Mankind project
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: May 06, 2006 09:04PM

you are correct. that is your humble opinion

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: May 06, 2006 10:46PM

I would like for someone who is or have been in MKP to answer some of the statements that I have made on this site!!!!!!! Read my posts!!!!!!!!!!! None of you seem inclined to answer truthfully. What about your "integrity" how is keeping secrets from your spouse considered "integrity, and honesty?" How is talking to a group of people that have no training in counseling and have no legal responsibility of confidentiality suposed to be "trust worthy"? How is a wife, then supposed to feel confident in speaking with her spouse about things and trust that he will keep those issues within their relationship and not with a bunch of "hoo haa men?" How is a wife supposed to keep her ability to trust her spouse to keep her "secrets" within their relationship? You guys seem to have no "real" integrity and honesty within this issue.......... Read my previous posts god damnit, all of them.... and answer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mankind project
Date: May 06, 2006 11:03PM

You state... The people calling this a "cult" don't want to talk about that...
MKP is listed under a government site as being a "watched" LGAT.....LGAT is under the heading "cult" and "watched" because of concern as to how they are doing things and treating people and the amount of money's required and their recruiting techniques.

LGAT is an acronym for "Large Group Awareness Training."

An LGAT is a mechanism for promoting awareness change and rapid, thorough commitment to a cause or idea. LGATs tend to be brief but intense sessions of a few hours or days in which, ideally, participants adopt the message of the 'training' promptly and enthusiastically.

Some see the classic LGAT as utilizing [b:fbf810f054]peer pressure [/b:fbf810f054]and group dynamics in a [b:fbf810f054]high-pressure [/b:fbf810f054]sales environment that promotes uncritical [b:fbf810f054]psycho-babbling [/b:fbf810f054]togetherness and thus markets [b:fbf810f054]nebulous memes[/b:fbf810f054], and as [b:fbf810f054]fostering a propensity to recruit new participants[/b:fbf810f054] into a participation-oriented [b:fbf810f054]pyramid scheme [/b:fbf810f054][b:fbf810f054]under the guise of providing useful training[/b:fbf810f054].

Others see LGAT as a group mind methodology that can be used to accelerate training in specific skills. Improvisational comedy is an example of a skill that is, typically, taught via group-awareness training.

The following information can be found through International Cultic Studies Association www.culticstudies.org which I found through a link at firstgov.gov

Historically, LGAT origins trace back, at least in part, to the encounter group movement of the 1960s.

[b:fbf810f054]LGATs include:[/b:fbf810f054]

Context Associates
est/Landmark Education
Exegesis
Garden Company
Insight
Lifespring
[b:fbf810f054]ManKind Project [/b:fbf810f054]
Momentus
Training Phoenix 2000
PSI World
Silva Mind Control/Silva Method
Sterling Institute of Relationships
Whole Mind Learning (WML)
Life Training / Kairos Foundation

Mankind project
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: May 07, 2006 02:03AM

cb1000rider,

I think men and women hold in anger. It is human nature to not lash out every time someone hurts us. This is not exclusive of men. I do not think most of us had a perfect childhood. Some worse than others. You cannot live in the past of everyone who hurt you. I believe in a marriage, that is where the hurt feelings could and should be shared. Between two people who love each other and are committed to each other. I personally had a horrid childhood, however, it does me no good to dwell on my parents poor judgement. I can only assume they did the best they could with the tools they had available. If I were in a place where I was told to figuratively "kill" my parents, I would walk out. As an adult, I can accept where I came from and grow from there. I need my loved ones (family) to be there for me. I do not believe a group of men/women I just met "love" me and will always be there for me. IMO, that is bullshit. The case I spoke of, the man DID feel his family was being replaced by MKP. That is what I got from his post. You are in one group, you do not really know what goes on in every group.

I personally say to my husband what I feel. If I think he is being an asshole, I will tell him that. I might even say that about him to a girlfriend. However, I would not like it if she called him an asshole. In the big picture, being encouraged to say "f*ck that bitch" in a public forum is wrong. Listening to other men say that about your wife is wrong. All marriages have problems and arguments. Some serious, some not. I personally think listening to others speak of your spouse disrepectfully only encourages a sense of entitlement as in "yes, I am right, and she is wrong, even these men agree with me". I do not feel it releases anger, it encourages anger toward the spouse. Of course, if I have an argument with my husband, and tell my friends, they will agree with me. Unfortunately they only hear my perspective, not his. So I get the entitlement of being right and him wrong.

