Current Page: 19 of 273
Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 28, 2007 08:54PM

RLCattendant:

Isn't Tony Cunningham the leader of RLC?

The leader of a group would be relevant to any discussion about that group.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: May 29, 2007 12:24AM

SpeakTruth
Everyone:
If you have an personal issue with someone, it would be most beneficial and bold to confront them face to face. If you have a question that you do not know the answer to, please ask in a subjective manner. It seems so simple for someone (with or without authority) to logon to the internet and say whatever they feel like behind someone's back, or even make up a story that has no validity. Are you attempting to bring unity to His body, or division? Let's be honest here, we already know that much of what has been posted in this forum is inaccurate and invalid. Let's all (myself included) keep things honest so that something good can be accomplished.

Joe L

This is what Mr. Joe wrote...Or should I say speak truth. Many of us have approached Tony Cunningham with the hope that repentance would take place...Many Pastors and have been approached with the shocking things that many of us have seen...yet nothing has happened. So Joe [L] let me say this: If you think we have not approached a brother that we have an issue with according to scripture says....Yes we have. Nothing has been done about it! I am on here to say how I feel....I am in no way on this forum to bash. Also to RLC attendant....Read the first posting by TMAC....It mentions Tony Cunningham...and yex he is the leader....So when you go back to leadership development this Tueday and discuss about the "Demonized" coming against Tony Cunninghma you will see true colors....If none of you folks can see true colors then there's alot of Blindness!

"Wolves come in sheeps clothing".......The living, Tested, Ultimate, Forever Word of God warns us about the coming times....We have witnessed these and many more within the church body!

Also....RLC speaks on UNity......There will never be Unity until Repentance happens. I can obviously repent right here and now and I will:

To all: I repent for being such a lousy Husband and Father....God please forgive me and help me to be more loving to my wife and kids. Help me to be more considerate of my wife and others. I repent of this issue of "Slefishness" now before all of you....In the name of Jesus please God...Forgive me.

I repent for the anger and frustrations I have held towards people that do not see things my way. I erpent for having violent thoughts towards Aaron Love and others who don't see where I'm comin g from. God please forgive me for this.

I am a man and I will stand for truth...so let us speak the truth in love and let's pray for the leadership at RLC that they might see...things not our way...but let's all see things God's Way!

That would be the best!

A sinful man in need of the Living God's Mercy and Forviness and Grace,

Transparent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 01:51AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: somasux ()
Date: May 29, 2007 04:06AM

This is for Joe you say that nothing on this forum posted is true, how do you know its not true, can you prove that its not true. Just cause you have not seen people get hurt and left the church dont tell me its not true, I know who you are, you have not been there for twelve years like I have been, you have not seen the changed that the church has gone through. At one time Elk Grove Communtiy used to be a good church where people actually came and families were restored and grown up. I do see what happened people started to worship the pastor too much and forgot what the purpose should be at a church, the focus should only be God, not man. And then the whole book of ACTS went twisted where people started living with one another which I think is very wierd, and started to homeschool their kids, and people would not even put their kids in any kind of sports because Tony's kids were not in any kind of Sports. You explain to me Joe L. what do you think about this is this normal for Americans to be like this. TO ME THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Whatever tony does his people think its right, and pleasing to God. This is false teaching brainwashing people. I know very good and talented people that left RLC in the past two years, are you telling me that these people were all wrong and Tony is right. I f you say yes to this than I can tell you that you might be the one who is possesed by tony's spirit. ABout repentence, I just wanna know howcome the pastors and the elders dont come out in public and repent. Why cant this be done, after all Tony always talks about where in the Word of God says is anyone unforgiveness towards a brother, he should leave his gifts at the alter and ask for forgivness. News to Tony Cunningham you have a lot of hurt brothers who are still waiting for you to come and ask for forgiveness, that would make you a real man. None of us is talking bad about tony and the leaders we are very concerned about what the church is heading towards people are getting hurt left and right. If tony cant lead this family (GODS Family) well than he really needs to step down from being a pastor. I know Tony does not want to step down because he would leave that good salary behind and all the gifts that people give him he will not get anymore. This all boils down to pride and money, whether all you tony lovers see it not.

Posted by: TMAC ()
Date: May 29, 2007 04:33AM

RRModerator,

Thanks for the links that you have mentioned and posted on this thread. I spent the entire weekend reading through all the research and data about the "discipleship" movement and cults in general.

