Current Page: 91 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: September 04, 2008 12:58AM

As far as the shephard coming after the wounded, please don't! I have in Jesus the Shephard who truly cares for his flock. I will not sit around waiting for the wolf to come along and destroy me again. I have found a place of healing and rest, a place where I feel safe again.

May God bless you all.

Karen

AMEN!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:25AM

Your right! Restitution is one thing, but healing of wounds... only Jesus the Christ can heal our wounds. Only Jesus is a genuine Trust Worthy Shephard. He has chased after me and is restoring me to what HE has always designed me to be. Thank you for your insights Karen.

-Ryan-

Posted by: kevinreta ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:40AM

God is breaking the system Radiant Life Church is under. It is a system that preaches the new covenant but lives under the old. People are trying to get closer to God by trying to get closer to a man of God. When we were born again Jesus became our mediator between us and the Father. We were never to give up our personal relationship with God to have a man come in between our relationship with our Father. That is were we made a mistake. The Father is breaking up the system at Radiant Life Church and things are going to get messy, that's ok God can work with mess. He is doing all of this. He is breaking covenants of the flesh (things done out of the flesh rather then the spirit) Nobody is at Fault! His blood truley covers our mistakes as well as the mistakes of others. I have learned if I start throwing stones there is truley no end to my targets. He without sin cast the first stone. Ok so if you have been rejected by the church does that validate us to reject? Take ten steps back and look at the big picture. God brings us all togethor to then reject us and throw us away? I don't think so. A major outpouring of God's Holy Spirit is Here! It is here! Radiant Life Church is NOT a cult. It is a church that has worked so hard to accomplish greatness but the problem is that most of the work was done in the flesh without the Holy Spirit. That is why there has been so much damage. Tony is not a cult leader he is a man trying to do the best he can. Cut him some slack. So what if this whole organization crashes and becomes nothing. At least he tried. I commend him for that. Another problem with the system we were under is that there was not much room for mistake which truley cuts out the oppurtunity for the spirit of love and grace to move freely. God is love and he is not mad at Tony, me or you. He is correcting us so that we can truley move in freedom and love and accomplish the greatness he destined each of us for. Be encouraged brothers and sisters the Father in His great love for us and mercy is acting on behalf of our cries. Have we all not cried out for God to move, so then when he does why should we freak out! Relax, Rest, Rest , Rest...Peace be within us. Peace be within you and peace be within me too.

I HAVE TRIED EVERY ANGLE TO MOVE FORWARD THROUGH THIS HARDSHIP I HAVE TRIED BLAME, ACCUSTATION, HATRED, ANGER, RAGE, AND THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS IS RECIEVING THE LOVE OF THE FATHER AND BEING CHANGED BY HIS LOVE. MAY WE PRACTICE WHAT TRULEY IS MOST IMPORTANT. LOVE FOR GOD BY LOVING EACHOTHER!

Holy Spirit come and hit us with your love and peace and the presence of our Father for we are a people who are desperate for you. We need you Jesus!

Sincerley,

Kevin Reta

Date: September 04, 2008 03:54AM

kevinreta
God is breaking the system Radiant Life Church is under. It is a system that preaches the new covenant but lives under the old. People are trying to get closer to God by trying to get closer to a man of God. When we were born again Jesus became our mediator between us and the Father. We were never to give up our personal relationship with God to have a man come in between our relationship with our Father. That is were we made a mistake. The Father is breaking up the system at Radiant Life Church and things are going to get messy, that's ok God can work with mess. He is doing all of this. He is breaking covenants of the flesh (things done out of the flesh rather then the spirit) Nobody is at Fault! His blood truley covers our mistakes as well as the mistakes of others. I have learned if I start throwing stones there is truley no end to my targets. He without sin cast the first stone. Ok so if you have been rejected by the church does that validate us to reject? Take ten steps back and look at the big picture. God brings us all togethor to then reject us and throw us away? I don't think so. A major outpouring of God's Holy Spirit is Here! It is here! Radiant Life Church is NOT a cult. It is a church that has worked so hard to accomplish greatness but the problem is that most of the work was done in the flesh without the Holy Spirit. That is why there has been so much damage. Tony is not a cult leader he is a man trying to do the best he can. Cut him some slack. So what if this whole organization crashes and becomes nothing. At least he tried. I commend him for that. Another problem with the system we were under is that there was not much room for mistake which truley cuts out the oppurtunity for the spirit of love and grace to move freely. God is love and he is not mad at Tony, me or you. He is correcting us so that we can truley move in freedom and love and accomplish the greatness he destined each of us for. Be encouraged brothers and sisters the Father in His great love for us and mercy is acting on behalf of our cries. Have we all not cried out for God to move, so then when he does why should we freak out! Relax, Rest, Rest , Rest...Peace be within us. Peace be within you and peace be within me too.

