Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 02, 2011 08:03PM

From the same wiki article on the berserk state:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Jonathan Shay, MD, makes an explicit connection between the berserker rage of soldiers and the hyperarousal of post-traumatic stress disorder. In Achilles in Vietnam he writes:

If a soldier survives the berserk state, it imparts emotional deadness and vulnerability to explosive rage to his psychology and permanent hyperarousal to his physiology — hallmarks of post-traumatic stress disorder in combat veterans. My clinical experience with Vietnam combat veterans prompts me to place the berserk state at the heart of their most severe psychological and psychophysiological injuries

and there is this modern observation:

"Going berserk" is also used colloquially to describe a person who is acting in a wild rage or in an uncontrolled and irrational manner. A recent controversy among civil rights advocates and law enforcement and emergency medicine professionals involves a state called "excited delirium", in which a "berserk" individual dies after the use of restraints

....which makes me think of the increased vulnerability to sudden death of persons subject to the forcible 'casting out of demons' by primitive exorcists. The physiological process at work is interesting.

There is also an obvious parallel to the Hindu notion of the raising of kundalini.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 08:17PM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 02, 2011 09:50PM

Well, I am finally in agreement with Glenn, despite the taste in headgear:

"Anita made some good observations in regards to Stoic."

Yes indeed, Anita has given Dave McKay the hint to look at the initials of 'Devious Matron' for a clue. Quite a hoot.
That's quite a turn up, that we're all now helping each other connect the dots.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 03, 2011 06:44AM

Any news of Joe Johnson returning to his family?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 06:55AM by Apollo.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 03, 2011 06:56AM

I for one know nothing of that.

Date: August 03, 2011 07:43PM

NOT having guns is IMO the best proof that one really IS peace-loving.

[www.jesuschristians.com]

This quote has previously been remarked upon by Stoic, however I will add my "two cents" worth....and remark that this is just so much hypocrisy, coming from the mouth of the man who confronted his son Kevin, with thug Roland in tow(yes the same Roland who "bleats" on about "democracy" and "justice" when there is a camera upon him), in order to physically force Kevin out of the house that was rightfully his, at the time of the split in '96.

....this is just so much hypocrisy, coming from the mouth of the man who happily had a volunteer in Kenya whipped

...this is just so much hypocrisy, coming from the mouth of a man who fabricates allegations (Johnsons and Ngogre) in order to deceitfully manufacture claims of "compensation" to pursue in vexatious suits at law

David John McKay is a hateful, spiteful "peace-hating" predator, who is proof that not having guns....indicates nothing of the character of those, who defraud, deceive and assault in order to achieve their aims....(and hence for whom "guns" are then superfluous, in the violence they inflict...)

...I've no doubt that McKay would have justified arming himself just as Koresh had, were he to have ever had the numbers at his disposal, to "militarize"....David has though after all, only ever able to create a third rate cult, for himself, with a maximum "flock" of less than 30 at any point in time....guns(or whatever weapons one cares to name) would never have availed him.......hence he piously whines about the "peace" he lies that he stands for.......!

His miserable "circumstances" give rise to his so called morality....NOT his personal character.

Date: August 03, 2011 08:22PM

Date: August 03, 2011 09:24PM

Here's a scene, with Bony, made by a Russian.

[www.youtube.com]

'According to Wellington, (Duke of Boots, their commander) they had little tactical ability or nous (common sense).'

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 04, 2011 02:14AM

[cust.idl.com.au]

After a year in India, all of the young people had to return to Australia, early in 1985, because their plane tickets were only good for one year. They returned to Australia in February, bringing two sisters with them from the little town: Rachel and Elizabeth Sukumaran (12 and 14).

[cust.idl.com.au]

Boopalan, a 17 year old student from Salem, Tamil Nadu, joined at the end of 1993.

Oh my, wasn't India a prosperous period for the ''Apostle''! And NO NO NO, the JCs do not target minors/young teenagers, honest!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 02:22AM by Apollo.

Date: August 04, 2011 04:10AM

I've never before read the above account, Apollo, although I know the Rachel story. (Promised an Australian education, got a life peddling on the street and legged it as soon as she could--forever vilified as a betrayer)

What struck me about it was it was written, very consciously, in a style as if addressing children.
Was this taken from one of the kid's tracts, was it intended to be given out to children, do you know?

Date: August 04, 2011 04:41AM

I have no idea.

I notice Robin and Roland were also targetted at a very young age, 15 and 18 respectively. I find it deeply disturbing how McKay has this sick need to control minors/young teenagers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.