Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: October 24, 2008 01:40PM

ESCAPEE07-

"
FYI~ in case you hadn't yet found this Ryan, I believe that this sermon is the one from October 5 you just have to click download sermons....I heard apologies in about the 23 minute area."

Thank you Nicole! It wasn't posted for awhile and an individual PM'd me and told me why they could not post it yet. Tony crossed the line that day. Actually, that whole weekend. He spoke out on things that the elders instructed him not to do.

Longtimer60,
Quote:
Tony blew it when he interrupted the man immediately after the he mentioned "Tony worship", and, I am not joking, Tony looked like a deer in headlights, mouth agape, and said, with as much of a completely dumbfounded look on his face as he could muster, "I...have...no...idea....what....you....are....talking about", emphasizing those words with short pauses in between the words, like he had never, EVER, heard those two words put together in the same sentence and knew absolutely nothing about the concept, whether or not the exact words 'Tony worship' were ever used in reference to this concept, or that he has never, ever, noticed it or talked to anyone about the fact that some people worship him. Then, the guy finished the rest of his comment about the people wanting to get close, blah, blah, blah.

This is the EXACT answer myself and Matt got on almost every question we confronted Tony on. His eyes were dazed and spoke with the same response, "I...have...no...idea....what....you....are....talking about". This is the same response he gave Shane yesterday as well. This is the same response he gives most everyone. That is why when I said in one of my last posts, "WHY? Because Tony manipulates and lies. That is why all of his meetings with people are in PRIVATE. That way, there are no witnesses. When its brought up later, there is no proof. Tony is at least clever enough to speak in private with most everyone. That way, when he is confronted publicly, he can say I...have...no...idea....what....you....are....talking about? Then, it is their word against his. This is why a public forum is so important because then all of the pieces of the puzzle are there and in an instant, the puzzle comes together and the REAL picture is revealed and his lies are exposed and verified. Tony will not meet in public with us because he acts like a coward and the lying spirit that lives in him does not want to be brought to light. Plus, that NPD (narcisstic personality disorder) that he has, prohibits him from believing that he is wrong. HE REALLY NEEDS A MIRACLE FROM GOD! That is why we all need to keep praying as well as exposing the lie by expressing the truth.

People who are reading this: Please stop defending what you are ignorant to. It is OK to look into such matters. You are not walking outside of Gods covering or Gods will. Be honest with yourself and with God. I know this is weighty and very difficult. Trust me.. I understand. It is a real gut check and VERY difficult to swallow the fact that any of us were so easily deceived. But it is not for nothing. You gain more understanding, more wisdom, more appreciation for Love, real friends and family and for all of the small things in life that God gives us. I am concerned for all who still attend. It will get so much worse as Tony and the small group of leaders that are left are confronted and squeezed on all sides. Test all things. Pray and pray some more. Stand upright. Choose God!

-Ryan-

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RLCrecoverer ()
Date: October 24, 2008 11:06PM

There are stil elders trying to bring change butv are slowly getting burned out and kicked out like matt wanner.So i wouldnt cast blame on all elders i dont think that is fair some of hem have repented. Yes there are some that are bringing harm and they seem to be the winning party.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 24, 2008 11:31PM

RLCrecoverer
There are stil elders trying to bring change butv are slowly getting burned out and kicked out like matt wanner.So i wouldnt cast blame on all elders i dont think that is fair some of hem have repented. Yes there are some that are bringing harm and they seem to be the winning party.

I understand this and I have to say that I think that those who are stepping up have our support and prayers. I will also say this, this crap has been going on for YEARS and their responsibility has been to oversee the church and they have failed. It seems that it is actually to late to try and bring order, therefore they are being snuffed out and rejected. I feel bad since it was my understanding when I first joined the church that the Wanners where REALLY close to the Cunninghams. This action of throwing out Matt, is just proof positive of the certain betrayal that happens when you decide to confront the "man of God".

As to the allegation that we were trying to get in with the "in" crowd:

First off, the statement is wrong considering that Matt and Ryan WERE in with the in crowd and decided that it was crap! I can see where that might be perceived as true for my part. I will say that there were times that I tried to get in with the "in crowd". I was told that was the only way to grow in ministry and I believed that lie. When I reallized I had to compromise morals and integrity to get in with those people I decided that I would much rather not. I was not bitter, I was glad that I was not sucked in a much as other people.
Also for the RLC club to nod and hum agreement to that mans statement proves how screwed up they are. They were agreeing that there was an IN CROWD??? Well has anyone ever heard of the verse in Galatians just before the fruit of the spirit verses???? In a nutshell it says the acts of sinful nature include FACTIONS... Thats right my friends cliques, it is a sin....See below

Galatians 5:16-21
16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2008 11:37PM by Escapee07.

