Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 06, 2008 07:46AM

Guess Who
Just a cool note: There are currently 1.4 hits on this site every minute now.

I am posting this specifically to move it to the top again. ;)
Guess Who
That is just too funny !!

It will be very interesting to see who is at church this next Sunday.

Are they still holding 3 services?

I know there have been many good people who have been holding on hopping and praying for a change but after the last meeting so many people are finaly seeing the hardness of Tonys heart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: November 06, 2008 08:13AM

Can anyone verify the following:

Jesse Mancillas and Ken Bollinger resigned from the board of elders, from being an elder and from the church on Monday evening.

Posted by: txB2God ()
Date: November 06, 2008 08:36AM

Worship_Big
To all those reading, still at rlc;

What was so wrong with the bylaws that they had to be voted away?
What was so wrong with the Church that the "reset" button needed to be hit?
Why are people leaving left and right and why are you not getting any answers from the hired hand and leadership?
Why does the hired hand get to run the meeting where his leadership and teachings should be called into question and addressed?
Why would the hired hand not speak to, or answer any question that was raised?
Why the need to point out the faults of others and exclaim your victimization to rally your 120?
When did the supposed servant of the flock become the "lord" of the manor? Has anyone seen the hired hand walking around exclaiming "look at this kingdom I built with the work of my own hands"?
Is threatening people with financial extortion, err-um fleecing the flock, oh wait... an expected severance package and seed monies a possible crime?
Of course, in this age of ENRON, AIG the CEO with his twisted sense of entitlement gets the golden parachute while the workers (sheep) loose their retirement and get kicked to the curb.
Why did all this change have to be an all or nothing vote?

Sounds like someone has control issues and trust issues and issues with authority...

Please do not follow blindly, measure every teaching and message against God's word and measure the tree by the fruit.

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: November 06, 2008 09:02AM

Guess Who,

I have it from a very reliable source that both Jesse Mancillas and Ken Bollinger have resigned as Elders and are leaving the church. So that leaves: the hired hand and the 'yes men'; Dan Flory, Greg Huth, Gregg Skinner, Tom Kimball, Roland Pang (non-voting as possible punnishment). The prevailing belief is that Joel Arpileda my be in line as the next appointee.

Although I am amazed, I believe that the hired hand has been able to solidify his position among the remaining leadership, however it remains to be seen how many of the flock will remain in the weeks to come, and if there will be enough to sustain the church.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: November 06, 2008 10:25AM

Worship_Big
Guess Who,

I have it from a very reliable source that both Jesse Mancillas and Ken Bollinger have resigned as Elders and are leaving the church. So that leaves: the hired hand and the 'yes men'; Dan Flory, Greg Huth, Gregg Skinner, Tom Kimball, Roland Pang (non-voting as possible punnishment). The prevailing belief is that Joel Arpileda my be in line as the next appointee.

Although I am amazed, I believe that the hired hand has been able to solidify his position among the remaining leadership, however it remains to be seen how many of the flock will remain in the weeks to come, and if there will be enough to sustain the church.

Interesting. It would only make sense that Joel would step up especially in light of the fact that he is in business with Tony with Resonance Institute. This is according to the Secretary of State's website. Isn't it funny that he complained at the meeting about the church being ran like a corporation yet he is the one instrumental in running it like a corporation? Isn't it interesting that he would blame the elders and yet wasn't he the one who selected them? Isn't it interesting that he would blame his staff for the wrongs yet wasn't he the one who hired them? Now, I wonder who is dangerous. In my prayer time God put on my heart to write down a list of the people that have left RLC for very good reasons. The names keep coming to me and the list gets longer every day. I wonder who Tony will invite to his next pity party - it seems like the list of party goers is getting smaller by the minute.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 06, 2008 11:03AM

Free2bme

Interesting. It would only make sense that Joel would step up especially in light of the fact that he is in business with Tony with Resonance Institute. This is according to the Secretary of State's website. Isn't it funny that he complained at the meeting about the church being ran like a corporation yet he is the one instrumental in running it like a corporation? Isn't it interesting that he would blame the elders and yet wasn't he the one who selected them? Isn't it interesting that he would blame his staff for the wrongs yet wasn't he the one who hired them? Now, I wonder who is dangerous. In my prayer time God put on my heart to write down a list of the people that have left RLC for very good reasons. The names keep coming to me and the list gets longer every day. I wonder who Tony will invite to his next pity party - it seems like the list of party goers is getting smaller by the minute.[/quote

I have had the same thoughts and questions. Also I can speak from personal experience that Arpilleda us a Tony worshiper and stooley who just regurgitates what Tony is saying.

