Current Page: 89 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: August 29, 2008 06:50AM

nunourbeswks
I am stunned by how big this thread is!

I scanned through the first couple and the last several pages. I'm seeing a lot of hurt and angry people; that certainly sucks. I even saw one post that likened the pastor to Hitler and Manson! I mean, wow! That's serious stuff!

I also saw a lot of desire for healing; that's quite cool. Maybe I missed it, but was there mention of what it would take for people to heal? I guess what I'm asking is what are you looking for to get a resolution?

The reason I ask is I have friends that have also been hurt by a church in our area and I'm looking for input that may help them

Thanks.

nunourbsweks,
It might be good for you to go back through especially from about page 40 or so. A lot has transpired since then and you may be able to get the whole scoop. There is no certain formula for healing except for Christ working in each and everyone individually. Some have found a place of rest in others, while some have encountered Gods truth, peace and rest by Him and Him alone and some have been taken under the wings of other shepherds who have a genuine heart for God and are loving and deprogramming them. Seek truth, tell your friends to come on here if they so choose but ultimately...just be a source of light and encouragement and help them look to heaven for wisdom and rest.

If you have questions, I am open to talk. Just PM me.

-Ryan-

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 30, 2008 12:07PM

Okay, so I have a question for any of ya'll SOMA students. I was thinking back to a time when I heard a couple of SOMA students leaving the class and saying stuff like "man that teaching was intense" and "I don't even know if I am saved now" I was always curious as to what could they have possibly been taught that would cause them to doubt their own salvation.
Do any of you guys know what I am talking about?

Also I had mentioned before being in a setting at a leaders home, where we were all sitting around talking about things learned in SOMA, and the subject of the Bible came up. Then someone started to talk about what they were learning in SOMA and kind of got hushed. They started to talk about how the word of God is written by man and has flaws. That is about the time they said, well we aren't supposed to discuss this becuase some people aren'y mature enough to handle it.

I was thinking about that and wondering, what is being taught in SOMA that has people questioning the validity of the word of GOD???

Do any former SOMA students have inside testimony into this subject??? I went to a couple of SOMA classes in it's second year, that was about the time spiritual parenting really started to take off and I heard some teaching on it. I don't have my notes anymore.

Oh, yeah I remember hearing that 3 year class was run like military were they break you down and build you back up. (someone actually told me this analogy that was in SOMA at the time) like it was okay for the Teachers to call you front of the whole class and correct you on the spot. IT was supposed to build closer relationships or something...I don't really know the point since it is not scriptual...I saw a time when Tony actually yelled and belittled someone in the middle of class. His teaching style with in SOMA was very condescending.

Memories of things I have heard in the past have been coming to me, and as I share I hope for insight from some of you who might know more detailed information about why people would say and so things.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2008 12:12PM by Escapee07.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 31, 2008 12:03AM

As I read my bible I do not see an example of a prophet of God running around representing and being a spokesman or mouth piece for God and speeking words that conflict with His 10 commandments or the word of God..nor do we see God handing out prophisies that end up becoming hurtful and dammaging to the people the words were spoken to. the only time God would bring anegitive word through a prophet would be to warn sombody that God's judgment was comming or God would be handing out a conciquence for going against his commands. . In all the biblical history we do not see God handing out words of prophicy that conflict with the very nature of God.. However with Tonys prophetic/techings they do. would God send Tony to teach his children a new teaching that conflicted with any of His commands? then why accept a false teaching like Siritual Parenting that encourages people to denounce and reject their parents this is a direct conflict to the commandments!

so you have to ask the questions like would God change his mind and send down a teaching or word that conflicted with his very nature... NO! so elders and church body what are you going to do with this false teacher? how much manipulation, hurt and wicked councel are you going to tolorate?

Date: August 31, 2008 01:02AM

Jeremiah 23:16-32 (New International Version)

16 This is what the LORD Almighty says:
"Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds,
not from the mouth of the LORD.

17 They keep saying to those who despise me,
'The LORD says: You will have peace.'
And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts
they say, 'No harm will come to you.'

18 But which of them has stood in the council of the LORD
to see or to hear his word?
Who has listened and heard his word?

19 See, the storm of the LORD
will burst out in wrath,
a whirlwind swirling down
on the heads of the wicked.

20 The anger of the LORD will not turn back
until he fully accomplishes
the purposes of his heart.
In days to come
you will understand it clearly.

