:lol:

This is how Siddha's followers pray when they go into a Catholic church:

Hail Takahini, full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee
blessed are thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb:
Chibby, Chubby, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy, Mick and Titch
Holy Tahini! Mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen, errr HARIBOL!!!

PRIEST: Haribol! Hail Mary! Hale Bop!

CONGREGATION: Hail Bush! Hail the Big Bopper! HEIL BUTLER!

:lol: just giggling

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: September 11, 2006 01:11AM

bogus_hunter
So, given your exposure to this spirituality that Chris Butler
interpreted and proffered; now that you all are out from under
that influence, what is your current spiritual inspiration?

Some I understand have gone back to their original faith
(such as Judaism). Are many of you still devotees of Krishna?
Have you a different view, more like a mosaic of various
belief systems?

Some have stayed with the Vaisnava tradition... some have gone back to their Christian roots etc. ... some have become agnostics, but it's not easy to reject ideas that you believed in for some 20 or 30 years or so. Some of the things that Siddha teaches actually do make some sense about not being the material body and reincarnation, etc...

But as soon as God enters the picture and such statements as "God can do anything" we run into a few problems, don't we... The theology invariably ends up as the notion of "FREE WILL" but ....

WHAT PARENTS WOULD WILLINGLY LET THEIR CHILD RUN OVER THE EDGE OF A CLIFF FOR THE SAKE OF GIVING HIM HIS "FREE WILL" or "TO TEACH THEM A LESSON" ???? :?: :?: :?:

:?: [/size:b0f12d2f7a]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 11, 2006 01:18AM

Rama Das (slave name)

I imagine just saying what I have could result in definately not being welcome, but I guess that speaks volumes about the mindset that you have to live with to con-siddha (australian for consider) yourself as being serious enough about it all.

I know how it would go down, someone who is assigned to watch this board will take note and pass the word along that I am a threat to security, my parents would probably be notified and anyone else who should know would hear about it, but what will they hear?

"Rama has been very offensive, he is saying things he should'nt"
And that would definately be the extent of the detail, they will have a scared reaction to follow whatever order says to not associate with me and maybee I would'nt be welcome to visit my brother or my friends in Australia.
And I gaurantee that nobody would actually read what I said.

This is somewhat similar to what happened in China after the Tianamen Square massacre... Anybody who said anything against the government was likely to get arrested and thrown in jail / tortured / or even executed (?)...

Personally, I see nothing wrong with questioning Christ Butler's expensive and extravagant lifestyle, while at the same time preaching "simple living"

:shock:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Worried ()
Date: September 13, 2006 02:52PM

Hi was just wanting the opinion of someone who has had anything to with chris butler aka jagad guru.......If your children were exposed to his teachings through an ex partner what would you do????
As in they get a normal life and then when visiting the ex they get there other life Jagad style basically...
Hard situation as in one of the parents are part of this and the other isnt......
Any ideas....

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: September 14, 2006 09:06AM

Worried
Hi was just wanting the opinion of someone who has had anything to with chris butler aka jagad guru.......If your children were exposed to his teachings through an ex partner what would you do????
As in they get a normal life and then when visiting the ex they get there other life Jagad style basically...
Hard situation as in one of the parents are part of this and the other isnt......
Any ideas....

I wouldn't be wishy washy on this one. I'd get a good lawyer and secure full, physical custody of my child with total parental rights and only allow monitored and limited visitation with the guru-follower ex until the child was 18. Even better -- if possible, leave the state or country to avoid exposure. PERIOD.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 14, 2006 09:45AM

Thanks for that...this situation has been going on for about 4 years now and i have let it go due to being partly brainwashed about it all myself until i came accross this forum and read up on what chris butler is really like.My thoughts on the whole thing have changed as of finding out this information.
Do you know from personal expereince what the whole scene over there is about???

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: September 14, 2006 08:58PM

Worried
Thanks for that...this situation has been going on for about 4 years now and i have let it go due to being partly brainwashed about it all myself until i came accross this forum and read up on what chris butler is really like.My thoughts on the whole thing have changed as of finding out this information.
Do you know from personal expereince what the whole scene over there is about???

