Current Page: 71 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: January 28, 2007 06:11AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST

Dear Matilda,

I applaud for your efforts on the JC's site and the very fact that David sees fit to attack (who he thinks is) you, bears testimony to the quality of your efforts here.
Thank you Malcolm. i would also like to thank everyone who posts and read here including my agent, consultants and of course my lawyer.[/color:e9052e0670]

(While I don't actually know who you are Matilda,

Neither does Dave. He just looks at his list of enemies, guesses and usually gets it wrong . If only he'd asked, rather than engaging in some pitiful granny bashing , I may well have told him. He needs to apologise. [/color:e9052e0670]

if I were to lay some "red herrings" I wonder if it would be possible to tempt David to ridicule himself.....hmm!)..AHEM...again.
Considering his experience, lets just say it is a distinct ..AHEM[/color:e9052e0670]
I thank you for all your postings Matilda. I am mindful of course, that it must be particularly difficult for you at this time following your recent acrimonious and highly public split from Justin Timberlake....
Yes. I am SO not together since the split. Dave knows how this feels too [/color:e9052e0670]

I believe you asked me about some details of the “fabrications” David engages in a previous posting….

When I was a member ('81-'85) David had a brown leather bound copy of David Bergs teachings (in animated pamphlet form) stashed away with many other "important documents" in his bedroom.
Interesting. During that period it was well nigh impossible for outsiders to get COG literature. They were Secret Publications.
According to Exfamily experts, many of The COG Family's writings were registered under different pseudonyms such as "World Services," and most were designated DO (Disciples Only) status—intended for internal use only, in keeping with the group's "deceivers yet true" philosophy. The majority of these secret publications only became more available for public view in the 1990s through defectors, police raids, court subpoenas, and journalistic investigations. that Dave had literature during this time could well mean that he was a member. The COG/ Family were extremely secretive, and although friendly on the streets, they were extremely suspicious of visitors and went to great lengths to hide their true identity as well as their addresses. Quite common for a COG member to take a number of detours, buses in opposite directions etc in order to avoid being followed...and Apostate went round for vegies and knew who they were? and Dave insists he was not a trusted member then..AHEM )[/color:e9052e0670]
It was kept out of public eye as David well knew the “bad press” it would so easily generate. I saw the volume on several occasions and actually leafed through it once...His statement that he kept nothing "more than a letter" from Mo is an outright lie.
Just to clarify further for readers here, Malcolm.Although Berg churned out Mo letters, which were distributed to the homes, it is rare to have in ones possession a personal one to one letter from David Berg, which is what Dave had/ has; a dear Dave..., blah blah blah, something along the lines of if you can get the churches to listen you are a better man than I am type of letter,part blessing part commision type of thing ..love from David/ Mo document. [/color:e9052e0670]
Of course, after 22 years he may no longer hold the volume in question (and it is likely he will publically deny ever having had such a thing...but naturally we all understand how much weight to put into a "denial" from David McKay, don't we….!)
Featherweight[/color:e9052e0670]

I don’t think the worst excesses of the COG's "theology" were actually adhered to (at least while I was in the JC’s although that I admit here that I have little direct comparative experience of the COG’s themselves) and David appeared to drew on the COG teachings purely for the extensive scriptural references their work contained, where he considered the material “biblical” (Flirty fishing was unbliblical!)
And a lot more[/color:e9052e0670]

Of course having heard David tell the “faithful” down the years (as I assume other have heard on many a time) that “You won’t be a good leader, if you can’t be a good follower” isn’t it interesting to note that David was never a good “follower” himself…In his own self –conceit, taking the first opportunity to strike out on his own……a principled stand against “flirty fishing”…..or the megalomaniacal appeal of using COG material to create his own little religious empire……I guess we can only judge from the “fruits” can’t we!

Well he is not opposed to the principle behind FFing, the sacrificing of your own body so I would opt for the empire building option.
[/color:e9052e0670]

The introductory pages in “Across the Nullabor (now titled “The Walk of Faith” and apparently not included in the Easy English version of the book) outlining the lead up to the walk are an exercise in “spin”. A lot of the events and all of the direct quotes are fictious (Not of course the quotes later recorded directly out of the diaries kept during the actual event). The idea for the walk across the Nullabor originated with David, and the “while lies” he engages in here are designed to better “sell” the people involved. David is aware that the Christians wider “public image” will suffer if the extent of his own role in running the whole show is made obvious. Hence he invents a more “suitable” history.