I HAVE TRIED EVERY ANGLE TO MOVE FORWARD THROUGH THIS HARDSHIP I HAVE TRIED BLAME, ACCUSTATION, HATRED, ANGER, RAGE, AND THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS IS RECIEVING THE LOVE OF THE FATHER AND BEING CHANGED BY HIS LOVE. MAY WE PRACTICE WHAT TRULEY IS MOST IMPORTANT. LOVE FOR GOD BY LOVING EACHOTHER!

Holy Spirit come and hit us with your love and peace and the presence of our Father for we are a people who are desperate for you. We need you Jesus!

Sincerley,

Kevin Reta

Kevin~

There is a difference between casting stone and holding the leadership accountable.

I have changes this post many times because I believe my first response was to harsh...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 04:07AM by Escapee07.

Date: September 04, 2008 04:14AM

1 Timothy 6: 3-10 NLT ( this one really stuck out to me)

3 Some people may contradict our teaching, but these are the wholesome teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. These teachings promote a godly life. 4 Anyone who teaches something different is arrogant and lacks understanding.Such a person has an unhealthy desire to quibble over the meaning of words. This stirs up arguments ending in jealousy, division, slander, and evil suspicions. 5 These people always cause trouble. Their minds are corrupt, and they have turned their backs on the truth. To them, a show of godliness is just a way to become wealthy.
6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can¡¦t take anything with us when we leave it. 8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
9 But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 04:15AM by Escapee07.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: September 04, 2008 04:43AM

Kevin, though I much agree with a lot of your post in regards to, “God is breaking the system Radiant Life Church is under. It is a system that preaches the new covenant but lives under the old. People are trying to get closer to God by trying to get closer to a man of God. When we were born again Jesus became our mediator between us and the Father. We were never to give up our personal relationship with God to have a man come in between our relationship with our Father. That is were we made a mistake. The Father is breaking up the system at Radiant Life Church and things are going to get messy, that's ok God can work with mess. He is doing all of this. He is breaking covenants of the flesh (things done out of the flesh rather then the spirit) Nobody is at Fault! His blood truley covers our mistakes as well as the mistakes of others”,
I have to totally disagree with you bro in regards to the statement when you said, “Ok so if you have been rejected by the church does that validate us to reject? Take ten steps back and look at the big picture. God brings us all togethor to then reject us and throw us away? And… Tony is not a cult leader he is a man trying to do the best he can. Cut him some slack. So what if this whole organization crashes and becomes nothing. At least he tried. I commend him for that. Another problem with the system we were under is that there was not much room for mistake which truley cuts out the oppurtunity for the spirit of love and grace to move freely. God is love and he is not mad at Tony, me or you.”
A man that is blameless ownes up to his wrongs. Personally, this is not a matter of REJECTION but a matter of PERSONAL ABUSE. Can and should we forgive? ABSOLUTELY! Should we ignore and cover over and act as if it has not happened? HECK NO! God does not even do that. Hell, even the Apostle Paul said that for some issues, like...we need to “turn them over to Satan” so there may be a chance for repentance. Other times, “Titus 3:10Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him.To say that it is not his fault is like standing in front of a rape victim and trying to tell her that it is not the mans fault. "That it is the fleshly side of him or that it is his demons." Though that may be true, he still needs to have FULL discipline for his actions. Tony has been warned more than once, even by the elders and he has ignored most of the claims. NOTHING is being done so far, though much is being considered.