21 I did not send these prophets,
yet they have run with their message;
I did not speak to them,
yet they have prophesied.

22 But if they had stood in my council,
they would have proclaimed my words to my people
and would have turned them from their evil ways
and from their evil deeds.

23 "Am I only a God nearby,"
declares the LORD,
"and not a God far away?

24 Can anyone hide in secret places
so that I cannot see him?"
declares the LORD.
"Do not I fill heaven and earth?"
declares the LORD.

25 "I have heard what the prophets say who prophesy lies in my name. They say, 'I had a dream! I had a dream!' 26 How long will this continue in the hearts of these lying prophets, who prophesy the delusions of their own minds? 27 They think the dreams they tell one another will make my people forget my name, just as their fathers forgot my name through Baal worship. 28 Let the prophet who has a dream tell his dream, but let the one who has my word speak it faithfully. For what has straw to do with grain?" declares the LORD. 29 "Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

30 "Therefore," declares the LORD, "I am against the prophets who steal from one another words supposedly from me. 31 Yes," declares the LORD, "I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare, 'The LORD declares.' 32 Indeed, I am against those who prophesy false dreams," declares the LORD. "They tell them and lead my people astray with their reckless lies, yet I did not send or appoint them. They do not benefit these people in the least," declares the LORD

Posted by: txB2God ()
Date: August 31, 2008 01:30AM

QUESTIONS FOR THE CHURCH TO CONSIDER...

I am The Lord thy God, Have no other Gods but Me"...

Do you give honor due to God to a man?

"All Authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." ( here is the real commisioning) "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations..."

If Jesus is the source of real spiritual authority, where does your authority come from?

If the Blood Jesus shed on Calvary paid the price for our sins, and is our covering...

Do we need, or even can a human be our covering?

Do we want the human spirit of a man?; or the Holy Spirit of God as promised by Jesus...

Date: August 31, 2008 01:46AM

OUR PART!

I was considering some things this morning in light of Bravehearts posting. It made me think. In 1 Samuel 8, God tells Samuel that since Israel is not good anymore with having a prophet of God oversee them and instead of God himself being there king, he answers their request for a "Human" King. He told Samuel to warn them of what the King will do. We know from history how it has gone ever since.

I WONDER?

Would God send us a "FALSE APOSTLE"? a "FALSE PROPHET"? to deceive us? Or.. Is it a consequence of our actions for SO WANTING TO RELY ON MAN for the hearing of Gods voice and for our leading? Maybe it is a consequence from God or maybe a tool of the enemy? Who knows? It seems that we, as a body of Christ, have for so long pushed God away. We cry out for TRUTH and GRACE. We cry out for the "hearing of Gods voice", yet rely on a man to deliver it from the pulpit or from behind a cardboard box. We fear Man and not God. Is it possible that HE just gave us what we really wanted? I believe we are all in a great midst of change and relearning right now. I believe that God is speaking to us. He wants to be our king and our God. He wants to speak to all of us individually. God has given people throughout time a lying spirit and an evil spirit to accomplish his great plan of change and restoration by disciplining his children. In Romans 9:14-18 it says,
" 14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses,
"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."[f] 16It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. 17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."[g] 18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
I believe my part in this is to trust in God and rely on his voice as my leader in my life. TO BELIEVE that he is my King. I personally have acknowledged this recently and am beginning to live by it. I BELIEVE that all of us hear God more than we have been told we hear Him. I BELIEVE that he wants to lead us and speak more than he already is. I BELIEVE he wants to give us His Spirit so that we may live by His Council. I BELIEVE that God wants to restore his Kingdom and wants to mount his throne again. He chooses to allow Man to sit on it because out of His love for us, we have chosen man to sit on the throne of Heaven. I BELIEVE that God wants to be king over His Kingdom again so He can reign as a righteous King and that we may be a kingdom of Priests and kings.

OUR PART...

Well let me say this; "MY PART" is to not only repent for not wanting him as King but also for not living like He is real. I personally am asking him to be restored as King over this City and His whole Kingdom, and I am choosing to begin to live like it. That He may speak to me, lead me and love through me.

