Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: October 21, 2008 01:37PM

I say yes to meeting in a public forum!!!!

Also, I just want to say that I was on the RLC website and I am angered at what I found. Please refer to the testimonies of the people from SOMA. They have a handful of testimonies of which the majority are from Katy Texas. Tom is quoted as saying that certain individuals are instrumental in the church plant. Hasn't it been at least a month since Katy broke off? How convenient that they haven't kept their website current. But more disturbing than that is the one testimony that goes on and on about Tony and his leadership ability without one mention of the Lord. How this individual's business is so succesful as a result of Tony and his teaching on strategic advance. Don't tell me Tony isn't aware of the Tony idolatry that goes on, this testimony is filled with it! Wasn't this school supposed to be about growing people in ministry? Anyone considering SOMA, consider spending your $9,000 on an accredited school and strive for a degree in business. It's a pretty sad day when you cannot distinguish between a religious (for a lack of a better word) school and a business school.

Continue praying for our brothers and sisters in Christ that the truth will set them free.

Karen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freejoy ()
Date: October 21, 2008 02:03PM

Although we never had a direct relationship with Tony we were still affected by the trickle down effect of his teaching. We still are effected by it since we still have friends who attend RLC, who have left RLC and my husband is employed by Matt Wanner (and proud of it!). It is discouraging to see men and women be blinded to the hurt that is happening to good people with good hearts and the division that has occurred to families from RLC. I think it is unfair to have all these meetings without these families present. They have a voice. Why aren't they being heard? Why does it not even matter to the elders who are put in place to protect them? Why are they turning against themselves? I know this has all been said before and will continue to be said until it is stopped. So, yes we would be a part of a public forum but I think Tony would not. It's called fear. I think putting the faces of the families who have been hurt, not just "you hurt my feelings", but real HURTS all in the same room would make it a reality for the leadership of RLC. Right now "we" are just people on the Rick Ross forum, bitter people in cyberspace, or whatever name Tony wants to label us with. If we are all in a room together, facing Tony, can the truth be denied? With my own eyes I cannot see how it can be.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 21, 2008 02:56PM

Free2bme
How convenient that they haven't kept their website current. .
Their website has never been current and is one of the many examples of not following through on things. Do you know how long they have had staff bios coming soon. Months and probably over a year. Now I bet they dare not put bios. Same pictures on there, nothing changing. Here is an idea why dont you put all the elders and their bios. I guess you cant do that because that situation is never stable because of the mess the elders and Tony have created. Whatever happenned to the big Apex Innovation website. Another bungled project. Same stories on their. you would think that they would have some more by now. I have seen many other church websites that actually provide useful information about the church, the leaders, and the ministries.

But more disturbing than that is the one testimony that goes on and on about Tony and his leadership ability without one mention of the Lord. How this individual's business is so succesful as a result of Tony and his teaching on strategic advance.

The SOMA testimonies are from genuine tony worshipers. I can tell you SOMA is only this great mystical thing to the young brats that have developed their cliques. They are young and longing for acceptance and a peer group they can identify with. They attend SOMA and are held captive by Tonys arrogance and bad teaching. The teaching in SOMA plays on their emotions. There are so many people wasting valuable time there. I have seen many kids in SOMA that cannot take care of any part of their lives. They believe they are so spiritual and godly yet relationships in their own family are strained, they change jobs every other week because it is not working out, and they change their living arrangements every other week because it is not working out. All the while they have no job and and if their parents arent bought in and picking up the tab they are amassing great debt to go to SOMA all in the name of God. They say I am godly but not responsible enough to pay my tuition. Something is wrong there. Even to the point of a situation where there was the issue of unpaid tuitions that came up. It seems there was a great schism between the young immatures who believed that their tuition should be forgiven versus some wiser and more godly people (only a couple i think which is a shame) who believed they should be accountable for their obligation and get a part time job or something to pay for it. The shocking thing is that the leadership in SOMA put it to them to decide their fate and they chose not paying it. That is how warped their sense of godliness is. It would make more sense to go out in the world and get some living and life sense and then do a bible school when you are more mature. SOMA had so many immature kids who had no clue about life and thought that SOMA was going to train them for everything.