In a marriage, these actions will further weaken the marriage. I think that is why I have heard of so many divorces after men join MKP.

I do not think MKP is about wife bashing. I do think it is about manipulation. I think it is about being more loyal to MKP than your family.

Even tho my husband has dropped out, he still gets emails. It is always about attending I-group, working a NWTW, going to a brothers dance, doing cleanup at the facility, going to a graduation, attending further training, etc. If he did all of this, there would be no FAMILY time. And I have read of husbands who are this committed to MKP. It comes way before family time.

I have long term friends. I would never commit that much time to them. I do not even commit that much time to my siblings. And these are people I love. I was once told by someone that to have a happy marriage, most of your recreational time must be spent together as a couple. When both parties find their leisure time spent apart, the marriage will eventually fail. That does not mean every waking moment has to be spent side by side. However, my husband is like most men, his work is demanding. If he spent the time MKP encourages him to spend with them, there would be no time for our marriage.

These are some of the reasons I feel MKP is a detriment to marriage. Look around at some of the men you know involved in MKP. Are they at everything. Are they the first to volunteer? If so, where is their family? Who comes first in their life.

Mankind project
Date: May 07, 2006 09:48AM

cb1000rider,

please explain how a person has a fabricated opinion?. That is what you said about my post. Obviously, only your opinion is honest! An opinion is how I see something and my views on it. How can I fabricate that.

Are you trying to say my thoughts, feelings, opinions have no value with you? If I were a "brother" is this how I would be treated if I shared my thoughts with you? Is this some of your integrity you learned at MKP?

Mankind project
Posted by: cb1000rider ()
Date: May 09, 2006 12:28AM

what2do
cb1000rider,

please explain how a person has a fabricated opinion?. That is what you said about my post. Obviously, only your opinion is honest! An opinion is how I see something and my views on it. How can I fabricate that.

Are you trying to say my thoughts, feelings, opinions have no value with you? If I were a "brother" is this how I would be treated if I shared my thoughts with you? Is this some of your integrity you learned at MKP?

If you were stating as a fact that his family was being "dismissed" - I would call that a fabrication.

If you were stating as a matter of opinion that his family was being dismissed, I'd disagree with you as a matter of opinion.

We don't always see the world through the same pair of glasses. You are correct, I should respect your opinion. I've seen similiar work and I've never felt like MKP was dismissing family. Maybe my weekend was different?

Is it possible that group leaders were making that statement to make man feel supported by the people within the group?

If you have statistics on divorce post-initiation, please provide them. Otherwise, you're spreading rumor and fear. I don't disagree that MKP could be a life altering event for some people, especially with repressed homesexuality and a host of other problems that men face. Let's not post about the feelings of other men, unless you are that man. If we are going to claim that divorce is a common side effect of MKP's initiation weekend, perhaps we should list some of the more positive impacts that MKP has in men's lives also? You know, seek a little bit of balance and objectivity when reporting on this "cult".

If you are offended by the fact that MKP asks your husband to keep secrets from you, I respect your feelings. I don't know the reason(s) behind why the leadership chooses to do that and can see the potential for problems. I can understand why MKP might want to keep initation secret from the public in light of going through the expericene. If I knew of the procedure before going through it, it would have taken away from the experience.

If you don't like men verbalizing things that they sometimes think, I can understand why such verbalizations might offend you. At some level, the man that you spoke about "f*ck that bitch" was being encouraged to express his feelings to other men. That particular choice of words is unfortunate, but don't let it distract you from the deeper process of expressing that wound and beginning to heal from it.

I undersand and agree that if you have an argument with your husband and tell your friends, that they will agree with you. I understand your perspective. Try to understand me when I tell you that such is not what this sort of interaction is about. It's not a discussion of what the wife did wrong for the day, it's not a break down of why it occurred, or whose fault it is. It's identification of feelings. A therapist I knew used to put it this way: "feelings just ARE". We're talking about a feelings and wounds here, not identification of fault or marriage and family counseling.

I agree that MKP could cause issues with "family" time. I get the same emails. I personally believe that some men who live with integrity don't need MKP... But for some, family time may not be a good thing and MKP could *possibly* lead them to become better fathers and better husbands.

