Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 23, 2008 07:19AM

Guess Who
While I agree with the thought process that repentance would yield a better result than a cover up, there is one problem.

To repent you have to actually recognize that there is something wrong. Paul explains this is Galatians. The law is how we know we need a savior.

Well, Tony is a narcissist. This said you can understand that the only possible course of action at this time would be for Tony to be removed from being a pastor and submit himself to therapy.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but good luck getting that done.

Yeah, I realize this. This is part of my frustration, why on earth is it so difficult to admit when you are wrong, or to even recognize it. I guess it is easy to think you are perfect when people kiss your feet all the time and tell you how wonderful and how close to being like God you are, or when you have intimidated people so much that they are to afraid to think for themselves.

I do believe the best thing that could happen to that church is for the leadership to be overthrown, and the Church of God send in new pastors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 23, 2008 07:21AM

Does anyone know exactly who the elders are right now and what their status is on the elder board or is this a big secret also? Can anyone help with this? And are there any left that are contrary to Tony and are pushing for major change or is all that is left are All the Kings Men?

Date: October 23, 2008 07:42AM

Escapee07

I guess it is easy to think you are perfect when people kiss your feet all the time and tell you how wonderful and how close to being like God you are.............[/i

“It is impossible to mention all of Tony’s qualities because he is in constant transformation. … He loves everybody and takes care of us in ways we can’t even understand. … Tony is one of my heroes and somebody whom I want to follow wherever he goes. I want to learn more and more and adopt his way of life, because it is almost similar to what Jesus wants us to live.”[/b] (Memo Olivares)

Escaped07.........note the quote above that was in convergence. That is what happens when you believe your pastor is almost like Jesus. If you are even saying that, you are programmed. To say that his life is how Jesus wants to live is blasphemous. I do not see him out going from place to place speaking to the poor, healing the sick, humbling himself before man. I posted this comment earlier not to single out the author but to say that these kind of comments are typical of many people at RLC. I heard crap like that all the time. That comment should not have even made it to print. The author should have received some serious counseling and teaching. I am not sure how Tony takes care of us or people there. And I am not sure how his ways are so mysterious. I would think that not focusing on Jesus and elevating your pastor to this status is antithical to everything Jesus was or preached.

Escaped07
I do believe the best thing that could happen to that church is for the leadership to be overthrown, and the Church of God send in new pastors.

Unfortunately, the situation at Radiant Life is just the kind of mess you have when there is no accountability. You basically have Tony and a handpicked group of elders that run the church. The elders change according to which way the wind is blowing. Or should I say as long as they are blowing in Tonys direction. You speak out or make a mistake and you are put on probation. You get reprimanded for speaking contrary to the status quo. What a great system. Like I said before bad system and bad man equals Tony having his way. I do not think it is healthy for a non-denominational church that already has limited checks and balances to be accountable only to the elders and not the church body also. The church body must be part of the process. Now this can be different in a church that has accountability to an organizational structure because their is a heirarchy in which issues can be elevated and generally the heirarchy protect the sheep and look to be objective. I can tell you that my fathers church leaders just met to vote on whether or not they were going to get rid of their pastor. The members of this church have a voice and have the option of elevating it to a diocese (not a catholic church). Anyway, it seems like RLC really went downhill fast when they became independent. Tony cannot operate in an environment where he does not have control.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2008 08:06AM by whatajoke.

Date: October 23, 2008 09:23AM

Escapee07

HEY I WAS WRONG!!! This is a PM I received from Ihavedecided(I don't know who they are) They were so kind as to bring my mistake to my attention. So I wanted to apologize for the mistake I made in saying the above quote. My mom was saying RLC is not affliated with COG anymore, so that would be like the Catholic Church sending in a priest. It doesn't make sense. Anyways the basic point I am trying to make is this: If that church has any hope of survival, it would be new leadership.

Church of God
To: Escapee07
Date: 10/22/2008 05:36PM

Hi,
Just for your own information. The Church of God is not set up to come into any church and fire the pastor. Each church is autonomous and is only connected to the local association as much as they want to be. My understanding is that the newest set of by-laws removes RLC from being connected with the Church of God. FYI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2008 09:26AM by Escapee07.

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: October 23, 2008 10:53AM

The RLC superliner has hit an iceburg and the ship is rapidly sinking, The captain seems to be in denial and is looking for someone else to blame, The Elders and Staff are dancing in the ballroom while the band continues to play...all the while the ice, cold water is filling up the ship ever so swiftly and the lifeboats are filling up so fast people are not waiting to jump ship...

After walking through the presidential like security check sign in tables and being greeted by elders; the shepherd all but dared all those in attendance at the so called "business meeting" to leave! All those who had stated they were waiting to see what action was going to be taken that night to decide if they were going to leave or not. Then all of the elders joined the shepherd or should I say hired hand, on the platform to join in a show of solidarity and support... well, they have chosen and they have decided.

It is time to shake the dust off and journey away. My family will no doubt be villified, again, along with all of the others here or who have left and be forsaken and forgotten by them... so be it.