After reading the links that you provided I realized that most of the questions that I had about RLC were addressed in those articles. The discipleship philosophy is definitely what is going on at RLC. The ring thing, SOMA, young adult females living with pastors & elders, married couples living with other married couples for the purpose of being disciple, spiritual parenting, the 2:42 groups, the idolatry of Tony, and all the other ideaologies that has been adopted by Tony really resonated to me after reading through those links. Wow, it really opened my eyes about these things and addressed the concerns that I had. I will definitely suggest anyone that have any concerns or questions about RLC to read the links that you posted. The practices at RLC really coincide with what those articles mentioned.

My purpose was not to argue about Tony or RLC. My purpose when I posted this thread was to get a better understand of RLC and to conclude rather RLC was a misguided church or a cult. Anyone can outline the teachings at RLC and read about the Discipleship Movement to get the answers as to why certain things are happening at RLC.

My prayer is that there will be reconciliation and forgiveness amongst the leadership at RLC. My prayer is that the misteachings and spiritual abuse will not continue. My prayer is for healing for all the families that have been hurt by RLC. My prayer is that Tony will seek God and not his own personal agenda and to let the people of God go.

I am neither upset or angry at anyone including Tony. I am more sad and dishearten that this is going on. People take advantage of people everyday, but it is more disheartening when God or church is misuse in the process.

Yes, I can asked God for forgiveness. As much as it is hard to do I will forgive. However, forgiveness does not mean that an individual is exempt from consequences.

Thanks again RRModerator for providing those links. They were extremely helpful!

Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: May 29, 2007 12:36PM

somasux:

I will try to address everything I possibly can, and as best as I can. First of all, I stated that "much" of what has been posted is not true, not "nothing". Some things I cannot prove, nor can you. So we are in the same boat.

Why do you say I do not see people get hurt and leave the church? I have seen this and have nearly left in the past myself about a year ago. However, my heart changed. In 5 years I have seen alot. And I remember Elk Grove Community, by the way. I went there for 6 months.

You are correct in stating that some people do "worship" Tony. In the same way, people are more concerned about the opinions of men than God in just about any church on the planet. I have NEVER heard Tony or any other pastor at RLC coerce anyone into worshiping them.

It is acceptable for you to have the opinion that it is "weird" to you that people share a household together. However, this is not a strictly RLC philosophy. In fact, just because it isn't normal for "americans" to do it, doesn't make it wrong. Look at the rest of the world. How do they live? Is that helpful? By the way, when I rent a room out, it has NOTHING to do with discipleship. It has been because someone was in a desperate need and I wanted to respond to the opportunity (and in this, I have never been urged to make such a move). Nor have I ever lived with my discipler. I don't even have one!

As far as people basing their own decisions on the modeling of a man, I would say they are accountable for their own actions. I do not do anything based on what Tony does. That is the flat out truth. My kids will be able to play any sport they wish to, and have my full support (as long as it is in their best interest).

I would at least ask this of you: Don't refer to RLC in it's entirety as "Tony's people". I attend RLC but like I said before, I do have a relationship with God, and he does tell me how to live. I choose His voice.

I also know very talented people that left RLC in the past 2 years. Does that make me special? I also know people that left several other churches in town in the past 2 years. The truth is, people get offended (sometimes with good reason) and leave.

Possessed by Tony's spirit? I don't even know how to respond to that.

In reference to repentance, ask who it is that you want an apology from, it has nothing to do with me.

You say you know Tony wont step down from leading a church because he wants money and gifts? Has he told you that? Has he actually given you any solid evidence that would make that true? Or is that an assumption? I guess that is what I meant by "most of this forum is not true".

I will at least give this testimony of what God has been doing at RLC. Much of the hypocrisy that has existed in recent years has been washed away. Many have had to go into the desert place, so that they would learn to know and trust God for themselves (myself included), and not putting hope in men. I have seen such a great and drastic change in the past 4 months that the the church does not even look the same, but God is truly moving. There is still so much room for growth, but it is encouraging to see change in this area. I believe it is this hypocrisy that has turned so many away. I hope also that this encourages the readers of the forum.

Does any of this adequately answer your questions? I hope it helps.

