Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: longtimer60 ()
Date: October 25, 2008 05:32PM

Did Dale and his worship leader Seth attend SOMA? Is this the only training they have received? Is this church considered a church plant in Coos Bay, Oregon? They state they are affiliated with Tony Cunningham., as well as another church in Coos Bay, Oregon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 26, 2008 12:16AM

thanks Longtimer60 for joining and adding yor insight to all that has occured at Radiant Life.

I have to say that Tony has mastered the art of double speak. he has been approched and talked to by so many people aabout the devistation his teachings have caused so many people. Now for Tony to say that none of us have properly brought our concerns to the Elders or to Tony is BS! No this is a coward of a man hiding behind the elders. Tony why don't you unzip your pants and reach down and make sure you are still a man!

I was looking at some old notes I took from Tonys Discipleship Training and I just realized there is a pattern to how Tony takes a true statement and slides in his false teaching. much like the serpant did in the garden
"DTS October 24, 2003
Tony taught
"Be exposed"
He said: "we have the tendancy to hide behind our hang ups we have junk in our trunk. This is the stuff that holds us behind inthe spiritual realm."
now Tony if you said that then why don't you have the manhood to welcome a public meeting?
but see here is where you slip in your false teaching Tony you also said:
"endure hardship even when you have been use or abused or taken advantage of even by fellow belevers. Considder this; the hardship you are going through could be from God and it is for the development of your charicter. Is your character like Christ?"
the hardship comes from people like you that dilibertly takes advantage of people you welcome the Tony Worship because it feed your ego.

being a Christian is living for Christ! where did Jesus ever take advantage of any one beliver or not? so Tont how can you make such a reckless statement?
Dude you are not a teacher but a manipulater you basterdize Gods word!!!

I just find it so interesting that all the things Tony ever preeched against Tony has become!

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: October 26, 2008 01:33AM

I wonder as I wander...

I wonder if the reason the Elders are so easily swayed back to the side of the hired hand is that the the elders are "in bed" with him on so many different levels...

I wonder if the Elders are afraid of him because the hired hand has threatened to take them down with him...

I wonder if the Elders who were "understanding" of the hurt and saw a glimpse of the hurt in the weeks leading up to the business meeting were reeled back in by the threat of the hired hand securing a labor lawyer...

I wonder how it is that hundreds of sheep can go missing from under the "watchful eyes" of a supposed "shepherd" and the church "fathers" over a 10 year span without folks being called into account.

I wonder how an aleged celebrated leader of this guy's stature can continue to dodge, evade and run from the truth all the while making it everyone elses fault...

I wonder how long it will be before the hired hand realizes he is not leading anyone, but rather is just out for a walk...

Date: October 26, 2008 12:51PM

I found these questions to be helpful in evaluating whether to stay in an unhealthy church and fight for change or to leave that church and seek a new place place to worship. I hope they are helpful to any who are reading these posts and struggling with staying or leaving their church.

Fight Or Flight? When Should A Person Leave A Church?

Leaving a church is not something that should be done carelessly or lightly. Disagreements over petty matters of preference are not a sound reason for leaving a sound Bible-based church. Unfortunately, spiritual abuse can occur in the context of a doctrinally sound, conservative, Bible-preaching church. Sometimes it is sometimes necessary to leave a church for conscience sake or from a duty to obey God rather than men.

When a person finds herself/himself in a spiritually abusive situation, two alternatives present themselves. Do I leave to find another home church? Or should I remain to press for reforms and wait for a change of policy?

These questions should help you to decide whether you are the victim spiritual abuse and whether to flee or fight:

Does the leadership permit individual differences of opinion based on the principle of “in essentials unity; in non-essentials liberty; in all things love”?

Is there room for individuality or is conformity a priority?

Is the pastor defensive, above criticism, dictatorial, and authoritarian? Does he demand unquestioned obedience?

Does the ministry stress performance (attendance at meetings, enforced giving such as compulsory tithes, doing jobs at church, obeying church rules) rather than a personal relationship with God through Christ? Is what you do valued more than who you are in Christ?

Are you living by grace and by faith in the finished work of Christ or are you trying too hard to live up to the unrealistic expectations of others, especially the leaders? Is your salvation based on Christ’s grace alone or on your own efforts to please others?

Do you feel manipulated or intimidated or dominated by an intolerant legalistic ministry? Are you made to feel inadequate and guilty if you do not conform to peer pressure?

Are members classified as first-class or second-class depending on their outward behaviour and external performance? Is your level of service overwhelming? Does your busy schedule leave little room for non-church activities?

Does the preaching genuinely exalt the person and work of Jesus Christ or is there a cult of personality based on the leader who exalts himself above the congregation?

Does the leader have an attitude of spiritual superiority and make special claims about himself?

Does the leader define the “truth”?

How financially self-supporting is the leadership?

Is the leader becoming wealthy at the expense of the congregation? Are there regular financial disclosures?

How accountable is the leadership to the congregation and to an outside or objective point of reference? A leader who claims to be accountable only to God is a person out of control who does as he pleases.

Does the church have written or unwritten man-made rules that unscripturally govern your life? For example, are you free to fellowship with Christians from other churches? Are you expected to marry within this particular church? How are you expected to spend Sundays?

Does the church often co-operate with other churches in a united witness and frequently invite outside speakers? Or does it claim to be a special church superior to other fellowships? Is there an “Us” versus “Them” mentality?

