Current Page: 45 of 858
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: September 16, 2006 11:44AM

whitemoon

How will chanting raise me out of this earthly hell? I truly do not think that God, counts his subjects by the number of rounds that they do everyday? Chant your way to Paradise, I dont think so ....

Chanting 16 rounds for the average working Joe can become quite a chore... Try working a physical job for 8 hours a day, a couple of hours traveling time, an hour for lunch... at the end of the day the working Joe is liable to lounge in the chair and doze off to sleep while chanting his rounds! (been there - done that)... So it seems like the class system continues on in the spiritual world as well...

I was once told that the spiritual master's eternal identity in the spiritual world is as a gopi (cowherd girl), whereas a shmuck like myself is probably lucky to be an eternal blade of grass in the spiritual world...

Seems like the guru gets to trod on us not only in this life but also for eternity in the next life!

:evil:

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2006 11:52AM

devadasi

When making money and politics become the priority, something has gone afoul.

THIS REALLY DOES SEEM TO BE THE CASE.

From what I gleaned over the internet, many individuals donated money (LOTS of money*) to Mike G's political campaign last year.

And considering that Mike did not win the election, one can only assume that all that money, work, time, and energy was just WASTED...

:idea: They could have used that money more wisely i.e. paying the poor NONI woofers who put in some 22-hour days!

* HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS - and that's American dollars - not Polish Zloty!

:arrow:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2006 11:59AM

privateye
These are some interesting letters from the President of the Science of Identity Foundation.

Saturday, January 31, 2004

"Case's slick brochure was a waste of money"

I went out to my mailbox recently and found a slick brochure from Congressman Ed Case. I wonder why I and my other taxpaying brethren need to pay for this junk mail.

It must have cost at least $50,000 in tax dollars for Case to send this brochure to all his constituents. This money could have been used to house the homeless, fight the "ice" epidemic or fix the potholes in our roads. But instead our tax dollars are basically being flushed down the toilet to make Ed Case look like he's a saint.

Jeannie Bishop
Kailua

Whooops, Jeannie, the same argument could be used against Mr. Butler as well... i.e. the 50,000 spent on private jets could have been used to house the homeless or feed the dumpster divers ... :!:

:?:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: devadasi ()
Date: September 16, 2006 07:43PM

Rama Das (slave name)
It is funny, though.

I find it so interesting to actually listen to what he says, it is such a shame that his message will never reach those who would truly appreciate it. Like a museum exhibit, I think it is truly educational... at least infinitely amusing.

Anyone out there got any lectures laying around? Please, digitize them and throw them up on youtube or google video. I'm tellin' ya, it's good.
:D

That is a great idea. What about pictures? I could not find even one on the internet. Lots of pictures of Chris would be great so everyone could at least know what the guru of the whole world looks like.

Yea put everything on the internet so it cannot be changed behind closed doors in the future.

Chris always seems to be changing his truth. He started out as a liberal dove, now his men are conservative hawks bashing everyone from the third gender to Ed Case. The internet is a permanent record out of Chris Butlers control. The perfect place to record the history of Jagad Guru.

Some of the videos of Mike Gabbard with Chris would be terrific.

Anyone have pictures of Mike when he was the head-master at Chris's boys school in Samoa? Please get them on the internet!!!

I can understand now why Chris pulled everything from the web.

When I was around there were two kinds of lecture tapes, those for the general public and 'in house' tapes, only for Chris's followers. Those 'in house' lectures really show Chris's true colors.

Jagad Guru's absolute truth should be heard!!! Why not?? If it is so true why should he hide what he has said?????????????????????

If anyone has any of those tapes please put them on the internet some where. Anyone who wants to know what Chris is all about should hear some of the 'in house' tapes and get enlightened.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2006 07:55PM

just-googling
Worried

...The kids do live with me for that i am thankful so at least they are not exposed to it 24/7 so i can keep them level headed but it is still a worry to have them exposed to it at all.....In small doses do you think this would be harmful???

In small doses, things will probably work out okay ... it sounds like you have full custody ... don't worry!!!

If your kids are not attracted to Krishna Con. I would not worry about anyone from Chris's group kidnapping them or force, brainwashing them. They are not the type to force anything on anyone. You have to be on the inside for that kind of stuff. You have to submit to it. Usually they do not like outside kids associating with group kids. I remember at one point Chris did not want any kids going to his school who had already been watching T.V. or regularly going to movies. He was afraid they would pollute the other kids. He was very strict about who was allowed in his schools. So I do not think you have much to worry about.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 17, 2006 03:41PM

Hey, Devadasi, thanks a lot for that link, I seriously would never believe it was even close to being that bad.

