Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: May 10, 2016 05:34AM

Bob Mumford and Derik Prince repented of and distanced themselves from the shepherds movement in the early 1980s, when did the Hargraves pick it up? Below, you can pull it up and read all about it. They just modeled their thing after something that was already pretty much tried and rejected by others.

Shepherding Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Shepherding Movement was an influential and controversial movement within some British ... Derek Prince and Bob Mumford both publicly distanced themselves from the ... David Moore's 2004 book on...
More »
Go to: Wikipedia · Ask Encyclopedia
Search for: Images · Videos

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 13, 2016 02:37AM

Well, I don't know, you all are missing. Now either the rapture came, and , no you guys are Walk folk you, well, maybe you have become the immortals and are going around toppling governments and banking systems and taking over Hollywood and, and and..

Or, you are upset because somebody said you aint talking about anything interesting....

Maybe you are gathered in the holy land talking to Marilyn up on the stage at Shiloh. . . . Tell her I said hi,,, no tell her I will put out some holy water so she won't haunt my house...

Date: May 13, 2016 08:04AM

Well, I guess I am the only one that is going to post here for a while. I hope it wasn't me that ran everybody away. I hope everybody was not raptured even if you don't believe it and I was left behind, I would hate to be the only one to fight the antichrist hordes.

Just thinking out loud here. I think eventually Hargrave is going to wonder off and not take part in the misleadership of the Living Word Fellowship. They have the opportunity to make up their minds, the people that are left, if they really need to have another cult leader sitting on the throne and dictating to them, or if they are going to take whatever is left of their facilities and just become independent churches, independent of tyrants and dependent on the Lordship of Jesus Christ. I hope that is what they do. I know from experience after I left that thing that lots of churches start off good and end up bad, and some churches that start off bad, can turn into something meaningful and good. I know of one group that used to be on television that was somewhat messed up and they repented and split all up into various factions and some of them ended up being pretty good churches, some not. And they were a lot bigger and lots more people than Living word ever had. It can be done.

But whatever Living Word Fellowship does or does not do depends on the people that are in it now. I guess most do not know it but they have the opportunity to choose, there is a much bigger world going on at the same time as their little microcosim (I guess that is a word) they are living in. The cage door is open, if only the bird would GET A REVELATION it can fly right out.

A good start, for those that read here,I am sure there are some in the fellowship that do, along with Homeland Security and everybody else I guess, but a good start for those that have read our stories, is to buy that book, Rick Ross's book on cults, you can scramble around and order it on this site I believe, I got mine I think at Amazon. Since everybody is being quiet on here and I am tired of reading my own posts, which is one of the ways i talk to myself, i am going to spend a little time reading that book. It's a hell of a read, very good, very interesting.

In case I really do spend a little time doing other stuff and take a break, I hope you guys all know that I really appreciate your prayers, I am doing well, I have come to grips with a lot of things, and i did learn a whole lot in my previous marriage.

One story and I will go for a while. I was at a hospital getting day surgery many years ago, and a nurse came in the room with a different color uniform than the rest of the nurses, and she touched me on my wrist that was getting the surgery and told me that I was going to be fine and the operation would be a success. My first wife was in that little room with me. I went on to have the surgery, and coming back, there were two young women pushing the gurney I was on, and I asked them who that woman was. They stopped in their tracks, and then they said they would push me down farther to look at a picture on the wall. There was a color picture of a class of nurses, perhaps a graduation picture or whatever, and I told them that is the type of uniform they had on, burnt orange like that, the vests were and sort of thin stripped blouses. They said that nurse comes to visit lots of people when they have the twilight drug like I had people see her. Well, that type of nursing uniform was worn in the 1940s. See, Jesus told someone that people do not marry and are not given in marriage in the Kingdom of God, they are LIKE the angels. I believe that when saints die, they go to fulfill other ministries, that is just a belief of mine, I don't believe in death. See, everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die. I think my wife went on to do great things, because she sure did great things when she was on this Earth. She was one of those Pentecostals that we were taught were so worthless. There is a whole world out here of great Christians that are going to serve in the end time, and do exploits.
I hope Living Word Fellowship learns there is a big world out here, and they will become part of it, either as a group or individually. Blessings.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: May 13, 2016 10:58AM

AD ---- I skimmed over the Wikipedia article on the Shepherding Movement. I’m glad Bob Mumford and Derik Prince distanced themselves from it.

What blows me away is TLWF leadership had the nerve to “experiment” with oppressive anti-freedom practices in the first place; we as the congregants were nothing but “lab rats” in their scheming. At this point in time, after all the posts on this forum, it’s difficult to have any respect for TLWF at all.

I threw away all my Living Word material, but it would be interesting to know if Matthew 23:8-9 was ever referenced anywhere.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 13, 2016 11:29AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I guess I am the only one that is going to
> post here for a while. I hope it wasn't me that
> ran everybody away...............

dating yourself?

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 13, 2016 11:32PM

HEADLINE NEWS: The Pursuit of Oneness Through Division

[www.churchofthelivingword.com]

"Matteo (Calisi) has been commissioned by Pope Francis to work in a ministry of reconciliation . . . to heal the divisions and bring oneness to the Body of Christ (which is) kindred to what the Lord has been imparting to our fellowship since it's inception. We have a responsibility to utterly refuse division. This will enable us to be the ambassadors of the Father's love to the whole earth."

The River Denial runs wide and deep.

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: May 14, 2016 01:12AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
> Bob Mumford and Derik Prince repented of and
> distanced themselves from the shepherds movement
> in the early 1980s, when did the Hargraves pick it
> up? Below, you can pull it up and read all about
> it. They just modeled their thing after something
> that was already pretty much tried and rejected by
> others.

According to TLW "folklore" Bob Mumford did a brief stint at Grace Chappell in the '50s. I remember JRS making this comment once.

I worked with a guy who belonged to that group for a while and they were pretty "out there" -- not too different from TLW in many ways. There were actually 5 main guys who were referred to as "The Ft. Lauderdale Five". The published a nice magazine called "New Wine". Speaking of magazines does anyone remember the short lived The Walk magazine?

This "Control Freak" perspective on Christianity isn't unique to TLW, unfortunately.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 14, 2016 08:18PM

SAD NEWS: Rich Lindy Passes Away May 13, 2016

[www.churchofthelivingword.com]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 15, 2016 12:32AM

kBOY Wrote:
> SAD NEWS: Rich Lindy Passes Away May 13,
> 2016

>
> [www.churchofthelivingword.com]-
> lindy/

That's so sad. RIP Rich. He always treated me well.

Date: May 15, 2016 02:00AM

One thing I have noticed is that every now and then I run into a church that has some sort of business the church operates. Most of the time, but not always, there are people from the church that work there, for nothing of course, much like Living Word Fellowship did when they operated the sweatshop sawmill which paid room and board and way, WAAAYYYYY below minimum wage. I was just wondering if Living Word Fellowship still has "kingdom businesses" that are really for profit enterprises disguised as church projects that exist to "get the word out." Since all these decades have passed and they still are not "getting the word out" it should be obvious that even while John Robert Stevens was alive and in charge, they were not on the up and up even then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.