Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: poliscigrad ()
Date: July 02, 2015 10:55AM

Lily Rose,

I am a university professor, and I can assure your father that not all professors are leftist communists. He would be pleased by most professors at George Mason, Texas A&M, and several other places (including UC Berkeley).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: July 02, 2015 09:13PM

Gary gets really bothered when you wear a UC Berkely "Cal" hat to a ministries conference.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 02, 2015 09:53PM

Factoverfiction Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I think the deciding
> point for me was when I eavesdropped on an APCO
> meeting that was restricted. I heard Gary yelling
> at the pastors, saying, "Admit it, the reason we
> don't have evangelism in this church is because
> you don't want it."

Gary needs to stop taking out his frustrations on all his underlings, and realize that whatever he is yelling about, he is guilty of it as well--perhaps more so.
But that would require he have a nature change...from a cold, calculating church leader (40+ years experience), to someone warm and emphatic...who would naturally draw people into the fellowship.
Perhaps people are smart not to entangle others in TLWF...why spread the misery?

Date: July 02, 2015 10:59PM

"Gary gets really bothered when you wear a UC Berkely "Cal" hat to a ministries conference."

lol... I wonder how he'd react if someone wore a Che Guevara shirt to a ministries conference.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: July 03, 2015 12:12AM

Factoverfiction Wrote:
I think the deciding
> point for me was when I eavesdropped on an APCO
> meeting that was restricted. I heard Gary yelling
> at the pastors, saying, "Admit it, the reason we
> don't have evangelism in this church is because
> you don't want it."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some History:

Grace Chapel of Southgate had many prophetic words spoken over the church. There was to be an out reach to the local neighborhood, which was spoken prophetically that the church would be filled with new members from the surrounding neighborhood. Believing and in preparation for the fulfillment of what was spoken - certain members were given a word to learn Spanish and did so.

There were members of the church who did not want the church to be sold because they were still holding on to and believing for the words spoken over it, to be fulfilled.

One member wanted to buy the church and had the money to qualify to purchase Grace Chapel - wanting to keep it and see the unfulfilled words over the church fulfilled but they refused to sell it to him.

Grace Chapel through years of sacrifice by it's members , had been paid off and the property had to have brought a nice hefty profit to the seller and owner of the property..

Date: July 03, 2015 03:29AM

Invisible's story about the sale of Grace Chapel, South Gate, and the prophecies about evangelism say something to me about 1) the nature of the Living Word and Living Word prophecies and 2) our vulnerabilities which led to becoming victims of the Walk's power play.

In Isaiah 55:10-11, we read "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. 12"For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.…"

The fact that there were prophecies about Grace Chapel which could never be fulfilled given the sale of the property indicates clearly that those prophecies were not Words from God, despite our belief that they were. Our vulnerability to all sorts of psychic injury is based centrally in our belief in some minister with claims of special revelation. There is no special revelation. Instead, there are charlatans who convince people that they have special revelation.

I can say with confidence that Shiloh will never be the center of the universe, we will never see resurrection life, we will never see the nations submitting to the Apostle to the Kingdom, we will never see the redemption of our bodies on this side of the veil. Moreover, none of the non-trivial prophecies (and only some of the trivial ones) will come to pass. The Walk should change its name to Ichabod.

Date: July 03, 2015 07:20AM

changedagain Wrote:

<emphatic>

I think changedagain meant empathetic. The fact that he can not spell it, is obviously a sign that he does not have it.
Anyway, here's wishing everyone a great Independence Day weekend. Remember--this would an ideal time period for you to renounce every last vestige of individuality!

Date: July 03, 2015 07:58AM

Invisible Wrote:

> Grace Chapel through years of sacrifice by it's
> members, had been paid off and the property had
> to have brought a nice hefty profit to the seller
> and owner of the property.

Yes--no doubt.
Welcome back to the forum, Invisible!

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: July 03, 2015 08:14AM

I was thinking recently how great the writing was on this forum by those who post. But it's really the stories that help with the healing.

Invisible, Graceland was not my home church but maybe if I had to choose a good memory from those days, it would be the times I attended that church. There was something there. I am glad to read your post and have missed your writings. Many of your prior posts not only were healing for me but provided a chronicle of the LW.

poliscigrad and paleface: If I were invited to a ministry conf on Independence Day, I might select to wear a shirt with fake boobs printed on the front knowing I would be forbidden from entering anyway.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: July 03, 2015 08:52AM

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights;
that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

I honestly believe the above lines are more anointed than any Christian Scripture. My designated shepherd could sense this in me,
and that is why there was constant unresolvable friction between us.

Better to be free than to be “colonized” by TLWF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.