Mankind project
Date: May 09, 2006 10:26PM

Tim
Skepticmd,

Unfortunatly these post are not entirely accurate. How could they be. I hear a lot of anger and fear... and trust issues. I am also open for questions about the mankind project.

From your statements you are an MKPer???? If so are you "man" enough to answer and comment on my following statements? Do you have the "Guts"? ..............

I think is takes a more of a man to share these personal things with your wife and a coward to keep them secret!

What started my worries was the fact that my husband drove our new "used" car about 300 miles to get to where the meetings were. He promised to call me when he got there to let me know that the vehicle made it there safely. He left on a Friday noon, he never called, I didn't know anything until he got home about 2am on Sunday night. We had a mild argument over this, and then this continual, I can't tell you that to almost every question I asked. Only that he could tell me how he "felt". I was so frustrated. I started thinking, what kind of group that is supposed to be healthy for a family would do this to a family, make the men feel as if they have to keep "secrets" from their spouse? And yes, I understand that sometimes, men need groups that they "hang" with, that they don't tell much to their spouse, I understand that, but not to every single question. What kind of "integrity" is that? Which is what he kept saying, I have to keep my integrity and not speak about this weekend. I was feeling as if I was being asked to "throw away" my integrity and allow this kind of "secret" into our 20 year relationship. I was very afraid for him and for us. And then he started trying to talk me into going to a "weekend retreat". NNNOOOO I said. So, I started researching, coming up with nothing, except their websites which of course is all about how good they are. I also started calling my state agencies and realizing, they are not listed as a business, or non profit or or or. AND that a link from firstgov.gov listed them as an LGAT. This made me nervous, I do have the understanding that some LGAT's can be beneficial, but, one with no info about them anywhere, no nonprofit listings, no business licenses, and the fact that they wanted my husband to "pledge" money's to them and give them money on a continual basis, I felt these people were playing with fire. Then I found this site, and, here I am. And my husband was "VERY" gungho about the weekend.

I also started calling my state agencies and realizing, they are not listed as a business, or non profit or or or, actually since this statement I have found many IRS forms in regards to MKP using seudo names to hide who they are. Seems to be a couple million that is going into someones pockets!!!!!!!

I have issues with where the money is going, and with their secretiveness. I feel that they need to become more aware of how their action's can be "VERY PAINFUL" to some families and somehow start dealing with this other than telling the spouse to keep everything secret. Integrity seems to be a large part of this group and as far as I am concerned secretiveness has nothing whatsoever to do with integrity. I feel that part is wrong and that they are breaking their own "rules" in this regards.

I do understand that I could be up against him having some ideas "that he was brainwashed" with. AND I AM TRYING TO PROCESS. This really F***ING sucks, having to fight my gut feeling with what my husband whom I have always trusted is telling me.

"And if a marriage is strong, I think it encourages growth and change and honesty. " When a man goes through a weekend of denial of food, sleep, wedding rings, phones, etc. and is put through an intense weekend of LGAT, and then told he has to give an "oath" of secrecy, how does that encourage honesty in a relationship????????????????????? I see you breaking your own integrity with this one!!!!!!! Real men lie to their wives? Is that the truth of MKP ??????

Yes, they are deprived, (I know this as FACT!!!!!!!!) sacred items such as wedding rings, reading materials, phones, sleep, food, etc. etc. etc. etc. and yes it is "secret", a "man" has to give an "oath" of secrecy!!!!!!!!!!

Your statements:

"There is no mysterious 'secrecy'"

No? Would you tell us about Saturday night? Would you tell your wife about it? How about Sunday morning?

"There are a bunch of good reasons for the confidentiality" -- yes, imagine your wife's face if you told her all that went on!

My answer:

So, within this men's group, integrity, honesty, guilt/shame is talked about and how a "man" should keep his integrity and honesty and not do anything that would cause him guilt/shame and if he does he should talk about it and "feel" it. So, if what happened is something you would not tell your wife about, is that not a form of guilt/shame as to what went on??? If it was something that you are "embaressed" about, or know it is something that would be painfull to a person you are supposed to love and respect, do you really think that is something "normal" and "healthy" for youself and your relationship? I just keep seeing in so many places where this group talks about all kinds of what I would think of as "good, healthy" action's, and then do the opposite of all they are spouting.