While walking across the Nullarbor I had a vivid dream one evening, that David stealthily came up and secretly shot me while we were sleeping, and that while I was too injured to be able to speak up for myself he then persuaded the others (in the “Christians” as we were called at that time) that I had died of “natural causes”, and then led everyone away from me while I lay dying. Only the youngest member, Rachel, realized that I was still alive, but she was too young too be taken seriously by the others.

I recorded this dream and mailed it on with the other diary entries I kept. Surprise me…but in the final printed copy of the book, what do we read other than that at a certain point during the walk Malcolm began to have “problems” and that the number of diary entries he subsequently submitted began to “decline”….all willful lies on the part of David McKay as he began to take steps to “airbrush” me out of later history. (…well the “problems” with Davids penchant for deceit may have been real enough….by the time the walk was over it was clear to me that my time with Christians had come to an end).

Typical Dave. He realised the threat to his leadership if your dream was discussed and shared. What a spooky dream, Malcolm. Strange that the subconscious or the psyche finds ways of warning us the pitfalls we are blinding ourselves to. Great discernment [/color:e9052e0670]

Malcolm

Did Dave ever tell you his Bible name in the Children of God? Peace [/color:e9052e0670]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dogmother ()
Date: January 29, 2007 11:11PM

To both of you many thanks for sharing so much fascinting information. Malcom, I'm just wondering...how did someone of your caliber get sucked into this with Dave?
And doesn't Dave have better things to do than being preoccupied with a granny whoever she is? Did Dave snatch her grandkids? No wonder she's fighting him. I would think Dave's "mighty revolution" doomsday project would keep him busy day and night. How much time does he have left to get that "religious empire" going? Time is running out Dave...save the world, we're counting on you!!!

Date: January 29, 2007 11:40PM

Dear Dogmother,

I doubt that I am of any more "caliber" than any of the other people who post on this site...all of us would have had ideals we were seeking to realize by becoming part of the Jesus Christians....having such ideals in the first place would probably be my definition of "caliber" and I am certainly not unusual in that respect.....

I did want to comment on another posting that you made a little earlier...namely that we do all that we can to welcome the existing members OUT of the Jesus Christians...while we want to want to "assail" the spiritual darkness that the Jesus Christians have become, we must also be able to retain a "rappoire" with the members who are quietly beginning to question what is happening to them, and the "Kingdom of God" they thought they were once part of, within the JC's (just as we would all have originally quietly started to do, before ultimately leaving..)

I thought your comments in this regard very appropriate.

Date: January 29, 2007 11:56PM

Dear Apostate,

I think you have captured it all rather succinctly in your comment about David's "need to be right"...it does appear to border on the pathological, doesn't it (...sorry should I simply say that it IS pathological!....) but I think that David has progressively, if at the same time willingly, painted himself into a corner here.....How could he now admit to be wrong, in even the seemingly smallest spiritual matter....

Hmm....If he could be wrong in one thing, then perhaps he could be wrong in another, ......then thinking this through further, perhaps he could be wrong in a lot of things,....and then now that you mention it perhaps theres no end to what he could be wrong in......David HAS to keep churning this "always right" stuff out in order to justify retaining authority.....the consequence of NOT doing so is that those in the JC's might then start to consider at what point his "tenure" become falliable....

Ahh...the "trials and tribulations" of demagoguery.....it's just not for us lesser mortals to really understand I guess, is it!!!

Date: January 30, 2007 06:47AM

Dave's preoccupation with family of members and ex members is just an avoidance strategy. He shifts the focus and avoids commenting on the issues raised here. His 'granny' post is a distraction from the real issues- renouncing Berg or commenting on the open question about Berg's [i:102a1928a3]Holy Holes.[/i:102a1928a3] Now, he says we may all be Apostates or all Matildas (!!) forgetting to mention that at least one of us may be Anita!!! I hope he is not generating persecution to persuade the faithful! The games the 'anointed' play these days!

