Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Theohumanity, aka Daniel Stacy Barron
Posted by: ericgrace ()
Date: August 15, 2010 05:59PM

Hi Sionnansinn,

It's been a while since I checked this forum. I appreciate your post and hearing your past experience with Daniel and others involved with him at the time. You may have read my past with him and how I knew Dave and others back in 97/98. I still know many people that have left, only see those still in around Ashland in passing, which I feel sad about sometimes, relieved others, and indifferent at other times.

Last month I found a great picture of Daniel and I when we were in Mexico getting drunk together at the blue dolphin with our friend Linda. We had some great times together then and later on. I feel appreciation for his being in my life, the love he gave me, and the friendship we had for a time, his interest in me, and how he challenged me to grow in many ways. I learned a lot from him. I think I gave him some good things too.

I don't know who he is now. I see him around town every so often, living his life with his family. I hope he is well. And I still feel the pit in my stomach churn at moments when I feel the cultic vibe that I believe is still very real in his life. I could be wrong, but its a body thing, my body tends to be more intelligent than I am. I have largely moved on. Taking the good from the experiences I had, and acknowledging the bad. I don't dwell on it too much anymore.

Interesting that he talked with you about the cult thing. I played a part in his play Josie... that of a man going to therapy thinking he was Jesus. It was a fun role to play and play to be a part of... even though it was a total flop and grandiosity thing for Daniel touted as a things for others.

There was another website that had info about all of these personal experiences with Daniel, some from much farther back... many of them are gone now... a few 'old timers' posted there and I kept the writings. My old post on Gaia talking about my experience is gone now too. I think that is just a thing that happens with time. I still met folks that speak of how people that are in are doing the cut off thing amongst other things. Its sad situation that that pattern hasn't been snuffed out. So much more can come in many situation by other means.

Take care... and if you want to be in contact you can through a personal message to this handle name up above.
Eric

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: graphicbydesign ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:22PM

It kind of looks like the people who used to post here have moved on. I am SO very happy for you all. Just a little update: as for me everything remains the same. Daniel still has his hooks in my son and I cannot have any contact. Holidays are crummy, his birthday is crummy, all the time and things he is missing is crummy. I am considering a class-action lawsuit against Daniel. I have nothing to lose. Have an appointment with a very nasty shark of an attorney. Will let you know how it goes. No one else needs to go through this. Daniel is not qualified to administer therapy and his practice is harmful. You cannot put a price on my loss.

Sincerely Heartbroken,

Melissa

Posted by: not important ()
Date: January 29, 2012 03:03AM

I don't see anywhere on here that actually just lets you "POST" a message so I'll just write here. What's up with that anyways?

I have found so many of these groups out of my desperation to find healing. I will believe anything for a while. One man in another post about Byron Katie said that his body was smarter than his mind and so after a while I knew this was just another group with a leader who did have his hooks in people. I also believe that all these leader and followers are sincere. Sincerity doesn't make the dharma true.

The one thing that has been true in every non-tradtional group, discussion, etc, is that the leader gives approval or disapproval based on how commited the person seems to be to the dharma. (this isn't true in christian churches because they feel they sin constantly..."not perfect just forgiven"
Some of them appear to be intelligent (I watched a youtube video of Byron Katie and I didn't think she was at all intelligent) Their books, under the guise of not being too dumbed down are hard for many to decipher. Daniel does't want "There's no such thing" to be edited so that people can understand the run-on sentences and complex meanderings of his mind. He wants to keep it so that whomever gets it will feel more special that they could "get it". I sure fell for that one.
Anytime a leader stays in the "back room", with the followers in waiting, then enters and sits in front will now and forevermore give me the heebe geebes.

I woudn't warn anyone to stay away. I learned a lot from every experience I have had through the years and if people are happy where they are then fine. I will say that when the leader truly believes that they have reicarnated as Jesus and their main pal is the reincarnated John and there is an entire cast of the bible all in one room that it is just a bit out there.

It is obvious that people don't know what the F to do with themselves on this planet and that whomever rises up to proclaim any way to freedom, heaven, enlightenment, rainbow love and kisses, will market a compelling path and they will try it out. You've seen it before and you'll see it again and again.

I was so depressed after spending a weekend watching the "play" and hoping for some honest to goodness down to earth heart-food, which I didn't get because to be friendly to a person in need of human caring without "knowing" them would be "caretaking", I wanted to die.

I found a book (NOT A SPIRITUAL GROUP) written by a traditionally redentialed medical doctor named Daniel Siegal. The book is called "Mindsight" and he believes the brain is effected by our surroundings and that we can actually repair the damage WITH truly caring help. He uses a phrase that EBE uses (but they say it is a "different" kind of felt...)
He says we need to "feel felt" which I totally believe. The biggest problem is that a person in need has to look through a haystack to find a needle when looking for any therapist or method that might help them. There are no social resources to help people who are looking at traditional methods for emotional healing. However, it is easy to go to any message board and find dozens and dozens of paths of healing. How do people choose? The color of the poster? The photo of the healer? The selection of words? The particular promise they propose? A buffet of enlightenment awaits?

