Date: May 19, 2024 01:57PM

Religion is an escape for too many idiots

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Date: June 01, 2024 10:13PM

Maryjane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Religion is an escape for too many idiots

Nothing wrong with religion. Believe what you want. The problem is with the abuse. Ole Nydahl is an abuser.

Posted by: Maryjane ()
Date: June 03, 2024 03:29AM

One of the things I cannot stand in Ole Nydahls DWB is how he made below mediocre beings proud and thinking like they holding kilos of pure gold in their pockets, when in reality they havent learned anything at all about buddhism nor meditation, nor do they have any clue how the path to realization works.

Pride should not be boosted on bot like minds, ever. Such way will ruin buddhism for the people who have some realization and would wish to work on such field.

No-one wants to see a donkey start brassing how fast they can go in a stable of fine horses.

Posted by: Maryjane ()
Date: June 05, 2024 05:08PM

Ole & Hannah Nydahl were "librarian" practitioners who could not add anything at all to begin with to the lineage. This might contrary many peoples opinion on Ole but thats the truth, like many times before even in "highly realized" kagyu practitioners like Marpa - he was a librarian too!

Posted by: Eternauta ()
Date: June 23, 2024 10:28PM

hello! I am from a country in South America. I was a Diamond Way practitioner for 7 years.
From 2014 to 2021. That is to say, when I met Lama Ole, he was already over 70 years old.
I always knew that there were "detractors" on the web and that's why we didn't have to upload photos or videos to the networks.
In 2021, due to personal reasons, I left the Buddhist center, with a lot of pain because that was my place of refuge.
Time passed and seeing reports about cults, I began to notice that Diamond Road had many similarities with other schools that I considered cults. However, my trust in Ole was stronger so it was difficult for me to admit it. I'm still in that process.
I decided to look for more information and found this forum again, which I had previously overlooked because I believed that those who commented here did so out of resentment or "ignorance."
Reading your comments I was able to finish taking off the blindfold.
As I told you, when I met Ole, he was no longer the young man that you knew, and throughout the year I was able to see him a few times since he does not come to this part of the world that often, which is why 80% of what I I know about him because of what his oldest students told us.
However, it was easy to trust, what harm could this old man do to the world? If he does nothing but dedicate himself to helping others!
Reading the comments on this forum allowed me to review the many situations in which we heard him say meaningless things, ensuring that they were genius.
I realized that the Sangha never does anything really useful for other beings. They will only convince themselves that they do it.
I understood that there is no such friendship, nor are we a family. You only belong if you don't question.
I reviewed the meditations and I could see that they are a head wash.
I realize that despite feeling that all this was a waste of time, I have been quite fortunate to never see Ole as a man nor that I have been “chosen” to accompany him on his travels, being much younger, I always did. I saw him as a father or grandfather, but I saw young and beautiful women who I dare to suspect would never have slept with him if he were not a “lama.” And I think that despite seeing him as someone very old, my confidence was so great that if he had invited me, I would have said yes. Just by trusting him.
When I traveled to Karma Guen for the first time, I found a hostile environment quite different from what I thought I was going to see. Pretty rude people and I didn't understand why Ole or Karmapa didn't do anything about it. Now I realize that all this is nothing more than a big deal for all of them.

I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences to this day. They have been very useful to me.

Posted by: 7 of 108 ()
Date: July 01, 2024 03:30PM

How can I trust the 16th Karmapa if he sends somebody like Mister Nydahl as a teacher to us? Ho can it be that he knows his future rebirth but does not check who should be a teacher and who not? I read something similar about Dilgo Kyentse and the guy who was the head of his western organisation. Thinking about Sogyal….
What is this all about?.. what is their „ enlightenment“, what do they make us believe?

Are they bringing something good to us or are we and our lives simply used to help establish their organisations here, as they are refugees?

Why should I meditate on the 16th Karmapa when I never met him and have absolutely no own impression of him? Why should I „buy“ something from Ole Nydahl? I did never really trust him. What do I get? His strongest drug flashback? I used the meditations for years and see absolutely no improvement in my life. All my friends who simply lived their lives without buddhism are in better positions than me. Did I just waste my lifetime?

Why do I have to travel all the time to meet the teachers? - that does not allow me to have a fullfilling private life.

Being a buddhist has made me so lonely. I do not belong to my old friends anymore.
When I am with them , I feel separate, because I have to aimt to something beyond this life.

When I started I thought I have found something profound good and honest- now not only years but decades later I find myself in heavy confusion. It brought so much stress into my life and left me overwhelmed and also so helpless.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2024 03:47PM by 7 of 108.

Date: July 01, 2024 08:41PM

I am not a loser, I went through extreme experiences.I dared a lot, I lost a lot. You are very hurting with your careless words, Mary Jane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2024 08:43PM by 7 of 108.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 01, 2024 11:58PM

I have reported these not-helpful posts to the owner of the CEI message board.

Posted by: letif ()
Date: July 02, 2024 12:00AM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have reported these not-helpful posts to the
> owner of the CEI message board.

thanks

7 of 108

your word touch me, you write very good deep points. I understand your confusion and i feel the same...
thanks for your words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2024 12:16AM by letif.

Date: July 02, 2024 12:47AM

Thanks a lot to you both- thanks corboy so much!

Current Page: 198 of 201

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.