Here is another article from the web. Does anyone know the outcome?

Couple sues Kenya Government"

by Esther King'ori ("KBC," September 08, 2005)

Nairobi, Kenya - An Australian couple released last week after the state dropped abduction charges has sued the Attorney General seeking compensation.

Roland and Susan Gianstefani who are members of an international religious sect known as Jesus Christians and Betty Waitherero whom they had been accused of abducting want the court to rule that their fundamental rights have been violated.

They claim they have been denied the freedom of worship, freedom of expression and freedom of association among others.

In an affidavit, Waitherero, a graduate of the United States International University-USIU says she and her seven-year-old son were never abducted and accuses her parents of trying to force her to hand over custody of her son.

She is asking the court to terminate a case filed at the Children’s Court by her parents.

Waitherero’s parents accuse her of removing her son from school after joining the Jesus Christians.

Date: January 30, 2007 08:00AM

Malcolm,

Extract from Nullabor walk article from Oz

IN TROUBLE AGAIN

They first came to our attention during the 1981-82 Christmas season for the literature they were distributing to young people in Perth . We reported on them in June 1985. A group of young people, including a 12-year-old girl from India, walked across the Nullarbor, and were nicknamed the ‘Nullarbor Walkers’. We stated then: ‘We are concerned by the group’s current walk to prove God...if these walkers had been honest in their intentions they would have quietly crossed the Nullarbor without any prior publicity...it has become a publicity stunt to gain sympathy (plus money and provisions) and open the way to further youthful converts…Many Christians naïvely think concern about this little group is all “much ado about nothing” but there have been, and unfortunately probably will be some more, young people whose lives have been disturbed and negatively affected by this small cult. Families have also been disrupted and deeply hurt because of this cult. Small cults can be as damaging to individuals and families as large cults.’

Over the years, the group, led by David McKay, has accumulated a long list of publicity stunts from graffiti on Sydney subway walls to gluing money to pavements, grown men wearing giant nappies, to wearing robes and remaining silent in court. For McKay it seems that ‘publicity is the name of the game’ – all with the purpose of attracting young people to his community with its Biblically distorted teachings and practices

Entire article available here

[www.ccgm.org.au]

Date: January 30, 2007 08:49PM

Thank you again, Matilda, you're the best. It's always about attention getting for Mackay which was so obvious in "Kidneys for Jesus," and "Bloodsacrifice." Unfortunately some of us fell into his trap, but our excuse is and always was, concern and love for our families--normal human emotions--which Dave is so devoid of. The suffering he has caused and unfortunately is still causing is immense. I always think of him as a wolf who lures his prey into his den of deception with lies and than he ferociously defends what can never be his.
I'm proud to be on this forum with all you people of such high caliber, thanks Malcom for pointing this out. Everyone who posts here is truly special.
How about comming up with a summit, a meeting in person, where we all get together and brainstorm on how to get this predator silenced forever. This would be a service to mankind. We would also have a lot of fun at Dave's expense, since everyone seems to have a good sense of humor. :idea:

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 30, 2007 09:31PM

Dogmother
Thank you again, Matilda, you're the best. It's always about attention getting for Mackay which was so obvious in "Kidneys for Jesus," and "Bloodsacrifice." Unfortunately some of us fell into his trap, but our excuse is and always was, concern and love for our families--normal human emotions--which Dave is so devoid of. The suffering he has caused and unfortunately is still causing is immense. I always think of him as a wolf who lures his prey into his den of deception with lies and than he ferociously defends what can never be his.
I'm proud to be on this forum with all you people of such high caliber, thanks Malcom for pointing this out. Everyone who posts here is truly special.
How about comming up with a summit, a meeting in person, where we all get together and brainstorm on how to get this predator silenced forever. This would be a service to mankind. We would also have a lot of fun at Dave's expense, since everyone seems to have a good sense of humor. :idea:

Sign me up, Dogmother.

Date: January 30, 2007 10:23PM

Zeuszor, let's get organized and go after those "nappy chappies." I'll do the cooking. :lol:

Date: January 30, 2007 10:49PM

How many of us are there? Head-count someone, please.

Current Page: 71 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.