Joe L

Posted by: somasux ()
Date: May 31, 2007 04:59AM

Well Joe I am just amazed at how people like you and others who do not see what the pastors and the leaders, and the elders are doing to the people, why is nothing being done about all the people getting hurt and leaving the church. I want to know why cant they just stop the ring thing or young girls living with pastors, why cant the pastor and the elders just stop all the clicks that RLC has. What is the deal here real people with real feelings are getting hurt and leaving RLC, WHY? There has to be a stop to this. Back to tony stepping down as a pastor that would be a great idea after all, he has hurt so many feelings, than where does the role of pastoring the sheep role play in as a pastor. He is supposed to be watching the sheep not bringing harm to the sheep. Whether you see it or not RLC leaders and pastors need to see and face the truth, that oneday Tony Cunningham will fail them all. Tony Cunningham as a "pastor" is not a real pastor, this word is for Tony, God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble, and Tony is for sure not the humble one. I really hope Joe L. that you have your man tony read this forum. Real people with real questions and concerns that need to addressed, remember it is a country of freedom of speech, dont forget that.

Posted by: TMAC ()
Date: May 31, 2007 07:50AM

Somasux,

People refuse to see fault in Tony because his manipulating power. People underestimate the power of mind control and brainwashing. There is no point in trying to convince followers of Tony to leave his flock. It's like trying to explain to a person who is visually impaired about seeing the ocean. They can't see what you and I see because they are blind.

You should definitely read the links that the moderator posted about the Discipleship Movement and mind control. That gave me a clear understanding about the weird things that are happening at RLC. Many of us who are not possess by this form of manipulation find it difficult to comprehend how does one man control so many people. People who follow false teachers don't even realize the truth until they leave. They will continue to defend Tony until God opens up their eyes. It is really sad to see so many people being taking advantage of by a church, but we could only pray and inform others.

Posted by: despisenone ()
Date: June 09, 2007 04:17AM

I left RLC about 4 1/2 years ago because i moved to another state but even if i didnt move, i would have left RLC around that time anyway.

i had quicly gone up the leadership ladder in the student ministries department from just an average youth to an adult leader in one of the departments...I mean come on, i wasnt even 18 yet and they were putting me in charge of people as old as a year under me. and Somehow i was to create my self to be a great spiritual leader and strive to be the most spiritual looking person around....but in the end found myself living under my parents faith...not that i didnt believe but it no longer was about the Bible or even getting closer to God....it was about looking like i was a better worshiper. At camp one summer, a prize was given away to the best worshiper...i am still amazed i bought into all of this.

I was told and believed that i was to fully submit to my dicipler and sadly that i was i taught to my diciplees. i was expected to buy my dicipler whatever he wanted where ever we went for our "weekly" meetings...not very weekly if you ask me. when i look at that all now, i find myself stupid looking to this guy as my dicipler or having any authority in my life...he had just got saved a year earlier and was only 2 years older than me. And if i had any problem with him i couldnt go to his dicipler..who is a pastor in the church...because he said that i need to grow up and just go with the flow. and thats what i did for awhile.

Once i knew i was moving i started asking more querstions because if i got rejected then it wouldnt have mattered. i began expecting my dicipler to pay for things when we went out and in the end just didnt care any more.when i moved, it was like i had to start from square one again in my faith because the teachings there were not to help me grow but help me get by.

i will not talk about anything new that has been happening there mainly cause i have not seen it, only heard about it...but i will talk openly about my time and experiences there.

Blessings on all

Posted by: Abused ()
Date: June 19, 2007 11:30PM

Dear Despisenone

[b:ba36c7a42f]First[/b:ba36c7a42f] of all I pray that you realize you are not despised by the Lord.
Please read this [u:ba36c7a42f]“The New Testament Gamble” [/u:ba36c7a42f]
[ [] ]
[b:ba36c7a42f]Second[/b:ba36c7a42f] I pray that you would be strengthened and restored, that the amount of HURT that you have endured or experienced would become a source of strength in your faith. I pray that your ability to extend forgiveness would melt away fear, blame, denial, anger or shame in the people that have sinned against you. Now that does not mean that I we just go around extending forgiveness to anybody. No, don’t go there, watch-out and proceed with caution or you will turn you into another welcome mat and you too will be stepped on once again. To extend forgiveness to people (at Radiant Life or any other church leadership) with-out communicating to them how they have hurt us and how it affected us would be a waist of time. You see and how we forgive a person who has offended us gives both parties a fantastic opportunity to reconcile the relationship.
[b:ba36c7a42f]Thirdly[/b:ba36c7a42f] I pray that you would have a rekindled love for your first love...Jesus Christ!

