Current Page: 17 of 273
Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Abused ()
Date: May 26, 2007 03:49AM

Maybe he is talking about the [b:d0f415a1a8]covenant rings[/b:d0f415a1a8] that were ceremonially given when the discipleship relationship moved to the [u:d0f415a1a8]next level. [/u:d0f415a1a8]
(Pure gold rings that have the face of a lion on the face.)
The individual would be invited into a [b:d0f415a1a8]“Sonship”[/b:d0f415a1a8] relationship. This was offered to the people that Tony was discipling first, then after 6-9 months the invitation came from the associate pastor Miller who began offering covenant rings to the guys he was discipling. And then some of the elders followed with the similar exchange and ceremonial covenant was made. This immediately turned into [b:d0f415a1a8]“Spiritual Parenting”[/b:d0f415a1a8]. Women who were in discipleship relationships were receiving ruby bracelets rings or ruby necklace’s.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 26, 2007 06:30AM

How do you define what a cult is?

I found this definition to be very revealing.
[b:ec27ecde00]cult [/b:ec27ecde00] [i:ec27ecde00]kult [/i:ec27ecde00]] (plural cults)

[i:ec27ecde00]noun[/i:ec27ecde00]

Definition:
[b:ec27ecde00]1.[/b:ec27ecde00] [b:ec27ecde00]religion:[/b:ec27ecde00] a system of religious or spiritual beliefs, especially an informal and transient belief system regarded by others as misguided, unorthodox, extremist, or false, and directed by a charismatic, authoritarian leader
[b:ec27ecde00]2.[/b:ec27ecde00] [b:ec27ecde00]religious group:[/b:ec27ecde00] a group of people who share religious or spiritual beliefs, especially beliefs regarded by others as misguided, unorthodox, extremist, or false
[b:ec27ecde00]3.[/b:ec27ecde00] [b:ec27ecde00]idolization of somebody [/b:ec27ecde00]or something: an extreme or excessive admiration for a person, philosophy of life, or activity ( often used before a noun )
the cult of youth
a cult hero
[b:ec27ecde00]4.[/b:ec27ecde00] [b:ec27ecde00]object of idolization:[/b:ec27ecde00] a person, philosophy, or activity regarded with extreme or excessive admiration
[b:ec27ecde00]5.[/b:ec27ecde00] [b:ec27ecde00]fad:[/b:ec27ecde00] something popular or fashionable among a devoted group of enthusiasts ( often used before a noun )
has taken on cult status
[b:ec27ecde00]6.[/b:ec27ecde00] CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY [b:ec27ecde00]system of supernatural [/b:ec27ecde00]beliefs: a body of organized practices and beliefs supposed to involve interaction with and control over supernatural powers
[b:ec27ecde00]7.[/b:ec27ecde00] SOCIOLOGY [b:ec27ecde00]elite group: [/b:ec27ecde00]a self-identified group of people who share a narrowly defined interest or perspective

Posted by: RLCattendant ()
Date: May 26, 2007 10:42AM

[b:f2bf3c861d]rrmoderater...[/b:f2bf3c861d]

[b:f2bf3c861d]humble yourself wrote:[/b:f2bf3c861d]

...last time I checked God is still on the throne not Tony Cunningham...

...This is for humblefollower looks like you cant handle the truth, what you said in one of your last post that basically you are trying to curse people and you call yourself a humblefollower, or shall I say that yes you are a hunblefollower but not following the living God but following your "god tony cunningham" you seem like you know the Bible but dont take the Bible to the heart, the word of God says to bless those who curse, I bless you. One day you will see the truth about tony cunnungham that he controlls the minds of the so called elders and so called pastors, because God is not going to put up with tony's crap too long. The leaders of Radiant Life Church just needs to repent and turn away from sin, like having sexual realtionships with young girls, and the most shameful part of that is these so called leaders call these young girls as their daughters, but having and entertaining immoral thoughts in their minds and in their hearts. What goes around comes around, and tony cunningham is in big trouble because he has FOUR DAUGHTERS, and oneday some old man like Tony Cunningham will take his girls and sleep with them, than what is tony going to do about that. Word to Tony Cunningham turn away from your sin, God is saying "Pharaoh let my people go", translated in today's term "Tony let Gods people go". Humblefollower please advice "your god"tony cuuningham to read my posts....

...The leaders of Radiant Life Church just needs to repent and turn away from sin, like having sexual realtionships with young girls, and the most shameful part of that is these so called leaders call these young girls as their daughters, but having and entertaining immoral thoughts in their minds and in their hearts. What goes around comes around, and tony cunningham is in big trouble because he has FOUR DAUGHTERS, and oneday some old man like Tony Cunningham will take his girls and sleep with them, than what is tony going to do about that....

...yes I can for sure say that these pastors do have affairs and do sleep with these young girls beause these young girls that live with so called pastors should not be going out aloe with pastors in the car and taking walks alone in the dark, I have seen it with my own eyes. Ms. Ott who lives with Tony Cunningham thinks she is all that but she does not see that basically she is cheap and she has slept or messed around with tony cunningham and all the other guys at church. RLC Leaders stop trying to protect tony from his wrongs because oneday you will stand before God, and elders and pastors better be careful. Get it over with Tony is not god...

