Current Page: 14 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 20, 2006 07:38PM

wquerus:

Read the summaries from the beginning of this thread.

There is typically some nudity at the men's weekend.

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 20, 2006 08:00PM

wquercus
RU?ing, thanks for posting the summary as you gave it. It is congruent with what I experienced, and those who say it isn't are perhaps not living in integrity.

Excatly what I believe! And Thanks for taking the time to read the thread. I didn't actually post a summary - I posted the whole lot!

wquercus
I'd differ with the implied criticism of sex-segregation, though. I think men do need to discuss things with other men.

We sure do, we also need to discuss things with women, otherwise we are creating 'shadows'. I just don't get the need to huddle up with only one gender. It wouldn't have worried me so much if it were both! Surely the men and women could be split up during the weekend?

wquercus
While you've given the outline for the weekend itself, much of the theory can also be found in published form in Bill Kauth, A Circle of Men (1992). Kauth was one of the creators of the NWTA.

I'm trying to find it on p2p as we speak! - I hope its not as bad as Iron John! That was terrible!

Thanks for your time in reading my posts, and thanks for joining in the debate.

Mankind project
Posted by: wquercus ()
Date: April 20, 2006 10:04PM

[b:53118eb618]Moderator note:

"wquercus" posted information here about the Mankind Project, which he admitted attending. Subsequently, more than a year later "wquercus" returned to delete all his posts regarding the Mankind Project. However, portions of his statements remain as quoted/noted by other members posting here.

Apparently, "wquercus" came to realize that his statements provided proof concerning what goes on inside the Mankind Project and he therefore decided that he didn't want that information to remain here publicly visible.

The Mankind Project and its supporters have done everything possible to keep its practices secret, as anyone reading threads about that organization at this message board should readily realize.[/b:53118eb618]

Mankind project
Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: April 20, 2006 10:21PM

who or what is Iron John?

Mankind project
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 20, 2006 10:26PM

Ivy
who or what is Iron John?

Iron John is a mythopoetic 'story' based upon a character created by the Brothers Grimm.

The 'author' is one Robert Bly, one of the most sexist men to grace the planet.

A lot of this 'man' thing is really just a reaction against the equally of the genders.....

read it for sure, but you can preguess the whole lot.

When I was asking for their 'beliefs', I was told that MKP was drawing heavily from this story - by a MKP head recruiter (he was trying to keep me interested).

Hmmmm - I don't go for myths, I go for as near as fact as I can find!

Mankind project
Date: April 21, 2006 01:04AM

[b:f81473a5b4]Moderator note:

"wquercus" posted information here about the Mankind Project, which he admitted attending. Subsequently, more than a year later "wquercus" returned to delete all his posts regarding the Mankind Project. However, portions of his statements remain as quoted/noted by other members posting here.

Apparently, "wquercus" came to realize that his statements provided proof concerning what goes on inside the Mankind Project and he therefore decided that he didn't want that information to remain here publicly visible.

The Mankind Project and its supporters have done everything possible to keep its practices secret, as anyone reading threads about that organization at this message board should readily realize.[/b:f81473a5b4]

Mankind project
Date: April 21, 2006 10:58AM

I think that the MKP is not really a cultblon the truest sense of the term.
To be fair it does have *some* of that. I would describe it as closer to a fraternity than a cult, or maybe a culternity or somthing equally clever. I don't really agree with much of the hoaky ideology or novice psychology that the group employs, in spite of which, the message is urgently needed. That men have difficulty with experiencing emotion, or being present to true pain is evident prima facia. That we live in a society that teaches men that this is acceptable or encouraged also goes without saying. That most men need such an "Alice in Wonderland" shockingly different enviornment also seems logical. It is the lack of intellectual integrity and group bullying (that one fids in fraternities every bit as much as cults) that makes me suspicious. The question than becomes a matter of trust.
Can I trust myself and the intentions of this group enough to give the amount of identity that is required to affect deep experience, or do I not trust the group and refuse to identify, risking nothing, but gaining nothing in return.
It is a harder choice than it seems and neither decisions strikes me as ignoble. I'll share my own experiences with the group willingly

Mankind project
Date: April 21, 2006 09:03PM

[b:64a7419f18]Moderator note:

The Mankind Project and its supporters have done everything possible to keep its practices secret, as anyone reading threads about that organization at this message board should readily realize.[/b:64a7419f18]

Mankind project
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: April 21, 2006 09:07PM

Still. I'm looking forward to a proper conversation with a MKP'er. Please, can't someone from their PR department come and chat?!

don't worry, someone else will be along. The next one will probably try to show understanding while trying to convince you that youre wrong. Probably will agree with many of your points. That will probably be followed by one accusing you of theft of proprietary material by posting the manuals with veiled threats of legal action

apparently I was wrong

Mankind project
Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: April 22, 2006 09:13AM

Field, they wont give you the truth, because the whole MKP is based on a lie. If they lie to their wives then why would they give you the truth, try
to see what you can get from Tim from this thread
Cult Education Forum :: View topic - mankind project...cult?

Current Page: 14 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.