Date: October 24, 2008 11:39PM

I know matt wanner. what do you mean that matt was kicked out? Do you mean kicked out of the church?

What is going on over there at RLC? I have family that go to that church.

This is all starting to sound like cancer. It just spreads and spreads and you can't stop it.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: October 24, 2008 11:42PM

RLCrecoverer,

"There are stil elders trying to bring change butv are slowly getting burned out and kicked out like matt wanner.So i wouldnt cast blame on all elders i dont think that is fair some of hem have repented. Yes there are some that are bringing harm and they seem to be the winning party".

RLCrecoverer,

Not everyone is casting blame on this forum. However, you need to understand that even Akin, when his sin was weighed and found out about before all of the people, was killed by God with ALL OF HIS FAMILY. They were ALL held accountable for being under Akins “covering”. Also, in Numbers 16, when Korah, Dathan and Abirim rose up against Moses with 250 other families and spoke falsely against Moses and Aaron, ALL that were united on their front and were under Korahs authority, were SWALLOWED UP by the earth at Gods command. This is no light situation. You cant just say sorry and call it good. That is not true repentance.

Some of the Elders may be somewhat acting in opposition to Tonys authority, but never the less, they still allow him to teach and practice there and still are “Elders” under his “covering”. They are still accountable until they call for a drastic change and disconnect. Also, “REPENTANCE” is not just saying sorry blanketly. It is TOTALLY exposing ALL wrong doings, admitting to ALL the false teachings and dustructive practices, and than COMPLETELY changing course. None of us have heard an apology. I know some have said “sorry” publically and resigned, but that does not bring restitution to the whole.

Here is my perspective, though it holds no weight nor does it matter because God knows what is best, not me, I believe “repentance” for the Elders would be to either “REMOVE” Tony completely from RLC admitting to all of their actions and Tonys actions. Then, Tony needs to apologize. If he doesn’t, no big deal. We all don’t really expect it because it takes humility and strength to do that. Then, after that, they need to bring in a new pastor and reconnect with Church of God. If all of this does not happen, then I believe to “REPENT” for real, would be for all who don’t support Tony to “RESIGN” and publicly denounce all ties with him and his practices. This action also requires boldness, humility and strength.

My intent is to not shoot you down RLCrecoverer, but to let you know of the enormity of this situation. This whole thing is not a game, or funny or any small matter. To all, take care for now.

-Ryan-

Date: October 24, 2008 11:43PM

tell me what is going on.

Date: October 25, 2008 02:38AM

ConcernedChristian
tell me what is going on.

I believe, concerned Christian, that if you go back about 80 pages and read to this point you will have a pretty good idea of what is going on over at RLC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2008 02:46AM by Escapee07.

Date: October 25, 2008 02:45AM

I have a question for those of you who are reading and not posting...

If you are on the fence about RLC, what is keeping you there?? I would like to know what is being said over there about the whole situation.

I am honestly curious to hear the other side of the story. Is there change happening? Are they reforming their ways? When apologies are offered are they, in your opinion, genuine? Or are they the type of apologies that seem like apologies and then after thinking about it you realized it wasn't a true apology. EX: I am sorry that what I did made you feel that way.

Please, we need to have the other side of the story, please come on here and share. Thank you.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 25, 2008 03:24AM

Rebellion runs in Tonys life and there is a long history to illistrate my statement.
Recall the testimony rose shared at the 3 strands confrence, when Tony was dating Rose... she did not want to see him and he could not accept that so he broke in to the dormitory. Look back to North Bend Tony could not submit himself to the senior pastor. That pastor would never hire Tony again. Then look at the pastors in Sacramento They saw Tony with an alterior motive to be the leader never availing him self to the opertunity to serve. One Voice was the same story Tony had to be out in the front and had to have it his way.

I wonder if Tony ever learned to share and take turns in Kindergarden or was he the bully and thug?

Posted by: longtimer60 ()
Date: October 25, 2008 03:27AM

The forum readers have to know that the Elders made it very clear both in words and action at the Sunday meeting that they "are with Radiant Life Church and stand by Tony Cunningham". The previous statement is what Dan Flory said at the meeting in regards to himself personally. He was not speaking for the elder board. When Roland Pang stood up to resign, I was thinking that it was going to be a good thing, hoping that he would knock some sense into everyone, but what he actually said was that he apologized to the general assembly because as an elder he had failed us, he spoke of monies not being used in the right way, but never elaborated, and, at the end of his statement he said, "and we have hurt Tony Cunningham". They made it clear by standing at the front giving the same blanket apology of "dropping the ball" in regards to people's concerns. Apparently "dropping the ball" was the term decided on, because I believe almost every one of the elders used it in their so called apology. It was like watching a row of school children who have just been asked their opinion on some thing and each, in turn, sort of just borrows the verbage of the person who went before them cause they didn't really have anything of their own to say. They each waited expectlantly to hear the words "you are forgiven" before passing off the mic to the next elder.

