Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 30, 2011 07:47AM

Surely they're entitled to free healthcare anyway?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 08:05AM by Apollo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 30, 2011 07:49AM

Yes, good point. Probably so.

But still, I just doubt that they are driving around Oz like a couple of greyhaired nomads.

Somebody must be sheltering them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 07:50AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 30, 2011 08:04AM

No, I think it's unlikely they're living with Kevin or the doc. It's more likely they're surrounded by their victims/followers. The likes of Christine, Rob and Ross will always be at their beck and call. Due to their dwindling numbers it's even possible that they're all living together as one community.

Date: July 30, 2011 08:18AM

My understanding of the benefits available for Australian pensioners (unless if has changed of late) is that they are able to spend up to six months overseas (rather than the 90 days you suggest Zeuszor)......time enough which would easily enable them to visit the "troops" stationed abroad.....however, there appears to be "complete" physical disassociation, at least, with those remaining members in Australia (Ross and Barry?)......hence, while the "Graduation" may well have be a possibly staged "re-invention" of the cult.....I suspect McKay is genuinely distancing himself

.....whether they are in "shelter" or not, or progressively combing through the refuse bins of one rural NSW town after another....does it matter greatly?

"Shelter" that assisted them run the cult, even if on a "hobby" basis for McKay would be objectional.....but simply "board and lodging" wouldn't be too threatening, to the wider world, even were that to be something that you and I might not choose to provide to them....

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 30, 2011 08:28AM

Six months, is it? OK then. Thanks for clearing that detail up, Mal.

I believe that (as you so aptly put it, Mal) that the "graduation" was nothing more than a kind of staged re-invention of the cult.

They're still an organized group, one way or another. Of this I am fairly certain.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 30, 2011 05:34PM

'I suspect McKay is genuinely distancing himself '

I do too.
But he cannot completely alienate the old-timers who may get miffed at the waste of a lifetime if they are summarily disposed of. He cannot risk having these people take revenge by spilling the beans about where the 'bodies are buried'----and the old-timers will by now know more about McKay than he knows himself.

McKay has to keep them lulled into quiescence but out of his hair enough to allow him to gather a new, younger, more malleable chorus of true believers in the Apostle.
The Ace newsboy still lives and must be chafing that he doesn't have a cohort of willing young newsboys out flogging the message that Dave McKay has the answer to all ills.

I think that is what the graduation was all about.
McKay lost interest in his current crop of newsboys, the available kidneys were exhausted so they were no longer so useful to him, even for entertainment purposes. He has instructed them to become 'sleepers'--agents of Dave McKay in such deep cover that he can eventually quietly forget about them while they remain eternally loyal to him.

He meanwhile is quietly doing the only thing he knows how to do---trawling for vulnerable, disgruntled fish with religious misgivings who will shortly become the new set of slaves peddling the 'McKay Way' on the streets.

And just think, they will all have a full set of kidneys to plunder!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 05:37PM by Stoic.

Date: July 30, 2011 09:19PM

Has anyone else noticed the high number of guests visiting the xjcs lately?

There's currently 19 guests online and very rarely does that figure drop below 8-10 these days. In the past there was never more than 2-3 guests but in the last month or so that figure has drastically risen.

Could McKay and his cronies be scouring the site for ''evidence''?

Date: July 30, 2011 09:25PM

Has anyone considered the possibility that the JCs forum has a hidden section?

In the past i've posted on a forum which had a hidden section. Only moderators and admin were able to locate the hidden section. People could post there for years without even knowing about the hidden section.

Date: July 30, 2011 10:04PM

And just think, they will all have a full set of kidneys to plunder!

Enough to make a sweetie wives mouth water!

I see Josh is the latest to join the ''debate''. McKay will be happy to see this one back. Josh has been one of McKay's most vocal supporters for a number of years now. McKay sees huge potential (and a few quid) in this fella. He already walks and talks like a JC. He just needs that extra bit of motivation to make the plunge. I'm sure in time Josh will realise that God doesn't want him working on a farm. No, God wants Josh to forsake all. God wants Josh to sell the farm and give the proceeds to Apostle David and his JCs ''charity'' organisation..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 30, 2011 11:13PM

Denise has a private forum set-up on her site--for a price--and McKay made a donation I think some time ago. He is the only person ever to respond to one of her articles. (And that was some heartfelt gratitude expressed to Denise for her hatchet-job on Kevin and his art work and his character--my, how things change when needs must)

I cannot see McKay operating a hidden forum on the JC's--not unless he has help from a more computer savvy person, and that would have to be either Denise, one of the graduates or this Lisa Simpson. McKay previously demonstrated his inability to operate his site without help, immediately after the graduation, when he couldn't access large sections of it.

I am fairly certain that there must be a means of non-public contact that they are using--plain email most likely. They definitely want to stay out of the public eye to avoid criticism, McKay for reasons of his own that do not necessarily involve the graduates.
When has anything ever been done in the JC's that didn't benefit McKay and his convoluted motives the most, usually at everyone elses expense?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.