Current Page: 12 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: January 10, 2009 04:51AM

TPR.....I agree in part but believe that we need to be careful in what we call innuendo. If you are referencing the comment made that "somebody said they saw them at a counseling center" then if somebody did say that I don't think there is anything wrong with exploring that to see if it is true. They did not say they were at a counseling center. Some of these issues need to be explored. If someone told you something it is not wrong to say someone told me. It is wrong to assume it is true if you dont know. This is an open forum and people are at all different places. Some are trying to hang on to their walk with God, some are still walking well, and for some christianity has become disgusting because of people like Tony Cunningham and Mike Villamor. So, I will raise the question. If anyone knows anything about Mike going to a counseling center then speak up. Nothing more was said other than it may have been a possibility. The only person that knows and can judge the credibility of the person who may have made that comment is the person who received it. If my father or wife told me that then I would put a great deal of weight on it being true and would be more likely to speak up about it. I think at this point. With all the destruction and mess Radiant Life has caused in peoples lives and knowing that Mike is a disciple and follower of Tony, all is fair game. I have heard so much that I thought was far fetched that I discovered to be true. Also, might want to check out the meaning of innuendo and not stretch it. I believe wherefromhere was stating a fact and did not have any underliying motives or was trying to hint at something. The fact was that someone told him/her. I doesnt make it true but given the current state of the ship it opens it up to exploration.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 10, 2009 06:08AM

whatajoke
TPR.....I agree in part but believe that we need to be careful in what we call innuendo. If you are referencing the comment made that "somebody said they saw them at a counseling center" then if somebody did say that I don't think there is anything wrong with exploring that to see if it is true. They did not say they were at a counseling center. Some of these issues need to be explored. If someone told you something it is not wrong to say someone told me. It is wrong to assume it is true if you dont know. This is an open forum and people are at all different places. Some are trying to hang on to their walk with God, some are still walking well, and for some christianity has become disgusting because of people like Tony Cunningham and Mike Villamor. So, I will raise the question. If anyone knows anything about Mike going to a counseling center then speak up. Nothing more was said other than it may have been a possibility. The only person that knows and can judge the credibility of the person who may have made that comment is the person who received it. If my father or wife told me that then I would put a great deal of weight on it being true and would be more likely to speak up about it. I think at this point. With all the destruction and mess Radiant Life has caused in peoples lives and knowing that Mike is a disciple and follower of Tony, all is fair game. I have heard so much that I thought was far fetched that I discovered to be true. Also, might want to check out the meaning of innuendo and not stretch it. I believe wherefromhere was stating a fact and did not have any underliying motives or was trying to hint at something. The fact was that someone told him/her. I doesnt make it true but given the current state of the ship it opens it up to exploration.

whatajoke: We hold ourselves to a higher standard than Tony or Mike hold themselves, do we not? I believe we do, yes. So I took your suggestion to heart and looked up the definition of "innuendo" : an indirect intimation about a person or thing, esp. of a disparaging or a derogatory nature. I believe there is a big difference between, "I saw John Doe slap his donkey" and "I heard someone who saw John Doe slap his donkey". One is indirect the other is direct. Twice in recent postings there have been innuendos made regarding the reason behind Mike's sabbatical. If we choose to be careless in our postings then we become shadows of the very things we say we despise in Mike and in Tony.

If someone has first hand knowledge then I would encourage them to step forward and speak. However, to imply that there is something more to Mikes sabbatical without being forthright with the truth does not help anyone on this forum.

If you know the reason(s) behind the sabbatical then step forward and state matter of factly what those reasons are and what / who the source is for information. Personally I do not care why Mike went on a Sabbatical. That is of no importance to me as I no longer attend TPCWOC. It may be of importance to those who still attend and I would hope the Elders of the church would speak truthfully to the flock about such matters.
What is important to me is that when members of TPCWOC come and read this forum there will be no ring of truth to the claim that, "Those people on RICKROSS are just a bunch of slanderers and gossips".