So many people going out of their minds because to be IN their minds is so unbearable.

I feel that every group with a leader is a cult. Daniel says he doesn't hold the corner on truth. If he tells you the sky isn't blue enough times you'll likely start to "SEE" other colors. Their actions pretty much validate their belief in their corner of the Truth.

Posted by: sovereignty ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:15AM

I'm sharing this here because I think the connection between these two organizations needs to be made directly and those who are wanting to be consumers of either to know about it. E-Myth Revisited is a very popular, best selling small business book written by Michael Gerber (who calls himself the "small business guru" ironically enough) and E-Myth Worldwide is his company offering individual coaching programs (up to $1000 a month). The mastery program is quite popular and people drawn to it are often deeply frustrated business owners looking for help to create systems, manage people, and eventually get free of their businesses. My guess is that they are NOT looking to inadvertingly support people who are deeply involved with a questionable group and leader (Daniel).

Michael's ex-wife has been involved with Daniel for many, many years and it seems that the connection is getting much deeper. As a warning to those of you who are looking into E-myth's current coaching programs....as of October 2011, E-myth moved their headquarters to Ashland, Oregon, let go of many staff who worked in their Santa Rosa office for many years, and replaced them with people who are part of Daniel's group. With so many senior members of E-myth's management team (the CEO, Chairman of the Board, COO, Director of Sales, Director of training, many coaches) also being members and some facilitators of Daniel's work, how can there not be a link between the two paradigms? I don't think Michael is directly involved with Daniel, although I don't know.

Question is: do you really want to receive business coaching from people who are so devoted to serving only a tiny majority of the population in "deconstructing their strategic selves?" and receive coaching and sales support from people who follow someone who has a disintegrious and controversial reputation as Daniel has (which is well documented here on this thread) for over two decades now? Both Daniel's process (seminars and private sessions) and E-Myth's programs (esp. private coaching) cost money...guess one way for Daniel's followers to be able to pay for their sessions and seminars with him is to be able to work for E-myth, getting a profit from Michael Gerber's lifetime of work and effort. Both of these are very focused and intense paradigms and are in direct conflict of each others' core values and premises....how could someone coaching you that is involved in both NOT mix them into what they offer you? And, why has E-myth become the undercover operations house for Daniel's followers?

It's your choice to read a book and become involved with E-myth or ebe for that matter, just wanted you to know what pill you were actually taking. Why doesn't E-myth just come clean and with integrity claim the link between the two? Or is Michael Gerber too much of a "premier sentinel" to support in a public way..although they are only too happy to earn money off of him...

Posted by: graphicbydesign ()
Date: May 06, 2012 05:53AM

I think it is time to write a book. I have plowed through a myriad of emotions since my son became involved with EBE, and at the end of the day I am left with heartache and no outlet for it. I cannot bring my son home. He is a grown man and is making his own decisions based on what he feels is right for him. But I am a much more grown woman and need to do what's right for me. Having pondered the idea of everything from protesting, to lawsuits, and just plain sniping the guy, I feel this would be the most productive and effective way to deal with the situation. (Yes I have contemplated shooting him. Of course, that's absurd! But a mother would do anything for her child when she feels he is in danger. Including taking someone's life. Just being honest.) I have done a tremendous amount of research on Daniel and I feel it would be appropriate and helpful to new recruits considering joining, as well as, provide healing and understanding to the affected people who have left the group, and the families it has destroyed. Daniel has annihilated a huge part of my life. A mother's love is deep and unyielding. I cannot just walk away. My heart is broken in a million pieces.

I would love to collaborate with anyone interested in providing content. There have to be SO many more families out there that are in my boat and feel helpless, not to mention how many are like you guys in this tiny little forum! I am mortified by the number of people who are hurt by this "healing project". I do forgive Daniel, because whether he realizes it or not, he is just a man. But I do not have to stand by and keep my mouth shut and do nothing. I simply do not want to ruin the message by way of the delivery and ultimately want to be effective. Any thoughts?

Much love to you all.

Melissa

Posted by: norabegood ()
Date: May 18, 2012 08:30AM

Hello everyone. I live and work in Ashland, Oregon, where I have noticed a huge following of EBE. I recently did some investigating on a small cafe where they have their "talks" and meetings at.
I must say it is quite frighting to believe what these people think of themselves and others in EBE. I coyly go to the cafe to order my coffee in the morning and always have this very strange feeling. Even before I realized the owner (who is from Germany) and the many managers where all evolved with the brain washing cult. I have since gone to another cafe where I feel a genuine connection and atmosphere. I deeply feel for the affected families (like Melissa) and the heartache of this devastating cult. Sadly it has struck in my home town and I don't know what to do about it. I am angry that EBE is sucking in so many people and now some important communtiy members. Just thought I would share my story and hope to get some advice on what to do.

