Current Page: 73 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: Dogmother ()
Date: January 31, 2007 09:44PM

Of course you're right Apostate, it IS BORING, but the pizza-making nonsense illustrates where Dave is coming from...not from a place that can ever make sense when you examine any of his "recipes." This surely is not God-inspired writing, just another illustration of how befuddled Dave is and how self-absorbed with his role as "Master." Master of what?
This is 2007, the dawning of a new age, when all of us can make a resolution to let Dave sink in his leaky ship and not throw him anymore rope. The brave Captain is always the last to leave his ship, right? Dave, you hold on. :arrow: CREW, why don't you take the life-boat and row yourself ashore where all of us are waiting!!! (Don't leave anyone behind.)
Gladitzover, of course those of us who had the courage to take the plunge and swim to the shore--like you did--are all here to build each other up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 01, 2007 12:11AM

Dear Apostate,

Hmm...I didn't mind the "pizza parable" that much (if we can ignore the pyschotic fixtation on the over riding subliminal message that...."no-one can manage without me", for a minute!)....I enjoy Davids' writing when he is able to temporarily resume "normality" and I can think of worse efforts.

That was a good idea Dogmother. Meeting up will always a matter of chosing the "best" bad option as there is no venue or date that would ever suit everyone...I'm aware that a couple of us are in Australia and a couple of us are in the States (amongst other places?).....mid year is a better time for me individually, as I think I'll be back in Australia early July to meet the folks....then again it would be fun to stand outside the court house considering the Johnsons case (if its's still under way) with a big placard denouncing the JC's....

Having participated in the Nullabor Walk, I'm not prepared simply to dismiss the whole thing as "advertising" for David (even though thats what David might have like it to have been)...many of us engaged in "stunts" during our time with the JC's that I believe may well still have had Gods' ultimate blessings if we, ourselves, were personally sincere in them.....I am personally reluctant to "recant" the activities in which I was involved while in the JC's, even though I now deplore some of the ends to which those activities were "twisted".

I want to help discredit David but I don't intend to simply dismiss those occasions which I consider to have been "acts of God" that took place (David McKay or no) over the times I spent with them.

I similarly have no doubt that several of the Jesus Christians donated Kidneys out of sincere motives, even if at the same time I have no doubt, that David, was just looking for another "band-wagon"....God will in time, judge them all accordingly....

Thank you for the article Matilda (I think I also saw it through a previous link), although were I to actually meet the author I may well just tell the narrow minded old so-and so to ..."piss off..." (..with a few suitable scriptures attached!!)

Malcolm

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: February 01, 2007 05:37AM

Malcolm,

I am sure that you are quite right to flag up the sincerity with which the JC's engage in Dave's 'stunts' and it is sincerity and altruism that characterise the majority of rank and file members. Could you tell us more about the walk and other events you were involved in?

Date: February 01, 2007 06:23AM

Malcom and Matilda you are both so right about rank and file giving of ourselves with a pure and alteristic, God-given, humble and inspired heart. Who better to understand than WE can understand each other? There are so many talents amongst us, so much good-will. I strongly feel that we must put forth every effort to make that summit of ours. Mid-year is probably doable for most of us. Let's work on time and place.

Posted by: malleeboy ()
Date: February 02, 2007 08:48AM

Maybe you should create a web site with alternative information about the JC's. Can I suggest a name....www.Jesuslikesus.com

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: February 02, 2007 01:52PM

Dogmother
Malcom and Matilda you are both so right about rank and file giving of ourselves with a pure and alteristic, God-given, humble and inspired heart. Who better to understand than WE can understand each other? There are so many talents amongst us, so much good-will. I strongly feel that we must put forth every effort to make that summit of ours. Mid-year is probably doable for most of us. Let's work on time and place.

Hello again Dogmother, it is good to meet another "rank and file" member of the JC's.

Did you ever run into trouble with Dave's "honest to whom" teachings?
It certainly is good to be able to see the deceptions much more clearly now isn't it?
What led to you leaving the JC's?
When did you join and leave the JC's?

Have you read through the thread to this point to see how manipulative and deceptive david Mckay can be. He even pretended to me a mother named "Anita Foster" in order to try and stir up some persecution against himself. Weird, eh? What sort of stuff did you see while in the group?

Date: February 02, 2007 10:02PM

Hello Apostate, did you and other ex-JCs on this forum read what Dave wrote about me --craziest, new cult leader, calls himself "dogmother?" --

I can asure everyone that I'm that "cult of one" as we all tend to be after our traumatizing experience with Dave "the anointed" and clairvoyant.
(Although I'm proud to be mother to a beautiful family of Huskies here in the mountains of Katmandu. Doesn't count, I guess.)

Did you guys one day wake up and say to yourself..."hello, I'm in a cult... Dave, come on, you must be kidding," followed by "I've got to get out?" :idea: :idea:
Or was it a slow process like it was for me?

Date: February 02, 2007 10:06PM

Malleeboy,NO, you may not suggest a name! We pick our own, thank you! :(

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: February 03, 2007 12:16AM

Dave is raning again.

[i:409a690bd9]Any rational person knows that there ARE crazies in the world, and that the Internet gives them the opportunity to let out a lot of their craziness. I have no doubt that most of the RR'rs are not consciously thinking about some asassination plot, nor a suicide bomb to take the lot of us "nappy chappies" out. But unless they are rational enough to recognise danger signs in one another, they are going to be like Rick Ross himself after Waco, with a lot of blood on their hands. [/i:409a690bd9]

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: February 03, 2007 05:00AM

:idea: Well, I must say I Love Huskies.. I love to play along with just about anything they do. Such gentle natured beasts.

Like you I found it to be a slow process, even after I was unceremoniously turfed out.

Current Page: 73 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.