Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: real ()
Date: November 09, 2008 09:28AM

Check on what an Interested Director can and cannot do. An Interested Director is a Director who receives compensation from the Corporation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: November 09, 2008 10:51AM

Real.........whats your point? Am i missing it? I dont think anyone is saying a director cannot receive compensation? maybe i am not following the flow here and am confused.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: November 09, 2008 11:04AM

Just a small correction: The existing loan based on the budget is probably somewhere between 3.5 and 4 million. The current property value is somewhere between 7 and 11 million. If I had to venture a guess.

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: November 09, 2008 12:49PM

Here I go again doing what I said I thought I wouldn't do.

However since most of the issues and un-biblical teaching and practice regarding Tony C's teachings on leadership, submission, honor... I thought I'd share a link to a blog I just finished reading about a minute ago. I'm sharing it for 2 reasons to share someone perspective of truly Christ like leadership which is genuinely completely unlike that of this worlds model which also makes it completely opposite of Tony C's teaching. Secondly, because I know Tony C. and other RLC leaders read this and dare them to take the time to follow the link I'm going to provide and then compare themselves by Jesus instead of by other men. So here it is CLICK HERE IF YOU DARE!

Posted by: real ()
Date: November 09, 2008 01:08PM

Tony Cunningham ia an Elder (Director) on the Board of a 501c3 Corporation. He is also the paid CEO of the Corporation and as such is an Interested Director. Interested Directors can not vote on matters of finacial benifit to themselves.

Posted by: EZE3.17 ()
Date: November 09, 2008 01:39PM

Question du jour:

True or False? The phrase "husband of but one wife" contains a loophole (implied or express) allowing a multiplicity of "spiritual" wives.

Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked.

Date: November 09, 2008 02:33PM

Not clear whether their are exemptions for churches to this confilic of interest policy by the irs but I do not think so.

Form 1023: Purpose of Conflict of Interest Policy

What is the purpose of the conflict of interest policy?

Charitable organizations are frequently subject to intense public scrutiny, especially where they appear to have inappropriately benefited their officers, directors, or trustees. The IRS also has an oversight role with respect to charitable organizations. An important part of this oversight is providing organizations with strategies that will help avoid the appearance or actuality of private benefit to individuals who are in a position of substantial authority. The recommended conflict of interest policy is a strategy we encourage organizations to adopt as a means to establish procedures that will offer protection against charges of impropriety involving officers, directors, or trustees.

A conflict of interest occurs where individuals’ obligation to further the organization’s charitable purposes is at odds with their own financial interests. For example, a conflict of interest would occur where an officer, director, or trustee votes on a contract between the organization and a business that is owned by the officer, director or trustee. Conflicts of interest frequently arise when setting compensation or benefits for officers, directors, or trustees. A conflict of interest policy is intended to help ensure that when actual or potential conflicts of interest arise, the organization has a process in place under which the affected individual will advise the governing body about all the relevant facts concerning the situation. A conflict of interest policy is also intended to establish procedures under which individuals who have a conflict of interest will be excused from voting on such matters.

Apart from any appearance of impropriety, organizations will lose their tax-exempt status unless they operate in a manner consistent with their charitable purposes. Serving private interests more than insubstantially is inconsistent with accomplishing charitable purposes. For example, paying an individual who is in a position of substantial authority excessive compensation serves a private interest. Providing facilities, goods, or services to an individual who is in a position of substantial authority also serves a private interest unless the benefits are part of a reasonable compensation arrangement or they are available to the public on equal terms and conditions.

Date: November 09, 2008 02:43PM

Real............. I didnt mean to write my post the way I did. I just reread it and it looked kinda sarcastic. I just wasnt sure what you meant. I am familiar with interested directors or directors that have conflict of interest but not sure what you were trying to say.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 09, 2008 03:45PM

Here are some lyrics that are just so fitting for RLc

I want to be a Clone by Steve Taylor

I'd gone through so much other stuff
That walking down the aisle was tough
But now I know it's not enough
I want to be a clone

I asked the Lord into my heart
They said that was the way to start
But now you've got to play the part
I want to be a clone

Be a clone and kiss conviction goodnight
Cloneliness is next to Godliness, right?
I'm grateful that they show the way
'Cause I could never know the way
To serve him on my own
I want to be a clone

They told me that I'd fall away
Unless I followed what they say
Who needs the Bible anyway?
I want to be a clone

Their language it was new to me
But Christianese got through to me
Now I can speak it fluently
I want to be a clone

To serve him on my own
I want to be a clone

Send in the clones

Ah, I kind of wanted to tell my friends and people about it, you know?

What?
You're still a babe
You have to grow
Give it twenty years or so
'Cause if you want to be one of his
Got to act like one of us

To serve him on my own
I want to be a clone

So now I see the whole design
My church is an assembly line
The parts are there, I'm feeling fine
I want to be a clone

I've learned enough to stay afloat
But not so much I rock the boat
I'm glad they shoved it down my throat
I want to be a clone

Everybody must get cloned

Posted by: EZE3.17 ()
Date: November 10, 2008 12:26AM

Question du jour:

Can anyone verify that the following parable/prophecy is indeed circulating within the Inner Circle?

RLC is like a tree. The roots are Jesus. The Apostle is the trunk. The members are the branches.

The bad branches are leaving the church, leaving the good branches. Once all the bad branches are pruned off and all that remain are good branches, RLC is destined for a season of unprecedented fruitfulness and prosperity.

Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.