Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: bigpigweed ()
Date: December 08, 2010 01:34AM

god bless you falling leaves who ever you are. it doesnt matter. all that maters is that you are free to do what you want. you will make some mistakes and get dispointments in people but every one gets that. main thing is you are doing your own thing.god is with you. no one can take that from you.you must be a strong person to have got through life this far so i think you will be just fine. there are lots of good people in the world who will encourge and support you.
for sure no judgements from me.i admire the basis of what the jesus Christins were meant to be.now you are free to be all that you can be in life and to do whatever you want. i hope that for evry single Jesus Christian. I hope you feel free to talk whenever you want. You dont owe nobody any information on your self. People are free to post without ID themselfs. just real glad to see an ex jesus christian here. WELCOME and GODSPEED!

all are welcome here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: December 08, 2010 03:27AM

Hi falling leaves, yes that is fine; :) can well understand and respect peoples' need for privacy and it is good to know everyone is ok.
if you have not had much to do with the forums, you might also want to check out www.jcs.xjcs.org. Hope all goes well for you ,yasmin

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 08, 2010 03:53AM

Hi falling_leaves,

I'm delighted you've decided to join us and i will do my best to make you feel welcome.

falling_leaves
hi apollo

thanks for clearing up my misunderstandings about the pm function though I dont know what to say with it.

I'm not sure exactly how the PM works. I thought it was available to all members but someone earlier stated you must make a certain amount of posts before that function becomes available and that may well be the case. Perhaps the moderator can verify that.

falling_leaves
Now that I'm here it feels a bit strange and I don't quite know what Im meant to do or what I want to say, though I do feel a bit uncomfortable with the way apollo inserts the children of god thing after Dave's name, not cause i was close to him or anything, but cause they are notorious for sex abuse stuff and it makes me a bit uncomfortable that people may be associating that behaviour with me too as an exmember. I hope you don't take that personally, though, apollo.

I definitely never was into anything like children of god stuff and I never witnessed or was taught to practice the kind of stuff they did. I just want that to be clear cause I don't like the idea of people thinking of me or other exmembers as some kind of sex wierdos just because we were in the jc's and when someone says somehting about the leader of something I think they automatically think the same thing about the followers. I think that is waht jesus meant when he said that if people called him names then they would call him followers names too. oh wait, is it okay to talk about stuff from the bible here? I've not seen anything like that here so I don't know if it's okay. if it's not okay then I can find some other way to express myself though I think that will probably feel strange for me too. it sure does feel like I feel uncomforable about a lot of things these days.

Anyway I don't tink I have the right to ask apollo to change the things he says but I think it could help to make others more comfortable if they didn't get the idea that people were looking at them like sex weirdos.

I'm more than happy to clear that up for you. Please feel free to ask me anything.

The Children of God reference is aimed specifically towards Dave who is a former member.

falling_leaves
oh by the way, I didn't mean to make it sound like blackhat was doing something bad when she pmd me about brina and apollo cause she also encouraged my right to anonymity too, which i found comforting cause you know how it is when you just dont know who to trust. I hope that doesnt sound paranoid.

I must admit i was disappointed to hear that. I've always been very honest on here. Perhaps Blackhat can clear that up for us.

falling_leaves
I kind of laughed when blackhat was asking apollo about him counting posts and stuff cause it made me wonder what if she things apollo is really dave! He likes to do a lot of that counting stuff and anylising stuff! maybe blackhat is suspicious of you being dave, apollo!!!

Well i've already been accused of being Brian and Craig so why not Dave, Ha! LOL

falling_leaves
dang I started off by saying I didn't kow what to say and now Ive said a lot. felt kind of good. thanks for listening.

You're welcome. :-)

Posted by: bigpigweed ()
Date: December 08, 2010 03:57AM

hi apolo

can you please tell me when i will be off moderaton? yasmin told us that its after a certin number of posts. i have made about 34 posts. im not a troll. so when will i be able to post directly.
thanks

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 08, 2010 04:20AM

bigpigweed:

There are people that post here who have been moderated for many months, even years.

There is no set time.

You may never be pre-approved without moderation.

This thread has had very serious problems with trolls attempting to subvert it. And that's caused me to be very cautious regarding the pre-approval of participants here.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 08, 2010 06:52AM

Dave has posted:

Someone calling themselves "Falling Leaves" is posting on the RR forum. I would seriously caution the boys and girls over there to treat this person with caution. I can't say who it is, but my gut feeling is that they are going to get their fingers burnt on this person. A word to the wise... (Oops, forgot who I was addressing this to. lol)

I assume he is seeing a similar writing style to that of Peter Strong. Dave certainly still has sore fingers from the burning he got there!

I actually don't care who you are, falling leaves, just pointing out what Dave has posted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 07:08AM by Blackhat.

Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: December 08, 2010 09:52AM

Welcome Falling Leaves,

I'm glad to learn that you have freedom of mind. I hope you realize that it is a process. "Rome was not built in a day." The people over here really do care
about victims the victims. Feel free to express yourself freely.

Posted by: Styxxx ()
Date: December 08, 2010 01:04PM

Hello falling_leaves-what a nice name. You seem like a very gentle and polite person. I'm glad you were able to keep that softer side of your personality despite being a Jesus Christian member. So many of the members seemed very hard boiled and harsh. I think that was often a complaint of new people using the JC forum; they felt people were quite angry and intense. You don't seem that way at all so that's a credit to your good heart.

Of course no one expects you to identify yourself as privacy is your total right but I just want to be clear-you WERE a JC member is that right? Or were you just someone who was a supporter and chatted with them on their forum. I'm sure there is a huge difference in the damage done to the spirit. Living in a cult situation might take countless years to recover from where as an internet contact only would be easier to bounce back from.

Do you mind clarifying if you were an actual member of the Jesus Christians and living among them? You sound so different from the members I have encountered---perhaps being out of the group environment is cause for that.

I do wish you all the best in any case. Glad to see you joining in.

Posted by: Styxxx ()
Date: December 08, 2010 01:19PM

I received this Private Message and find it somewhat disturbing as I have not contacted Zeuszor by PM or in any way.

I do hope it's not someone seriously suggesting someone is dead or about to die. I recall reading that he had felt suicidal at some point and it would be tragic if this was some cry for help. Death hardly a topic to joke about.

Could the moderator please take a look?

To:
Styxxx
Date: 12/06/2010 10:58PM

zeuszor is taking some permanent time off. zeuszor is dead.

Clearly if the sender is PMing people he is not dead but I do suggest these type of PM's are strange and might cause concerns for the well being of the sender. It's incredible to believe Zeuszor has left after all the time he has put into the Jesus Christians situation. I mean, it's great that Apollo is taking over and handing the visual archives section even. It struck me that Apollo is the "son" of the mythical Zeus so maybe it's appropriate that Apollo is taking over all of Zeus's duties so aptly if Zeus wants a break from the forums. :) Apollo has really filled the position of welcoming people, apply the rules and almost running the thread when the mods are busy.

I would hate to think Zeuszor has left for good or is in any danger. Hopefully the PM was meant to be funny but it struck me as strange given I have not questioned him on where he is. I don't pry or send people PM's grilling them as it's intrusive. Now that there could be other ex Jesus Christians coming here to post we don't want to appear to be grilling people or sending queer PM's that would frighten people off.

Did everyone receive such a message from Zeuszor?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 08, 2010 01:29PM

I think Zeuszor is probably ok, as he has left the forum before. Maybe he just sent this out en masse to current posters.....?????

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.