Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 13, 2007 02:40PM

Hey RR: I kn ow that that is a lot of posts for one day, but DM kept censoring all of my posts over there at his "forum" and I had to preserve them here. It even says, CENSORED. What a cowardly little pathetic man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: apostate ()
Date: August 14, 2007 05:34AM

Quoting Dave:
[i:d2a21745bb]Cherry just received a phone call from a weighty Quaker who was given the task of asking her to resign from the Ministry and Oversight Committee of our Local Meeting (probably as a prelude to asking her and me to leave the Society altogether). Cherry refused to resign. My guess is that Cherry will simply not be told of when and where future meetings are going to take place.

It's like the call in the first place. I doubt that there will be a minute anywhere in the state that refers to that phone call and the Quaker who was asked to make it. She is part of the whole statewide (and perhaps Australia-wide) gossip mill. They hold their little meetings and cut heads off or mince reputations at will, and never have to give account to anyone for their actions. [/i:d2a21745bb]

What can I say to this Dave. It all sounds soooo familiar. Now that you are on the receiving end of such alleged behavior you cry foul, but when you are doing it to others it is justified.

What should one think of a group that holds "little meetings" while excluding those it is talking about? What should one think of a group that "mince reputations at will", "cut heads off", and "never have to give account to anyone for their actions"? From what I see, the alleged actions of the Quakers are an exact mirror of the JC's and how they behave when challenged.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 14, 2007 05:48AM

apostate:

Let's not be too hard on the Quakers.

They have a good reputation generally and hurt no one.

I have yet to receive my first complaint about the Quakers.

Wish that were the same for McKay and his friends, but it seems he is the business of generating complaints.

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: August 14, 2007 12:59PM

Rick, I don't think Apostate was intending to be hard on the Quakers.
I just think he was just demonstrating the comments that David was himself making about the Quakers.

The things that David accuses the Quakers of doing, are the same things that the JC's themselves have been guilty of.

Everybody on this board, comes from different backgrounds, but I think most would generally be supportive of the Quakers. In fact we are encouraging the Quakers to question more closely their involvement with the Jesus Christians as their good name has the potential to be tarnished by their association.

There is an alternate view that the Quakers may in fact act as a calming influence on the Jesus Christians. That it may be best to let them as as a sort of a peer group to the Jesus Christians and keep them in check.
Knowing Dave's history, he is more likely going to want to control them, then letting them control him.

Dave's own comments about the Quakers are becoming harsher and harsher day by day. Some would say that they have seen it all before with other religions and/or Churches he has infiltrated.

Date: August 14, 2007 05:15PM

I was only just wondering the other day, whether Glenn's employer might be concerned whether he was accessing the Internet whilst at work. Apparently he is, judging by Glenn's post under tolerance at the Jesus Christians site and the three day rest he is now having.

It's a problem in the Security Industry generally, that a lot of Security Officers often neglect their posts and instead of doing their patrols, watching their CCTV monitors, etc get bored and start using their client's computers to go on the internet. Hopefully, that isn't happening in Glenn's case.

To remind peope Glenn G...also know as Ptolemyy Glenn is a 28 Melbourne Security Officer, who wouldn't look out of place at an Elvis look a like competition. He is a frequent visitor to the Jesus Christian sites, cheering them on as they go about their business of promoting cultism in the Christian community.

The microscope is apparently being trained on Glenn now, as his employer is obviously keen to ensure that Glenn is doing the things that he is paid to do. As Glenn apparently, works for a Government Security Agency, we can all rest easy that proper checks and balances are in place to keep our security in check. I for one will sleep a lot easier tonight.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 14, 2007 08:56PM

Private eyes:

Thanks for those comments.

It seems that when people don't give Dave McKay what he wants, he becomes very nasty.

Maybe the Quakers will recall the analogy of a wolf in sheep's clothing?

Date: August 14, 2007 09:35PM

Wow, David his story gets more interesting by the minute. This recently added by him on the thread about smoking on the Jesus Christians website:

“Living in community 24/7 first came to me back in the 1960s when I worked with Dave Wilkerson in New York City. We were working in the first successful program for heroin addicts, called Teen Challenge, and it worked because the people we worked with came and lived together with other Christians where they could get prayer and support around the clock. I thought, "Gee, if it works for them, why wouldn't it work for everyone?" Of course, even with Teen Challenge, the ultimate goal was to get them in a suit and a job and send them back to the system. With the JCs, we spend our whole lives (if we so choose) living together like this.”

Now I guess every Catholic could get away with saying they are working for the Pope. But David saying he worked with David Wilkerson in the 1960’s? This is the same famous David Wilkerson from, The Cross and the Switchblade and Run Nicky, Run.

