Current Page: 14 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: January 20, 2009 02:47AM

Consider Mike's response to wolves as you listen to this audio of a pastor who advocates the Biblical response to wolves. (Please take the 10 minutes to listen.)

[www.youtube.com]

I hope the contrast is like a bucket of cold water in the face to any still at Turning Point who have doubts. Please see, take to heart, that Mike has forgotten to humbly cling to ONLY the Word of God. And NO ONE IS HOLDING HIM ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT HE SAYS. The wolf comment is UNEXCUSABLE!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: January 20, 2009 04:03AM

TurningPointReject
What happens when it is the pastor who invites the wolf into the flock and asks the flock to eat the wolf's food?

I'm pretty verse this verse will apply It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.Luke 17:2

Posted by: Northwest ()
Date: January 20, 2009 08:34AM

Hello

I go to Turing point and was not able to attend the fan the flame in which mike said that statement. I was wondering what the larger context was or what you thought he meant by it?

At worst it looks like he said something stupid, something all of us are guilty of.

Mike Villamor's quote of the week:"If a wolf gets into our midst we will buy some dog food. Idon't know! We will deal with that when we get there."
-Fan the Flame 1/16/09

Posted by: M&M ()
Date: January 20, 2009 03:16PM

I would like to second Northwests comments.

Buddy please clarify the larger context.

To those who responded to this you know I love you. But I hope all of us will be very careful to make sure of the larger context before we respond. Is that an honorable policy?

What text was Mike commenting on?

What led to the comments?

Was it an off hand joke?

Was he making an argument that it really is ok to have people who want to hurt the church to come in?

I hope we will always give the benefit of the doubt and be gracious.

Please feel free to give me feedback on this.

M&M

Date: January 20, 2009 03:38PM

Hey, M&M. I understand and respect your desire to be careful. But can you even imagine a context in which it would be OK to say,

"If a wolf gets into our midst we will buy some dog food. I don't know! We will deal with that when we get there"?

I know we all make mistakes, but teachers are held to a higher standard, and carelessness behind the pulpit is pretty serious. I wouldn't be inclined to be so hard on this, except that I've witnessed too many similar instances of carelessness and cavalier attitudes on this front, and it's just not OK.

In addition, not having an idea what you would do (what biblical approach you would take as one responsible for leading and directing the vulnerable in Christ) if wolves should come into your midst is . . . what adjective should I use? Scary? Odd? Alarming?...Something else?

Do you think the pastor (any pastor) should have at least some idea of what he would do if a wolf came into the flock? Or do you think it's OK just to wing it and wait until the havoc begins? What responsibility does a pastor have in this?

I know we are waiting for a context, but I still am trying to imagine ANY context in which that statement would fit. If it turns out that there is a valid context and I have jumped the gun, I will readily and sincerely apologize. Until then, I remain alarmed.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: January 20, 2009 09:45PM

The message was about having joy in our lives and that judging was a joykiller and we shouldn't be judging other people or churches and he wanted to get ride of the whole judgment issue and beging to sow seeds. You can't have joy in the middle of judgment and you must work unity out and get rid of division. Basically, he wants to get ride of the whole judgment issue and be united so they can be truly joyful. Then he says the wolf quote. The only problem is the wolf is already in his midst and he doesn't know it. I will share more at a later time and those who know who I am are welcome to contact me. Buddy

Date: January 21, 2009 01:47AM

buddy
The message was about having joy in our lives and that judging was a joykiller and we shouldn't be judging other people or churches and he wanted to get ride of the whole judgment issue and beging to sow seeds. You can't have joy in the middle of judgment and you must work unity out and get rid of division. Basically, he wants to get ride of the whole judgment issue and be united so they can be truly joyful. Then he says the wolf quote. The only problem is the wolf is already in his midst and he doesn't know it. I will share more at a later time and those who know who I am are welcome to contact me. Buddy

Hey guys when I posted this statement
BraveHeart
buddy
Mike Villamor's quote of the week:"If a wolf gets into our midst we will buy some dog food. Idon't know! We will deal with that when we get there."
-Fan the Flame 1/16/09

What if the wolf doesn't like dog food?

Buddy thanks for the post and that is a good question "What if the wolf doesn't like dog food?"

I need to address Mike directly....
Mike, what a moronic irresponsible statement!!!!
You just tipped your cards to everybody and you have exposed your strategies.

In other words what you are saying, when a wolf comes into to the flock you befriend it and try to turn it into a domesticated pet! You think you can change its nature and natural instincts? But the truth is, you can not tame a wild wolf!!! and they love to eat sheep!! Oh and before a wolf can eat the sheep the wolf has to kill it first!

Hmm
So that is how you handle a false teacher? You befriend it? You cuddle it and you feed it? You give up your resources to make friends with it?
That sounds like a classic liberal tactic! Go make friends with your enemy, the devil
....oh and by the way liberalism is a cult!!!

All I can say to your embracing of Tony Cunningham and now Casey Treat.... "WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?"

Why Don't You Try Embracing Christ and Christ only!!!

when I posted this statement
I was considering all the history that I have with Tony down here in Sacramento. Considering the heavy influence that Tony has had over Mike and the Staff & Elders at TPC. What we are seeing at Turning Point Church is only about 1-2 years behind Radiant Life in levels of spiritual abuse and false teachings. What we are seeing at Turning point is a mirror of what has happened here in Sacramento at Radiant Life! Turning Point is facing the same identical issues that Radiant Life is facing….and that is having a false apostle in the pulpit!
All the warning signs were ignored here. The leadership insulated themselves from the people and the abuses simply increased as they continued to self protect.
I too looked at this statement and thought “is this was some kind of a joke?” How could anyone make that statement?
I can not think of any scenario that this comment would hold any credibility to. Northwests and M&M "have you guys let down your guard?"