I too found myself in the same situation at Radiant Life. I found myself in that same room of fired up people excited to worship God, a room filled with determination, fervor, commitment, willpower and good intentions. The attitude of lets get things going for God was so infectious! I became zealous passionate and eager to get involved to be on the “A” team. But that started to wear out over a long period of time. I realized the charades’ people were pushing in discipleship and in ministries were the means to measure you by “what are you doing for the church [i:ba36c7a42f]aka[/i:ba36c7a42f] (God)?” And I admit, I became part of that effort of trying to make the grade, to gain approval from the guy I was meeting with for discipleship. You know the good intentions trying to keep up appearances and missing the true relationship with Jesus of trusting him. One of the things that I experienced was the teachings that we had to sacrifice more! In Discipleship we were taught that the sacrifice that I just made yesterday was simply history and today is what counts. I was taught to put my faith more in what I could sacrifice rather than trusting God.

I remember one night at the [b:ba36c7a42f]GAP[/b:ba36c7a42f] the group was asked to consider the things that we value greater than our relationship with God. So as we were praying people started getting up and taking things up to the prayer porch and laying it down on the steps. One guy set his acoustic guitar in the front and so I started felling that maybe I was putting my efforts into my talents and music skills before God so I walked out to my car and grabbed one of my hand drums and set it up on the prayer porch. Others were pulling out their money, ATM cards, watches, CD’s, an Aloha shirt, and some guys took off their wedding rings and set it up in the pile of sacrifice. We all left the GAP that night thinking wow we have stepped into another level with God. It was about two weeks later I remember walking into the church seeing the rather large pile of stuff up there on the stage along with my drum and thinking “well there you go…there is my sacrifice”. But as I sit here today reflecting on what happed that night at the GAP. I understand that it was an outward expression of what should have been my very heart cry. Reflecting back I can see that the environment in the church helped create this place of putting on the dog and pony show of doing the out ward expression of keeping up appearances to get the approval or nod from the pastor and peers. You see so many of us bought into the notion that pleasing God has to be our primary motivation yet we strive harder and harder to develop a relationship with a God who never seams to be pleased enough. In this group I strive to work on my sins to some how get my sin under control to get that pile of sin reduced some how so that I can some day be closer to God. This environment puts the emphasis on the efficacy of my efforts and that becomes my identity, of who I am. Thus putting me back to the point of my life where I am in need of a savior.

You see I have learned that we can not please God with out trusting Him.
[i:ba36c7a42f]It is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.[/i:ba36c7a42f] Hebrews 11:6

I realized that by trusting in God I learn to allow him to mature me into what is already true about me, that I now have His DNA and not the DNA of some pastor or elder. In the old environment I never learn to trust God because the efficiency was what I was doing for the church or God. I was not encouraged to trust God with all my hurts habits and hang-ups. To trust him because….he is God…and I am not. I was being taught that more sacrifice would please God. Reflecting back the surrounding church environment was breeding this behavior, a works based performance driven devotion and existence.

Radiant Life Church has the reputation of being alive with flamboyant style of worship and a peculiar devotion yet many are dead. There are many who’s deeds and works are greater now than they were in the beginning but they have left their first love, Jesus Christ. Still there are some who are neither hot nor cold but lukewarm. Some people tolerate that woman Jezebel and they are teaching her ways to others. Women are controlling their husbands through manipulation and others are devoted to the leaders more over their own husbands. Some are practicing the teachings of the Nicolaitans and leading others into this dogma of controlling the people of God and manipulating their circumstances. Still there are some who have not soiled their garments in the place where Satan dwells the faithful ones who are enduring hardship even to the point of death.

KEEP PRAYING FOR RECONCILIATION

Posted by: Private-Eye ()
Date: August 21, 2007 11:18PM

[b:95737b16f5]Greetings to all [/b:95737b16f5]
[b:95737b16f5]Currently I am conducting interviews from people who have been part of the Radiant Life Church in Sacramento California.

I am specially researching the teachings from Radiant Life Church that have caused people to reject a relationship with Christ. I need to hear from those of you who have been an elder or pastor, part of staff, leadership, or anyone who has been part of a ministry team and now you find yourself not wanting anything to do with God or any church period.

What happened in your personal story? What is your testimony that has caused you to become so angry at the church or to fall away into a destructive life style?

I would like to hear for anybody who has received any instruction that has encouraged a spouse to leave the other spouse.

If your have been part of the bible school called SOMA
What teaching caused so many children to reject their birth parents and seek out “spiritual Parents”? I would like to hear from you parents that have lost your children to this kind of teaching.

Thanks [/b:95737b16f5]

Current Page: 19 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.