Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: May 25, 2016 10:59AM

The first seed of deception the enemy sows is to get us to mistrust that God’s intentions towards us are only good, and as a good Father, He has already provided all we need. Starting in the Garden, the Serpent sought to take the place of God, offering to provide something greater than what God had already provided – “you will be as God”. I think many of us were lured into deception by the promise of being a special people with special powers if we would follow the “revelation” of John. Actually, John had nothing to offer of significance that didn’t originate in the teachings of Jesus – the “new revelation” was nonfunctional and just a fantasy. Any life we received did not come from John in the first place – it came from Jesus. A true servant does not use Jesus as a means to make themselves look important – coming up with new doctrines like resurrection life in exchange for obedience or new positions like the Door Opener Apostle or Lamp of Israel. The implication is that Jesus’ provision is incomplete without my special ministry – an age-old proclamation.

After Jacob died, Joseph’s brothers were fearful for their lives. (Genesis 50) But being a true man of God, Joseph wept when he heard of their concerns. “19 But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God?20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 21 So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.”

I would contrast that with proclaiming to be Christ in the earth and then prophesying the death of your wife and daughters. Fortunately, it didn’t have any affect because it was all bogus. I think the serious error of that type of behavior is off most people’s radars. Those that have left TLWF know the judgement that is ministered towards them – we apparently have now been reborn as half alien and are responsible for John and Marilyn’s deaths. We also know the feeling is not mutual, as was expressed by many towards Marilyn and Rich in their passing.

Most of us would love to attend weddings and memorial services for those we love, but we are excluded for suggesting TLWF teaching does not line up with what Jesus taught. e.g. “At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ”There he is!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect – if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time.” Notice Jesus said, “If anyone” – not leaving exceptions for those who can only be perceived by “revelation” - or as Jesus called it, deception. There is no room for a continuing relationship with those in TLWF if you doctrinally disagree - unless of course you are Catholic. Then you can still hang out.

I love the Oswald Chambers quote that says, ”If I put my trust in human beings first, I will end in despairing of everyone; I will become bitter, because I have insisted on man being what no man ever can be – absolutely right. Never trust anything but the grace of God in yourself or in anyone else.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: May 25, 2016 10:45PM

Larry Bobo hit the nail right on the head. That is very true. I think that Living Word Fellowship was and probably stil; is, very similar in thinking as the name it and claim it bunch, in that they believe that you can have anything you can think of, if you just do the right incantations, if you can blab it, you can grab it, if you just have enough faith for it, if you can demand it and believe absolutely. See, the Word of Faith people believe that God is bound by certain principles, and there is nothing He can do other than what we want Him to do, no matter what His will is. I found out that is not the case just recently. God does have the right to ignore a request if He has made up His mind that is not the way He wants things to go.

Both the name it and claim it people and the Living Word People bring God down to their level, or lower, by making Him their servant, and they bring themselves up to His level, or they try to, by supposing themselves to be gods, and whatever they think is God's thoughts, whatever they want is God's desire, whatever they demand is what God must do, and THEY call things that are not as if they were and those things must become if they holler and scream and stamp their feet enough. Well, guess what, they don't happen. That does not work.

JRS was very much right when he said that if they carry him out feet first, turn out the lights and lock up the doors to the churches. In other words, well, we blew it, and God blew on it, go on with your lives.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 26, 2016 03:53AM

Larry and AD......great posts. Three phrases that even today can cause me to become unhinged are get a revelation of it, we demand it or appropriate it.

After attending my first Walk service I took home a bunch of This Weeks and the one that I know sealed the deal for me was called something like Appropriate It which discussed Psalm 37.4. Now there was nothing flaky, weird, or bizarre about believing one could appropriate the desires of one's heart. But later I would realize it was foolish because it just doesn't work that way. Most of our heart's desires are carnal (even if we delight in the Lord) and I now interpret Psalm 37.4 differently and more in line with desiring spiritual things.

