Current Page: 13 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: April 19, 2006 11:54AM

:) Hey Ru?ing, happy to see you! The MKP just cant keep a REAL MAN down, can they? LOL

Good question for Jehovah's wetness... Yes please share your experience?? Did this group get you by ways of your church? I here they do a lot of that too?
From all the searching we a slowly getting a few former members to talk about this LGAT!
I dont understand why? But I hope we get more posters over time!

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: April 19, 2006 01:37PM

ru?ing

i saw your post on why they separate sexes

trust me. just wouldn't work for them. I'm pretty sure sterling weekend separates too, probably for the same reason

Mankind project
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 19, 2006 07:58PM

feldspar
just wouldn't work for them. I'm pretty sure sterling weekend separates too, probably for the same reason

Thanks feldspar - I'm sure it wouldn't too - but I'm looking for other peoples reasonings why.

Would or could you elaborate why you don't think it would work for them?

I really appriciate your input feldspar, as if it were only those of us who have been negatively impacted by MKP without even doing the course, then it would all be one sided - your input, and those who are pro-MKP, is essential for proper debate.

Mankind project
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: April 19, 2006 09:15PM

Here's a brief answer to your question RU?ing.

For sake of argument, let's assume their processes work. Some of the men have issues with mommy, significant other, or women in general. Part of the weekend process is expressing anger at those groups. I have heard some pretty hate-filled rants at those groups. I think men would be uncomfortable expressing that anger with women in the group, and think women in the group would be very uncomfortable. Plus their is the nudity issue. I don't know what happens at the Women Within Weekend, but I frankly doubt that a women what stay for a NWTA weekend in the form it was when I went through. I have many concerns about this groups tactics and validity of tenets, but if one assumes they are correct in their process, then I think it is wise to separate sexes.

Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 19, 2006 09:54PM

Feldspar:

What you are describing is group therapy not education.

Here is the problem.

Therapy is typically through a trained professional that is licensed and meets certain criteria, such as a clinical psychologist. The professional has the ability and training to understand boundaries, possible problems arising out of therapy etc.

MP has no such training or educational requirements for its staffers.

Also, when a person enters therapy, if the professional harms them or violates their privacy, there is typically recourse through a licensing board, association and/or legally.

Not so with MP.

So it is ultimately safer and less problematic to go to a professional and licensed marriage and family therapist to resolve issues about mommy, wife etc. than MP.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Mankind project
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 19, 2006 10:22PM

feldspar:

Your reasoning is of course sound, and probably the case.

What I am asking is from the organisational point of view. Those who wrote the original protocol. Who made the decision of male only, and why? Different protocols/tactics produce the same results (the points raised by rr and the link he posted show this to be true).

I guess I'm just hoping that it isn't as truelly sexist as it seemingly is!

Whilst Jung certainly wrote about the male psyche, often with writers of that time (and depressingly so still) use 'man' for 'human', 'he' for 's/he' (or words to include the entire species).

Some groups seemingly jump on that to validate a patriarchal viewpoint/ideology.

I would imagine men having more issues with women after this weekend that before!

Mankind project
Posted by: wquercus ()
Date: April 19, 2006 11:55PM

[b:03f72556f0]Moderator note:

"wquercus" posted information here about the Mankind Project, which he admitted attending. Subsequently, more than a year later "wquercus" returned to delete all his posts regarding the Mankind Project. However, portions of his statements remain as quoted/noted by other members posting here.

Apparently, "wquercus" came to realize that his statements provided proof concerning what goes on inside the Mankind Project and he therefore decided that he didn't want that information to remain here publicly visible.

The Mankind Project and its supporters have done everything possible to keep its practices secret, as anyone reading threads about that organization at this message board should readily realize.[/b:03f72556f0]

Mankind project
Date: April 20, 2006 12:01AM

[b:9e05d32795]Moderator note:

"wquercus" posted information here about the Mankind Project, which he admitted attending. Subsequently, more than a year later "wquercus" returned to delete all his posts regarding the Mankind Project. However, portions of his statements remain as quoted/noted by other members posting here.

Apparently, "wquercus" came to realize that his statements provided proof concerning what goes on inside the Mankind Project and he therefore decided that he didn't want that information to remain here publicly visible.

The Mankind Project and its supporters have done everything possible to keep its practices secret, as anyone reading threads about that organization at this message board should readily realize.[/b:9e05d32795]

Mankind project
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: April 20, 2006 12:47AM

I am very interested in anyone who has ever been to Women Within. My husband's 12 step sponsor is the one who pressured him into going. This same man was putting pressure for my husband to encourage me to go to Women Within.

My husband finally 2 weeks ago told his sponsor no more talk about MKP or my wife. The sponsor agreed.

The weekend for women seems to be as secret as for the men. Do you think the women get nude and dance to Indian music? I just wonder if it is off the charts as MKP. I will never go, so unless someone posts some information here, I guess I will never know.

I did read an article about MKP and Women Within on the web sometime ago. It stated also that women cannot have sex on their weekend. That tells me something!!!

Mankind project
Date: April 20, 2006 12:14PM

[b:743e2af30a]Moderator note:

The Mankind Project and its supporters have done everything possible to keep its practices secret, as anyone reading threads about that organization at this message board should readily realize.[/b:743e2af30a]

Current Page: 13 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.