Current Page: 75 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: KingTut ()
Date: February 03, 2007 10:56PM

I forgot to add this in the last post. I am from Australia. Melbourne. If any of you are from Melbourne I am more than willing to meet you, even shout you dinner as you tell me why you left and why you dont think it's a good idea for people to join the JC.

I have open ears and wont judge or argue with you. I am a former cult member myself and i know how hard it is for some people when they leave a group, but the offer is there, but maybe i shouldnt hold my breath as i dont think anybody will want to respond?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 03, 2007 11:23PM

"King Tut" said,

I am a former cult member myself

What group was that?

How long were you in?

And why did you leave?

Date: February 03, 2007 11:27PM

Hi.

I was with the Church of Scientology.

I went AWOL when they wouldnt let me call my dad without a member present and got told off for falling alssep during study period, even know i was up the whole night before working on there new building.

There were also some other problems which i choose not to broadcast to this forum, but they were worse than the ones i mentioned

Date: February 03, 2007 11:29PM

King Tut/Glen:

Why are you interested in Dave McKay and his so-called "Jesus Christians" group?

Do you spend time with them?

Have you donated anything to them?

Date: February 03, 2007 11:39PM

I like people, and they have been very nice to me.

No i havent donated anything to them, and if i did that would be up to me if i choose too.
I have offered to shout the Melbourne team lunch or dinner so i can chat with them more.

Just like i have made the same offer here to people

Date: February 03, 2007 11:43PM

King Tut/Glen:

So how much time would you estimate that you have spent with them?

Quite a few days, hours or what?

How long has this relationship been ongoing?

Date: February 03, 2007 11:52PM

I have no idea sorry i dont log down in a book how many hours a day i speak with people. But i have gotten to know them, and they are very nice.

I must say also very patient as im not the easiest person to get a;long with, due to me have very strong opinions and beliefs, and they have been nicer than some of the people in here, who have falsly labelled me a JC when i am not.

As for the last question you sound like my father, lol

Posted by: Gladitzover ()
Date: February 03, 2007 11:56PM

Hi Glenn,
Speaking for myself, I am an individual. I am not part of any group now. I'm a Christian and I'm training to be a nurse.

My JC experience wasn't all bad. I had many good times with the "rank and file". Dave, though, is very conniving and manipulative. He doesn't care about anything or anyone when they/it do not further his plans.

I know that this thread has a reputation with some for being a place for people to unleash their bitter feelings. That may be the case for some....but not everyone. Although, I know it can be hard at times not to feel bitter towards someone like Dave.

Some people spent years pandering to him in the hope that they might be able to visit their child, brother or sister. Others spent years in service to Dave only to be thrown out onto the streets without any consideration. Everyone's story is a bit different. If people are feeeling bitter now. It may just be the early stages of their healing. The don't need to be condemned. We don't know what each person has had to deal with.

For the most part I don't feel bitter towards Dave anymore. I would like to use this board as a place to inform people about the group. I think people should be allowed to get a full picture of the group. There wasn't any place like this for me to come to before I joined. To be honest though, I was communnicating so frequently with Dave before joining. I probably wouldn't have paid any attention to what people were saying here.

Date: February 04, 2007 12:05AM

Thnak you Gladitzover for your response, it was very touching and from the heart.

I believe people should hear both sides of the story, but i feel all that i happening here is the JC are getting slammed. Its good to see that you said not all your time there was bad.
And im sure there are others kjust like yourself who will say the same thing. So wouldnt it be good when they are being informative to actually say This is what I like.... And this is what i hate?

That's being fair, do you agree that it should be fair?

Date: February 04, 2007 12:42AM

King Tut/Glen:

So it sounds like you really have far less of an experience to draw upon that the ex-members and families posting here.

Did you use another name to post here?

Current Page: 75 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.