Don't tell me Tony isn't aware of the Tony idolatry that goes on, this testimony is filled with it!

Tony is aware. It is not to hard to detect his arrogance. Remember, my brother in law came to church one day and the only thing he had to say after the service was that the pastor seemed arrogant. This was from an outsider who had never seen him before. The testimonies on there are from the people that worship SOMA and Tony. The one you are referring to is especially troublesome. Tony preys on those that are weak or have no confidence or self esteem.

I also want to finish by mentioning something about Tonys behaviour with women and girls. I have read several posts on here and have seen things that i thought were odd or inappropriate not only with Tony but with many of the leaders. I have spoken about some previously. It is always refreshing when you here something from someone you know is unbiased, on the outside, and has no stake such as what I mentioned about my brother in laws comments. Well the other day I was speaking to my father and telling him about the issues at RLC and especially with Pastor Tony. I mentioned about some inappropriate behavior that has been consistently observed with him and other women and girls. He told me "that is funny you mention that because your mom and I (before she passed away) saw him out at different restaraunts and places in Elk Grove and every time he was with a different woman". I asked him if it was always women and he said no that many times they were young girls. He also told me that it appeared strange and didnt look right. These comments were from a man who had no reason to say anything bad about Tony. I remembered having this conversation with my dad a while ago and just forgot. Now some may look at what I said and call it slander but it is a personal account of what someone saw and his perception of the situation. I do not think it is a godly behavior for a pastor to be out with different women in public all the time no matter what the circumstance is.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 21, 2008 03:25PM

“It is impossible to mention all of Tony’s qualities because he is in constant transformation. … He loves everybody and takes care of us in ways we can’t even understand. … Tony is one of my heroes and somebody whom I want to follow wherever he goes. I want to learn more and more and adopt his way of life, because it is almost similar to what Jesus wants us to live.” (Memo Olivares)

This was from an issue of Convergence a long time ago. Now Memo is a cool dude but young. This is a gross example of the distortion of the gospel and the idolatry that Tony has perpetuated. Yes I said that Tony has perpetuated because he has seen these things and not provided correction or humbled himself. He wants to be exalted. I really dont know about the part that he takes care of us in ways we cant even understand. Are his ways mysterious now. He did nothing for me. I saw the attitude mentioned above of I want to follow whereever he goes from many people. There was even one older lady (Ill give the youngens a break on this one) who disgustingly would often say I just want to sit at his feet. That is some sick dog dodo. Another example of how distorted the view of Tony is when it is said "I want to....... and adopt his way of life, because it is almost similar to what Jesus wants us to live. Cmon man. I dont see Tony walking barefoot out on Stockton blvd speaking to the poor and downtrodden. I dont see him giving up all of his things. I dont see him humbling himself. I believe he thinks he is Jesus and being persecuted through all of this. I do not mean to single out Memo in the above comment as Memo is a great kid and I liked him alot while I was there, but kid is the operative word and the comment is not just his he could have been saying it for many people. I saw this attitude played out again and again and often in front of Tony and nothing was done. Memo, I do not mean you any harm by posting this. I am using it more as an example as than an indictment against you alone. I hope you have matured and grown far enough away from this to focus on Christ and not Tony as well as for all the other people out there with this prevailing attitude. Why would you even let a comment in there without giving some godly counseling about the statement. Tony is a slick conman.

And I am for the public forum. I do not know if I have much to offer being on the outside looking in but I think it would be a great forum for all of us and especially those that were on the inside to address the issues biblically in public and make tony accountable for all of the wreckage and abuse.

Posted by: pray4them ()
Date: October 21, 2008 11:12PM

I think it is a great idea as far as a public forum goes. Had talked to my son Matt about this a couple of weeks ago. How do you go about letting the people who still attend RLC know that you are trying to arrange this? I also think is important to find out which biblical hoop Tony would like you to jump through to address all this crap. Tony if are reading this please let us know how you would like to be biblically approached so that that the people who have been hurt by you can enter into your presence and discuss in a healthy and biblical setting the wrongs they believe you are responsible for committing. Something that is biblical with biblical ground rules to keep the forum under control. I think it is time for Tony's flock to know that those of you who have been hurt are trying to arrange this. I personally would love to attend........Shane

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 21, 2008 11:23PM

Well, I was thinking, if we want to have everyone that was hurt by the practices and teachings of this church, we might need to see about renting out ARCO Arena. (j/k)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2008 11:43PM by Escapee07.

