Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: June 29, 2010 09:32PM

A twitter twit from a staff person at TPCWOC to the TPCWOC people one day before the TPCWOC float was to be in the Strawberry festival parade.

We have decided to withdraw our Turning Point float from the parade this year. Please pass this on to all our TPC family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: June 30, 2010 03:06AM

(ex-tpcwocattender - to be more accurate)

I was talking to wonderingnow and we both had the same reaction to the news from TPC, hurt. Though there was and is vindication for the reasons we left we also were experiencing pain for those who were now possibly starting down the road of being hurt by a church. I know several of you and that your prayer has been that eyes would be opened and that hearts would be turned to God. Over the past year I have lamented on why it was talking so long for God to answer those prayers but the time is now upon us. God is opening eyes and he is turning hearts toward him. Prayer is still needed for there will be many confused and hurt people that we all once knew so well. Some might be turning to this very forum to read what we have been saying all along. They will see the hurt we have felt and they will see the truth in our words. We need to now give them the hope of healing.

For all the people who have had their eyes opened and for those churches that took the stand and in love came to TPC in hopes of opening their eyes to where correction needed to take place - God's peace, power and love be with you all.

Date: June 30, 2010 04:43AM

This thread started in October 2008.

It appears we have come full circle. It is none the less a sad day. So many have been hurt along the way.
Several have completely walked away from church altogether. Lord, please, please, please draw those people to you and you alone.

I do not know all the particulars, but have heard that churches have disassociated themselves from TPCWOC and have stated they will no longer be in unity with TPCWOC. To those pastors who have listened to the stories, who have read this forum, who have prayed and fasted seeking God's leading in all of this I say bless you. I exhort you to hold up the Bible as truth and unity in CHRIST. Bless you for confronting TPC in love and in truth.

I am encouraged that Jeff and Kim have initiated a process of reconciliation. This good news. I am glad that the forum has been useful in some ways.

Jeff has some serious leadership flaws and probably should not be leading a church. The fact that he was not willing to confront Mike but was very willing to help Mike in his endeavor to hurt and deceive speaks volumes.

I hope that Jeff and Kim will seriously consider stepping down from ministry. Yes, they are forgiven, but they are just as responsible for the harm, hurt, lies, and false teaching that have come out of TPCWOC as Mike is. They are not fit to lead in my opinion.

A true God led leader would have put it all on the line and confronted Mike and Cyndi back when the forum got started - even if it meant resigning. Instead Jeff and Kim both made the conscience choice to lie, obfuscate, and cover up - not something a leader would do.

Just my thoughts...God is in control

My prayers go out for all who may just be starting the hurting and healing process. May you know the love, peace and comfort of our Lord in this time.

To those of you who took time to share your thoughts and stories on this forum thank you. May your healing continue and may God be glorified through your experience.

I think of M & M, Learning Point, Buddy, D of D, and several others who challenged my thinking and helped me to search out my own heart along the way. Thank you for your faithfulness to truth; for your willingness to be attacked for the truth; for taking time and energy to help others who were hurt along the way. Blessing upon each one of you.

Finally, I continue to pray for Mike and Cyndi, that God's fullness and glory would be made real and evident to each of them in the midst of their healing. I pray for their eyes to be opened to the truth and that their hearts would be moved to confession and healing.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: June 30, 2010 08:17AM

Why hasn't anyone posted what the news really is? Have they repented? Have they fire
the useless elders who didn't have the BALLS to stand against all the crap? Have they owned their lies, heresies, cover ups and slander. Will they reconcile with my family? How will they do that exactly? When they announce Mike was gone-- did they tell the truth or nake some excuse to cover the REAL reason. Still covering up??

Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: June 30, 2010 01:33PM

I can't be specific because my source is too intimately involved and asked me to keep it to myself, though it is only a matter of time before it is public knowledge. I have not heard for myself but I understand that some repentance did take place this last Sunday during the service from the pulpit by Jeff Barnes.

Date: June 30, 2010 02:05PM

Wish I had more to say regarding the developments at TPCWOC. I dont really know anymore than what I posted earlier.
I would suspect you could call the church and ask to speak with an elder, staff person, or even Jeff. They may or may not be willing to discuss it with you but you can always try.

In the past when the church was called by forum members they were rebuffed. I dont think that will be the case this time.

Just a thought.

Date: July 01, 2010 01:11AM

UndeniablyLivid
Why hasn't anyone posted what the news really is? Have they repented? Have they fire
the useless elders who didn't have the BALLS to stand against all the crap? Have they owned their lies, heresies, cover ups and slander. Will they reconcile with my family? How will they do that exactly? When they announce Mike was gone-- did they tell the truth or nake some excuse to cover the REAL reason. Still covering up??