Posted by: jos.hoebe ()
Date: May 18, 2012 10:14PM

hello Norabegood,
Thanks for the information. Can you send us some more? e.g. the name and adress of the cafe, the owner, etc. Here in Hamburg, Germany, it seems they are gone. It is hard to get any kind of information on them.
I agree on EBE as a therapy, but not what mr. Barron is doing with it. This secretive organisation is very strange. But that of course works well to get stern followers, because they will have this great feeling of being better than all the others. And that is very contraproductive to the aims of ebe. Barron is still not doing his own thing really. But that is normal. he is loyal to his own maffia upbringing.

All the best,
Jos

Posted by: norabegood ()
Date: May 19, 2012 08:30AM

Hi Jos. Thanks for getting back to me. I have done some more research and have found out that the owner is from Humburg, Germany as well. His name is Oliver Wald, now called Joachim Wald. The cafe is called "Cafe 116". Here is the website with some info. cafe116.net
They have advertised meetings featuring Trine Ostergaard. I don't know if any of these names sound familiar to you, but they are all involved with EBE. And hold a once a month meeting at the cafe during closed hours. It is truly sad that my home town is growing in popularity in EBE. What can you do or want to do with this information? I feel for the blind employees that work there having no idea (or care) about who they are really working for. I have also noticed they are using E-myth as a business curriculum. The head quarters office for E-myth is just steps from the Cafe, in the same ally way. I hope all this gives an idea of what is happening in Ashland Oregon, my beloved town.

Thanks for the support,
Nora

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 19, 2012 08:02PM

Here is why it is quite right to pay close attention to all this.

Here is part of a thread discussion that goes for several pages about a member of a cult group who is now running for office as congresswoman for Hawa'ii.

[forum.culteducation.com]

If enough members of an authoritarian group buy and own property, or insert themselves into PTAs and local school boards, this can skew the local political process.

When a non democratic, authoritarian group exploits our open society, its right to be alert.

----------
[lachlan.bluehaze.com.au]

Extracts from "The Open Society and Its Enemies Volume 1: The Spell of Plato" by Karl Raimund Popper (Originally written from 1938 to 1943. Published in book form 1945)

"The general guiding principle for public policy put forward in The Open Society is: 'Minimize avoidable suffering'." Followed by: "Maximize the freedom of individuals to live as they wish" - quoted in "Philosophy and the Real World : An Introduction to Karl Popper" by Bryan Magee, ISBN: 0875484360 (Chapter 6)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The vital question is not 'Who should rule?' but 'How can we minimize misrule?" - quoted in "Philosophy and the Real World : An Introduction to Karl Popper" by Bryan Magee, ISBN: 0875484360 (Chapter 6)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In spite of such arguments I believe that Plato's political programme, far from being morally superior to totalitarianism, is fundamentally identical with it."

"Why did Plato claim, in the Republic, that justice meant inequality if in general usage, it meant equality? To me the only likely reply seems to be that he wanted to make propaganda for his totalitarian state by persuading the people that it was the 'just' state."
"What a monument of human smallness is this idea of the philosopher king. What a contrast between it and the simplicity of humaneness of Socrates, who warned the statesmen against the danger of being dazzled by his own power, excellence, and wisdom, and who tried to teach him what matters most - that we are all frail human beings. What a decline from this world of irony and reason and truthfulness down to Plato's kingdom of the sage whose magical powers raise him high above ordinary men; although not quite high enough to forgo the use of lies, or to neglect the sorry trade of every shaman - the selling of spells, of breeding spells, in exchange for power over his fellow-men."

Posted by: jos.hoebe ()
Date: May 19, 2012 08:20PM

hello Nora,

I don't know yet, what to do with the information. It is more for general purpose. Since I met EBE about 6 years ago, I wondered where they were up too. To understand it, I went to it and have some of their trainings. My wife did more. But the more into it the more tied up one became. Everything we had learned, we had to forget, was even forbidden. As if I am not able to understand if something works well.
I don't understand Barron. It seems to me, he has a tick. He wants to be the best, claims to be the best, even of having been Jesus. My god, what kind of nonsense. And all this people go with him, and that is because EBE does work. When you start with it and you work with your emotions, it is really incredible. You start to understand something about yourself and people to is really great, but then by and by, by wanting to understand your premier sentinel, you come into the grip of the organisation.
The appeal is really great. You really want to understand yourself, and because of that, you will give it this try. And then you are lost. With every step going deeper, even more you need the great knowledge of the blessed daniel barron.
This trick does Scientology, the Moonies, etc.
So I gain some peices of information, that if I meet someone, heading in that direction, that I can warn them.
That's all.
It is better to be informed as not.

so thanks for the information. The people you mentioned I don't know. I am out of it, and they will not let me in. Even people I knew are not allowed to speak with me.
I looked at the website and the website of Trine Ostergaard. This is indeed EBE. They says the same things. They all do. They all went this way, it is a good way, but it is also Barron.
I don't know how to expose this man. He is intelligent, cunning, secretive, etc. He is well educated by his maffia family.
Anyway, it is sick, but they have to heal themselves.
maybe this forum will help them one day. that's why I started it.

Jos

Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.