Also… To say that GOD IS NOT ANGRY at Him is speaking for God. That is pretty bold brother! I would say,"who can know what God is or is not feeling"? I can say this, “ if my kids were abused, manipulated like this and oppressed with this level of fear by some man or woman, I would be utterly grieved and upset. -like go to jail upset, if you know what I mean. God does have emotions. He is Jealous for his children.
Does LOVE cover over a multitude of sins! Yes! To LOVE like Jesus, love is often hard. TO LOVE IS TO DISIPLINE. If we do not discipline, we can not love. In order to disipline, the actions first need to be brought to light.

When this organization crashes, it may be because of Gods heavy hand and I will not commend Tony for Gods rebuke. When people are healed, and the abuse stops and genuine reconciliation happens accompanied with forgiveness, then I believe it will invite the Holy Spirit to move.

Kevin, I love you bro and this does not change our relationship. I know you know this. I just needed to share my thoughts with you in disagreement to your post. I am glad that your place in life is where it is at. Just know, many may not share your views. That is OK.

-Ryan-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 05:07AM by Deja Vu.

Date: September 04, 2008 04:53AM

That is basically what I said in my first post before i deleted it. I just didn't do it so nicely. AMEN TO EVERYTHING YOU SAID RYAN!!!

It is my understanding Kevin that you came to Christ while at Radiant Life Church. If indeed that is fact than you have been receiving false teaching from the VERY BEGINING of your walk. You may want to get to know a seasoned man of God who can read the bible without hearing Tony Cunningham's voice of interpretation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 05:04AM by Escapee07.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: September 04, 2008 04:56AM

Reta

“Tony is not a cult leader he is a man trying to do the best he can.”

I guess you see his suggestion to my wife that she divorce me, despite no biblical justification, as him doing the best he can. Or when he suggested that Bill Simon leave his children and wife, or when he told blatant lies about me and my family to other family members of mine as well as to people I don’t even associate with… at the risk of sounding a little upset I will tell you that Tony has done his best to maintain his narsasistic empire despite the casulties he might incure along the way. He has accknowlaged his disregard for people to my face… and he is responsible!!! Whether or not its my job to jugde him is not in question, that’s Gods duty. However, he has been recently comfronted about descrepencies in his character and his personal involvement in the hurting of people to which he has responded without a care… he has shown he does not care…

On the same note it is not our job to determine whether or not Tony is engaged in cult practices… it is either a fact or not a fact based on what qualifies an organization or an individual… I suggest each of us do our own research before coming to that conclussion… yet with that, once you are educated as to what qualifies an individual or organizaqtion as being cultlike in its practices it is a hard fact to refute that there is serious issues with Mr Cunnigham…

The following post should help...

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: September 04, 2008 04:59AM

You decide...

Aberrant Christian Groups -
These present extra-biblical or unbiblical teachings a truth, while using the Bible and outwardly Christian practices to lay claim to the name "Christian." Often they blend pagan thought (and even practices) with their teachings. Many adopt the name "Christian" on the basis that, to one degree or another, they claim belief in Jesus Christ as their Savior, and even hold many true doctrines. These groups present the greatest danger to Christians since their teachers truly are wolves in sheep's clothing. Some even find common ground with overtly non-Christian groups. Aberrant Christian groups may be independent churches or world-wide denominations, or they may develop as sub-movements within the mainstream of Christianity. In the latter case they usually center on a specific doctrine such as IIword-faith," "dominion theology," If British-Israelism," "Charismatism/' etc. They view as immature or unspiritual those Christians who do not identify with their exclusive dogma. The followers of some media teachers present good examples of sub-movements within mainstream Christianity. Like those in eastern mystical groups, some aberrant Christian groups even teach that we are gods, or are exactly like God. Some even teach we should think of ourselves as equal to God. They exalt themselves and look down on those who reject the idea of their intrinsic "godhood." The degree of aberration characteristic of such groups varies. In some respects many tend toward orthodoxy in the Christian faith while holding false doctrines significantly aberrational as to nullify or distort the Gospel. Their theology centers upon the Bible and the person of Jesus, but certain characteristics of their beliefs and practices set them apart from biblical faith.

CONFUSION.FEAR& GUILT
The dangers of involvement in cults are not always easily discernible. After a carefully programmed initiation it is often too late for one caught to recognize his predicament. This is mainly because he has slowly undergone an alteration in his thinking processes. Even if he eventually comes to realize he might have made a mistake, it becomes difficult to leave because of uncertainty. He may become confused due to guilt placed upon him by the cult; he may worry that he would be falling away from God should he leave the group.

