Current Page: 95 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: September 10, 2008 01:02AM

DITTO to what (pray4them) Shane just said!!!!!

Matt I am proud of you for grabbing your sword and being a soldier for the cause of Christ.

God is not done rescuing the wounded and broken who are still caught in the camp of the enemy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 10, 2008 12:48PM

I urge you to keep on praying that God would purify his church.

I’m going to post the most up-to-date information regarding Radiant Life Church.

1. Katy Texas Radiant Life Church has officially closed down and cut off all ties to Tony Cunningham.
2. Radiant Life Laguna and the leadership there have officially cut ties with Tony Cunningham.
3. Brandon Miller has officially resigned from Radiant Life Church Sacramento as he can no longer submit himself to Tony Cunningham and his False Teachings.

There are more shake ups happing as I post this. I have been asked by a few key saints who are still associated with the church and have not soiled there garments in Tony’s Menagerie of false teachings, to allow God to do his work in his timing.

Remember this:
“Striving to sin less leaves us dysfunctional and immature because it creates hiddenness.”
all of Tonys teachings have occured in the private chambers of SOMA & Discipleship.

“Performance-Obsessed Cultures can never promote healing. Rather, they create more wounding.”

Let me say that once again:
Performance-Obsessed Cultures like Radiant Life church can never promote healing. Rather, they (Tony Cunningham) create more wounding.

Posted by: keeping it real ()
Date: September 10, 2008 03:05PM

Apparently, according to this post Katy, has cut ties with Tony. This forum started from a woman in Katy who saw that is was a dangerous place, even without Tony as the pastor. People of Katy beware. Tom is no different. The mentality is already there. When you see him truly repent for the things he's done, the people he's used, and the families he's kissed off without a care, who've dedicated years to serving under him, then maybe you'll see a change man. Don't hold your breath. A true sheppherd would go after his sheep, not use them up, spit them out, and then find more to do the same to. This may sound hateful-it is not. It is a warning to the people I have brought in to the church. You don't just go from worshipping a man one day- to denouncing him the next. Its called damage control. Just keep your eyes open, and get your family to a church that hasn't been corrupted, Oh, and by the way, this forum should be red flag enough that all the elequent words are a crock.

Posted by: his daughter ()
Date: September 10, 2008 11:31PM

Thank you very much Braveheart for keeping us up to date. Please continue to do so.

I sadly have also left the church, but I continue to pray. I am glad to see that the 'momentum' is still going.

Blessings and encouragement to you all.

Posted by: BurnedByXians ()
Date: September 11, 2008 07:41AM

Be careful to say that Tom is no different. For all any of us know, he very well could have completely cut off ties with Tony. That is not to say he aint #*#*ed up still though. Let people work they sh*t out without tellin what they are doing. Yes still be on guard, but don't count him out. If it is true about this joke Brandon leaving and changing then maybe also the others. And what will tony do now to cover his ¤ss?

Posted by: long gone ()
Date: September 12, 2008 04:52AM

Lets not forget that Brandon Miller and Tom Borsic did what they did even when Tony was not around. Tom is a master at this cult game. Just because

he says he has cut ties with Tony does not mean that he will change his ways. Tom stated that he thought that Tony was a ”modern day Apostle” and

has modeled the raising of his kids after what Tony and Rose did with their kids. It is in my opinion that if these leaders of RLC or whatever they are

going to call it next should step down and not be in charge of anything or anyone. I know that I could not trust any of them to be honest after all the

years of deception.

Did anyone else have one of the staff of RLC say that it was not unbiblical to have more than one wife? I know that this is a quote of Tom Borsic and I

also say one post that is what Tony said too. What was that about?

Date: September 12, 2008 05:53AM

his daughter
.....I am glad to see that the 'momentum' is still going........
our prayers will not stop until Tony the false teacher repents & reconsiles with all who have been ripped off, lied to, manipulated & spiritualy abused due to his false teachings and steps down from ministry.

Posted by: his daughter ()
Date: September 12, 2008 06:53AM

Hi guys-

So I am facing what a lot of you have already faced. People talking, people being told not to talk and not to listen. I am not trying to shout it out to anyone I meet, but I won't tell any lies - that's for sure. It's dissapointing and hurtful. Many are still not willing to consider their part in all of this and that hurts even worse. I've heard of all kinds of abuse, but this is a totally different kind of dysfunction.

People are leaving left and right. It seems like just about the only ones left will be the ones coming in on the busses. All this talk of change and things getting better, but it all looks the same to me. It looks like one big cover up. I want to beleive differently, but where is the proof? Where is the fruit? Supposedly making it public about Brandon finally resigning was a 'breakthrough.' People at RLC speak for him and say why he left or what it means. Well I haven't heard anything from the man himself, so it really means nothing to me. I really wish he would come forward and dispell all the mysteries, but I guess in a way he has already done that. So we are left with the question: Where is the accountability to the body? So many excuses about confidentiality, even condemnation for for trying to work through this stuff by calling it gossip or slander. I am not sinning because I am trying to find out just what kind of church I go to. Some people need to reference their dictionaries. And if these issues would have been handled YEARS AGO, like they should have, then people would not have had to post on a public forum to get themselves heard and the elders would not be cleaning up a terrible mess now.

