Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 25, 2008 06:00AM

Thank you Longtimer60.

I just want to send a message to Tony, since obviously he reads this. No one wants you to stop spreading the gospel, no one even wants you to neglect your calling....WE JUST WANT YOU TO STOP ADDING YOUR WORDS TO THE GOSPEL. It caused all this mess. You are an excellent instructor and have been used to share the gospel to many. I learned a lot of good things from you. I just can't stand the fact that you have added to the gospel and in turn messed up families, marriages and worse, people's relationship with God.

All anyone is really wanting from you is something genuine, take the fall for the mistakes, step away and get some Christian Counseling (yes, there are people out there who can actually teach you) Let another pastor have the reigns. Stop blaming other people for your mistakes, which would have caused less havoc if you would have repented years ago.

So please forgive me if I have offened you because I have just asked that a man I had called my Pastor for 8 1/2 years to step up and be responsible.

Grace and Peace for you,
Nicole Bianchini- Sister in Christ

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freejoy ()
Date: October 25, 2008 06:12AM

If my memory serves me correctly Tony was disciplined during the whole Buzz Oates thing and the church was given an explanation and told what the consequences would be and Tony was applauded for his humility. Whatever. So with that, the church does deserve an explanation and should be given an explanation. It was good then, why not now?

As for the Matt Wanner comment that Shay Pang said, I have not words to describe the feelings I have right now. Matt Wanner did what was right and stood up for the people who were and are hurting. So in a way, her husband should not be lumped in with him since he didn't do that and obviously thinks Matt is wrong or maybe even "dangerous"? The only thing Mr. Pang has done that should be applauded is that he resigned and now can maybe have eyes to see what is really going on instead of being swayed with the rest of them. Again, whatever. What did Matt get disciplined by the board for and wasn't it conveniently taken care of? Funny how the people who are against the system get QUICKLY tossed aside but Tony's investigation or cover up has been going on for months.

I appreciate that longtime60 has come on here to share the happenings of the business meeting. It gives clarity and lets us know exactly what kind of thing we are up against. It also very clearly lets us know who can be trusted and who can't. There are people on the Elder board who up until recently, I trusted. No more.

As for "extreme discipleship" to my knowledge it was never called that but it became that. I don't have any of my notes from anything from RLC but I can remember being told things in discipleship or hearing of others experiences and it very much played out like this:

longtimer60
...something to the effect that the Discipler gets to tell the disciplee what to do and they are to take that as God's word for them through the discipler.

I don't think I was ever told that exactly but it was implied and acted out in the lives of those around us. So we followed suit. Relationship, blessing and all that was tied into it so you did it because you wanted on the inside and you wanted God's blessing.

Posted by: longtimer60 ()
Date: October 25, 2008 07:23AM

I am not talking about the Buzz Oats fiasco. I am speaking of a recent, very recent suspension or discipline that Tony supposedly received.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 25, 2008 09:07AM

Shay Pang, comon give me a break. Now roland cant speak for himself. It is sad that the elders are so ignorant they dont even know their function. They really in the end should be the fall guys for the sheep.

Thanks so much longtimer for sharing. If the meeting is as you described then I thing the loyal cult members will stay and the others had to have seen the closed mindedness and blinding loyalty to a pastor who has done much damage. To Roland I say what do we forgive you for? You did the right thing for the wrong reason. Very, very sad.

To the lady who was brave enough to face everyone and ask pointed questions and to Dave Gardner I say you are the real protectors of the sheep. When people talk about businesses failing it is no wonder if it is run like the church.

Date: October 25, 2008 09:17AM

FYI.........check the website below.........as churches disassociate new ones come on board.

Life Change Church? Sure does sound alot like the RLC jargon of Life Change Today? Herring has affirmed their partnership with Tony on the website. I wonder if the unsuspecting people there have any idea what has gone on and who they are in partnership with. I wonder if partnership is a veiled word for "under authority".

[www.lifechangechurch.info]

Date: October 25, 2008 09:35AM

[www.resonanceinstitute.org]

wow, you think he could have provided one testimony from someone outside of the church who had great things to say. Would you say these people have been manipulated. I especially cringe at the testimony saying that the course material provided the foundation for their marriage and family structure. Whew, that is how out of whack things are. the institute that provides the foundation and course material for marriage and family structure is gods word not tonys. If you are relying on tony they you are weak weak weak and will continue to be manipulated. I wonder how many of these people are thriving with their finances and lifes. Really, or have they left foreclosed houses? I dont know.

Date: October 25, 2008 10:01AM

can someone explain to me what happenned in the Buzz Oates ordeal and what Tonys involvement was. This was before my time. If you do not want to discuss it on the public forum then pm me and explain. Thanks,

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: October 25, 2008 12:42PM

WAJ

What my recollection of the Buzz Oates ordeal was that Tony brought suit against Buzz Oates. I believe it had something to do with RLC paying property taxes. I was told that Tony was advised not to bring suit against Buzz Oates but he went against counsel and did it anyway. As it turned out, apparently there was a document that was signed on behalf of the church that recognized this property tax payment. Tony was left eating crow, however, he used his secretary as scape goat stating that he wasn't aware of the paperwork. So as it went down, Tony announced on a Sunday morning that he advised the elders he needed to be disciplined and they gave him a two week suspension. (How convenient that you choose your own punishment) However, he continued to preach and slander Buzz Oates' character. This after the man gave the church a building. (See link below that shows the Sacremento Superior Court cases. It shows RLC as the plaintif bringing suit against Buzz Oates for breach of contract).

[services.saccourt.com]||radiant%20life|01/01/1998|12/31/2008|Name|Asc|

If someone remembers differently than what I have posted, please let me know.

Karen

Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: October 25, 2008 02:43PM

The only additional thing that I remember about the Buzz Oats deal is that the document that was found by Tony's Secretary had Tony's signature on it and he said he did not remember signing it, but acknowledged it was his signature on the document.

Date: October 25, 2008 02:49PM

That at the very least would call into question his ability to recall information and at the worst case and more likely it would show he was a liar back then and a liar now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.