Date: October 22, 2008 01:05AM

I was reading in 1 Timothy 6 this morning for my personal study. I find this passage to be reflective of what is happening with RLC. I am including the commentary following the passage as I think it is helpful. Let me know what you think.

1 Timothy 6:3-16

3If anyone teaches false doctrines (i.e. Spiritual Parenting, Covering, Covenant Relationships) and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.
6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Paul's Charge to Timothy
11But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

Commentary (found on Biblegateway.com):

Paul first categorizes their ministry. As in 1:3, he charges them with, literally, "teaching different doctrine." False doctrines were determined on the basis of divergence from the approved teaching of the church. The remainder of verse 3 defines the approved canon or standard. Sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ is a reference to the gospel about Christ which Paul himself introduced. It produces soundness or spiritual health in those that receive it (see 1:10). The approved teaching is that which can be measured by "godliness" (the NIV godly teaching is too vague; compare Tit 1:2). The true gospel announces and produces a genuinely transformed lifestyle.Corrupt Behavior (6:4-5)

What characterized the opponents? First, verse 4 tells us they were conceited. They felt that they had special knowledge of God, better knowledge than the apostle had. In fact, they did not, and the arrogant air about them betrayed their unregenerate nature; gentleness, a quality of true spirituality in the Pastorals (6:11; 2 Tim 2:25; compare 2 Cor 10:1), was totally absent.

Second, they were ignorant. Paul's phrase (literally, "understanding or knowing nothing") recalls the tone of 1:7. These teachers were not simply misguided, they were totally ignorant. This was apparent as their doctrine was measured against the apostle's and as their conduct was measured against true godliness. Moreover, from the context it seems that this condition was a culpable one, for it came about as the result of decisions made about the apostolic gospel which they knew (compare 1:13).

Third, they took perverse pleasure in controversy and quarreling. (do they have glee and joy in "confronting" those who dare question their authority) This so marked their behavior that Paul describes them as "sick with" (having an unhealthy interest in) disputes. As this dangerous sickness spreads, it produces poisons that destroy relationships and church unity.

Paul lists several. Envy is a discontented thirst for advantage and position that breeds distrust. (Do they tell people "you can't trust those people, they are immature and rebellious)In Galatians 5:21 it stands in opposition to the joy and peace that the Spirit produces. Strife refers to an atmosphere of constant struggle. Malicious talk and evil suspicions, rumor-spreading and distrust, (do they speak negatively of others in front of groups saying things like "they have fallen away from God; they are rebellious;" or worse)are the offspring of envy and strife. This list closes in verse 5 with the graphic summary constant friction.

Ultimately, the disease spread by the heretics would result in a kind of spiritual mental illness. Paul makes the same connection in verse 5 between corrupt behavior and rejection of God that he did in Romans 1. There, rejection of the knowledge of God is seen to spawn a corrupt life (Rom 1:28-32). Here, the corrupt mind and being robbed of the truth amount to the same thing. The heretics could no longer apprehend God's truth because their mind, that organ of rational discernment, had been corrupted by false teaching (2 Tim 3:8; Tit 1:15).

It is little wonder, then, that missionaries of the cults are so resistant to the gospel and so easily angered in theological discussions. Corrupt minds and argumentative dispositions go hand in hand with opposition to the gospel.Financial Motives (6:5)

This poster caricature of the heretics concludes with the main point Paul wishes to develop. These false teachers were "selling" their teaching. People in that day were often suspicious of the motives of teachers of religion and philosophy. Paul apparently had to deal with similar allegations himself (1 Thess 2:5), and Christians were warned about peddlers of the gospel (Rom 16:17-18; 2 Pet 2:2; 1 Pet 5:2). Here godliness may refer to one of the errorists' own catchwords (see 2 Tim 3:5), their special knowledge of the divine (6:20). As they taught certain things that people wanted to hear (2 Tim 4:3) and offered initiation into an elite club, the false teachers discovered a lucrative business (compare Tit 1:11). In reality, this was the result of corrupted minds that had broken from the truth of the gospel.