Get a revelation of it is a live wire. Beware! When we were told to get a revelation of John, I think many of us thought what does that mean but I though I could use my heart (my love for John) as a basis to judge my inner voice or what I though was a spiritual leading. Now I know our feelings are subjective and can be easily manipulated.

Demand it........now that just makes me sick.

Finally, I just don't understand how TLWF in the name of unity today opens their arms to the Catholics and the great Babylonian paradigm while closing the door to folks who don't agree with TLWF doctrines.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 26, 2016 05:27AM

LR:

To loosely quote the both of us regarding 'appropriation'--"it probably doesn't work that way."

To address your other query as to how TLW can open it's arms to the Catholic Church (with whom it does not doctrinally agree), and not to the rest of the ex-pats (with whom it does not doctrinally agree), the former offers potential greater glory and recognition, while the latter is a collateral embarrassment it would sooner sweep under the rug and forget.

To the Vatican, and BEYOND ! ! !

Date: May 26, 2016 07:24AM

now I know why my ex-Living Worder new friends, and even the old friend that told me I had to get the REVELATION of it, I was trying to find out where in the bible the manifestation of the sons of God, actually become immortal was in the bible other than Romans 8, to see if there was anything backing up that they are immortal and then have to go out and do wanders and ministry and take over the world for Christ, yada yada, the reason I had to "get a revelation of it," that they could not "walk me through the scripture, but I had to "get the revelation of it, was,

you have to have a revelation of John to Get a revelation of it.

The place in the bible that describes when we put off mortality and put on immortality, I already knew about, and it is WHEN CHRIST RETURNS and it ie at the 7th trump, you can not believe it is prr-tribulation without a revelation of the guy that tells you that it is pre tribulation...The bible does not say that.

Date: May 26, 2016 08:59AM

Two of my favorite scriptures. It looks like they happen at the same time. I am no longer a pre-trib imortality Walkite, I'm not even one that believers you have to put on immorality to become non-religious. (notice the spelling, I said IMMORALITY not immortality.)

1st corinthians 15:51-53
Where O Death is Your Victory?
…52 in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”…

Romans 8:18-25
18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. 23And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: May 26, 2016 12:03PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HEADLINE NEWS: The Millennium Rebellion
>
> "Father, Work Your Will In Me"

> May 22, 2016
>
> [www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]
> er-work-your-will-in-me/
>
> "It is a continuation . . . that exposed the
> unbelief and hardness of heart. How deeply God
> needs to change us. We cannot work this in
> ourselves, but we can appropriate it."
>
> After having been a continuous problem now for two
> millennia, we are either not cut out for the task,
> simply refuse to appropriate it, or perhaps, it
> doesn't actually work that way.

>
> Stay tuned for another millennium of messages on
> the subject.

There it is. I have predicted a few possible scenarios. Here it comes--the condemnation. You are not good enough you failed so I will be in Brazil where it is really happening. Does anyone else see or feel that?

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: May 26, 2016 12:12PM

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The first seed of deception the enemy sows is to
> get us to mistrust that God’s intentions towards
> us are only good, and as a good Father, He has
> already provided all we need. Starting in the
> Garden, the Serpent sought to take the place of
> God, offering to provide something greater than
> what God had already provided – “you will be
> as God”. I think many of us were lured into
> deception by the promise of being a special people
> with special powers if we would follow the
> “revelation” of John. Actually, John had
> nothing to offer of significance that didn’t
> originate in the teachings of Jesus – the “new
> revelation” was nonfunctional and just a
> fantasy. Any life we received did not come from
> John in the first place – it came from Jesus. A
> true servant does not use Jesus as a means to make
> themselves look important – coming up with new
> doctrines like resurrection life in exchange for
> obedience or new positions like the Door Opener
> Apostle or Lamp of Israel. The implication is
> that Jesus’ provision is incomplete without my
> special ministry – an age-old proclamation.
>
> After Jacob died, Joseph’s brothers were fearful
> for their lives. (Genesis 50) But being a true
> man of God, Joseph wept when he heard of their
> concerns. “19 But Joseph said to them,
> “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God?20
> You intended to harm me, but God intended it for
> good to accomplish what is now being done, the
> saving of many lives. 21 So then, don’t be
> afraid. I will provide for you and your
> children.” And he reassured them and spoke
> kindly to them.”
>
> I would contrast that with proclaiming to be
> Christ in the earth and then prophesying the death
> of your wife and daughters. Fortunately, it
> didn’t have any affect because it was all bogus.
> I think the serious error of that type of
> behavior is off most people’s radars. Those
> that have left TLWF know the judgement that is
> ministered towards them – we apparently have now
> been reborn as half alien and are responsible for
> John and Marilyn’s deaths. We also know the
> feeling is not mutual, as was expressed by many
> towards Marilyn and Rich in their passing.

