Re: Theohumanity, aka Daniel Stacy Barron
Date: September 13, 2008 07:33AM
I will respond to some of your writing by taking it apart and comment on it thereafter, but first: nice meeting you, as Melissa.
I have read all the posts in the forum on this subject and I have read through the TheoHumanity website in an attempt to get my bearings and understand as much as I can about this.
- That’s very good. You, have to know who you are dealing with.
Turning out as a product of my environment, I wanted to reinvent myself and become an authentic person.
- So it runs in the family. Your son wants that too.
If my son had explained to me what was happening in his process and there had been an offering of education on the subject or better yet, come to a workshop or read a book or whatever, I would have been better equipped to deal with this and understand.
- Yes, that would be a lot better. Barron should tell his students to do that. He should tell them, that it is quite easily to explain, with a lot of examples that the student wants to get out of his wounding. The student does not apologize himself for that, neither does he need approval, but it would be great when he explains his family and friends what he is doing or is going to do. Why not? It isn’t a secret. It is a normal thing wanting to be healthy and whole. So, mr. Barron, I know that someone of your organization or one of “your people” is reading this, so please, take this up in your program of getting people healthy and whole, because isn’t that what you want?
This is the biggest gamble EVER! This whole thing is gambling with my relationship with my son which is one of the most important and valuable things in the world to me. As it is with most people. After receiving the letter and seeing EBE for what it is and is not, there's an instinct with your children like a mama bear that kicks in. This could have been very ugly. And shame on DB for that.
- I understand what you say, but this is really the thing where everyone goes astray. Of course your son is of immense importance and value to YOU, but more to your son himself. The feeling you express is the normal feeling we all have towards our children, I know this myself, I have two sons and I love them, but they are not the most valuable “things” for me in my life. That is me, myself and I and my own growth towards a better understanding of whom I am, What I can be, what I should become, and that I wish my sons too (and everyone). My sons have their own lives and way of living and realizing who they are, what they can be and should become. I only can walk along with them and love them, and support them with what they do and think and feel what the best is for them. I can give them advice, but no orders. They are first free men that have to encounter themselves. The instinct you’re talking about is preciously what we have to overcome or to unlearn. This kind of emotions always leads to violence and worse. That’s where we have to halt ourselves and make the first step towards another kind of being. A being that at least understands that that is not the way. Yes, we love our children, but I won’t kill for them. I am not an animal, but a human being able to go beyond my instincts and unconscious mechanical emotions. I can be a conscious being. And if that is true I have to get rid of this kind of behavior. I have to feel different. The shame is not on Barron in this, but on all of us.
This is where the whole thing becomes a cult. It's as though the students are given a recipe for disaster so that DB is not only right in his prediction of the codependent relationship but now the student has no one left but DB and EBE! That is one of many things that need to be exposed here.
- I agree with you. As Barron does his thing, what is at first a genuine thing, BECOMES a cult, because of it. But the sole thing itself is okay. We all have to understand what has happened to us, how we are deeply wounded and how we can overcome that. Because then we will be able to go in the direction of a real human being. A being of understanding and love. That is what we all want to be. Then we know how to socialize really. Then we can live together in a real society, instead of killing each other because we are hurt in our selfish feelings of vanity and pride. Then we stop making accounts to one and other, because I am insulted. Yes, Barron is making his students dependent on him, but only the ones that cannot overcome this terrible feeling of not been loved, seen, felt enough. They will cling to any kind of surrogacy, if it is Barron, alcohol, heroin, whatever. The intelligent ones will free themselves and will get out of it and take the good things with them. I your son is intelligent, as you say so, he will come back, with a great and new understanding of life and how to live together. Eric can tell you all about it. Also bad teacher can help a lot, for the intelligent ones. For the unintelligent, yes, we have to help them, and only because of them Barron has taken a great responsibility on himself to that. To the unintelligent he will be a father, etc. and he has to learn them a lot. And that whole part, he has to do better. Not secretive, not with lying (as he does with his wife), not claiming something that is impossible (emotional enlightened) and not real (EBE is not a therapy) and a lot of other things. He could do a lot better, and I hope he does, because we really need therapy like EBE. Mankind is becoming mad. Just another few steps and we will destroy ourselves. It’s time for a change. A change in us: to become conscious feeling intelligent human beings instead of dummies that live only by their instincts and violent emotions. That is what we all have to do, and so has Barron.
