Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: October 22, 2008 08:43AM

If there is a public meeting I'll be there and I am willing to testify as to what I have seen, heard, and experienced. However if it were to ever happen I think a Christian mediation service should be used and I know someone who who is Christian Mediator who would be excellent if he is willing and has the time in his schedule. They would be completely objective, because they do not even live in Sacramento and I'm relatively they do not know anyone involved. This person and I have only communicated via email and on an altogether different topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2008 08:46AM by TomWilson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: timeforchange ()
Date: October 22, 2008 10:42AM

This will be my last post. God has made it clear to me that if I go any further I will be trying to fight His battle. I have come to stark revelations over the last several days. The first is that while I want to see justice, the only just judge is God. For the last several days I have lamented over many horrid situations that I have seen. I have awakened with levels of anger I didn't know a person could have, I have grieved to a depth that I didn't think possible.

God continues to take me to I Samuel. Eli and Saul both did what they thought was ok and permitted evil to happen. Men were not allowed to bring them judgment, only God could. When God sent those to speak for Him with no response from either Eli or Samuel; He acted, He brought swift judgment. In His perfect timing God made it right, He brought justice. But God sent only one messenger, one time. I feel I have gone to; I have spoken; now I must learn to trust God.

David did. Although there were times he crossed the line, he came and repented. He realized that judgment was Gods. I believe for me maybe the lines have been blurred a time or two. I need to trust God, just as David did.

I have also considered how party lines have been drawn and irreparable damage has been done. God speaks about unity. There is serious division. There is a chasm that is so wide; it will take significant and miraculous circumstances to heal it. I am more than positive God never wanted this type of division within His people. This grieves God and it grieves me. I never wanted to bring division. However, I can tell you while repentance has brought reconciliation in many ways; I am divided from some I love deeply. I can't help but consider how God must feel.

Truth is I have come to a conclusion... I must get out of the way. I must allow myself to trust God. I must listen to His voice. His voice is speaking to me, "Will you trust me to defend the brokenhearted." Let me tell you, I WANT TO KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS! But alas, it's not mine to kick.

I sat in business meeting appalled as I watched it become a three ring circus. I heard the lies and half-truths. As I sat God made it very clear, I was not to speak a word. You see anything spoken now is on deaf ears. Decisions are made and sides have been chosen.

I lost respect for some I once held dear. I don't hate anyone. But I walked away with the knowledge we are fighting something much bigger than us. Only God can fight on this level. While I think a public forum is a splendid idea, I also realize that it just won't happen. I won't happen for many reasons, the main one is there is far too much to lose and far too much to hide for those in leadership. To continue to protect the hole they are in is their only option. Anything that comes out now only causes greater implication and misfortune.

This isn't just about Tony Cunningham anymore. This isn't even about the elders or remaining leadership of RLC anymore. This is about the body of Christ. This is about God being allowed to be God. He is the only just judge.

I am not saying stop fighting. Our fight is not about flesh and blood. Our fight is with principalities and darkness. Darkness merely uses people. The only way for Satan to hurt the heart of God is to hurt His people. He's done a great job thus far. Let's continue to pray.
Let's continue to fight in prayer. Pray against the darkness and ask God to expose it with His light. He will, He has, and He is doing it even now as I type. There is hope. Many eyes have been open and people are getting free. Healing will come to all of us.

I have also pondered the issue of anonymity. Tony wants to know who is bloggin', who is speaking badly. The people on this forum want people to come on and use their name for validity to the stories. I asked God about what I should do. I came to a conclusion, it's not about my name; it's about my heart. You see the Bible tells me there is "no other name in heaven by which we are saved” Only the name of Jesus matters. So if I can be His light, show Him to the darkness, who cares what my name is. I want people to see my heart. This name thing has been the problem all along. Just in the book of Corinthians, Paul addresses this. Today it is not different. I don't want to follow Tony, I don't want to follow a discipler, or any one else for that matter. I want to follow only Yahweh!

Yahweh is my salvation. He is my rescue. I believe it is time for me to let Him be my defense. I believe I have been obedient thus far. I was supposed to speak to elders, I was supposed to speak to RLC members via my posts, and now I think I am to end here with this encouragement to all, no matter what side of the battle field you are on, this is a time for repentance, reconciliation, and restoration.
We are all in various places in that journey. Some need to repent, some need to reconcile with God and others; However, I believe we all need restoration. There is so much healing to be had. God wants to restore our hearts, which is His business. That is his goal, to restore us for relationship with Him.