I would encourage us to stick with what we know personally and stay away from the temptation to post hear say. If the person who saw Mike at this place wants to come and post they are welcome to do so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 06:13AM by TurningPointReject.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: January 10, 2009 07:50AM

For sake of keeping this forum going we are going to have to agree to disagree. I don't know what the situation is in this case but I do know that in many instances there are those who post on here who are close to the truth but sometimes in precarious positions. The timing is not always right and people are stored up inside. Most of what we have learned is indirect intimation. I dont want to get stuck on this and believe that raising the issue thus far is enough to raise the hair on Mike and company if true. Someone out there knows whats going on. Thanks for your response TPR. I may not agree in this instance but I respect what you have to say and will take heed.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: January 10, 2009 10:22AM

I have been informed that there is/was indeed some underlying reason for the Sabbatical. The person(s) from whom I heard this are reliable sources, and were sensitive to the nature of gossip and the privacy of Mike and Cyndi and did not disclose specifics, since that was not the purpose of our conversation. I do not care (on one level) WHAT the reasons were/are, but I do care about WHY leadership chose not to come clean with the congregation whom they encourage toward disclosure, honsety, truthfulness.

In the past, I have heard Pastor Mike be very open in disclosing personal and family faults and foibles in his sermons. Were these just special (safe) slice-of-life selections to show how "everyman" he is and to endear himself to his listeners as he outlines his "spiritual response" to his personal life circumstances? (Now that I think of it, inevitably when he told these anecdotes, he revealed how he "landed on his feet" by honoring God in some way.) But if this is the case, it is not really the kind of honesty that is on par with the kind he calls TPCWOC parishoners and staff to exercise. Not that we need to know all of the "dirt" on anyone. That's not it at all. It's the double standard raising it's head again: one standard for the people, another for the pastor/leadership.

Anyway, regardless of this, since there IS a significant reason for the sabbatical, beyond the one pitched to the general TPC "public," wouldn't it have been better if Mike and Cyndi had said so?--Had said something like "While there is a reason we are choosing not to disclose what's really going on with us right now, we do ask for your prayers as we take some time away from ministry to work out these personal issues"? This is so much more respectable than a cover up with some fake, inspirational, rah-rah sales pitch to the congregation.

It's just more of the same sad stuff we see over and over with leaders who build their empires and then try to hide the truth when the inevitable results of pride and appearances come to fruition. It's the story of the human condition, only magnified times a thousand on the big screen for everyone to watch. More shame for the church, more (perhaps fatal) obstacles for those who will be disillusioned in the end. Makes me want to cry.

Except that there is God's faithfulness. There is that. Always that. So if you're one of the disillusioned ones or becoming that way, PLEASE do what Hebrews 12 says and FIX YOUR EYES ON JESUS, THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER/PERFECTER OF OUR FAITH. I'm doing the same.

Posted by: wherefromhere ()
Date: January 10, 2009 12:05PM

As for inuendo, the facts are this, mike and cindy were at the counseling center in edmonds, so were friends of ours. They saw them there more than one time. I think they must have had counseling on same days. This was at least a month ago. Then to hear him mention a ministry called strong marriages that he got to sit down with roy anderson last week at mitzels for 3 hours and that now roy anderson is going to be a part of tpc marriage conference. roy anderson is a counselor that the counseling center uses for pastors. sorry for inuendo. our friends were hesitant to say anything but felt it odd that mike brought up roy anderson. Thats the facts maam

Posted by: M&M ()
Date: January 10, 2009 12:58PM

I think wanting truth and wherefromhere have brought up good points.

The original apostles weren't perfect.

If Pastors Mike and Cyndi were getting counseling isn't that a good thing? Wouldn't that cause you to have more confidence in them and not less?

Wouldn't it be a great blessing to the body of Christ if they came clean?

Imagine if pastors were free from having to carry a false image of perfection and performance? What if they could say we are being healed just like the rest of you?

When any of us have "pretend selves" that we present to others we don't have real intimacy,
we don't have real fellowship.

