Current Page: 71 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 28, 2011 08:21PM

This jive is good too, although a different style of dancing:

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 28, 2011 10:13PM

A timeless little passage of jive there, Zeuszor...How DO you find all these classics on the spur of the moment?

David has a written an (subconscious?) "admonition" to himself....(not that the demented hypocrite is likely to to be able to perceive how his own words, chiefly condemn no-one but David John McKay)...

To wit:

The "Working for God" Myth 22/11/2011 23:54
23 November, 2011

The "Working for God" Myth

I was recently sharing with someone about interpersonal problems that he had had with a number of people in the past, and he freely admitted to having problems with bitterness against these people. But when conversation moved to how he is going spiritually, the report was quite positive, i.e. that he was doing his best to "work for God".

This jump from a focus on core spiritual problems to a focus on outward activity is something that I have often observed in people who are almost frantic in their spiritual activity. They can be the hardest workers, and people will compliment them for all their acts of service. But in their past and in their hearts there may still be a host of unresolved spiritual problems.

Of course, if there is nothing that can be done about something, a diversion may be just what the doctor ordered. I'm not against someone getting busy in order to overcome depression or grief. But even then, in the midst of all our activity, we do need to occasionally take time to reflect on what life is all about, and now that activity fits into the bigger picture.

In the past, as a community, the Jesus Christians would encourage people to question whether life was all about how much money we can make. But the same can be said for how many pieces of religious literature we have distributed, or how many hours we have put in on various committees and charities.

Jesus taught that love was the ultimate requirement for his followers. But it is so easy to tell ourselves that extra hours at the office represent love for our families, attending church services represents love for God, or volunteering at the local op-shop (or political activism) represents love for the poor, when bitterness continues to fester against those who are closest to us. Can we really say that we love God (or the "lost", or the poor) if we cannot love our own families, and our own neighbours?

I'm not saying this to excuse us from outreach, worship, or charity, but I'm saying that all those other efforts may not even start counting until we have made things right with those whom we harbour grudges against.

Jesus said that if we come to offer a gift to God and remember that there is a problem between us and a brother or sister then we should leave our gift there at the altar and go fix things up with our brother or sister first, before proceeding in our relationship with God.

By all means, let us work for God, but let us not forget that reconciliation with those whom we have bitterness against is one of the first jobs on God's list.
Dave

JC dismemberer

[www.jesuschristians.com]

Date: November 28, 2011 10:32PM

Were Bill Miffin to have been in Australia at the time....I'm sure that Bon Scott would have invited him to play!!

(However I take your point, Stoic, from your magical link to the spirituality of the "Pipes" in the lyrical melodies of timeless numbers such as "Amazing Grace"...could I continue to be the uncouth barbarian, that I am though, and still somehow enjoy the pipes,even in more plebeian settings.....

[www.youtube.com] )

Date: November 28, 2011 10:38PM

We would expect nothing else but such mealy-mouthed, opportunist propaganda from the hypocritical 'religious' fascist Dave McKay.

Has he met Bernard Poolman?
They have a few things in common. Perhaps Haw Haw can do the dirty work for both of them, and I will have to stock up on a few crates of rotten tomatoes.

Here's some Joe, filmed when he was dying of cancer, but still piping --and how--to the end:

[www.youtube.com]

Joe knew what he was talking about, unlike the Wanker who doesn't know which end is up, even after all these years.

Date: November 28, 2011 10:50PM

[www.youtube.com]

Yep, lovely. Worth a replay. Equal opportunity pipers too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 10:52PM by Stoic.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 28, 2011 11:57PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
A timeless little passage of jive there, Zeuszor...How DO you find all these classics on the spur of the moment?

Jazz is a uniquely and distinctly American form of music, you know...and I once saw Cab Calloway perform years ago, too. [www.youtube.com]

Gosh, Mal my friend, I don't know; I guess that I just have eclectic tastes in music and enjoy the jive. Dig this: [www.youtube.com]

The latest craze, the country's rage, is jive, jive, jive. This modern treat makes life complete, jive, jive, jive...

Have you ever met that evil McKay man?
Have you ever met that evil McKay man?
oh baby baby baby McKay man McKay man
If he trades you dimes for nickles
and calls watermellons pickles
then you know your talkn to that McKay man
Have you ever met that evil McKay man McKay man
Have you ever met evil McKay man McKay man
If he takes a sudden mania
he'll want to give you Pennsylvaina
oh you know your talking to the McKay man

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 11:59PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 29, 2011 07:34AM

You might like this one, Malcolm--as a peace offering of sorts, a true story as well, and instructive about the changing and hardening of attitudes over time:

[www.youtube.com]

The story, in which the young Adolf, then a reservist corporal, was a notable opponent of the truce:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: November 30, 2011 12:24AM

(Umm..yes....well thank your views young, Adolf...if perhaps you were ultimately unable to quite procreate the master race....at least, it must be "gratifying" to observe your own arrogant opinions blithely repeated among certain of those, you once mocked as the lesser races i.e. Saif Gadaffi)

Yes, I had heard of those Christmas exchanges...amazing incidences really! A credit to the common infantry (and an enormous discredit to the buffoons directing the slaughter for the 364 remaining days in the year).

This is not the best version of "Scotland the Brave" however the accompanying imagery is attractive,

[www.youtube.com]

(but possibly played on PAKISTANI bagpipes.....the mind boggles!!) [en.wikipedia.org]

There was a rather interesting little conference in Canberra (Australia) earlier this month...I wonder if McKay managed to invite himself along.

[www.youtube.com]

Vive le France!! (And one of the presentations!) [www.youtube.com]

And just look around, if you care to...many of the presenters are on youtube.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2011 12:36AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: November 30, 2011 08:12AM

Interesting speakers, I'll watch the rest and let you know if I spot the Wanker in the audience or lurking in the shadows anywhere.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité!!

Xenophon's name keeps cropping up too, he's been working to introduce legislation against the Co$ amongst others as I recall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2011 08:18AM by Stoic.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 30, 2011 09:11AM

All, I'll be watching and will post again someday as I see fit. Don't think that I will not.

I mean, if that's the way that they dance when all the jive is gone, then how must they dance with plenty of jive?

Dave's a viper, sure enough. [www.youtube.com] Seeya.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2011 09:22AM by zeuszor.

Current Page: 71 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.