Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 28, 2011 07:10PM

The way I see it, there are three possible options here that might explain what happened. Either:

1) Kevin has a really, really bad memory,

2) Kevin is in deep denial about his parents' involvement in the COG and wasn't deliberately lying per se, but was stating what he might have actually believed, or else wanted to believe due to wishful thinking, or

3) Kevin was simply, deliberately lying about his parents' involvement in the COG.

Either way, things don't add up. I have done the research, looked at the Books of Remembrance and through old copies of New Day News, and I have compared the timelines. Believe me, I have done my homework.

At this point I am convinced that Dave and Cherry McKay (along with all the kids) were all members of the COG and again: I have photographic and documentary evidence which proves it. I think I have built a pretty convincing case.

Maybe Kevin was not deliberately lying, but he sure wasn't telling the truth, either.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 07:22PM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 28, 2011 08:25PM

He was being evasive, subtle, but still evasive.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 28, 2011 09:20PM

Obviously, for instance, when one knows an actual birth date it makes a big difference.

You can then tie their stated age into a certain period, which maybe half of one year and half of the other, but you still have a general idea within a range of a year (twelve months).

It certainly would be a lot easier for everyone reading, if people stated the actual dates that they are referring to, as it would be a lot clearer, eliminate any second guessing and reduce the likelihood of people assuming that they might be trying to mislead.

It would be a shame if we have to start bringing in mathematicians and statisticians, to help decipher someone's posts.

Generally speaking, about no particular person, of course.

I don't have a problem with general poor recollection, either.

But It is important in this matter, that if a person (and let's leave personalities out of it) was for example born in 1965 and they say something occurred when they were 10, that they realize they are talking about something that occurred in 1975.

If they were 8, then it occurred in 1973. If they are unsure, it's probably best for them not to say anything, lest they be misperceived as lying about the facts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 09:23PM by zeuszor.

Date: July 28, 2011 09:45PM

Apostate has thoughtfully re-posted a response that Kevin made regarding the the various issues with Dave's behaviour that have been repeatedly brought up, well worth reading as I don't find this one evasive at all. It deals directly with the issues, to the extent that he is able, bearing in mind that a young childs recollections are subject to haziness regarding exact times and dates:

[www.xjcs.org]

I don't seriously think that any more than this clear statement can be expected of him--it is a generous statement at that, though not particularly generous to Dave McKay, and Kevin is entitled to make peace with his past in his own way--it is not for us to dictate what he should and shouldn't think about his parents. However much of a 'chip off the old block' he might be, he is a separate individual.

We, of course, are free to heap derision on every statement that Dave McKay makes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 09:56PM by Stoic.

Date: July 28, 2011 09:52PM

Dear old Blackhat explains that her machinations here were a vain attempt to 'keep us honest'--for which she was barred:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 28, 2011 10:23PM

Jeezo, what is it with that woman?

Blackhat is now convinced you've lied about being British. Personally I thought you were Irish but now living in Britain, not that it really matters. She's even went to the trouble of emailing British friends of hers to find out if they would use various terms. This is so like the tactics she used again me. The woman is determined to prove people are lying. It is an obsession of hers.

Does Blackhat think we Brits have a little phrase book which we musn't drift out of? Good grief!

I remember a few months ago I commented on this thread that I had watched the Australian Story. Within a couple of hours I had Blackhat pestering me in pm. She was apparently very surprised I was able to locate the show as she believed only people in Australia could watch it. This was her way of telling me she now thought I was an Aussie. I had to point out to her that the show was available on the JCs forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 10:25PM by Apollo.

Date: July 28, 2011 10:31PM

Stoic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7iR8K_WDvM&feature=related

But which one is Blackhat and which one is Craig? hehehe

Date: July 29, 2011 12:00AM

David McKay makes "apologies" that cost him nothing....and yet he expects the world to be impressed with his new-found "humility"?

When I look for(among many other things);

...an apology to Sheila Johnson (evidenced by Joe being informed that he needs to resume private, non-confrontational communication with his family)

..an apology to Kevin and those in Australia, illegally disposed of their membership of the JC's and their worldly belongings (evidenced by McKay returning some proportion of the AUD$30,000 that he defrauded the team in Australia of, at the time)

..an apology to the Kenyan volunteer whipped for the temerity of helping himself to some of the teaching material that the JC's have cheaply printed in bulk, in India (evidenced by Rob and Christine delivering the same in writing to the said gentleman, in the presence of independent witnesses)

and find nothing, other than McKay's cheap grandstanding.....forgive me, for my cynicism, if I think his "recantation" to be utterly insincere!

........nothing more than a marketing ploy (as Apollo sagely notes) all the better to "sell himself", with until proven otherwise, I should think...!

Date: July 29, 2011 12:21AM

'But which one is Blackhat and which one is Craig? hehehe'

Well, I fancied the Muttley role myself, but my heart belongs to Denis the Menace's Gnasher.

[anatheimp.blogspot.com]

Irish by birth, living in England with an aquisitive ear for language and idiom. Not that anyone is trying to figure out my ID.
I can't say I care at all what conspiracies Blackhat is concocting.

Now there is a laundry list, Malcolm, if Dave McKay is feeling at a loose end in his leaky rowboat and in need of a bit of redemptive hard work. It would be a start anyway.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 12:29AM by Stoic.

Date: July 29, 2011 12:36AM

I received an email from Glen today. He's terribly upset by recent comments.

can you just stop dragging my name up on that rr forum.
and tell that bitch stioc to lay off to if she knows whats good for her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.