Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 27, 2008 11:22PM

did any one ever post who the current sycophants (elders) are?

whatajoke
In case there is any confusion Tony, the word is very appropriate especially in regards to the elders.

Sycophant
Noun
1. A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage.

But what do you care when you just blame everyone for behaving in that way while you promote it in your teachings and actions. "I.........have.............no..........idea.........what...........you.........are............talking.........about.............
signed Tony, Dale, and the elders.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 28, 2008 07:36AM

The Elders of RLC : Tony Cunningham, Ken Bollinger, Jesse Mancillas, Greg Huth, Rohn Ritzema, Tom Kimball, Greg Skinner, Dan Flory and Mera Whorton. Oops sorry Mera resigned this week.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 28, 2008 07:56AM

Question: How is it that Greg Huth is still an elder and Matt Wanner was removed? The Elders have testimony that Greg Huth advised a woman to leave her husband. There is one other woman that Greg also gave this advice to. I am not sure how encouraging someone to leave their spouse is in any way scriptual. Am I missing something here?

I also understand that Greg Huth is defending spiritual parenting by holding up Shelly Tharp as a success to the elders. Did anyone bother to ask her parents how they feel? What about the qualification for an elder to manage their home and family right. What has happened to Greg's sons? I know everyone will say they are adults now so he is no longer responsible for their choices. That does not answer for the years that they were growing up. Did Shelly glean more time and benefit to the detriment of his own sons? Maybe yes maybe no. I do not know the answers, just asking the questions.

Date: October 28, 2008 08:37AM

For those of you still healing from your hurtful church experience I would like to tell you about a book that has been helpful. It is called The Shack by Wm Paul Young. I recommend this to any who find themselves wondering if they can be loved by God if they have walked away from their church.

I hope you are able to find a copy and are touched as you read about Mack's encounter with God.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 28, 2008 08:59AM

I don't know if I should say sorry or congratulations to Mera. She is a good lady.

Another one bites the dust and Tony says:
"I.........have.............no..........idea.........what...........you.........are............talking.........about............."

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 28, 2008 09:50AM

....ever wish you could be a fly on the wall in the elder meetings????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2008 09:51AM by Escapee07.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: October 28, 2008 11:06AM

I would not be so quick to assume that there is not a fly on the wall in the elders meetings...

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 28, 2008 11:52AM

...or in the congregation.... ;)

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: October 28, 2008 02:56PM

This may seem like a random post to some of you but for those who attended the meeting, know this; My daughter Brittany just turned 22 and the spiritual parenting thing has been going on for at least 5 years - you do the math. She wasn't a child lured with candy but a zealous child of God lured by false teaching. And by the way, were is it Biblically supported that when you turn 18 you're an adult and can make your own decisions skirting your bioligical parents and seek guidance and covering from someone else? That had been told to her so much that by the time she turned 18 she did exactly that. It is true that that is law but so is gay marriage so watch out.

Mr. Cunningham, I don't appreciate you using my family as a message to push your agenda. Isn't that gossip as you define it? The individual asked a simple question about this blog - don't speculate on our behalf.

Questions or comments? I'm in the book, give me a call.

Karen

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 28, 2008 10:42PM

Escapee07
....ever wish you could be a fly on the wall in the elder meetings????
NO that only makes me sick to my stomach! thinking it is just another love fest for Tony
Gross

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.