Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 25, 2015 10:34PM

DEATH TO _______________!!
(fill in the blank...there are so many channels to choose from)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:01AM

Come to think about it, I don't recall reading that Jesus ever prayed like this.

Date: June 26, 2015 03:21AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come to think about it, I don't recall reading
> that Jesus ever prayed like this.

At least not according to Luke 9:54-55:

"When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them." And they went on to another village."

I like the fact that He said his purpose was not to destroy lives...as though there were those that did that and considered themselves godly.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 26, 2015 08:34AM

Do you remember the Hebrew Greek scholar GUstav Hoyer (escaped Nazi Germany) who lived at Shiloh for a time working on mathematical structures of the Bible. It was rumored that Hoyer warned JRS that the violent intercession (death prayers) of the little people (spiritually immature) would not help JRS and would result in the intercessors getting sick. Think about it....the death prayers the godly church leaders were asking of and in some instances demanding of the congregation would make them sick. I also recall reading on Fact Net about Hoyer from a poster who's spouse was in the ministry in the Valley Church (and who in my opinion didn't bs much) the same warning from Hoyer to JRS about the intercessors becoming sick.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:02AM

It would seem that humans are only allowed to bless others in word and deed. Contrary to Old Testament physical examples of conquest and
genocide, Jesus prefers that we leave all the dirty work for the angels. For every action there is an equal opposite action, both physically and spiritually.

(My brother in law firmly believes that “Nature has a way of correcting stupidity”)

Date: June 26, 2015 11:19AM

So much sanctioned hostility. If people didn't get sick physically, it certainly wasted away a portion of their humanity. What a waste!

Posted by: Factoverfiction ()
Date: June 28, 2015 10:43PM

Just popping up on the net. Recent burnout. Been in TLWF for most of my life. Read this entire thread, a lot of sorting through the ashes of a warped theology but I'll be PMing many of you. My opinion is that, as Paleface and rrmoderator have said, there needs to be more truth to jar the new generation from the lies they've been fed. We never asked questions about Donna, Martha, or the 80s in general. The kid, Michael Buckingham, seems like a stretch, and exaggeration will embolden the flock. JRS did "bring satan down," and there were signs and wonders at the first ampitheater show. Great emphasis is still put on 1-3 hour worship services and bless-ins. There have been longer ones at camp. Groupspeak during intercession is still very much alive. There are multiple G&M properties, and Brazil is growing. One major problem is that G&M value control over extravagence. In the eyes of many, their empire is harmless--once you get past the emotional toll it is taking on members.

Most frightening is the recent step into the collegiate world that Gary has taken. He grabbed an online degree from a Southern Christian University, and is encouraging the 5th gen to enroll in Shiloh U, a new university that has miraculously been accredited. It's all about control, they were losing too many young people to the powers and principalities of the college world.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: June 29, 2015 12:12AM

lily rose wrote in part: “Think about it....the death prayers the godly church leaders were asking of and in some instances demanding of the congregation would make them sick.”

-------------

The scriptures are against death prayers. Jesus is against death prayers. The Holy Spirit is against death prayers. God is against death prayers. Yet, we prayed death prayers and did intercession for death.

Another total indictment against cultic, whacko, false church authority.

Church = following the leaders into hell.

I think we’re guilty, all that’s left is a waiting period to see if we find forgiveness on Judgment Day.

Date: June 29, 2015 02:56AM

Welcome, FactoverFiction. Glad to hear you've separated yourself from TLWF.

<We never asked questions about Donna, Martha, or the 80s in general>

Gary pastored the first church I was involved in (Redlands). Donna was his wife at the time, and both my wife and I found her to be very down-to-earth, ebullient and kind. I knew nothing about Martha personally, other than what I was told at a "special service" (she was a nephilim channel).

<The kid, Michael Buckingham, seems like a stretch, and exaggeration will embolden the flock.>

Was that the allegation that John was his biological father?

<Most frightening is the recent step into the collegiate world that Gary has taken. He grabbed an online degree from a Southern Christian University, and is encouraging the 5th gen to enroll in Shiloh U, a new university that has miraculously been accredited.>

Miraculously been accredited? Interesting.

Posted by: Factoverfiction ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:22AM

Early in this thread there was a lot of talk about John fathering a son in the Blix House. I can confirm that JRS has become more prophet than man since the 90s. People would still talk about his psychic powers of being able to make everyone in the congregation sit down as if a force had seated them, other times they'd fall over and wail in the spirit.
People talked about this giddily, like "they weren't really supposed to talk about JRS's mystic side, or the menehune spirits that guard his grave." but it's very much believed that JRS was close to "ripping the veil between the spirit world and the physical."
Gary has since spotlighted many mystic spiritual gurus like Mahesh Chavdah and even Todd Bentley (briefly). They'd be showered with praise, but when their purpose of showing the congregation that we were "not alone" was up, they'd distance themselves from these individuals.
I've been "slain in the spirit" by Gary, also by Mahesh. It's probably got a lot to do with the 4 hr worship service that precluded it. I sobbed uncontrollably, some people went into laughing fits. All of us had our faith in Gary's word strengthened by the emotional bliss we experienced.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.