I would like for someone who is or have been in MKP to answer some of the statements that I have made on this site!!!!!!! Read my posts!!!!!!!!!!! None of you seem inclined to answer truthfully. What about your "integrity" how is keeping secrets from your spouse considered "integrity, and honesty?" How is talking to a group of people that have no training in counseling and have no legal responsibility of confidentiality suposed to be "trust worthy"? How is a wife, then supposed to feel confident in speaking with her spouse about things and trust that he will keep those issues within their relationship and not with a bunch of "hoo haa men?" How is a wife supposed to keep her ability to trust her spouse to keep her "secrets" within their relationship? You guys seem to have no "real" integrity and honesty within this issue.......... Read my previous posts god damnit, all of them.... and answer!!!!!!!!!!!!

MKP is listed under a government site as being a "watched" LGAT.....LGAT is under the heading "cult" and "watched" because of concern as to how they are doing things and treating people and the amount of money's required and their recruiting techniques.

An LGAT is a mechanism for promoting awareness change and rapid, thorough commitment to a cause or idea. LGATs tend to be brief but intense sessions of a few hours or days in which, ideally, participants adopt the message of the 'training' promptly and enthusiastically.

Some see the classic LGAT as utilizing peer pressure and group dynamics in a high-pressure sales environment that promotes uncritical psycho-babbling togetherness and thus markets nebulous memes, and as fostering a propensity to recruit new participants into a participation-oriented pyramid scheme under the guise of providing useful training.

Others see LGAT as a group mind methodology that can be used to accelerate training in specific skills. Improvisational comedy is an example of a skill that is, typically, taught via group-awareness training.

The following information can be found through International Cultic Studies Association www.culticstudies.org <[www.culticstudies.org&gt]; which I found through a link at firstgov.gov

Historically, LGAT origins trace back, at least in part, to the encounter group movement of the 1960s.

LGATs include:

Context Associates
est/Landmark Education
Exegesis
Garden Company
Insight
Lifespring
ManKind Project
Momentus
Training Phoenix 2000
PSI World

Mankind project
Date: May 09, 2006 11:12PM

As I see you are an MKPer I will ask you the same questions that I have requested info about

Tim
Skepticmd,

Unfortunatly these post are not entirely accurate. How could they be. I hear a lot of anger and fear... and trust issues. I am also open for questions about the mankind project.

From your statements you are an MKPer???? If so are you "man" enough to answer and comment on my following statements? Do you have the "Guts"? ..............

I think is takes a more of a man to share these personal things with your wife and a coward to keep them secret!

What started my worries was the fact that my husband drove our new "used" car about 300 miles to get to where the meetings were. He promised to call me when he got there to let me know that the vehicle made it there safely. He left on a Friday noon, he never called, I didn't know anything until he got home about 2am on Sunday night. We had a mild argument over this, and then this continual, I can't tell you that to almost every question I asked. Only that he could tell me how he "felt". I was so frustrated. I started thinking, what kind of group that is supposed to be healthy for a family would do this to a family, make the men feel as if they have to keep "secrets" from their spouse? And yes, I understand that sometimes, men need groups that they "hang" with, that they don't tell much to their spouse, I understand that, but not to every single question. What kind of "integrity" is that? Which is what he kept saying, I have to keep my integrity and not speak about this weekend. I was feeling as if I was being asked to "throw away" my integrity and allow this kind of "secret" into our 20 year relationship. I was very afraid for him and for us. And then he started trying to talk me into going to a "weekend retreat". NNNOOOO I said. So, I started researching, coming up with nothing, except their websites which of course is all about how good they are. I also started calling my state agencies and realizing, they are not listed as a business, or non profit or or or. AND that a link from firstgov.gov listed them as an LGAT. This made me nervous, I do have the understanding that some LGAT's can be beneficial, but, one with no info about them anywhere, no nonprofit listings, no business licenses, and the fact that they wanted my husband to "pledge" money's to them and give them money on a continual basis, I felt these people were playing with fire. Then I found this site, and, here I am. And my husband was "VERY" gungho about the weekend.

I also started calling my state agencies and realizing, they are not listed as a business, or non profit or or or, actually since this statement I have found many IRS forms in regards to MKP using seudo names to hide who they are. Seems to be a couple million that is going into someones pockets!!!!!!!