The most compelling evidence is usually straight from the horses mouth.

And to Worried, I think if you just support your children in thinking for themselves and not needing to isolate them from anything, they will be much more capable, balanced and aware people.

I think a little real maturity goes a long way. it is not the product of age, but fully utilized experience. Fear really kills it.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Worried ()
Date: September 17, 2006 08:51PM

for those interested the Veggie Chip company run by the australian chris buttler followers is latitude 28.151 long 153.43 on google earth

which you can download from google and view there compounds
world wide

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 17, 2006 09:20PM

Thanks Devadasi for the link to the Mike Gabbard website. Did you all notice that Tulsi Dasi is the only woman among the group of 30 soldiers or so in those pictures? (Is this some Vaisnava tradition of sending young women off to war that I don't know about?)....

Yep, Siddha's followers are a real TUFF bunch - none of this wishy washy Buddhist world peace impersonalist rubbish....

Well this must be the last straw for even the most faithful of siddha's followers. How far are they going to take this "for Krishna" philosophy now? I mean it was stretching things already with Siddha spending obscene amounts of money for his extravagant lifestyle - for Krishna, of course. But now young women going to war FOR KRISHNA???

:?

REGARDING THE VIDEO TAPES: I do have some of the old video lecture tapes but unfortunately I do not have any of the "beach series" - the ones that were not allowed to be shown to the general public... I also do not have the equipment to digitize them...

There is one lecture tape that I would like to comment on though, and this is the tape that was discussed at the beginning of this forum. This is the lecture where Siddha criticizes the Christian's view of God - how GOD is depicted as a mean old man who throws people into eternal fire for not surrendering to Jesus, etc.

Siddha does make some valid points about these fanatical Christian types... HOWEVER the same arguments could be used against his own beliefs as well. What I am talking about here is the SRIMAD-BHAGAVATAM (fifth Canto I think), where the different kinds of "hellish planets" are being described.

Now I do not want to offend the Vaisnava religion or A.C. Bhaktivedanta and his band of merry men, but they do have some pretty scary pictures in this Bhagavatam book that does somewhat resemble what Siddha was making fun of in his lecture...

Namely, they show the punishment for those engaging in "illicit sex" and they have a picture of a man CHATTING with a woman on the beach - the next picture shows the punishment for this - the man is tied to some massive grindstones and some DEVILS are turning the handles of this mechanism to grind the poor fellah's body to pieces!!!!

Now I wonder if Siddha's father had not chatted to Siddha's mother on the beach all those years ago....

:lol:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 18, 2006 07:41AM

I am not trying to preach here, just give some balance.

I never heard of sending women off to war in the Vaishnava tradition. There is no such case in the hundreds of books written on the history of the Vaishnava religion. By Vedic law women and children are never to be killed in war and no Vaisnava women would want to cultivate the mentality of a warrior or soldier and go about killing people, even if they deserved it. Certainly the war in Iraq would not qualify for even a man Vaishnava warrior as being a credible war. I know there are some devotees of Krishna fighting in Iraq now. I believe they have been deluded by the mass media and come under the influence of illusion just as our Tulasi dasi has.

I do remember reading in the Bhagavatam about Drupadi, who had five children who were murdered in their sleep by the enemies of Krishna. When some of the warriors wanted to kill the person who committed the crime, Drupadi, being of saintly qualities, thought of the mother of the killer and how she would suffer at the death of her son. She objected to killing even those who killed her five children. That is the mentality of a women Vaishnava.

Concerning hell, I agree Chris's argument does not hold much weight. The only real difference is in the Old Testament the God there is depicted as being full of revenge and seems to like punishing us poor humans and the hell taught by the Christians is an eternal one, which does not really add up. 100 years of sin does not equal eternity in hell. I think God is a better at math than that, whereas Krishna takes no part in such punishment but allows us to get into trouble if we like and the reactions to our own activity is never eternal, it is temporary. It is also said sometimes scripture is exaggerated, the depiction of hell is to keep the ignorant in line. I do not take those depictions in the Srimad Bhagavatam literally.

I believe those pictures in the Bhagavatam are indeed meant to scare the kind of people who are motivated by fear and not love.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 18, 2006 07:29PM

Rama Das (slave name)

Chris Butler, if you are reading, please just take it back to the old school...
Get those booklets back out there, get back on the road spreading the message... maybee a new album or two?

GOOD THINKING!

The new album could be called:

SIDDHA: A GENTLE FARCE[/size:675b3346b9]

Track 1: I'm the King of the Castle - you're the dirty rascals.

Track 2: Surfing Transcendental Waves (SUCKERS!)

:lol: :D :lol:

Current Page: 45 of 858

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.