Yes, I was seriously involved and initiated into this group for over 10 years, as was just-googling, deva-dasi, sunglider, initiate, shanti and several others on this forum. We are not kidding or making this stuff up. Most of us have been out of the loop for many years and one would hope things would improve, but they only seem to have gone from idealistic to paranoid to worse. But I do not have any recent, first hand experience. Rama das - slave name - has some interesting comments, having grown up in the group.

Just the fact that it is so hard to get any information or direct contact with Jagged Gooroo Prabhufraud should speak volumes to you. Try investigating and see where it gets you?! A rudimentary perusal of their philosophy should also show you many red flags. Need any more convincing? What have these children said to you or how has it affected their personalities and behavior?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 14, 2006 09:45PM

Hi Worried,

If the non-devotee spouse does not have custody of the child / children, then there could be a tendency of the devotee spouse to demonize the other parent and teach this attitude to the children...

And all this just because maybe someone does not agree with their right-wing neo-conservative politics!!!

:!:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: devadasi ()
Date: September 15, 2006 08:00AM

Jagged Guru does not represent mainstream Vaishnavism, there may be perhaps more inside the Krishna Consciousness movement that do not like his escapades as there are outside the movement.

The life of any spiritual leader should be an open book not a closely held secret.

When making money and politics become the priority something has gone afoul.

If a guru is always hiding, they must have something to hide. Period!!

Perhaps as much as 95% of his following or more have no idea about his personal life or how he treats people close to him.

His followers in New Zealand and Poland and other places around the world do not know what goes on in Hawaii with the politics etc. or what goes on in other places. Followers in Hawaii do not know what goes on in other places around the world.

I was a long time follower but never knew the things about New Zealand that Rama das pointed out. I did not know about the lawsuit in Poland either until it was over.

Each group has little knowledge of what is happening with other groups, only the very elite have any kind of overview, everyone else is in the dark about many things.

This way they can hide things as you really cannot piece the puzzle together very easily. You would need people from each camp around the world speaking out to find out what is going on in his world-wide cult.

Just-googling did not even know Chris's wife had 3 children and he was in Hawaii while they were there, working full time for Chris, that should tell you something about the secrecy.

I knew a lot but would probably cringe if I knew all of it.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 15, 2006 08:03AM

Actually my relationship with my ex the devotee was torn apart due to this religion.As you would know when one partner is doing something and the other is not does not make for a stable relationship, and of course with it being something like this it is even harder, I did look into this religion and go to the chants festivals etc seen all the videos of jagad read some of his books etc, but in my heart it didnt ring true to me and when i said this to my ex he always had an answer for everything they all seem to...But when i started saying things about jagad well that was enough for him to walk out on his family and 2 kids due to what he beleived in.At first i was worried about the kids being exposed to it when they went to see him but i rationalised it with it is only a chant what harm could it do even though i didnt beleive in it, as i told the kids what i thought and just cause there dad is doing it doesnt make it right or true so i have always maintaned this with them.My son doesnt beleive krishna is god or my daughter they are pretty level headed, but she does tell me they do the offerings in the mornings and chant and that her dad plays the krishna music all night long...Brainwashing no doubt...I have tried to look stuff up about chris butler but have never be able to find anything until last week when i came across this forum, and in reality it has just made me wake up and see what the whole scene is about, my new partner had tried to tell me but i had not beleived it to be so.The situation is a hard one as they love there dad but what he is doing is wrong but he is to far gone with it he beleives the whole thing...he has been a part of it for 8 years now..my kids are not vegatarian but when they are there with him they are....my youngest did tell me once that daddy said he would take me to a slaughter house one day so he could see what actally happens to the animals, I wonder if they all do that?That would be quite scarring to a young child..The kids do live with me for that i am thankful so at least they are not exposed to it 24/7 so i can keep them level headed but it is still a worry to have them exposed to it at all.....In small doses do you think this would be harmful??We are in Australia by the way but the ex does make visits to hawaii, to see the beach he says Yer right!It is all so secretive if they have nothing to hide why be that way?

Current Page: 43 of 857

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.