I have issues with where the money is going, and with their secretiveness. I feel that they need to become more aware of how their action's can be "VERY PAINFUL" to some families and somehow start dealing with this other than telling the spouse to keep everything secret. Integrity seems to be a large part of this group and as far as I am concerned secretiveness has nothing whatsoever to do with integrity. I feel that part is wrong and that they are breaking their own "rules" in this regards.

I do understand that I could be up against him having some ideas "that he was brainwashed" with. AND I AM TRYING TO PROCESS. This really F***ING sucks, having to fight my gut feeling with what my husband whom I have always trusted is telling me.

"And if a marriage is strong, I think it encourages growth and change and honesty. " When a man goes through a weekend of denial of food, sleep, wedding rings, phones, etc. and is put through an intense weekend of LGAT, and then told he has to give an "oath" of secrecy, how does that encourage honesty in a relationship????????????????????? I see you breaking your own integrity with this one!!!!!!! Real men lie to their wives? Is that the truth of MKP ??????

Yes, they are deprived, (I know this as FACT!!!!!!!!) sacred items such as wedding rings, reading materials, phones, sleep, food, etc. etc. etc. etc. and yes it is "secret", a "man" has to give an "oath" of secrecy!!!!!!!!!!

Your statements:

"There is no mysterious 'secrecy'"

No? Would you tell us about Saturday night? Would you tell your wife about it? How about Sunday morning?

"There are a bunch of good reasons for the confidentiality" -- yes, imagine your wife's face if you told her all that went on!

My answer:

So, within this men's group, integrity, honesty, guilt/shame is talked about and how a "man" should keep his integrity and honesty and not do anything that would cause him guilt/shame and if he does he should talk about it and "feel" it. So, if what happened is something you would not tell your wife about, is that not a form of guilt/shame as to what went on??? If it was something that you are "embaressed" about, or know it is something that would be painfull to a person you are supposed to love and respect, do you really think that is something "normal" and "healthy" for youself and your relationship? I just keep seeing in so many places where this group talks about all kinds of what I would think of as "good, healthy" action's, and then do the opposite of all they are spouting.

Some see the classic LGAT as utilizing peer pressure and group dynamics in a high-pressure sales environment that promotes uncritical psycho-babbling togetherness and thus markets nebulous memes, and as fostering a propensity to recruit new participants into a participation-oriented pyramid scheme under the guise of providing useful training.

The following information can be found through International Cultic Studies Association www.culticstudies.org <[www.culticstudies.org&gt]; which I found through a link at firstgov.gov

LGATs include:

Context Associates
est/Landmark Education
Exegesis
Garden Company
Insight
Lifespring
[b:d6aca7d50f]ManKind Project [/b:d6aca7d50f]
Momentus
Training Phoenix 2000
PSI World
Tim
Skepticmd,

Mankind project
Date: May 09, 2006 11:37PM

Ginah, great post. I simply have not had the time to respond to the latest post. I am still flabbergasted at my "fabricated opinions", and then his latest take on it.

How are things with your husband?

I also have another question for any MKP men out there. I have heard the Austin Texas group was disbanded maybe last year. They appear to be trying to get another group going. It seems to be very hush hush about why this group was disbanded. OK, men of integrity, please tell us what happened to disband this group. Or are you afraid to tell that maybe some groups do not operate in integrity. Do not try to tell me it was disbanded because of lack of interest. I was told that was not the reason. I was told this group was disbanded by a more national level. You are always telling us how great MKP is, so please tell us about something that may not be so great.

Mankind project
Date: May 10, 2006 12:08AM

I was shocked about that one as well "fabricated opinions" as if you are not allowed to have opinions?

My husband and I are doing well, he is aware of my concerns and has his own now. Keeping himself informed and "looking" to see what they will try to do to us. He is very aware of what is going on and thank god, shows nothing but love towards myself and our children. Not sure what all is safe to post here. Keeping an "eye" on things for you know what........

No one seems to be "man" enough to answer our questions seriously with honesty and integrity.....he he ha ha :cry: .....they blow their own ideology

what2do
Ginah, great post. I simply have not had the time to respond to the latest post. I am still flabbergasted at my "fabricated opinions", and then his latest take on it.

How are things with your husband?

Current Page: 18 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.