As much as we would prefer to avoid this warning, we must not allow Paul's concentration on the motives of false teachers to deflect this word's relevance for those in Christian vocations today. While there is no easy rule to apply, we must constantly evaluate the influence of "financial packages" and "fee structures" on our motives, and be willing before the Lord to make radical adjustments.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: October 22, 2008 01:32AM

barely escaped
this is a message to all who post

i have a question. actually i have many. but for today only a couple. where do you currently go to church? do you like it and what specifically made you choose that church? do you serve at any capacity there? with regards to friends/family are things better and how? i am currently weighing my options and am looking for more than one response so i can try to make the most knowledgable decision. please help. thanks ahead of time for your input and time.

Barely Escaped;

When I first decided to leave I can tell you that a tremendous load had been lifted off of my shoulders. We started attending another church the following week. I strongly believe that though we were hurt, abandoning church was not an option. I do not believe you can get the heart beat of a church in just one visit. We spent the summer attending a couple of churches and the third one we visited we have called home for the past year plus. (I do not want to name churches as I do not want to seem like I am blasting and/or promoting a church. If you would like the names, PM and I will give you the information). All the churches we had visited were fine churches. Here are some things I looked for:

1. The Word of God is not maligned
2. Not an independent church but one that was attached to a denomination.
3. Accountability of leadership - and how this leadership is set up.
4. The Spirit of God moving
5. Genuinely nice people
6. The ability to ask questions without getting lambasted.
7. A healthy view of the Pastor

These are just a few of the things that I was looking for. I realize that there are no perfect churches but there are just some things that are non- negotiable. Since becoming a member of the fellowship I attend, my husband and I got involved with a Bible study group and have met some real nice people that we call friends. Regarding involvement in ministry; in my prayers I gave that to the Lord and said whatever it is God you want me to do, show me. God opened the door for me to participate in worship ministry again. I did not serve in any ministry for nearly a year after I left. I believe God wanted me to heal before opening up an oppotunity to serve in a ministry again. I have been gone for a year and a half; though I know God continues to mend my wounded heart there is a freedom that I have never felt before.

I hope this was helpful. If you would like further information, please PM me and I would be happy to help.

Your sister in Christ
Karen

Posted by: kevinreta ()
Date: October 22, 2008 01:42AM

I'm down to testify that he is a great false apostle, ...opps I'm mean that he sucks as a regular apostle,...

As time progresses and the Lord continues to deprogram my mind, I look back at all the foolish things I did to gain a man's approval and I think to myself,..."God thank u for my wife leaving me, thank u for a dark hard season, thank u that RLC saw that I was no longer needed and I could be tossed like a womans tamp. Becuase you saw how messed up I was and how I was hurting a lot of people, and you saw it fit to humble me and give me a great whoppin."
Yesterday day I was telling Bridget how greatful I am that she divorced me and what a Brave thing she did. If she woulnd't have left me I would still be stuck at an institution that don't really give a rip about me.
Just a lil note for some of yall. I served faithfully 7 years ( 5 years paid staff) @ RLCM I did everything for that organization, I even sold out my wife, children, and family and friends. I live 10 houses down from Tony and when I went through my "cruel summer" not one knock from the Apostle, not one one phone call from the Senior Pastor, what I got insted was many visitations from the Lord and visits from people who truley cared about me.

Thank you Daddy for pulling me out of Hell (Tony's stupid way of life) and restoring me back to your arms.

Thanks forum pals sharing your true feelings is courageous.

I'm down for a public meeting.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 22, 2008 05:36AM

kevinreta

Thanks forum pals sharing your true feelings is courageous.

I'm down for a public meeting.

Thank you Kevin for sharing how you feel as well...

AND thanks to ALL who have said that they would be down for a public meeting!!! I can't wait!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.