Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 02, 2011 06:47AM

Chennai was where Rino joined the group in the late '90s, and they do maintain PO boxes in Chennai and Madras as well. It's plausible that the McKays may be in India. They may not own property there, but their money would sure go a long way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 02, 2011 06:50AM

The right wing, tattooed, imbecile is still going on about a ''brutal beating'' which I have apparently tried to justify. The incident he refers to happened over five years ago. The incident he refers to has already been settled in court. It's clear he now uses the incident to stir and to bait others. He couldn't give two hoots about ANYONE involved in the incident. This guy seems to go out of his way to find the most controversial and offensive groups and then blindly backs them to the high heavens.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 02, 2011 06:57AM

Ignore him. He's Nick's problem, not mine or yours.

Date: August 02, 2011 10:21AM

Cherry absolutely loathed "dirty" India and "dirty" Indians....hence I doubt they ever be back there long term....but yes they would certainly continue to print (cheaply) in India and then supply the "newsboys" in Western nations to hock for as much as they could collect in "donies"....it is unlikely IMO that Takitafu "pays" for itself...(makes McKay hard cold cash, or supplies him with recruits)....hence I can only assume it has survived due to Robin and Christine's say so....

and yes, I "survived" the floods, thank you for asking Stoic....only rural and the "older areas" of Seoul (constructed with poor sullage systems) really suffered with the mudslides and flooded streets...the more modern districts, simply got well and truly soaked....

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 02, 2011 04:58PM

Takatifu is the current 'jewel in the crown' though, its like a supermarket loss-leader--designed more to draw in the punters as a proof of the charitable nature of the organisers rather than to make an immediate profit.

The idea in supermarkets is that once you are inside the doors, looking for this great bargain that has been trumpeted far and wide, the cunning 'architecture' of the layout, music, ambience and environment will ensure that you impulse buy many other things that are not quite such bargains.

Takatifu, with its fallacious Quaker strap-line painted over the door, is vital to McKay's facade as a legitimate organisation, doing good works for the poor benighted natives of Africa--whether they want them or not, regardless of whether or not it turns a profit.
There will be profit somewhere further down the line.

Still, if he really is toying with the militia idea, any old camp in the woods would be a cheaper, more mobile and less complicated draw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 05:00PM by Stoic.

Date: August 02, 2011 05:20PM

Double post, sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 05:31PM by Stoic.

Date: August 02, 2011 05:30PM

Kurtz must have had some inkling about the boundaries he had crossed and the taboos he had broken in order to make such a statement concerning the snail and the razor's edge.
One of the psychological confusions contributing to PTSD is the 'survivors guilt' angle, and the knowledge of what one must go through to survive.
Another interesting angle, one that Kurtz obviously knew a little too well, is the emergence of one's inner 'berserker,' something that is also well-covered in Norse myth, myth that clearly grew out of ancient peoples observations of the world.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Kilgore, with his seeming immunity to bullets, also displays some of the berserker qualities, fancifully described as a 'radiance'

Willard: [about Colonel Kilgore] Well, he wasn't a bad officer, I guess. He loved his boys, and he felt safe with 'em. He was just one of those guys with that weird light around him. He just knew he wasn't gonna get so much as a scratch here.

[www.imdb.com]

Date: August 02, 2011 06:23PM

Yes I'd agree with you Stoic that as far as McKay is concerned "Takitafu Gardens" is simply a "front"....I seem to recall "Bangalore" being dumped once McKay had wrung as much local media coverage out if as he could....and of course in my day, the "Free Community Work" was also quietly dumped at McKay's suggestion...once the cameras disappeared....(well the "witness" was over wasn't it then!....couldn't waste our precious time on genuinely helping anyone out, without it being noticed, could we???)

I survived the JesusChristians, but am forever guilty of not having summarily booted McKay up the butt, when the chance was there......

......(I may need some counseling over this!....or simply McKay's butt to boot, good and well now, would help, no end!!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 06:25PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: August 02, 2011 06:36PM

Thank you for the many quotable "quotes" there Stoic....perhaps a little sadly,

Willard: [voice-over] "Someday this war's gonna end". That'd be just fine with the boys on the boat. They weren't looking for anything more than a way home. Trouble is, I'd been back there, and I knew that it just didn't exist anymore.

That's in many ways how I view Australia now, after 11 years in Korea....watching young people come and do their year (or two) stint out here, quickly longing to return to something..I'm not sure what....than in my opinion is more a figment of their imagination.

Date: August 02, 2011 07:40PM

or simply McKay's butt to boot,

Having been, from birth, in bondage myself to unrestrained fantasy, I am now firmly in the 'reality at all costs' camp, never to stray again.

However, there is a lot of satisfaction to be had with a metaphorical 'boot up the butt' when the real McKoy is not available for the same.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.