In order to determine whether or not a group is adhering to biblical truth, it is necessary to understand how the group defines its terms. This is a genuine problem because cults often change the meanings of words in order to confuse the thinking of the unwary and reprogram them into conformity with the cult's tenets.
Because of this confusion of language it can be extremely difficult to determine the group's actual beliefs and lack of conformity to biblical standards. It is necessary therefore, to not only look at the group's teachings, but also at its practices. Teachings and practices combine to fann an overall climate of mind control which is evidenced in certain characteristics.

To help Christians determine if they (or someone they know) may be under cultic influence, we present the following questionnaire. Check the appropriate boxes.

DOES THE CHURCH OR
ORGANIZA nON:

o Have at its head a single person
or group of persons who claim to
be exclusive apostles to the
uni vers al Ch urch?

D Claim to be the only truth
Church?

D Teach that all other Christian
churches or denominations are
under Satan's control?

D Operate in a secret or semiwsecret
manner, shunning outsiders
unless they are invited by
members? (Many times such
organizations will seclude
themselves in rural areas or, if in
dties, will enclose their grounds
with high walls, hedges or iron
fences and gates.)
o Teach that no other church has
the spedal revelation from God
that they have?

D Teach that you should not
attempt to understand the deep
spiritual truths they impart, but
rather learn to "experience" the
reality of God or Jesus through
certain techniques?

D Tell vou that, rather than seek
trutl; from the Bible, you should
earnestly pray that if the things
they tell you are true you will
receive an "inner \\'illless" or
assurance vdthin yourself that
they arc true?

D Tell you that you should not
question your leaders' teachings,
but that you must trust that tiley
have received spedal revelation
from God as well as unquestionable
auti10rity to teach the
church?
o Require, or at least strongly urge
you to enter into the "flow of
things through exclusive contact
with your group?

D Require that all members have a
"covering," or be " disci pled" or
"shepherded" to the degree that
they must answer for all personal
actions and dedsions that are not
clearly delineated in the Bible?

D Tell you that should you leave
their fellowship you will
backslide, fall into Satan's hands,
become ill, suffer divorce, or have
some other evil befall you as part
of God's judgment?

D Teach that you must love each
other but that you must hate
God's enemies (defined as your
enemies because only you, as part
of the group, are on God's side)?

D Teach that there may be other
true believers, but since they are
not part of your group they are in
..darkness," ..
confusion,"
"Babylon," "sin," etc.?

D Have its own teachings,
traditions, teaching aids or books
that it tells you are equal with the
Bible in establishing truth?

D Teach that its authority and
traditions are equal to Scripture?

o Teach that if you are faithful to
this "true cl1urch" vou will find
spedal favor with God so as to be
spared from the Great Tribulation
or from other fonns of harm while
He pours out His wrath upon all
others, including other Christians?

D Teach that if you remain faithful
to the group you will one day be
Iike God an d will possess His
nature-that you will be exactly
as He is, or that you will be equal
with God?
o Teach that vou should discard
your own opinions and assume
the opinions of your leaders
bec.ause they are more learned in
spiritual matters, and their
opinions are t,:ri"en in your best
interests?
o Require that you donate your
time and talent as free labor to
the blfOUPin order to be
considered a rnem ber in good
standing'!

D Require that you tithe or give any
substantial portion of your
income to the group or to its
leaders in order to be in good
standing?
o Keep tabs on your attendance and
finandal giving in order to
determine if you are" doing your
part" in supporting the group?
o Teach that you must stop
thinking as an individual and
begin thinking corporately,
assigning your wiilto the wili of
the leaders, or to the \\,il of God
as defined by your leaders?
o Teach tl1at everyone is "out to
get" you, your leader or your
group, and that you must be
wiiling to sacrifice everything,
including your life, for your leader
or for the group?

D Shun those who have left the
group and label them "reprobate,"
"dogs," "heathen," "publicans," or
other derogatory terms?
o Cover up or ignore the sins of its
leaders or its leaders' families?
(Often the members are harshly
disdplined for their sins or even
minor indiscretions,and aremade
examples of while the leaders and
their families are allowed to act as
they will.)