>
> Most of us would love to attend weddings and
> memorial services for those we love, but we are
> excluded for suggesting TLWF teaching does not
> line up with what Jesus taught. e.g. “At that
> time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the
> Christ!’ or, ”There he is!’ do not believe
> it. For false Christs and false prophets will
> appear and perform great signs and miracles to
> deceive even the elect – if that were possible.
> See, I have told you ahead of time.” Notice
> Jesus said, “If anyone” – not leaving
> exceptions for those who can only be perceived by
> “revelation” - or as Jesus called it,
> deception. There is no room for a continuing
> relationship with those in TLWF if you doctrinally
> disagree - unless of course you are Catholic.
> Then you can still hang out.
>
> I love the Oswald Chambers quote that says, ”If
> I put my trust in human beings first, I will end
> in despairing of everyone; I will become bitter,
> because I have insisted on man being what no man
> ever can be – absolutely right. Never trust
> anything but the grace of God in yourself or in
> anyone else.”

Is the above in bold really a thing stated out loud?

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: May 27, 2016 12:27AM

Cloudwater – I was making light of being referred to as a Nephilim channel if you showed any type of disagreement with the leadership of TLWF. John tossed the word around frequently and I don’t think many stopped to think about what it actually meant. The Nephilim were the offspring of the sons of God who had interbred with the daughters of men – again jokingly, some think they were aliens. My real point is that is that it was an absurd name to label people who didn’t agree with you. We were so star-struck with John, we simply checked out brains at the door and continued to scream “Death to the Nephilim!” who apparently looked mostly like Martha. Many local churches in TLWF have been instructed not to have contact with those who have left – especially those who were involved in any type of leadership. The fact that I disagree with TLWF doctrine (and I would suggest so does Jesus) has no bearing on my love for people in TLWF, and I think that is true for others as well.

On another note, I finally bought “Twisted Scriptures” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar that many have recommended. What a great book for ex-Walkites! As with many books that deal with spiritual abuse, they seem to be custom written for TLWF. One eye-opener is to know that many other groups have done the same thing – TLWF is not as unique as they claim. I think it may be one of the reasons fellowship with other Christians outside the group is discouraged. God forbid that you escape the spider web of deceit.

Along the same line, I saw a great quote on Facebook – “When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth just like you did.” Many of us have had a few facts about us distorted to paint a picture that is not the truth. I wish I could say it was not deliberate, but the church mouse has attended some elders meetings after I left, and I know that is not the case. Perhaps our greatest influence on TLWF is to just get healthy ourselves – in spite of “God’s judgement” on our lives.

Date: May 27, 2016 02:52AM

You know, on just about every subject, whether you are talking about the meaning of bible books, chapters, verses, or even words, there is always somebody that sees it another way. I was skipping around the internet the other day and happened to come up Nephilims and I saw another version of it I had never heard before. The idea there was that the Nephilim were the good guys, they were God's angels, not fallen angels, at the time, and they were infested from the evil of the women they mated with, and the giants of course were born to the women.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.