Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: March 30, 2016 03:33AM

Sarge and Cloudwatcher,

Great points. The physical torture was excruciating as well as the spiritual. I seem to remember JRS bringing an Easter word that Christ's last words were a fulfillment of Psalm 22. I don't recall JRS saying this is my opinion or my interpretation.

I hear ya Cloudwatcher. In a healthy church members can ask their pastor was that your opinion or interpretation or how do you know God gave you that information. In an unhealthy church the members lose their confidence in approaching their pastor with such questions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 30, 2016 04:57AM

THE JEWEL:

"If you have this "love" and caring for people, that is really what it is all about, IMO."

Beyond that, no books are required.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: March 30, 2016 06:25AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sarge and Cloudwatcher,
>
> Great points. The physical torture was
> excruciating as well as the spiritual. I seem to
> remember JRS bringing an Easter word that Christ's
> last words were a fulfillment of Psalm 22. I don't
> recall JRS saying this is my opinion or my
> interpretation.
>
> I hear ya Cloudwatcher. In a healthy church
> members can ask their pastor was that your opinion
> or interpretation or how do you know God gave you
> that information. In an unhealthy church the
> members lose their confidence in approaching their
> pastor with such questions.

My point is that G continually makes statements like this to segue in to what he wants to put across. And most of the time they are erroneous, unlike this particular one where you could make some case after carefully analyzing the psychological impact of being crucified. Who isn't gonna give a primal scream out to their father or mother or family, or God.

And this seems to be saying--in other words, that what is to be taken away from this is not salvation which is complete and ends the separation from God, but yet another experience as important that is LOVE. YOu have to get the love of God and get it good. It is as if salvation is not enough and you have to strive on top of all the words devote and grief of losing God and so on and so forth, to tiring and just another trip around the mountain.

I could swear it is similar to a swirling toilet and that one turd just will not go down.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 30, 2016 08:18AM

THIS JUST IN . . . (Cannot vouch for it at all.)

"Get ready to be converted. Hulu's new original series, 'The Path', is the insane and compelling drama about cults that you need to watch."

[www.youtube.com]

I guess we can 'enjoy' and compare notes later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 08:32AM by kBOY.

Posted by: TheSarge ()
Date: March 30, 2016 08:46AM

kBoy, I may not watch this for a while -- it may trigger my PTSD. But I will look foward to y'all''s discussion!

kBOY Wrote:
> THIS JUST IN . . . (Cannot vouch for it at
> all.)

>
> "Get ready to be converted. Hulu's new original
> series, 'The Path', is the insane and
> compelling drama about cults that you need to
> watch."
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> I guess we can 'enjoy' and compare notes later.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 30, 2016 09:17AM

I'm gonna HOOK UP with these "people," after all (we know who they REALLLLLY AREEE) YEP,,,

-----------------------------------------------------
> THIS JUST IN . . . (Cannot vouch for it at
> all.)
>
> "Get ready to be converted. Hulu's new original
> series, 'The Path', is the insane and
> compelling drama about cults that you need to
> watch."
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> I guess we can 'enjoy' and compare notes later.

Date: March 30, 2016 12:47PM

I know that we focus mostly on the Living Word Fellowship, that is the church that we know turned bad at some point. But I am considering taking a different approach as I look at the Walk and as well as lots of churches that are not listed in these forums, that really should be. This is a principle of Jesus Christ that happens to be recorded in the book that some have decided that is not valid. I personally believe that they should reconsider that and read it again, deliberately and prayerfully having the Holy Spirit re-focus their minds so that the parts that were amplified and twisted way out or proportion to their importance in the their Walk experiences are considered in context to their intended meaning.

All authority was given to Jesus to be the judge, Jesus said it Himself, that the Father judges no-one, Judgment was given to the Son. The Walk was all about JUDGEMENT, judge this, judge that, but JESUS at this point in time is not judging anybody. Read the BOOK, Jesus is sitting at the right Hand of the Father making intercession for us. And by US, that is ALL of US, even Hargrave. Jesus will judge, be we will never have that right. We should be doing as Jesus is doing, and I repent and apologize where I have judged, it is not my job, that job belongs to Jesus, and right now, He is praying for us, He does not want to judge or dam anybody……..

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 30, 2016 11:42PM

TheSarge Wrote:
> kBoy, I may not watch this for a while -- it may
> trigger my PTSD. But I will look forward to
> y'all''s discussion!

I'm going to take a chance that it won't trigger mine, and watch a portion of it.
Wish me the best.

post #598

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 31, 2016 12:28AM

I recently finished reading the book Cloudbreak, California by Kelly Daniels. I really loved it. There are some sections that discuss life in the LW church as a kid growing up. Really interesting viewpoint. But the fun surprise was the whole rest of the book. I couldn’t put it down. Kelly is a great story teller and this book takes you on some interesting adventures and into matters of the heart. It is interesting reading about a young man shaped by his family dynamic and (partially) by growing up in the toxic LW church. I highly recommend this book.

Date: March 31, 2016 01:08AM

I just ordered this book too and I ordered the book that Mr. Ross wrote as well. I was hoping that there would be some books come out from more of the people that were in the Walk. One thing about it, although the Walk, to me is THE CLASSICAL example of the struggles churches face, the pitfalls, the hazards, the mistakes that ministers can make, really the attacks that Satan pulls off on people that are truly seeking God, it is actually no different than what can happen to the church on any corner. It is a story that needs to be told. Lots of ex-Walk members that left when JRS died because of the obvious insanity that took root and grew, think of us as blowouts or worse. Yet I think most of us would love to see the leadership of the Walk repent and see the light themselves and make amends where they can, and the Living Word Fellowship become a healthy church.

paleface Wrote:
> I recently finished reading the book Cloudbreak,
> California by Kelly Daniels. I really loved it.
> There are some sections that discuss life in the
> LW church as a kid growing up. Really interesting
> viewpoint. But the fun surprise was the whole
> rest of the book. I couldn’t put it down.
> Kelly is a great story teller and this book takes
> you on some interesting adventures and into
> matters of the heart. It is interesting reading
> about a young man shaped by his family dynamic and
> (partially) by growing up in the toxic LW church.
> I highly recommend this book.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.