I am sure we’d all want to add that important information to Dave’s bio. So perhaps Dave can tell us specifically which months and which year in the 60’s that he was working with David Wilkerson in New York City, no less?

Perhaps we can even get the PR guys at Teen Challenge to say how delighted they are that Dave’s work with David Wilkerson, led to the establishment of the Jesus Christians and how his vast experience with heroin addicts in the 1960’s helped them.
[/quote]

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: August 14, 2007 11:13PM

rrmoderator
apostate:

Let's not be too hard on the Quakers.

They have a good reputation generally and hurt no one.

I have yet to receive my first complaint about the Quakers.

Wish that were the same for McKay and his friends, but it seems he is the business of generating complaints.

Thanks for the feed back Rick, but I actually think the Quakers have a lot more going for them than the JC's and want to emphasise the word "alleged" as being the focal point in my post. The Quakers have in fact been very direct with Dave telling him exactly what they think of his nonsense. My only complaint with them is that they took so long to wake up to the wolf in their midst. But now that they have challenged him and are not bothering to play his games of continuing to converse with him he has been made more aware of his lack of influence and it upsets his inflated self opinion.

Date: August 15, 2007 12:28AM

In response to questions off the board:

Ptolemy Glenn apparently told the Jesus Army Online Forum on the
15 June 2007 that he was working for a Government Security Agency.
I am aware that his blog currently lists him as working for Tiffany & Co.

The racist concerns about him, that he speaks off on the Jesus Christians site are probably in relation to his postings on forums, such as, the Right Wing Forum. The Jesus Christians site certainly seems to attract some posters who are "interesting characters".

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: August 15, 2007 06:12AM

private eyes
Wow, David his story gets more interesting by the minute. This recently added by him on the thread about smoking on the Jesus Christians website:

“Living in community 24/7 first came to me back in the 1960s when I worked with Dave Wilkerson in New York City. We were working in the first successful program for heroin addicts, called Teen Challenge, and it worked because the people we worked with came and lived together with other Christians where they could get prayer and support around the clock. I thought, "Gee, if it works for them, why wouldn't it work for everyone?" Of course, even with Teen Challenge, the ultimate goal was to get them in a suit and a job and send them back to the system. With the JCs, we spend our whole lives (if we so choose) living together like this.”

Now I guess every Catholic could get away with saying they are working for the Pope. But David saying he worked with David Wilkerson in the 1960’s? This is the same famous David Wilkerson from, The Cross and the Switchblade and Run Nicky, Run.

I am sure we’d all want to add that important information to Dave’s bio. So perhaps Dave can tell us specifically which months and which year in the 60’s that he was working with David Wilkerson in New York City, no less?

Perhaps we can even get the PR guys at Teen Challenge to say how delighted they are that Dave’s work with David Wilkerson, led to the establishment of the Jesus Christians and how his vast experience with heroin addicts in the 1960’s helped them.
[/quote]

Maybe the PR guys will also confirm that he was not the only David to pass through Teen Challenge.

'David Berg began his professional life as an evangelist for the Christian and Missionary Alliance in 1964. He became the leader of a Teen Challenge chapter in Huntington Beach, CA. in 1967. Teen Challenge was a youth ministry of the Assemblies of God denomination. He separated the group from the national Teen Challenge organization in 1968 and renamed it Light Club. (http://www.eaec.org/cults/cog.htm)

In 1966 Berg's wife and children RAN THE CHURCH IN THE HOME EXHIBIT AT THE NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR. Transported by camper van, they distributed the ' Warning tract' penned by his mother Virginia in 1965 and Dave M was very familiar with it.

It warned readers to
"[i:08950effe0]TURN YOUR EYES TOWARD MEMPHIS (Egypt? or the US city in Tennessee?), FOR OUT OF IT SHALL COME THE GREAT CONFUSION!

The author of Confusion is even now marshalling his forces for this Great Confusion!

He is gathering his forces from a great nation and Eastern nations, friends that will join with him.

So sudden will be the Great Confusion, that it will cause a mighty widening of the eyes of those who have not discerned the signs of the times. But be ye not deceived! Be prepared! And be not deceived by the Great Society, for it will come to travail and then bring forth the Great Confusion!

Be prepared! Even now, the skies are red, red with warning, and black, black with clouds gathering for the Great Confusion which is almost upon you!"
[/i:08950effe0][/color:08950effe0]

Dave left the US for Australia in the late 60's with this warning in his ears.

Berg repeated the warning of an impending doomsday in 1973/74 and the COG began the exodus from the states.

McKay repeated the warning in the his literature ' the Fall of America'

Berg poached many of his early recruits from Teen Challenge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.