If this turns out to be true I pray that Mike and Cyndi will come forward and then they will know they are loved not for being perfect but for who they are.

It would free them to really minister in the gifts God has given them.

Mike and Cyndi if this is true I love and support you. God bless you!!!

Date: January 10, 2009 11:45PM

I noticed on the TPC website elder page that the photos of Jeff and Kim Barnes have been removed. Perhaps new photos are coming.

On a different note...I was noticing discussion about New Apostolic Reformation headed by Peter Wagner. Is TPC aligned with this group? And can anyone confirm that it is basically set up like a good ol Amway structure where churches in the "Downline" pay some sort of tithe to the "upline" church.
Can anyone speak to these matters? Is TPC aligned with NAR and is this an accurate portrayal of the structure?

Date: January 11, 2009 01:26AM

learning point I woke up thinking about the same thing this morning, and what came to mind is how some cops (some not all) disregard the laws of the road they speed they go through lights I believe the think that since they inforce the law they are the law and are above the law, I think some pastors think that too as a matter of fact Cyndi once stated(I say once becasue thats all I heard her say it) that her and Mike have liberties that the rest of us dont. That puts them above the principals we have to follow. That statement alone is enough to question any prophetic thing she says, becasue if anything the bible says there held into higher acountability because of thier positions. they should be more obiediant more humble less selfseeking more honest more of all the attributes Jesus told us to strive for.

Date: January 11, 2009 06:23AM

nooneofanyimportence
learning point I woke up thinking about the same thing this morning, and what came to mind is how some cops (some not all) disregard the laws of the road they speed they go through lights I believe the think that since they inforce the law they are the law and are above the law, I think some pastors think that too as a matter of fact Cyndi once stated(I say once becasue thats all I heard her say it) that her and Mike have liberties that the rest of us dont. That puts them above the principals we have to follow. That statement alone is enough to question any prophetic thing she says, becasue if anything the bible says there held into higher acountability because of thier positions. they should be more obiediant more humble less selfseeking more honest more of all the attributes Jesus told us to strive for.

The number one rule in leadership: The Higher in leadership you go the FEWER freedoms you have. This is modeled by Jesus himself.

Philippians 2:5-7 (New International Version)

5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

Jesus let go of the liberties he possessed as God. He didnt take liberties. If it is true that Mike and Cyndi believe they have liberties that others don't have then I am truly saddened. They are forfeiting their leadership. Servants have NO liberties. None.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: January 11, 2009 10:18AM

buddy
We are currently going to Turning Point and I have also wondered if they were getting paid for Teaching Soma as well as full time ministry along with real estate. When do they sleep and spend time as a family? When do they have time to do extra volunteer work they expect their parishioners to do above their jobs? Our full time jobs are 40 hours a week and along with having a child and keeping up with sports activities and church activities we don't have time left to do a second job let alone a third part time job. We also noticed some word of faith activity amongst members and staff. We are very concerned about the direction the church is going and seriously considering departing ways. I thought the Mormons were the only ones with apostles, but I guess I was mistaken we have Mike. I find it very sad to see this happening to a church that has so many good things going for it. I think Mike needs to repent and spill it all out to the congregation and I believe you would see a great revival. Of course if you have been deceived into believing you are right it would be next to impossible to repent for something you believe in and that is why I'm going to start looking for another place to worship that follows my beliefs. Who is protecting the flock from false teaching? Where is the spirit of discernment? Buddy

Good points and great questions. I'm a bit puzzled by your observation "We also noticed some word of faith activity amongst members and staff." could you elaborate?

I still believe that Mike and Cindi have been seduced by the same demons that have seduced Tony. This is a demonic stronghold that promises fortune, power and fame to people like Mike and Tony as they manipulate and extort people of there time & resources.

This whole notion that Mike is some kind of apostle is such a joke that I have to ask what evidence is there, if any, that Mike is an apostle? because that is the same question i have been asking down here about Tony Cunningham!
Can anyone come up with any evidence that Mike or Tony are apostles???
Does anyone have one shred of evidence that they are apostles?

Current Page: 12 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.