Its interensting that a couple of years before all this stuff Jackie Singer, stepped down as an elder,because she didn't think she was qualified. Her daughter was out of control making her homelife chaotic. Knowing the requirements for being and elder wasnt being met she gave up her position for the sake of righteousness, she had only been back as an elder for a short time, when she stood up against the covering ups and resigned. So its kinda ironic that a person who gives up a position to do the right thing, who quits a high paying job for honesty's sake, gets accused of stealing, a pultry sum of money. it makes no sense. I have to ask the elders what profits a man to gain position in the church and lose his soul. like the pharisis before you, do you think God is going to look down on your postition and grant you favor because you have the title of elder, or will He look at your heart and see how obedient you were to Him, and being obedient to the pastor is NOT being obedient to Him all the time. I really think John bevere has screwed up a lot of people with that undercover book, these guy believe they are godly because they submit to their pastor, Yet they have no real comunication with God, An elder is suppsoed to make sure the church is operating in Godly ways that the church is being obedient to Gods words not the head pastors. but alas, if the elders have no real understanding of Gods ways, and all they desire is position, and respect and to sit in the fine seats at church, then they are no better then the pharisis of old. their arrogance blinds them. Elders of turning point, look at the fruits of your leadership. examine the broken, hurting people who suffer because of your lack of selflessness, and willingness to do the right and Godly thing,

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: July 01, 2010 08:45AM

Just finished listening to Jeff Barnes reconciliation sermon from last Sunday. Jeff talks about reconciliation with those who have been hurt. But says nothing about the false doctrine that has been taught TPCWOC. Wondering why that was not addressed, because that was the main reason why I left and believe others left for the same reason. Does anybody know if that has been addressed to the congregation by Jeff (Rock) Barnes. After listening to the sermon I went to the TPCWOC Home web site under Elder page and noticed false Apostle Mike and Cyndi Villamors pictures are missing. United Globel Ministry (UGM) was also missing. I hope and pray that Jeff is truly seeking to reconcile with all those who have been hurt, but also to confess and stop all the false teaching if he has not already done so. And disconnect there association with false teachers and churches like City Church, Casey Treats Church, Dr. Increase, Dr. Favor, prosperity word faith movement doctrines. Quit having false teachers in your church and quit sending your sheep to conferences where these wolves in sheeps clothing are devouring your flock. Jeff and company in my opinion are so indoctrinated into some of the false teaching that its going to be hard for him and others to come out from it. I have heard Jeff try and play down all the false doctrine as if it was only little doctrinal difference like the gift of speaking in tongues. In the mean time I will be waiting for my phone call from Jeff!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2010 08:48AM by buddy.

Date: July 01, 2010 12:24PM

buddy
Jeff and company in my opinion are so indoctrinated into some of the false teaching that its going to be hard for him and others to come out from it. I have heard Jeff try and play down all the false doctrine as if it was only little doctrinal difference like the gift of speaking in tongues. In the mean time I will be waiting for my phone call from Jeff!

Pastor Mike said it best: "Pastor Jeff Barnes is just such a man, and he is ready NOW. He is a true son in the faith to us, will continue to impart the DNA of our ministry to you, and has much to add that will only prosper those who call TPC their church home. He has over a decade of ministry experience, is an honored graduate of PNBC, has proven himself as a man of faith and wisdom over and over again, and has been intentionally trained up for this time. "

Jeff is infected with MIKE's DNA. And Mike is infected with TONY's DNA. Tony's fate is Mike's fate is Jeff's fate. As I listened to the message from Sunday, I did not hear anything that would lead me to believe that Jeff recognizes the destructiveness of the teaching that has taken place at Turning Point Church World Outreach Center. I was also reminded of the previous so called "reconciliation" moments during the last two years and found myself wondering if this wasn't just another head feign. Time will tell.

I believe Jeff and Kim should take a minimum of one year off from ministry. This time would allow for repentance, reconciliation, reflection and restoration. Will they? I dont know. I doubt it. But it certainly should be seriously considered. Also, I believe all the ELDERs should step down. They, too, were instrumental in allowing the hurt and heresies to take root and be perpetrated. Yes, it is good and right to admit offenses. Yes, it is good to ask forgiveness; Yes, it is good and right to extend forgiveness. However, these are just the beginning. There needs to be a real and tangible change. Without a change, I fear that the cycle will only repeat itself in another 5 years. A good first step towards change is to change the leadership that brought Turning Point Church to this place. The Elders need to step down. Will this occur? Time will tell.

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: July 02, 2010 06:17AM

The Bible says "if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us from all unrighteousness." So, if TP leadership confesses their wrong-doings, then we must seek to forgive. Forgiveness is a process. The request for forgiveness should be followed by a willingness to put right or make whole the victims created by this mess. The first place they should start is to reimburse the member they accused of stealing for the attorney that had to be paid to defend their rights. This would be a good first start. I agree that all leaders should step down except for Jeff Moors. He is the only one who actually honored his mother. He loved his mother when everyone else stood in judgment of her. He is a good son, and would make a good leader. He may have been exposed to the DNA of Mike V, but he has the DNA more predominantly of his mom. He is marked by the Holy Spirit. This I know. Kathryn Cantwell and her husband should step down as well. Kathryn proved a false friend and turned against a pastor who had prayed over her son who was restored and did not die.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.