This has been a long taxing season; war exhausts everyone, including the innocent. There are many innocent caught in the crossfire. We all need to find them and love them. We all are in need of love. The only way this will happen is if we put down our swords and allow God to pick up His.

I love you all! I am so grateful for your journeys; both those who have posted and those who have just read. I love the elders of RLC. Yes, I even love Tony Cunningham. You see love is not contingent on behavior; it is based on my ability to apprehend the heart of God. He loves us all unconditionally, no matter what we do. I know personally I have sinned and transgressed against him many times and many ways. He has forgiven me many times. It is time for me to forgive and love. This doesn't mean I forget. That would be stupid. I have to learn something from all of this. Right now I am learning to allow God to do the battle and to trust Him even when it looks like the other side might have won. Which by the way, nobody really wins during war, everybody suffers.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 22, 2008 12:19PM

Thanks timeforchange for all your input and your perspective. You brought much to this forum. I respect your decision to say farewell. What a mess Tony and his regime have created. It continues to boggle my mind. I wonder sometimes if this is the only church these people have ever known and jacked up. I am sure others will continue to post hear in an effort to warn others. I thignk there are many prn productive reasons to post here other than pushing Radiant Life Church to repent, humble themselves, renounce certain teachings, and reconcile to those hurt. The first and foremost reason is to warn others of the cultish and destructive nature of this church. That is not gossip or slander but our obligation to our fellow brothers and sisters. If the shepard and elders aren't going to protect the flock then we need to help and look out for each other. I do agree thought that God is the one who will bring justice and I believe it will come, but it will be with his timing. I love you all forum members and nonforum members from RLC just popping in. Peace Out.

Date: October 22, 2008 12:39PM

Tony wants to know who is bloggin', who is speaking badly.

Tony wants to know who he is fighting against because he looks upon it as a battle for his ego and reputation. He wants to know who is behind the name so that he can plot his strategy at discrediting that person. It is funny because he doesn't even know me. I have never had a conversation with him beyond hello, how are you doing. However, I have sat in many teachings and witnessed many things. I am sure that him, the elders, and others at Radiant Life have discredited me and are making a mockery of me. To them I am nobody so therefore i do not have a voice. But guess what, I really do not care one bit. I have ran into people from RLC since revealing my name and they always do their best to avoid me or ignore me. Guess what, it is bothering them alot more than it is bothering me because I have no problem being myself and being courteous and nice to anyone. This whole thing is not about us versus them. There is something much greater as timeforchange has said. What I saw at RLC, what I heard there, and what I experienced truly made a mockery of God. I may not matter to them but I matter to God. I do not hate anyone at Radiant Life including Tony and the elders. I am perplexed that they would all put up with what has gone on and it grieves my heart that many people have been abused and tossed about but I have never had any hate. There has been anger at times but that anger has changed from a human anger to a godly anger. Tony has elevated himself to a status that he is not worthy of. It is up to God to bounce him off of his pedastal. I posted an earlier message by a SOMA student where he is basically worshiping Tony. This is what he has created and neither he nor anyone else has done anything to temper this prevailing behaviour at RLC. Anyway, much too much said for tonight, I am out again.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 22, 2008 01:21PM

Marc, Interesting post above. The part about running into people and knowing that you are on the RR forum makes them uncomfortable and they avoid you. I find it interesting that peoples identities are so wrapped up in what church they go to they, cant even be civil, or comfortable for that matter, around someone who outright does not like their church. Why does the congregation we go to so define who we are and who we talk to???
Jesus did not do that, he talked to people whether or not they agreed with him or disagreed with him. He even talks to people who don't receive him.If he didn't nobody would come to saving knowledge of Jesus.
I am gulity of it too, as a matter of fact I happend to see someone from RLC leadership the other day and turned around and walked the other direction.
This kinda of crap has to stop. Whether you are okay with the teaching at RLC or Not, we are all Christians, saved by the blood of Jesus. We need to regard each other with respect and hospitality. I may happen to disagree with the doctrine you choose to live by, but I am a sister in Christ and should be treated as such, just as I should treat others. My identity is not with my congregation, it is in CHRIST. Therefore I should be comfortable giving anyone a civil greeting. And anyone from RLC who sees me walking along, should feel no issue coming up to me and saying hello.