We will move on, we will live, we will love, we will grow, we will laugh, we will learn and with God's help we will all heal.

Date: October 23, 2008 11:41AM

I have a question. There has been mention on here about all the real estate dealings of Tony. I have not thought much about this in the past but recently spent some time searching county assessor public tax records and title records. I was astonished at the amount of transactions involving Tony and other church members. Does anyone know what exactly was going on. I know the Rio Cavodo or whatever spelling house was owned by him and sold, What is up with all that, is it above board,a and if it is then is it moral and ethical.

I have to say Worship Big that your account of the bullshit meeting is great. We all know that the elders are as slimy as Tony. I bet Tony even controlled the meeting. The elders are inept business and administrative people in addition to being morally bankrupt. Geesh. I just hope people saw it for what it is. Isn't it funny that just a couple years ago there was so much boasting about how big the church had grown in such a short time and how blessed they were. Also all the boasting about the numbers saved in the sanctuary and the parks. Tony used all of that for his own marketing and purposes. Whatajoke!!!!! I guess you know how I came up ith my screenname now. It was in response to all the bs from Tony, the elders, and leaders and those popping off at the time on here trying to illegitamize peoples experiences and observations.

Date: October 23, 2008 11:46AM

Again, who was on the podium and who are all the king men now????

Radiant Life has truly become a cult because they will never have any credibility in the area among the other churches and people. There will always be a lighthouse out to warn people of the destructiveness. They will be left with their own little club and God will be unleashing his wrath in his timing. Maybe you should change your name to the Secret Society of Radiant Life starring the Grand and Almighty Tony with his cast of Vegetables (elders).

Date: October 23, 2008 01:19PM

whatajoke
... Maybe you should change your name to the Secret Society of Radiant Life starring the Grand and Almighty Tony with his cast of Vegetables (elders).

With some Kool-aid at the refreshment table.

JUST SAY NO!

Posted by: pray4them ()
Date: October 23, 2008 02:13PM

A very interesting day full of twists and turns that the Lord arranged. By chance I happened to be at a friends home who had done repairs to Tony's harley. As my friend was explaining what he had done I walked out and and was introduced to Tony.My friend knew nothing about the mess at RLC and I made a choice not to talk about it. When motorcycle business was complete I asked my friend if he would allow me and Tony some personal time to discuss something. I am not going to go into great detail about our conversation except to say that I was honest about my opinions and observations of those things that I have seen and heard. My opinion is the same as those that I have expressed in previous posts. Tony as you read this I am shocked at your response to knowing how deeply your teaching has wounded Gods children and what appears to be a real lack of concern for what has happened to these people God placed in your care. I am now even more convinced that what stood before was not a man with a pastors heart. Your words are eliquint but lack any depth. You are quite skilled in the art of conversation. To those who are reading this Tony promised that he would call me within a few days in regards to a meeting with me and my family. I explained that we could resolve whos lying because it is either Matt, Sarah or Tony. Suggested to him that if he was truly a shepard he would do whatever he could to bring healing to those he has injured as a result of his teaching.I looked into the eyes of a man who does not care who he has injured. Tony I hope you read this next section very carefully for it is another part of the twists and turns of the day. Last sunday my pastor asked me if I had seen a man who fellowships at our church.Was concerned that he had not seen him in a few weeks. Tonite after our midweek study he told me that he got up monday morning and called to see if everything was okay with this friend. The person explained that he and his wife were fellowshipping at another church. My pastor said that was good but was not convinced that this gentleman had not been offended in some way.He was not able to put it to rest until he had a man to man talk and found out that our friend had been discouraged by something that happened. The point here is that he was concerned that someone was missing. He noticed they were missing and went to look for them.Having found them he procided to see if he could help them.THE HEART OF A PASTOR!! I am the only person he mentioned this too. He did it because his heart was troubled that something might be wrong. The shepard could not relax until he was sure that one of his flock was okay. Every step you take Tony reveals where your heart is towards those people you have hurt. Please explain why you dont go look for them. Please explain why you dont lay your life down for them. Please just do something Godly except stand behind a pulpit reading from a bible. Let us see the heart of Christ revealed in your actions towards the wounded. Do something we can respect considering all the harm you have caused. Do something that requires true sacrifice on your part. Its time to man up Tony and show us what your heart is really made of....Expecting a phone call as you promised so we can continue our work towards healing and reconcilliation.. Sincerly, Shane Tiller

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: October 23, 2008 10:34PM

Escapee07
whatajoke
... Maybe you should change your name to the Secret Society of Radiant Life starring the Grand and Almighty Tony with his cast of Vegetables (elders).

With some Kool-aid at the refreshment table.

JUST SAY NO!

Sorry for my crazy humor at times... but KOOL AID is for us Ghetto folks... I actually think it would be POISONOUS Iced Americanos since Jim Jones (oops... I mean Tony C.) is running the whole Mickey Mouse operation!!!

Great Posts and replies people!!!

What's up Marc? Thanks Bro... You REAL! And I always respect you for that Bro... Love you Dude!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.