What is the attitude of the church toward its ex-members? Does it love them, or does it verbally execute them and discourage fellowship with them?
Is the discipline of members exercised in a loving Christ-like manner with a view to restoration and reconciliation? Or is the discipline negative and punitive?

Suppose you had recently begun attending this church. Knowing what you now know about it, would you stay? Would you bring another person to this church to make it their church home?

Can you (and your family) remain in this church and stay spiritually healthy?

Is the church seriously out of step with the NT pattern for servant leadership and community of fellowship ?

If your answer to many of these questions is disappointing and unsatisfactory, then you must ask yourself, “Why am I staying here?”

Be honest with yourself and avoid denial. God values your honesty. You will certainly experience spiritual and emotional pain as you seek to break free from unbiblical psychological control. The author suggests from his own painful experience of escape from this type of legalistic situation that you seek trustworthy counsel from outside your church to clarify your position before God.

Date: October 26, 2008 02:16PM

longtimer60
Did Dale and his worship leader Seth attend SOMA? Is this the only training they have received? Is this church considered a church plant in Coos Bay, Oregon? They state they are affiliated with Tony Cunningham., as well as another church in Coos Bay, Oregon.

I live in Coos Bay and attend the church where Tony used to pastor. I was there when Dale, Seth and a group of other people left. When they came back to start a church I wondered if they were affiliated with RLC. According to the link above I would say yes. I don't know for sure, so I don't want to start any rumors, but I think Dale and Seth both attended SOMA. Don't know if they had any other training.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 26, 2008 11:07PM

whatajoke
FYI.........check the website below.........as churches disassociate new ones come on board.

Life Change Church? Sure does sound alot like the RLC jargon of Life Change Today? Herring has affirmed their partnership with Tony on the website. I wonder if the unsuspecting people there have any idea what has gone on and who they are in partnership with. I wonder if partnership is a veiled word for "under authority".

[www.lifechangechurch.info]

searchingforanswers.................you are right by much of what you say.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 27, 2008 12:02PM

Yeah this is really weird…
Both Dale and Seth have both been witness to the devastation down here in Sacramento. What happened to them, that they would turn there backs on all there friends who have been hurt by Tony’s teachings and move back up to Oregon and set up a new camp there?
I have personally sent both Dale & Seth an email with specific questions regarding there association with Tony Cunningham and Radiant Life Church 3 days ago and I have not received any kind of reply.
Hmm….What are they hiding?

Why can’t they be open and honest?

What are there motives?

What they are teaching?

How can the pose to be different, when they are connected to Tony?

The continuing saga of the Deception continues………

How can Dale be a Pastor what are his qualifications?

How is he licensed? or did he send in $19.95 to the Unitarian Church?

If Dale is associated with Tony and Radiant Life then that comes with all the baggage ....i.e. Spiritual Covering, Spiritual Parenting, Covenant Relationships, oh and Tony’s spiritual Concubine of Spiritual Daughters and his book of false teachings “the moment of becoming” and what ever else he is working on printing. You can not ride the fence picking and choosing what you will teach...when you embrace a person and there belief system the stuff that you may not agree with will eventually leak out.

It would appear that Tony is trying to establish his own brand of religious denomination. Kind of like Oral Roberts or Jimmy Swagart the Christian Scientists, the Mormons or Jehovah Witness. I believe that Tony has that Yuppie mentality of making it big on the backs of others buying name brand items and living a flamboyant life style. He continues to be devoid of any remorse or sorrow that his teachings have caused. And do not believe his latest charade that he has never heard any of these accusations or complaints about his teachings. Do I need to remind you sycophants and Tony Worshipers, I went to the deaf ears of Greg Huth and other Elders 4 years ago, after being ignored and encourage to embrace this new teaching from the “Man of God” I went to Tony and he would not hear of it, denying all that I was asking about! Then I started writing letters placing them on his special chair in the church so I would know that he got my letters. He even called me on a Sunday afternoon incensed that I would give him a letter questioning his teachings and calling specific Elders Sycophants. He even tried to insult me by asking me if I knew what the word Sycophant meant? What an arrogant and self righteous posture to take when you’re the Sheppard of the church and there is a problem you need to care for the sheep not cover up and hide.

Over the past 8 years there have been over 500 families that have been part of this church that have left this church! This is a monumental statistic of a very unhealthy church! This church at one time had such an open door ahead of them but there leader has apparently has gone sideways. Yes, some where along the path Tony has lost his way.
The dog & pony show that he puts on each Sunday is his preaching “the gospel according Tony Cunningham,” it is like a Judas kiss

All I can say is if you’re employed at Radiant Life you should start looking for another line of work.

If you’re still trying to pretend that everything is OK then why does the supposed “Man of God” have such a long list of victims from his teachings?
Hmmmm?

Date: October 27, 2008 12:32PM

In case there is any confusion Tony, the word is very appropriate especially in regards to the elders.

Sycophant
Noun
1. A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage.

But what do you care when you just blame everyone for behaving in that way while you promote it in your teachings and actions. "I.........have.............no..........idea.........what...........you.........are............talking.........about.............
signed Tony, Dale, and the elders.

Date: October 27, 2008 12:39PM

you gotta know that all of those people originally left oregon to follow tony and not god. god is everywhere, they could have had no problem following god in coos bay.

Date: October 27, 2008 12:52PM

whatajoke
you gotta know that all of those people originally left oregon to follow tony and not god. god is everywhere, they could have had no problem following god in coos bay.

Sadly, I think you are right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.