It is important to note however that, if there are things that are outright unbiblical and harmful to the body of Christ and it is not taken care of, I have no problem standing up and saying so.

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: October 22, 2008 11:24PM

whatajoke
Tony wants to know who is bloggin', who is speaking badly.

Tony wants to know who he is fighting against because he looks upon it as a battle for his ego and reputation. He wants to know who is behind the name so that he can plot his strategy at discrediting that person. It is funny because he doesn't even know me. I have never had a conversation with him beyond hello, how are you doing. However, I have sat in many teachings and witnessed many things. I am sure that him, the elders, and others at Radiant Life have discredited me and are making a mockery of me. To them I am nobody so therefore i do not have a voice. But guess what, I really do not care one bit. I have ran into people from RLC since revealing my name and they always do their best to avoid me or ignore me. Guess what, it is bothering them alot more than it is bothering me because I have no problem being myself and being courteous and nice to anyone. This whole thing is not about us versus them. There is something much greater as timeforchange has said. What I saw at RLC, what I heard there, and what I experienced truly made a mockery of God. I may not matter to them but I matter to God. I do not hate anyone at Radiant Life including Tony and the elders. I am perplexed that they would all put up with what has gone on and it grieves my heart that many people have been abused and tossed about but I have never had any hate. There has been anger at times but that anger has changed from a human anger to a godly anger. Tony has elevated himself to a status that he is not worthy of. It is up to God to bounce him off of his pedastal. I posted an earlier message by a SOMA student where he is basically worshiping Tony. This is what he has created and neither he nor anyone else has done anything to temper this prevailing behaviour at RLC. Anyway, much too much said for tonight, I am out again.

Great Post Marc!!! I like it... I have been reading the past few days and people speaking about having an open face to face and public thing with Tony. Wow!!! That would be good to present all things in the midst of many witnesses... But I'm all the way out here in Texas... I personally could not meet Tony in a public meeting like that with many witnesses... the only reason why i say that... is because I know my ownself... And I am just to angry of a man... I would clean his clock right then and there.... but that's just me. And to those who read and say things about my anger issues and my profanity... I really don't care. Afterall... I'm not a Christian, I'm not Christ-Like, I'm not a Church-Goer... None of that!!! I'm just a SINNER who tries his best to get closer to God.... And you know what PEOPLE?? I'm me... That's right Tony... It's me ANTONIO FLORES!!! And to all the other ass kissing ELDERS... IT"S ME!!! To the so-called elders... Listen up!! Every single one of you have got to get your act together.. Tony is a man... that's all he is. But you guys are so filled with this sense as if he were some apostle... Read your bibles by allowing God to teach you through the scriptures, not in it of your own minds or Tony's twisted GOD DAMN LIES that he has been feeding you! Oh and yes i did say GOD DAMN!! TO all you weak individuals that find that offensive it's not.. And don't try and point out that piece of scripture that I took the Lord's name in vain because i didn't! Taking the Lord's name in vain is not saying GOD DAMN! The Pharisees took the Lord's name in Vain when they accused Christ of casting out demons by the power of Beelzebub!! OMG!!! The ex-Hoodlum Antonio just actually might have shed some light for some... LOL!!!!

Laterz!!

Antonio Flores
Just a another SINFUL man... only thing is Tony... I ADMIT MY FAULTS!!!

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: October 22, 2008 11:45PM

Timeforchange,
I want to say thank you for posting on here. Be blessed in your journey. I did want to address some of your reasons for leaving the forum. First, it may have been more helpful just to let your response be, " I am not going to post anymore." Why"? So others can come to their own revelations and reasons. Some of your last post seem preachy and straight from the pulpit. I MAY BE WRONG, but that is just how it sounded to me.

Second: quote: "I have also considered how party lines have been drawn and irreparable damage has been done. God speaks about unity. There is serious division. There is a chasm that is so wide; it will take significant and miraculous circumstances to heal it. I am more than positive God never wanted this type of division within His people. This grieves God and it grieves me. I never wanted to bring division. However, I can tell you while repentance has brought reconciliation in many ways; I am divided from some I love deeply. I can't help but consider how God must feel.

This seriously implies that ALL THAT HAS BEEN DONE is not of God. In fact...that this division is BAD and should not be. Let me state a few things.