Here is another prospective to look at, politically this is mindset, of making friends with your enemies. This is exactly what lead to the attack on 9/11. The United States let down its guard ignoring all signs and warnings, including 2 previous attacks on the world trade center. History has a way of revealing the truth!
Collectively the church leadership has let down its guard and allowed these wolves and devils into the congregation and the pulpit.... meanwhile the people are being hurt!!!

Buddy You nailed it with a very accurate point
buddy
“The only problem is the wolf is already in his midst and he doesn't know it.”
Let’s take a look at who the enemy is. The wolf is a very clever beast it will stock its prey for weeks and days looking for the vulnerability of its victim. Once he sees the perfect opportunity he strikes with out warning. Today the church does not recognize there enemies and they have been conditioned to “Not Judge” by these false teachers (wolves). No wonder they try to get you to think looking at the fruit of a persons teachings is a bad thing to do and it is judging...

Come on!!! lets get real it was Christ who warned the church to be on guard to test the spirits and fruit of people coming into your midst. The church has fallen asleep and become complacent and apathetic to the schemes of the devil.

People are not seeing the wood for the trees, They look to Mike thinking he has there best interest at hand but the truth is the focus is all about Mike, Mike…the apostle Mike!
The identical focus we have down here in Sacramento is Tony, Tony the apostle Tony!
The flock i.e. the congregation all think he looks like a sheep, he acts like a sheep…. when the really ishe is just a WOLF in sheep’s clothing!

PEOPLE
Don’t put your head in the sand and pretend everything is OK!!!
Everyone reading this has a responsibility to the truth…are you going to ignore the warnings?
Are you willingly going to allow the enemy to access your family and loved ones?

Date: January 22, 2009 01:16PM

buddy

I have heard all of Mikes sermon and yes this is a very accurate report!

It is in context....although....
....It sound like Mike is loosing it for just a moment.

To think A pastor representing Jesus Christ would not know how to react to a WOLF was in the midst of the church.....Sorry friends that is alarming!!!!

I would be asking some serious questions of Mike....and if he could not respond or refused to be transparent then folks you need to start looking for a new church. What a dangerous leader to muster up the notion to make friends with your enemy.

Date: January 23, 2009 10:24AM

M&M, Northwest, and other posters:

Now that we have a context for the wolf statement, what are your thoughts?

Any pastors or former pastors out there care to comment on this? Would YOU have that attitude toward spiritual predators if you were charged with guiding, teaching, and tending a group of believers? Is Mike's a biblical attitude toward our enemy the devil (who prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may DEVOUR)? What are the implications of this for the Christians (especially the babes in Christ) who put themselves so fully under the pastoral care at Turning Point?

Apparently when the enemy begins working his strategies in their midst (which I believe he is doing already) there's no need for alarm. Just placate the enemy with some "dog food." Where is that strategy in Scripture?

Let's not confuse the issue of who the enemy is and how he is to be treated, either:
I know we are to pray for and be kind to our enemies, but that is referring to other people who openly oppose us, treating us as their enemies. However, this admonition about how to treat our enemies IS NOT talking about our enemy the devil, nor his agents who are false teachers, nor power hungry sedeucers, nor anything of the like. These we must resist!

If I know I have an enemy that is looking for any and every opportunity to destroy me, do I just "cross that bridge" when I come to it? Or do I prepare? I believe the Word says "Be sober and vigilant" toward our enemy, which is completely contrary to being jocular and flippant.

Even at my place of employment, the safety coordinator has arranged to have fire drills--preparation in case of a fire! There's a plan in place for everyone to follow, just in case. That way, we're ready. Should we do any less in our churches when eternal consequences are at stake?

Date: January 23, 2009 10:27AM

M&M, Northwest, and other posters:

Now that we have a context for the wolf statement, what are your thoughts?

Any pastors or former pastors out there care to comment on this? Would YOU have that attitude toward spiritual predators if you were charged with guiding, teaching, and tending a group of believers? Is Mike's a biblical attitude toward our enemy the devil (who prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may DEVOUR)? What are the implications of this for the Christians (especially the babes in Christ) who put themselves so fully under the pastoral care at Turning Point?

Apparently when the enemy begins working his strategies in their midst (which I believe he is doing already) there's no need for alarm. Just placate the enemy with some "dog food." Where is that strategy in Scripture?

Let's not confuse the issue of who the enemy is and how he is to be treated, either:
I know we are to pray for and be kind to our enemies, but that is referring to other people who openly oppose us, treating us as their enemies. However, this admonition about how to treat our enemies IS NOT talking about our enemy the devil, nor his agents who are false teachers, nor power hungry sedeucers, nor anything of the like. These we must resist!

If I know I have an enemy who is looking for any and every opportunity to destroy me, do I just "cross that bridge" when I come to it? Or do I prepare? I believe the Word says "Be sober and vigilant" toward our enemy, which is completely contrary to being jocular and flippant.

Even at my place of employment, the safety coordinator has arranged to have fire drills--preparation in case of a fire! There's a plan in place for everyone to follow, just in case. That way, we're ready. Should we do any less in our churches when it comes to being ready to stand firm against our common enemy when eternal consequences are at stake?

Current Page: 14 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.