The elders...and Roland Pang took center stage on Sunday night...are the 'Fall Guys' for Tony. They are brilliantly playing their part in the entire cover-up and are total pawns for Tony. And I want to believe that they are just all deceieved and really don't know what they are actually doing. It would be too horrible to comprehend if they actually did realize what they were doing and did it anyway. Someone asked, "is Tony going to come into the meeting", because she had a pointed question about "extreme discipleship" to ask Tony. Jesse went to retreive him from his post in the hallway, and I say post because I heard that he very pointedly asked a person who had recently left the church when she showed up at the meeting, "What are you doing here," so he was obviously on the lookout for those whom he knows don't agree with what he is doing. When Tony came in and was being brought the microphone by Jesse so that he could answer the woman's question, Jesse made it abundantly clear that he would protect Tony. I can't remember Jesse's exact words but it was something to the effect that if anyone tried anything that he wasn't going to allow it. I don't know if he expected someone to attack Tony physically or yell at him or whatever.

Tony, in listening to the woman's question about 'extreme discipleship', asked her to define it. I cannot exactly remember what her definition of it was, but it was something to the effect that the Discipler gets to tell the disciplee what to do and they are to take that as God's word for them through the discipler. (please, please, correct me if I am wrong if anyone remembers exactly what the woman said). Anyway, she then asked Tony if he has ever modeled it or practiced it or taught it (again, please correct me if this is not what she said). I ask for correction about her exact words because Tony was listening VERY carefully to her exact words and how she defined 'extreme discipleship'. Tony answered emphatically, "No".

I have never heard of the term 'extreme' discipleship. What exactly is it and did anyone witness Tony or any of the elders or other leaders practice, model, or teach it? How was it put into practice at Radiant Life Church? Does anyone have a definition written down in their SOMA or Prophetic Cadre notes?

Emotions got a bit warm there at the end of the meeting, as Dave Gardner tried and tried and tried to ask very pointed questions, but a direct answer to his questions was avoided at every point. I could tell that he was hitting some sore points because when Dave asked what was going on because the Associate pastor had resigned, an elder resigned last week (Matt) and that another elder had just resigned, Shay Pang turned around and said not to lump us, or maybe she said, don't lump her husband in with Matt Wanner. This was further confirmation to me that Mr. Pang is taking the heat for Tony and that the remaining elders stand with Tony and believe him over the many, many, many credible witnesses that have voiced concerns with the aberrant pratices at RLC. The remaining elders and Mr. Pang don't believe that they were credible enough, obviously. Matt, thank you for trying to enlighten people, and for actually hearing people.

There was no admittance to anything in particular even though several people in the general assembly shouted out, so as to be heard, "What are we forgiving you for?' The only one who gave an explanation was Ken Bollinger who took the mic and said that he sometimes went along with the crowd in the elder meetings rather than standing his ground and not voting with the rest of the group. He then said that he has been forgiven for it, referring to the apologies that were afforded each elder earlier, and that he was done with it or he was moving past it or something to that vein.

Tony made it very clear that if he could not do what it was that he was called to do here at RLC (spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ and save the lost) that he would do it elsewhere. If I believe correctly, there were some that shouted out that they would go with him if he did that.

Someone asked who the elders are? The voting elder board currently consists of: Bollinger, Ritzma?, Huth, Jesse (head of the elder board) and Mera.
The elders are Tony Cunningham, Dan Flory, Gregg Skinner, and Tom Kimball who was put back on the board as of the meeting. Roland Pang resigned at the meeting and Matt Wanner resigned the week before after he was disciplined by the board and put on a leave of absence or a 90 day suspension or whatever it actually was.

Does anyone know if it is true that Tony was officially disciplined by the board and given a 2 week suspension? I would like to know what he was suspended for, and what duties were suspended because he obviously still preached every Sunday. I think that because he is the pastor that the general assembly should have been informed, the congregation should have been informed on a Sunday morning in from of everyone. An explanation should have been given to all who attend RLC!!!! Does anyone else agree that an explanation needs to be given? A pastor's suspension or discipline by the board of elders should not be kept secret from the congregants of the church.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.