1) RESOLVE: "to separate into constituent or elementary parts; break up; cause or disintegrate"

To make a distinquishing between TRUTH and a LIE, Godly and Ungodly, Religion and Relationship with God, Health and Sickness, you NEED to bring RESOLVE! It literally is like taking two things that are laminated and De-laminating them. In order to CREATE Unity with God, you need to seperate from the thing or things that have seperated you from God in the first place. The teachings at RLC and under Tony Cunningham have caused most of this separation. People think they are walking in Truth, when in reality, that truth is a LIE. Don't believe me? LOOK AT THE FRUIT! Unified with each other at RLC but TOTALLY DIVIDED from God, the World, family and friends. So in order to bring about a righteous result, DIVISION from the spell of the devil is VERY important.( I am not implying that Tony is the devil. But the spirit that hovers over the leaders and teachings) How do you do that? Showing the DISTINCT difference between Truth (Light) and Lie (darkness).

REMEMBER!!! 34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw—
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.

When Christ (truth and light) is revealed, division is eminent at first. Many a time the Religious ( Jews, pharisees, etc) were divided from the WAY. Is this Gods plan from the beginning? NO WAY! RESOLVE is a painful process and is ugly at first. I also do not like seeing what I see. It is disheartning to see all of this mess. But I wouldn't trade this mess for anything, if it means that people become GENUINLY restored to Christ, their family and friends, to people outside the church and to themselves.

This is not a retalitory attack on "timeforchange", but an insight that I think is of most important for others to understand. We have been so taught the "Christianease" way of life, that it has confused the people of God and made us a "fragile, weak and a cowardly generation." I choose to stand up and do what I feel is right. Who else will fight for Truth unless we really grab a hold of it and believe it. Bless you all for now!

-Ryan-

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 23, 2008 06:34AM

The solution to this is so simple, that is sickens me that it is not being done.

Repent, Admit wrong doing, Be specific about the false teachings, start working toward reconcilliation, start over, find some Godly accountability(outside of RLC)!!!!! Seriously, this is the root of every wrong thing that has happened.

A small analogy.

When I was a little kid, I HATED brushing my teeth.I don't know why. I would do everything to make my parents think that I had brushed my teeth. I would run the water for 2 minutes, I would wet the tooth brush, squeeze the toothpaste tube into a different shape, I would even go so far as to scrape the brush across my teeth one time. All this cover up, just so I would not have to brush my teeth. Really all that was left to do after I was done scheming was to actually put toothpaste on the brush and brush my teeth! It literally took the same amount of time, I was just being rebellious. The fact is, I would have benefitted from the begining if I would have just taken the 1 extra step and just done it right. I would have been better off and I would not have had to lie to my parents.

All the work the leadership is putting into covering their tracks, would be better spent just admitting that you have been VERY wrong, and start the process of your own healing as well as everyone elses. In the end you could have prevented the more serious damage and not have lied to cover up everything. It is a tough thing, but if you were genuine with your repentance, good things would happen and people would stop leaving your church.
You wouldn't have to stop bad mouthing people who oppose you, because you wouldn't be trying to cover you tracks. You could be up front and honest, I think that people might actually start to really respect you again.

This is not about drawing party lines, this is about teaching God's word with integrity and living above reproach.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2008 06:48AM by Escapee07.

Date: October 23, 2008 07:04AM

Great post Ryan! Thanks for bringing balance to the forum. Antonio, I love you man. If you ever come back this way look me up.

I will continue to post the following as much as I need to because I believe it is so powerful and so indicative of of the situation at Radiant Life............. bad system, bad man.

Elders: You are part of the system

A good man in a bad system will not misuse his authority. A good system can deal with a bad man and get rid of him. A bad man in a bad system is an untouchable pope simply because he is protected by the system. He may be the worst of tyrants, but nothing can be done by anyone. A sincere sheep has only one option in such a case.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 23, 2008 07:07AM

While I agree with the thought process that repentance would yield a better result than a cover up, there is one problem.

To repent you have to actually recognize that there is something wrong. Paul explains this is Galatians. The law is how we know we need a savior.

Well, Tony is a narcissist. This said you can understand that the only possible course of action at this time would be for Tony to be removed from being a pastor and submit himself to therapy.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but good luck getting that done.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.