> and powers

"Prophets of God Marching Along
At the End of an Age
They are the ones that make things happen
That Make Things Happen
Loosing the Wrong
Judging the Right
As one army they stand..."

It's been a while. My recall of the lyrics is a bit murky. Please disregard this comment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 02, 2016 03:51AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking back over the road chronicled by Woodrow
> Nichols regarding the early days of JRS, he felt
> there was always some special commission he was to
> fulfill in his life. Throw in a doctrine of
> 'manifested sons of God', along with just one more
> endtime scenario, and you have all the makings for
> a movement with a special dispensational focal
> point--a door-opener apostle.
>
> Couple this with visions of prophets marching
> throughout the land, taking down principalities
> and powers, and you have the recipe for LOVE being
> lost in translation.

Exactly......LOVE being lost in translation. There were so many destructive views it's difficult to name just one or two. However, one of the most destructive was that we could not be faithful Christians anywhere else due to the greater knowledge and understanding that we possessed. We would be leaving the truth. It took some time to shake it all off, but I found that I left behind loads of misinformation about the Bible and the ways of God that just didn't line up with God's word.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: May 02, 2016 04:44AM

We’ve discussed many times over the years to what degree John’s word may or may not have been true. I think most of us have come to realize that his word was not as infallible as we were originally led to believe. I recently heard an example I’ve heard many times over the years of the importance of checking “words from God’ with the scriptures. If “God” is telling you to divorce your wife and marry another woman so you can go into “ministry” with her, that’s not God. Typically everyone laughs, thinking to themselves, who could possibly be so foolish? The difference with TLWF is that it was no laughing matter. It happened many times, including with John and Gary, and we didn’t even bat an eye we were so deceived. Marilyn’s will out weighted the scriptures – although it didn’t eliminate the consequences or the truth of God’s word.

True Christianity is more than just doctrines that are accomplished by an act of human will. It’s the energizing of a new nature that can actually obey Jesus’ commands. It really is a living word. We naturally start loving others we previously had no concern for – looking to serve, not be served. His Spirit will bring life to marriages, not tear them apart. John’s words may have seem to be true, but they lacked the power to actually get the job done. All the “revelation” had no legs – it was just fantasy. Men were taking credit for world events that they had absolutely no influence on. As soon as things would go south, they would just gloss over their “prophetic words” hoping nobody would notice. Where were the apologies of the doomsday prophets who wanted to control other’s lives by fear e.g. John in the 70’s or others after Y2K? Old school you got rocked to sleep after one miss. Now we blindly follow the current man or woman of “God” with our brains unplugged.

Spirituality within TLWF circles was more about living in an altered state of consciousness than actually doing what Jesus said. The School of Prophets didn’t produce sons of God who were ruling the world, but people whose lives were so dysfunctional they had to turn to drugs and alcohol just to cope – including John. If it’s really God’s Spirit, people will burn occult books as they did in Acts, not look to them for answers. To suggest they are similar only reveals how far the “Christianity” of TLWF is off track. That openness to spirit voices, thinking it was God speaking, created such destruction many will no longer have anything to do with God at all. They live lives wondering when God is going to drop the next wrecking ball –always flinching whenever “He” speaks. His true word never returns to Him void – it always accomplishes what He sent it to do. The “Faithful and True” brings life and healing - not destruction. After wading through all the oppression of TLWF, it’s wonderful to find out that God is not like that at all – His Spirit breaks the yoke.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: May 02, 2016 05:45AM

I think Larry Bobo said it perfectly. I can sure not add anything to that.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 02, 2016 06:02AM

To quote LB:

"Spirituality within TLWF circles was more about living in an altered state of consciousness than actually doing what Jesus said."

Date: May 02, 2016 07:58AM

SNL: Sunday's Nonstop Laughter

"Today, Step Into His Glory"
May 1, 2016

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

(I am not making this up.) "The oneness we have as a fellowship is the direct result of God's glory resting upon us and a sign that we can have more of His glory."

What more need be said?

Date: May 02, 2016 10:09AM

I think they are already mixing the cya-nade, they are gonna catch the tail of that comet any time now.

BOY Wrote:
> SNL: Sunday's Nonstop Laughter
>
> "Today, Step Into His Glory"
> May 1, 2016
>
> [www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]
> y-step-into-his-glory/
>
> (I am not making this up.) "The oneness we have
> as a fellowship is the direct result of God's
> glory resting upon us and a sign that we can have
> more of His glory."
>
> What more need be said?

Date: May 02, 2016 11:00PM

There is still a small residue of milk & honey amidst all the devastation:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 03, 2016 11:56AM

kBOY Wrote:
> There is still a small residue of milk & honey
> amidst all the devastation:
>
> [www.facebook.com]

I wonder if I win the MF raffle, they would be willing to include my airfare? That would be awesome.

Date: May 04, 2016 04:18AM

I know one of the current members, he was in the church in my house for a little while, before that he was in Frangepane's church in Detroit, and now he is in the one in Colarado. I know for certain he doesn't take what Hargrave says seriously. Nor did he take was Marilyn said seriously, I don't know if she did much talking, I figure if you heard Hargrave, you heard Marilyn. But anyway, since he doesn't take them seriously I bet there are a lot of them in the Walk now that are not all that brainwashed. I don't know that for sure. I mean I was half way joking when I said they might be mixing up the cya-naid, and I was half serious. I bet they wouldn't all put on the same traveling sneakers leave the world if Hargrave were to come out and say that Marilyn decided they were to all come live with her. But, who knows?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.