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: November 06, 2008 11:29AM

As I read all that is going on my heart breaks for those who are so deceived that they continue to support that which is un-biblical it also breaks my heart to see that some I once respected and within reason even honored have all been shown to not be men of integrity or honor. However, those remaining are all clones of Tony some have just done a better job of hiding it. I must admit that this causes me to once again especially in the case of Dan Flory to feel like such a fool. I never allowed Tony to get close enough however

Dan hid his true character from me until it became to his personal advantage to betray what I shared with him in confidence, even though some of what he taught me in my understanding of scripture violated the New Covenant and was in some cases legalism I believed he sincerely had my best interest in mind.

I knew Tony was becoming progressively more corrupt, but I believed that Dan Flory was not like Tony and I used to believe that for some reason he just couldn't see the truth about Tony. Now I see I did not see the truth about Dan. It really interesting and hard to admit, but my children and an unbelieving family member tried to warn that Dan was going to screw me over.
The entire current Elder's are just like Tony; do not be deceived into believing otherwise.
I mentioned some of the following in a private message to most everyone. I do not remember whether I said it all here, but several weeks ago God told me to stop fighting this fight and to stop praying for Tony C. and the Elder's, to move on into what he is doing in my life and leave the rest of the fight up to Him. That Tony and those Elder's who have been following blindly without questioning him or calling him to account or to repent of false teaching are not going to repent and are going to have to reap what they have sown in full. Their hearts are darkened and consciences are becoming seared. That those who remain are as deceived as Tony and are under the power of the evil one. The only way they may come to repentance is if their choices and false teachings and practices run the full course and even then I'm sorry to say I believe they will not repent and will only become bittern and the searing of their consciences will become complete.
The remaining sheep at Radiant Life will be more wounded then we ever were and we all are going to have to know even more of Father's love then we do now in order to demonstrate it to them and be agents of healing to them. I believe it is time if we are healed to move forward and begin focusing on finding what Father has for each one of us in order to grow in grace and genuinely non-performance based relationship with Father. That is the only way when the next wave neglected and abused sheep leave RLC that any of us will be chosen by Father to apply to the healing Balm Father has healed us with.

I am not certain, but this may be my last post and I may not be back here more as I have really had the feeling that it may be time for me to put even this forum behind me. Besides, I get the feeling that most here do not receive the things I have shared or me anyway. Perhaps that is the price of being a non-conformist. Nevertheless I have to follow where I believe the Spirit is leading me regardless who else follows.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 06, 2008 12:57PM

Tom...I just wanted to say that I have received much of what you have had to say and respect everything that you have to say. You have had valuable and insightful input on this forum and I am sure have at times helped others to heal. At other times you have helped to expose the lies of Tony and the other cult members. Thank you for your input and you do whatever you gotta do and whatever god is prompting you to do. Love ya Bro. Be blessed.

Posted by: EZE3.17 ()
Date: November 07, 2008 12:28AM

Question du jour:

If the Apostle of Africa is proven to be a fake, impostor, and charlatan, can he, by virtue of laying on of hands, confer genuine apostolic authority upon the Apostle of North America?

Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: November 07, 2008 12:37AM

I only post this article because I see David Garibaldi as a stand up guy… a guy that identifies with people and is connected to the real world… its unfortunate that in Christianity men often pose as spiritual leaders in attempts to ride that backs of the truly accomplished to deliver their own agendas… David, in my opinion, is an innocent by standard that was used by Tony Cunningham to prop up his fantasy that he is a somebody in the community… in Tony’s words “David’s talent was high jacked” by Tony so that Tony could come out at the end and ride the coattails of genuine experience and deliver a salvation call… the author calls it a “paint and switch”… so appropriate… if this was the right setting to invoke the name of Jesus and do an alter call, which I do not believe it was… then why didn’t David do the call? He is the talent being used by G-d! Right? It was David’s life changing testimony that was delivering an impact!!! Wasn’t it?