So now what? I am not letting go of church because this one turned out messy. I need a new home. If any of you are willing to tell me of a good place to go, or possibly even someone at a church (scripturally sound of course) who I could talk to about some of these things - that would be great. (Private message please.) I am second-guessing a lot of things that I have been taught and it sucks. It's like I have to go back to basics all over again. No one really left to trust. Thanks.

Posted by: long gone ()
Date: September 12, 2008 08:19AM

his daughter

I agree how can you trust anyone. It will take a lot of time. When I first came to this forum long ago I was full on for RLC Katy and could not understand why the moderator kept putting up all these rules about churches their leadership and finances. Now I could not agree more, a church needs to be transparent and open about finances and leadership. Had RLC done this none of us would be on this forum now. Accountability would be nice but why would they start now a simple I sorry is all you will ever get and as I have seen some in leadership are quick to say sorry and not mean a word of it.

I will never overlook red flags again no matter how hard a “leader” tries to explain them away.

Red flags I overlooked
Young girls living with the pastor, and would not speak about her family back home.
Pastor and other leaders living way beyond their means. (Lavish vacations, backyards, dinners to name a few)
Communal living and most living in the same neighborhood within a stones throw of each other. (one third ownership of a house for some communal living)
A room and bathroom set aside and a Car and motorcycle sitting waiting for a pastor who comes in once every 3 months or so. By the way it was a Porsche boxster and a BMW motorcycle and none of the people I have talked to seem to know where the money came from to buy the car and motorcycle.
Kids not allowed to do outside activities such as baseball, football and so forth.
Given the opportunity to bless Tony with a vacation because we were one of the” key family’s”.
By the way none of this is hearsay it is fact and all of this took place in Katy, TX. And yes it is true there is a church on every corner and it is a very affluent area we did not need RLC at all. It is said that CA is the land of the granola fruit, nuts and flakes some of the people that RLC sent here proved that. This is not to say that all who came to Texas are bad but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

I don’t like long posts so I apologize but I had to get some of this off my chest. I too was taken for a ride by RLC Katy. I forgive all involved but I will not have anything to do with them nor trust them again. Who you say were the offenders ? Tom, Michelle ,Darren and Kelly

Posted by: FantasticVoyage ()
Date: September 12, 2008 04:22PM

Hi, everyone.

Wanted to address some of the more recent posts...

I can't speak from first-hand experience as I haven't spoken to Tom or Brandon, but could it be possible that they were in the same place as the rest of us "pilgrims," just carrying way more influence? (Conversely, just as we are responsible for our own actions and are accountable for those we led/lead, they are also, and that much more.) Let me explain: How many of you questioned and questioned and threw your OWN God-given thoughts aside because you were trying to attain a higher level of holiness or righteousness? Trying to "no longer conform to the patterns of this world" so you took what you thought was the best example set before you and, as we were taught, attempted to imitate the faith of that person? You see, we were all duped. And really, it's the people closest to the source of all of this BS that were probably hurt the worst. Think about it! Who changed their lives the most and walked the tightrope the best? Whose leashes were held closest ALL THE TIME? The main component that I have read and heard over and over in people who have had that lightbulb moment where they realize that something just isn't right, is that they are AFRAID. They fear rejection, losing covering, losing proximity to God because they are walking away from their "calling," the great, big VISION. So if these thoughts were stirring in you for say, a year, before you made your exodus, couldn't the same thing be happening to everyone? And if my de-programming is going on 2 years, and I still have more to go, just imagine all the de-programming they have to do!

The greatest reason why I mention any of this is that we really don't know what is going through the minds of Tom, Brandon and the elders. Some people are more privy to that information, but I am not one of them. I am not excusing the hurt and devastation that comes in the aftermath. Should wrongs be made right? Oh yeah! So often, saying you're sorry to someone goes a lot further than we realize. I wouldn't keep adding my two-cents on this forum if I didn't honestly believe that God could use it in some capacity as a place for people to come and know that they aren't alone, and hopefully be free. I just think that the more time we spend bashing people, the less opportunity we will have for people to come on here and share and actually be heard! Who, in their right mind, would continue to read, by choice, how much people hate you? I know this has been an avenue for people to express their thoughts to the leadership because they found out they read it. How credible will any of our testimonies and, for the sake of making a point here, "arguments" be if our expressions are filled with speculation and finger-pointing? I believe sharing our personal experiences has probably been the greatest source of both healing and eye-opening for others.

Again, these are just my thoughts, not necessarily an absolute truth. I just hate to see all the positive that has come from this, get washed away with all the negative.

Andrea

Current Page: 95 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.