[b:f2bf3c861d]transparent wrote...[/b:f2bf3c861d]

...Those two who are HumbleFolower and Claypot are probably boiling up inside because I am exposing the misteachings of your "Spiritual Daddy".....

...The elders, the leadership, the inner circle cover up alot of crap to make people feel loved. But later on down the road these people get "Spiritually Abused"...

[b:f2bf3c861d]tmac wrote...[/b:f2bf3c861d]

...Yes, I equate Tony to Jim Jones because anytime a MAN could get 20 plus families to relocate to Katy, TX to spread his word is a very powerful and scary man in my book. Also, anytime a MAN could get you and others to follow his flock and his teachings is very scary to me. No he probably will not make you drink poison and allow you to commit suicide, but he will allow you to commit spiritual suicide...

...Currently it appears that Pastor Tony does not care about the turmoil that he has created. He already knows that people are becoming suspicious about RLC in Sacramento. He already knows that people are leaving the church, but he doesn't care. That is probably why he convinced Pastor Tom Borsic and his wife Michelle to plant a church in Katy, Tx. That way people in the Houston area will have no clue about Tony's ideology. He is probably thinking, "I don't care about the families that I have destroyed because I have a new flock of followers in Texas." I think that is very scary and deceitful. There are many families leaving California to assist Pastor Tom Borsic with the RLC in Texas. As a matter of fact the couple that tried to pressure me into joining RLC is now living in Katy, TX. These families along with Pastor Tom have allowed Pastor Tony to control their lives....

Please explain why these, and many more posts from these three individuals, are not attacks? And if they are, why are they still on this message board?

Posted by: RLCattendant ()
Date: May 26, 2007 10:46AM

A ring was given as a gift, to signify a particular relationship. Much like a gift is given to a special friend however in a more purposeful manner. Anyone ever bought someone you loved something to show that you loved them?

I do not believe that this is a difficult issue to understand nor is it a worth topic to carry on with. However, if I'm wrong, continue.

Posted by: Aaron Love ()
Date: May 26, 2007 12:56PM

according to this definition Jesus Christ Started a cult.

think about it.

once again Aaron Love

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 26, 2007 09:18PM

Aaron Love:

No one has said "Jesus Christ started a cult" and that's not the topic of this thread.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This link lays out the practical definition of a destructive cult.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This is a paper written by a Harvard Medical School professor and psychiatrist that has researched cults. He puts forth an objective working definition of the term "cult."

Date: May 26, 2007 09:25PM

RLCattendent:

Transparent has responded to supports of RLC by pointing out their loyalties and he has questioned the church practices.

Transparent has posted serious allegations about RLC's leader.

But this is on-topic and not a personal attack.

Date: May 26, 2007 10:10PM

To whom it may concern:

So-called "discipleship" has frequently been abused within destructive churches historically.

The control of members through "discipleship" became the cornerstone of the "International Church of Christ" led by Kip McKean. This group has often been called a "cult" and the process of "discipleship" it used has been called "brainwashing."

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This link covers the historical background of the "discipleship movement."

Then see [www.culteducation.com]

This is a history of various groups and churches, which were once involved in similar practices.

For a more complete listing of related books and articles...

Date: May 27, 2007 01:30AM

[b:bc1035d987]My goal is this, that there would be repentance and reconciliation.[/b:bc1035d987]
Those of us who have been hurt would be able to [u:bc1035d987]extend forgiveness [/u:bc1035d987]and restore the relationships that we once had.
[u:bc1035d987]That in repentance we would all trust God.[/u:bc1035d987]

God Uses suffering to mature the humble as they come under his influence and obey his truth.

As a maturing Christian, I no longer define my self by my sin or the sin committed against me, but by who God declares me to be.

If my motive is [b:bc1035d987]“Trusting God,”[/b:bc1035d987] then my value will be [b:bc1035d987]“living out of who God say’s I am.”[/b:bc1035d987]

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: May 27, 2007 03:49AM

Why do you want to quote me and say I slander? You really bring some laughter to my life with what you think about me. I'm here to bring about quesations and concerns for the hruting sheep. You who say I misjudge Tony or slander Tony are all judging! Let's make it clear...I did not come on here to judge others....I will not bend scruipture for my own use....I was not brought up that way. Since as a kid I have seen many people leave the church...hell! I left the church for a long time to pursue my own selfish causes....It was destructive for many many years! Whe I returned back the church seemed like such a great place to be...And listen....I'mj talkin bout the church of God....no church in particular just church...It seemed like a cool place...peoples lives were being impacted. But when people started leaving church...then all of the sudden man made philosphies and theologies began to be birthed....Obviously the Pastor wondered what was happening...What better way to keep this from happening then to begin using mind control ways and practices...Believe it or not. It's your choice....What I say is true cause I bel;ieve it...What you say is true cause you believe it......But What God says is true is true! Not cause he says he believes but because he said so!!!!!

When the bible spaeks about wolf in sheeps clothing...there are those who will not see it.......you have to understand people need to belong to something and believe in something and follow something..........Open your bibles and read them!

Current Page: 17 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.