Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: TheSarge ()
Date: May 18, 2016 06:35PM

Ah, yes, the Choses (sp?) who have apparently changed their names to Kjos. Ha! I remember them breakin away after JR'S died. Larry Cotton went with them. I remember their website then, preaching from JRS''s tapes and publications. TLW went after them for copyright infringement. Interesting. I remember talking to him at that time and him trying to recruit me. He seemed pretty crazed and freaked me out a bit. Several families did follow him, though. I'm surprised he''s still around. No mention of Larry Cotton as a pastor with them. I wonder where he is now?

kBOY Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> BREAKING NEWS: Secret Portal
>
> [www.sonsofgod.com]
>
> For those who missed an earlier post regarding the
> above website, the content found here is
> repackaged JRS messages portrayed as their own.
> After contacting them about this issue, it was not
> received well.
>
> They have recently added a separate page entitled
> RESTRICTED TEACHING, which requires a special
> invite, because of course, we would not be mature
> enough to handle the secret content.
>
> Enter at your own risk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 18, 2016 10:01PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BREAKING NEWS: Secret Portal
>
> [www.sonsofgod.com]
>
> For those who missed an earlier post regarding the
> above website, the content found here is
> repackaged JRS messages portrayed as their own.
> After contacting them about this issue, it was not
> received well.

So there's no mention of John being the author?

Posted by: TheSarge ()
Date: May 19, 2016 03:06AM

Here is how they describe themselves now. I think TLW keeps them from mentioning JRS:

"It has been... over 18 years since we first launched the Sons of God website, and the dynamics of what is happening in the earth have changed dramatically.

Our mission statement has continued to remain the same; to see the maturing and preparing of the sons to fulfill their high calling, and see the final breakthrough of resurrection life.

We are so much further into
the kingdom than we realize, for the time of the completion of the work in the sons is drawing to a close.

Many have inquired who we are, what are our credentials, what churches have we pastored, and so forth. We can only say that we have walked this path for over 40 years, more than 1/2 of which was spent in mainstream christianity, pastoring churches. Our credentials - the word that we speak.

-Edward & Anne"

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 19, 2016 03:37AM

Seeing as how it did not play out according to the script 30+ years ago (let alone over the past 2000+ years), there is little cause for us to hold our breath now.

Credentials, crudentials.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2016 03:41AM by kBOY.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 19, 2016 08:32AM

ATTENTION: FRIENDS of Rich Lindy

Rich Lindy Memorial

[www.churchofthelivingword.com]
May 28, 2016

"The memorial and reception are for friends, family, and members of The Living Word Fellowship.
--

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 19, 2016 09:05AM

TheSarge,

Seems distasteful that the Kjos take money for the JRS messages....freely you have rec'd, freely give (Matt 10:8). Sarge I don't know if you ever binged read Factnet? One poster told the story of his/her spouse's death maybe around 1990 and Larry Cotton asked on behalf of the spouse to have the burial at Shiloh but the request was denied. So Larry buried the spouse. I think that speaks well of him.

Also, you once mentioned Amiee McPherson having an influence on JRS. I recently looked her up and learned that she too started her own denomination, popularized "slain in the spirit" and "physical healing." And she wasn't without controversy having divorced twice, went missing for awhile, was described as an hysteric, and died of a barbiturate overdose. Lucky for her Pentecostals are soft on character.

Date: May 19, 2016 11:40PM

kBOY Wrote:
> ATTENTION: FRIENDS of Rich Lindy
>
> Rich Lindy Memorial

> [www.churchofthelivingword.com]-
> lindy-memorial/
> May 28, 2016
>
> "The memorial and reception are for
> friends, family, and members of The Living
> Word Fellowship.
> --

My impression of Rich from the few encounters I had with him, was that he was a nice guy...who didn't use his position in the church to beat people down. That alone is worthy of my respect. RIP Rich.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 20, 2016 02:51AM

changedagain Wrote:
>-
>
> My impression of Rich from the few encounters I
> had with him, was that he was a nice guy...who
> didn't use his position in the church to beat
> people down. That alone is worthy of my respect.
> RIP Rich.

According to the holy internet it appears the teachings of Pentecostalism are taking over Catholicism and much of Christianity and I just can't get behind it probably due to my experience with the "primordial soup" of JRS which was the LW teachings (coined by TheSarge.) That soup included not only the teachings of Pentecostalism but also JRS's freakish creation of a hierarchy of ministries (many unqualified as pointed out by Apostle Dog) who used their position in the church to beat people down while demanding submission and respect. The brainwashing of congregants to cower under that controlling behavior is just plain wrong and flies in the face of decency and the essence of the message of Christ. The fact that ministries twist the scriptures to get the upper hand in lording it over the congregation I believe is wholly unacceptable in the eyes of God and should be resisted at all costs.

Date: May 20, 2016 03:06AM

I can't believe I'm actually quoting a scripture, but here goes:
1 Peter 5
Shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; 3nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock.

I think this attitude among 'ministries' is exceptionally rare. Well, at least in the Walk/TLWF.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: May 20, 2016 03:56AM

I have mun into a few good pastors since I left Living Word. It seems to me that one of the traits that is most common among them, is they are volunteer pastors, usually called LAY pastors. By Lay pastor it usually means not a graduate of divinity school, (which means they don't really hold the slant and twist of any paricular school's version of theology) and the most important common trait, they are unpaid. They get up and go to work for a living and they spend the rest of their time toiling for the people for free.

I recall one old guy in a church in Decatur Georgia, he ran the OVERCOMERS ministry, which was before Celebrate Recovery, but similar, only better. He refused a pay check, he was retired an don social security and pension, he didn't want pay for wha the did. He helped lots of people with serious problems and without any need for them to spend most of their lives praying for him and ministering up.

Another guy I know, in his seventies, he is sent to various churches that are going under by a large Pentecostal denomination, but he doesn't get paid, he is self taught, he has read the bible cover to cover every year of his life since his teens.

There are enough good ministries around that nobody has to sign up to the stupidity that is Living Word Fellowship. There is no excuse for anyone lording it over anyone, and there is no reason that anyone should believe their BS when they are told they are supposed to bow and scrape to leaders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.