Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:39AM

'Some of these people are batshit crazy and vicious'

The world is full of batshit crazy and vicious people. Spotting them early and not engaging is the best bet.
Appeasing them never works, it just puts off the inevitable moment of truth. So you might as well get to that moment of truth early and save time--pithy has nothing to do with it, pithy is about talking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:44AM

zeuszor
For example, please consider the fact that not only did Kevin provide Dave with his personal information, but also all the notes that were written on the JCs. For example, Cherry commented on the use of the words Tribes in dossier, which came from the unique terminology section.

By giving Dave the banking info, etc he was able to change or close accounts, making it harder for authorities to follow the money trail and it is a big trail, which now includes luxury cruises for over 40 people!

If he hadn't of given that information to his father, Dave probably would have been in jail by now! As it is, he is now eligible for the aged pension in Australia and the chances of getting him on welfare fraud have probably disappeared due to his release of the information and the extended McKay family all covering up for him and themselves!.

I'm sure Nick said he had contacted Centrelink long before that but McKay had everything well covered up. We're talking about a professional con artist here. The very worst he would have got is a short stint in jail anyway. The cult would still be there when he gets out.

zeuszor
I just don't see why this should be congratulated, or how the people involved in that fiasco are such better and more ethical people than me.

Why do you care so much about what they think? Just let it go, for your own sake.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:46AM

Apollo
Why do you care so much about what they think? Just let it go, for your own sake.

Well, the blood is on their hands, not mine.

You are right. Perhaps I am dealing with "effort justification" issues of my own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 07:49AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:54AM

McKay can never fully be stopped. If he's alive then he'll still be grooming, controlling and manipulating. The very best we can do is make information available to the public, raise awareness. Ultimately that will hurt Dave McKay and his cult far more than anything else.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:54AM

The McKay apologists and enablers just make me sick.

Date: July 29, 2011 08:28AM

Apollo
zeuszor
For example, please consider the fact that not only did Kevin provide Dave with his personal information, but also all the notes that were written on the JCs. For example, Cherry commented on the use of the words Tribes in dossier, which came from the unique terminology section.

By giving Dave the banking info, etc he was able to change or close accounts, making it harder for authorities to follow the money trail and it is a big trail, which now includes luxury cruises for over 40 people!

If he hadn't of given that information to his father, Dave probably would have been in jail by now! As it is, he is now eligible for the aged pension in Australia and the chances of getting him on welfare fraud have probably disappeared due to his release of the information and the extended McKay family all covering up for him and themselves!.

I'm sure Nick said he had contacted Centrelink long before that but McKay had everything well covered up. We're talking about a professional con artist here. The very worst he would have got is a short stint in jail anyway. The cult would still be there when he gets out.

Maybe so, but to me that's beside the point. It's the principle to me, man. They should have been locked up. Now it will probably never happen. Instead, they went on a damn cruise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 08:33AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 29, 2011 03:46PM

Maybe so, but to me that's beside the point. It's the principle to me, man. They should have been locked up. Now it will probably never happen. Instead, they went on a damn cruise.

That's not a statement of principle, that's a demand that the world adjust to what you want, right now---because you want it.

In plain English it is called "banging your head against a brick wall" and the relief when you stop doing it is wonderful.

To be meaningful, principles have to be based in an acceptance of reality, not wishful thinking.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:13PM

I'm not demanding anything of anybody. It's called justice.

They could have gone to jail, if not for the "help" of a few people who think that they're better than I am. Instead, they go on a cruise and then ditch the kids. It's horrible and just galls me. They've got blood on their hands for that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 07:17PM by zeuszor.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:34PM

So how much more of your time, braincells and life are you going to spend lamenting 'what might have been' in another universe entirely?
Its not justice, justice is carefully considered in a democracy in order to get as much impartiality as possible.
There is no blood on their hands, they made a decision that you disagree with.

If you ever truly considered what 'blood on your hands' meant, you would not use such a phrase so lightly, to describe a difference of opinion.

This is just ramping up the drama now. You can call it 'effort justification' if you like, but things that require real effort in the real world generally need no justification at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 07:36PM by Stoic.

Date: July 29, 2011 07:38PM

OK, I see your point. I'll back off. It's just that it galls me, to watch the McKays be allowed to get away with everything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.