D Have a reporting system that
suggests you reveal the faults or
discontentment of others? (The
excuse is often given that this is
necessary in order that they may
be "protected" from error and
kept on the right path,)

D Engage in public fights against its
detractors and (sometimes)
employ non-Christians to fight its
battles through lawsuits or
harrassment?

D Teach that the true Church has
not functioned or been in
existence since the first century
and that it must be "restored"
through your leaders' revealed
truths.
o Claim that its leader is the second
coming of Christ, and that he wiil
usher in the Kingdom of God for
ail who follow him?
o Stress the entering into of
covenants through which you
must remainloyal to your group,
and that if you break that
covenant you are out of covenant
with God?
D Teach that the Church is Christ
or that believers are some sort of
"ongoing" or "continual"
incarnation of God?

D Concentrate on teaching 'Within a
narrow scope while generaily
ignoring the greater counsel of
God revealed in the whole Bible?

D Have a "clergy-laity" mentality
that relegates the congregation to
dependence upon the leaders
effectively operating as a
"priesthood" through whom God
speaks ?
o Have a leader or pastor who is not
in submission to a generally
recognized group of elders within
the congregation?

D Have a "board" of elders who
essentiaily function as little more
than rubber stamps for the
pastor's vision or programs?

D Employ the euphemism, "Thou
shalt not touch God's anointed"
when its leaders are chailenged on
the basis of biblical truth?
o Teach that Jesus was just a man
like any other, but that He had a
spedal anointing-being
"Christed"-just as anyone else
can be?
o Teach that Jesus was or is an
angel or anyone other than God
incarnate?

D Teach that you are God or "a
god?"

D Teach that there are other
"scriptures" besides the Bible in
which God's truth has been
revealed?
o Induce an atmosphere of fear
and/or guilt among the members
for reasons that are not biblical?

CONCLUSION
The above are by no means the only indicators of cultic activity, Nor do one or two yes answers mean that you are dealing with a cult (depending upon the gravity of the questions), But even one yes answer can indicate that there is a cult mentality at work. If you find any of these characteristics in your church or organization it would benefit you to seek counsel from a church or organization that is qualified to assist you in determining whether there are any serious dangers present. If you do not know where you can place your trust, but you believe this message is relevant to your situation, you may contact Media Spotlight and we will attempt to direct you to someone in your area, or to a qualified cultwatching organization that may able to help you, Finaily, we should heed Paul's words of warning "that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunnlng craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ,"
(Ephesians 4:14-15)"

Copyright@1987, 1995, Media Spotlight
PO Box 290
Redmond, WA98073-0290
Additional copies available on request.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: September 04, 2008 05:19AM

kevinreta

I vehemently disagree with the bolded statements and believe Ryan has covered the points very well. Kevin, you are speaking for God. It is hard for me to believe that you have such a grasp on his voice that you know all the time what he is thinking. God does get angy. Yes God is love but there are instances documented in the Bible where he has been angry or disappointed about something, ie. money changers. Stop stretching the gospel to what you believe and see it for what it is. Nobody is at fault, give me a break. We are all accountable for our actions. We are not robots but humans with free will and consequences to the choices we make. Also to say that Radiant Life is not a cult is definately an opinion. If you read about the characteristics of cult, Radiant Life fits many of the examples. There have been many cultish behaviors, some of which I have witnessed the posters including you on this forum participating in. But the truth is you can argue back and forth about whether it is a cult or not but there is a bigger issue. The church, the elders, the leadership, and SOMA are very spiritually abusive and destructive in its teachings and practices.

I stand in agreement with all of the responses that were given to KevinRetas post.

Kevin, I get the impression that in your mind you believe that you are so plugged into God and his word. That you know he is speaking to you and what he is saying all the time. That you also want to lead people in their Christian walk. But I am not so sure. There have been other instances on here that quite frankly, you are speaking for God. Kevin, I do not want to discourage you from posting on this site but when I see things that need to be addressed then I will. I believe that you and some of us have alot of work to do to get the Radiant Life programming totally out of us. The post above to me indicates you have not yet. God is not only Love but he is Truth too. The truth can not be denied. I love you man.

Current Page: 91 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.