Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: December 20, 2011 10:04PM

Good Morning,

I wanted to let those who had attended TPC know that Leo Lupine passed away yesterday at home. D of D's son was his next door neighbor and called his Mom. Leo was a shining light at TPC. He was always ready to give you a hug and a smile every Sunday morning as one of the greeters. While we all may have had our issues with the leadership at TPC, Leo was not a part of that mess. I know he went home to be with the Lord and I am sure some day when I get to the gates of Heaven, Leo will be there to give me a hug and a smile just like he did every Sunday for so many years.

Saddened

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 21, 2011 01:41AM

thanks for posting that braveheart, It always seemed wierd to me for a chruch to have classes (and charge for them) to learn how to have spiritual gifts,, I kinda figured the spirit would be the one giving the gifts and would also do the instructing on there usage. Ive seen so many people who mike or cyndi told they have special gifts, take off on thier own power, spewing thier junk all over others. espicially those who get those words from God. like God told me your gonna get a raise at work, and the next day they get fired, lol,, stuff like this happened all the time. most of this stuff seems more to be wishfull thinking than Gods word. thses self porcaimed prophets, seem to forget that Gods prophets werent the most popular people, and the stuff they said most people didnt want to hear. there is nothing wrong with praying for someone, we should all do it, what wrong is thinking you have some special power to cause these prayers to happen. or you can read some book by some good sounding guy and follow his 3 easy steps to become a healer or prophet. this is my own opinion, it may not be the truth of God , but for myself , if God gave me a special gift, I would be totally humbled by it, knowing how wretched, and really undeserving I am. the way some speak for God makes me think they have absolutly no fear for Him at all.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: December 21, 2011 01:52AM

When looking at the false teachers and the fruit they produce also consider the warning in Matthew 7:15
“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits.

Now consider the strong warning from Paul listing out the characteristics of a false teacher.
But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins,led on by various impulses, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Paul is not describing Charlie Sheen but false teachers.

Date: December 22, 2011 03:50AM

I have read some of the recent blogs when I was defending Cathy Shaw and stating some of the gifts that I have seen people of prayer use.

These gifts are from the Holy Spirit and are not used to bring attention to those that have them. They are to bring Glory to our most High God. Never the person.

I was not by any means trying to say I (or others I have seen that have this gifts) are any better than others, because WE ARE NOT.

We as the body of Christ all have various gifts that the Holy Spirit has given us. We should never think that our gifts are more improtant than someone else's. It was never my intention to come across that I was so important because I'm not. The gifts they are given to us should never be used to bring attention to ourselves because that is prideful and arrogant.

I love my Jesus so much and I always check in with the Lord to show me the errors of my ways and help me change them. I always pray "Lord grant me your heart and place your love in my heart so I can see people through your eyes and love them like you do".

I agree that we don't boast of the gifts the Lord has given us. So if this is the way I came off to some of you I am sorry. My intent was to defend Cathy Shaw and the area I have seen her work in as the Lord's servant and people I knew that love prayer. That is all.

I repeat from my previous blogs that I want not part of leadership at TPC and do not attend there anymore because of off the abuses and Word of Faith, etc that entered in at that church. I myself do not like to be noticed and was not while I did attend this church. I stayed in the background and just wanted to listen and do what the Holy Spirit placed on my heart. That happened to be prayer.

With that said, please reconsider your words to me since assumptions were made of me being a Pharisee, etc. As for me I will continue to serve the Lord where He wants me to be. I am not to be pleasers of men, just pleasing to the Lord. God Bless.

Date: December 22, 2011 05:35AM

jcimd I pretty sure we werent talking about you, but about something that went on at turningpoint frequently. there where many instances where so called prayer warriors, speaking for God were way off. and those who thought themselves gifted at prophesy running around giving words from God that were also way off. none of us humans can know the heart of another, good or bad. we cant even tell by actions, since selfish motives can be hidden well. the point is I guess is that the Jesus you love dearly and surrender to does know all our hearts. so no defense is needed amungst us humans lol

Date: December 22, 2011 07:48AM

nooneofanyimportence
jcimd I pretty sure we werent talking about you, but about something that went on at turningpoint frequently. there where many instances where so called prayer warriors, speaking for God were way off. and those who thought themselves gifted at prophesy running around giving words from God that were also way off. none of us humans can know the heart of another, good or bad. we cant even tell by actions, since selfish motives can be hidden well. the point is I guess is that the Jesus you love dearly and surrender to does know all our hearts. so no defense is needed amungst us humans lol

It does sadden me when people are speaking what they think are prophetic words which are nothing but the flesh. Especially words that would harm a person or set them off track. That is why it says "test the spirit". Yes, I do believe some peole do use it for selfish motives. Or they can't tell if the words are of their flesh, Satan or the Lord's. I was lucky. When I attended one of the small prayer groups, I never witnessed these type of poor actions. God Bless

Date: December 24, 2011 03:12PM

LearningPoint:

I sent you a private message. Merry XMAS, JCIMD

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 24, 2011 10:27PM

Ostracizedone :

Your posts are off topic.

This is not a thread for you to convey personal information.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: January 19, 2012 06:11AM

Any word on what the former leaders are up to and who the current ones are and whether or not there has been a return to the Word of God or if they're still chasing goofy prosperity-based doctrines of demons?

Anyone?...Anyone?...

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: January 19, 2012 06:14AM

Also, thank you, Saddened, for letting us know about Leo.

It's comforting have the great hope of our resurrection in Christ--that by God's grace, we'll see each other again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.