If this seemed like preaching to many of you, it is because some of it probably was. I am not sorry for it. I really felt like I needed to share this perspective that God showed me this morning. I hope for some, it may hit home and that it was an encouragement to you. For others, just throw it out if it was not for you. Bless you all in Chirst.

-Ryan-

Date: August 31, 2008 07:52AM

Déjà Vu that was an excelent post. it makes me wonder is it just this simple that Tonys God is not the same God of the Bible? his God likes to manipulate and break up marrages plus turn children from their parents. Tonys God is not the God of the Bible.

Date: August 31, 2008 10:48PM

Well for many of you who read this forum and have a hard time thinking of Tony as a false prophet I would like you to take a look in n history and considder Brigamm Young and Joseph Smith. These were Two guys who thought God had given them a NEW WORD and convienced there followers that they were Gods chosen men. What I find interseting is the corolations between Brigamm Young and Joseph Smith vs. Tony Cunningham is how quickly the main streem Christians and Christian Churches wanted nothing to do with them. The Radiant Life Church in Katy Texas has a strong opposition from the Christian community in that area. So if God told Tony to plant a church there wouldent you think there would be harmony and peace in planting a church? In Sacramento Radiant Life Church has a bad reputation within the Christian community there. Radiant Life has no relationships with any of the Christian Churches in Sacramento area and is considered an abomination to the Christian Church at large.

Now I see that RLC of Katy has taken down their web site what is the status of Tom and Tonys relationship?? Has Tony burned another bridge?

Date: September 01, 2008 03:53AM

BraveHeart
Well for many of you who read this forum and have a hard time thinking of Tony as a false prophet I would like you to take a look in n history and considder Brigamm Young and Joseph Smith. These were Two guys who thought God had given them a NEW WORD and convienced there followers that they were Gods chosen men. What I find interseting is the corolations between Brigamm Young and Joseph Smith vs. Tony Cunningham is how quickly the main streem Christians and Christian Churches wanted nothing to do with them. The Radiant Life Church in Katy Texas has a strong opposition from the Christian community in that area. So if God told Tony to plant a church there wouldent you think there would be harmony and peace in planting a church? In Sacramento Radiant Life Church has a bad reputation within the Christian community there. Radiant Life has no relationships with any of the Christian Churches in Sacramento area and is considered an abomination to the Christian Church at large.

Now I see that RLC of Katy has taken down their web site what is the status of Tom and Tonys relationship?? Has Tony burned another bridge?

I would like to add something to that Braveheart: Some may say in response to this post that, NO, there isn't always harmony and peace when starting a new church. There is "persecution" and "opposition" from the enemy. I used to buy into that a lot though some of it has a valid point. I had so much demonic activity over the years in my home and used to blame it on the fact that it is because the "WAY" of Radiant Life was opposing of the demonic realm. The opposite has been made clear to me. Since I left RLC, the demonic activity in my home stopped until I started WARING against the church. Until I became connected again.

BOTTOM LINE: Tony has NO TRANSLOCAL authority at all like many think that he does. In fact, MANY pastors and leaders in Elk Grove and Sacramento want this whole charade to stop and TOny out! The community of Katy opposed the RLC. They got there way. See, Katy is a bible belt and are at least unified to a level. RLC comes along and teaches new heresies and "separatism" from the rest of the Church. It was not received well. They wanted RLC out! Here is the truth! WE ARE THE BODY! If RLC saw themselves as a genuine part of the whole body instead of thinking themselves as the head. they probably would be received at some level. RLC needs checks and balances and needs to submit to others governing bodies under Christ. JESUS IS THE HEAD and we all equally are the Body. We are all priests in Gods Kingdom. God is TAKING his throne back!

The enemy does not want reconciliation to happen and does not want this HUGE LIE exposed. There are unseen things spiritually that come with the package of RLC that you want to run from as quick as possible. Renounce them. Detach them from you. These are the things that rob, steal and destroy your Joy, Peace, Truth, Family, Friends and first love with God. Some of you need to stay and fight. Be on guard though. Stay strong! Hang on to each other. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

-Ryan-

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: September 01, 2008 05:03AM

Okay, so I have had an interesting Sunday....Please know that your postings and testimonies here on this forum are not only helpful to the people who post here. It is obvious that other people read it and it affects them greatly!

Keep on pressing toward the goal and fight fight fight!

God Bless,
Nicole

Current Page: 89 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.