Current Page: 72 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 30, 2011 11:17PM

If you want to watch a good movie about cults and the psychology of social influence, watch 1993's Swing Kids.

It's a great movie about the German jazz-oriented youth subculture in 1939 Hamburg. Entertaining and thought-provoking, and with plenty of that jive. [www.imdb.com]

Jesus Christians Uber Alles...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 04, 2011 10:43PM

Here's some hybrid jive, a real mish mash, but it works for me.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 05, 2011 03:03AM

Thank you both Zeuszor and Stoic, for those entertaining links.

David McKay may have a volunteer in Kenya, whipped (in violation of Kenyan law as well as Biblical Principles in the Sermon on the Mount) as once "God" becomes no more than whatever particular interpretation McKay has of him (Jesus whipped the money changers in the temple....why can't we whip this third world national, who will completely coincidentally have no effective recourse to justice, and who happens to be threatening the "integrity" of our operations?)....there is no longer any plausible, intrinsic meaning in the terms "Judge" or "Judgement" when employed by the perpetually self justifying David McKay...these terms become effectively "negotiable" and are simply deliberately abused for the delusional purposes of convincing himself of his own "righteousness" by demented McKay!

I hope this little observation helps Mrs John F.Smith in the course of her biblical studies.

[www.jesuschristians.com]

Date: December 05, 2011 05:29AM

Seems the Wanker has been doing his homework and going for some 'jive'---he offered this poor lady his sermon on the five fingers.

[www.jesuschristians.com]

He's a tryer, you've got to give him that.
Still trawling for a bite, even in his 'retirement' from running a cult.
I hope this is a lady with some experience of the world behind her, and that she knows a scorpion when she sees one.

I was quite offended that Dave McKay used one of my favourite poems as a title. Thank god Manley Hopkins (even the SJ's produced exceptions) is long dead and buried and doesn't have to see his work used as bait to snag the unwary into slaving for the Wanker's retirement fund.

[www.sparknotes.com]

Date: December 05, 2011 09:23AM

DJ
Can you see how you asked a question and then answered it yourself? Often we can do that, and when we do, we are getting one of the main points Graduate B was making in that article, which is that real growth in the kingdom of heaven comes when people internalise truths, rather than when something is pushed onto them from outside.

Personally, I think the two work together a bit, i.e. we can do and say things that trigger something in the other person which jives with their own internal desire to grow, and so they internalise it. But, of course, if there is not that internal desire to grow, then we are wasting our breath spiritually, and what may result is just another man-made organisation.

(quoted from above link)

Just another man-made organization, you say? You mean, one like the Jesus Christians aka the McKay family business? The doublethink evidenced here just baffles my mind.

At least they (the McKays, I mean) seem to be no longer very active in my country. The North American team seems to be "in flux." I count this fact as a small victory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2011 09:24AM by zeuszor.

Date: December 05, 2011 09:59AM

I count it a large victory, Zeuszor.

He has lost his young stormtroopers, and without them to pull in others he has nothing but his fading, oily-tongued charm.
Oh.... where's Cherry?

An Irish/American punk bagpipe band to rock the Wanker to sleep on:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 05, 2011 10:36AM

Salut!

Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: December 08, 2011 05:16AM

Zeuszor-
Are you still part of the Hare Krishna's ?

Date: December 08, 2011 05:33AM

Mark, that's frankly none of your business and is not the topic of this thread besides. With respect.

But for the record: no, I have no formal association with ISKCON at this point in my life, other than having a few old friends who are long-time devotees. ISKCON is an overly authoritarian cult, plain and simple. Personally, I am a Christian.

If there's anything else you'd like to discuss with me that is unrelated to the topic of the "Jesus Christians," the "Australian cult," or Dave McKay then please pm or email me. Thank you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2011 05:34AM by zeuszor.

Date: December 08, 2011 05:40AM

Mark Scheiderer
Zeuszor-
Are you still part of the Hare Krishna's ?

And I was never really a "part of" the Krsnas in the first place. I have known them for years and was never initiated, never anything other than a bhakta. I lived among them for a short period of time and left, but like I said, I was never an initiated and full-fledged member. I was a "part of them" in one sense, but not in another. I was a bhakta, a congregational member, what they'd call a "fringie."

If there's anything else you'd like to discuss with me that is unrelated to the topic of the "Jesus Christians," the "Australian cult," or Dave McKay then please pm or email me. Thank you.

Current Page: 72 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.