If his religion is perfect and his heart in the right place then he would have no worries. I would like to commend him on some of his insights and interpretations, but I believe he should answer for his misguidances and arrogance. People deserve to understand all sides of this.
- Yes, you’re right. I hope, by reading all this, that he will understand what he also has to do. And that’s a lot. When he really understands what EBE could be and bring to the world, then he would really guide mankind into a new aeon.
Maybe WE should write a book. I would not call DB out for a public persecution, merely an open platform of point vs. counter point and more importantly to give the potential students (victims) a well rounded and educated scope of this study. In my opinion, that is what is missing. If you know nothing about EBE and you are considering signing up for this regiment of self examination, self sacrifice and eventual discipledom (if you will) of Daniel Barron, there is nothing but this forum to tell you otherwise.
- Again, you’re right and the book we are already writing as on this forum is going on. Would be students could read it and I hope they do. That is the one good thing of forums. They inform ( If you can look trough the bogus). So let us ask Barron directly: Dear Mr. Barron, as you know, I think you are a fraud the way you’re doing now with your work. I think so, because of the things said in this forum and on others like the one Eric is writing on and telling his experiences with you. To me, EBE, could be a wonderful therapy, but you don’t want to have it called a therapy, but a totally new way towards God, or as you name it, Maker. But you also know, that all kinds of ways to Maker, will be exoteric in the end and of no value because of all misinterpretations of would be priests and other glorious people who will make shit of it. So why not start on the exoteric level? Why not start as tool, just to help people to become more friendly human beings? Why do you so insist that it solemnly can be used for enlightenment? The most people are not interested in that, but they are interested in becoming more friendly, more loving, more understanding, more communicative and more able to get beyond instinct and mechanical reactions. Isn’t that the first step? Then EBE, as therapy, could be available to all people and all that people able to take it as a way to Maker, they will do that anyway. And if they come the inner circle, the esoteric, will be there, isn’t it? Could you please comment on this?
Can we learn from him? Yes. Should we follow him? No. Does anybody truly know anything about Daniel Barron, EBE, TheoHumanity or ESH before they sign up, except for what they are told by a follower? No. We cannot let that be. I cannot let that be. Jos, what are your thoughts? I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the awareness of my son's position when he returns. Without that knowledge... I would have most likely destroyed this relationship permanently. I hope to hear from you soon.
- Yes and no. We can learn a lot of him. How it can be done and how it can’t be done. We don’t need to follow him, at best we could be able to understand him, at least his teaching. It would be nice indeed, when his website were more informative to how thing will go along the EBE highway. He could open a forum. He could let people speak for themselves. Now no one can be reached, not even by email. He closed it so much, that now you have to trust “it” to go into it. That’s strange, and doesn’t feel good. So what we can do, is open it ourselves. Anyone interested in EBE can contact me by email through this forum. I can tell them, what EBE is and what they can do themselves and what not, because sometimes you need a helping hand in this. So, let’s do that: open it up. So, Eric, what do you think of this?
In regard to your comment to Eric: you said your son told it by email. That’s a big pity. Probably he shames himself that much, and also feels himself that much anyway dependent in his relation with you, that that was his only way to do it. It will have hurt him a lot to do it, and he could do by mobilizing all his anger, control and self-righteousness he could find in himself. If that is so and if he is intelligent, he will come back the moment he understands his punisher sentinel that hides his feelings of shame and being guilty, and when he starts feeling the terrible feelings of unworthy and being disconnected from the source. Then he will come home to understand his worldly father, mother, brothers, sisters and friends. He will come to check if he can leave them all, as being independent of them. That is the first next step towards understanding the kingdom of heaven. That is where your understanding Melissa comes in.