Again I post this not because I want to connect David to Tony but as another observation of G-d given, genuine talent that Tony used to push himself to the forefront… not a hint of consideration for the perception of people in the real world nor the perception of those who will report on David and his associations… just consideration for a con and his overwhelming desire to be in the spotlight…

Paint and switch
SN&R
By Becca Costello

This article was published on 03.29.07.

I first met David Garibaldi three years ago when I interviewed him for SN&R’s 15 Minutes. Though just 21 at the time, he immediately impressed me with his artistic commitment and positive energy. Back then, Garibaldi regularly appeared at the Empire Events Center, painting six-foot portraits of famous musicians in less than six minutes while dancing to a medley of their hits—a show he calls Rhythm and Hue. Today, he performs at parties worldwide and sells those portraits for upward of $5,000. Garibaldi truly is one of Sacramento’s great talents, so when I heard he was headlining a concert at the Crest Theatre, I made it a point to be there.
On the posters for last Thursday’s show, Real Life: Identify You, Garibaldi is quoted as saying he wants to inspire his generation to live a life of purpose and passion. The hundreds of young people in attendance proved he can at least inspire his generation to pay a $20 admission. The fast-paced production featured two hip-hop troupes, Press P.L.A.Y. and Boogie Monstarz; spoken-word artist Olivia Hansen; rap trio Lockdown, indie rockers RX66; and motivational speaker Tony Cunningham, senior pastor at Radiant Life Church. Each addressed the theme of passion and committing one’s life to a greater cause. There was much invoking of Martin Luther King Jr.
Though the show occasionally veered into the vaguely positive hyperbole of high school assemblies, it definitely energized. The music was loud, the moves were fierce and the anticipation for Garibaldi’s appearance ran high.
And there he was, bounding through the aisles to a standing ovation, spotlight bouncing off his metallic gold T-shirt logo. Garibaldi danced up to a black canvas and executed a vibrant portrait of Jay-Z to the catchy rhythms of “Show Me What You Got,” stopping periodically to get us waving our hands in the air. After slapping his trademark white palm print in the upper left corner, he grabbed a microphone.
Winded and paint-spattered, Garibaldi paced the stage and spoke about his beginnings as a semi-delinquent graffiti artist, his decision to commit to his dreams, and the long nights he sat in clubs painting and just trying to make a reputation. Eventually, he told us, his hard work paid off. He was making a living. But something was missing.
He painted another portrait—this time of Bono—as the crowd cheered. I’d pretty much guessed the missing thing was Jesus, so I wasn’t surprised when Garibaldi next told us how he found God at a church play and how his faith propelled his career to new heights. The crowd whooped and hollered what sounded like acceptance of the big J.C. as a personal savior.
I’m not Christian, but, as the Doobie Brothers so cheesily put it, “Jesus is just all right with me.” I’ve found some helpful lessons in the story of Christ’s life, but when it comes to true believers of any faith, I prefer a certain humbleness. As Maya Angelou says, “I’m always amazed when someone says, ‘I’m a Christian!’ I think, ‘Already?’”
For me, spiritual understanding is a lifelong endeavor. I bristle when others pretend to know something as intimate as the ultimate fate of my soul, and declare it a lost cause in need of saving, which is exactly what happened at this show. At the climax, Cunningham reappeared and urged us all to follow Garibaldi in accepting Christ’s invitation, to ask Jesus’ forgiveness for our sins, invite him into our hearts and thus secure eternal life.
The pastor led the audience in a prayer for salvation. Feeling deeply uncomfortable, but hoping to salvage what previously had been a fun evening, I joined in the asking for Jesus’ love. Then Cunningham uttered the line, “Thank you for dying on the cross in my place,” and I choked. I couldn’t say those words with feeling and I felt angry at being put in such a position. Motivation is one thing. A conversion ambush is quite another. If Garibaldi and all the talented performers at that night’s show hope to reach a global audience with their gifts, they’ll have to learn the difference.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.