Current Page: 19 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: February 02, 2009 04:00AM

OOPS! I put the wrong ending on that web site which I recommended for perusal. It's NOT .org, it's .com

deceptioninthechurch.com

is the one you'll want to look at if you have questions about people and their teachings, as well as movements, such as the New Apostolic Reformation that Mike is embracing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: February 02, 2009 04:23AM

Pastor Mike mentioned T.D. Jakes today in church. Isn't he one of those word of faith, name it claim it, positive confession, prosperity, take my money so I can get rich false movement teachers.

Date: February 02, 2009 05:53AM

T.D. Jakes also has a heretical view of the Trinity, essentially that God morphs into the Father, Son, Spirit, instead of believing what the Bible teaches/demonstrates that God exists as three distinct persons eternally existing as one God.

You can find the following articles about him at deceptioninthechurch.com

T.D. Jakes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: T.D. Jakes is a Oneness Pentecostal who also teaches Word of Faith false teachings.

(1) Get Ready For T.D. Jakes: The Velcro Bishop With Another Gospelby G. Richard Fisher, Personal Freedom Outreach, Vol 17, No 2, 1997 "We must choose — the stakes are enormous — and eternal. Put away the Jakes materials and revisit the Bible. It will tell you the truth minus the velcro."

(2) T.D. Jakes by Bob Hunter, The Contenders, 2000
A series of articles about T.D. Jakes.

(3) The Trinity - Refused Or Confused by Mike Oppenheimer, Let Us Reason Ministries
Exposing anti-Trinitarians including Tommy Tenney, Creflo Dollar, Rod Parsley, T.D. Jakes, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Gwen Shamblain, Arnold Murray, Joseph Goode.
(4) T.D. Jakes On The Trinity by Ken Silva, 1/2/07
This article gives you specific information about Jakes' heretical view of the nature of God.

(5) Letter To Dr. T.D. Jakes Asking For His Definative Veiw On The Trinity by Ken Silva, 2006
The following is the actual text of a letter I have just sent to Dr. T.D. Jakes asking him to definitively clarify his position concerning the nature of God.

(6) Letter To Southern Baptist President Dr. Frank Page Regarding Oneness Pentecostal Dr. T.D. Jakes Preaching In An SBC Chunrch by Ken Silva, 2006
The following is another letter I have written and sent to Dr. Frank Page the president of the Southern Baptist Convention concerning Ed Young, Jr. and Dr. Ed Young sharing the pulpit with Oneness Pentecostal Dr. T.D. Jakes during Creative Church Conference 2007 hosted by Fellowship Church (SBC), Grapevine, TX. where Young, Jr. is pastor.

(7) T.D. Jakes And Oneness Pentecostalism (AKA Modalism) by Ken Silva, Apprising Ministries, 1/10/07
How very sad, the alleged Church “militant” is so tepid and timid will not even defend the Holy Trinity. So a flaming heretic like Dr. T.D. Jakes with a very powerful speaking persona will now come right into this SBC meeting and dominate it as he did last year at C3 2006. And from there other “evangelical” church groups will be more emboldened to follow suit and Jakes will go from someone who was once on the fringe of the Church to front and center stage. But know this: Opening this door to Jakes will also be opening the door for mainstream acceptance for a whole host of other Word Faith and Emergent Church spiritual “knuckleheads.” Unfortunately I must say there are quite perilous times ahead.

(8) T. D. Jakes: Quotes Lighthouse Trails; OKs Yoga by Lighthouse Trails, 4/20/07
Jakes quoted an article we wrote titled "Evangelical Leaders Promote New Age and Eastern Spiritual Practices" Interestingly, in his own article, Jakes rightly acknowledges Rick Warren's promotion of eastern mysticism: In Warren's Purpose-Driven Life, he does encourage people to practice "breath prayers" by repeating words and phrases over and over in a mantra-style prayer, a practice that is similar to that found in Hindu yoga and Zen Buddhism." But Jakes seems to advocate Rick Warren's position by stating: In many cases yoga can be viewed as a quiet place where we individually meditate on God's word and who that God is.

Date: February 02, 2009 06:22AM

An Open Letter to David Luster

David Luster,

May I appeal to you to please check out what is being called into question here? This is not indiscriminate bashing for some kind of personal pleasure. I hope that you can tell by the tone of my posts that these are genuine and well-founded concerns. And it's a cop out to say that these are nit-picking things. The nature of God is a foundational point of faith.

We are instructed in scripture to watch our life and doctrine closely. You know this. The Bible warned us that there would be teachers gathering people around them to tell them what they want to hear. Do you think prosperity doctrine appeals to our flesh? I do. I think it's just what people want to hear. YOU know that Jesus wasn't rich. That's just a self-justification concocted to fool the masses into buying into the gospel of prosperity.

PLEASE, David. Please! I know you have a passion for the eternal destiny of people. The deception won't be so obvious as a literal wolf in a sheepskin entering the church building. These heresies will come through people we've come to like so much that we'll be hesitant to call what they're doing and saying into question.

Frogs in kettles, David. Frogs in kettles. I know you once knew the truth. (I think you still do when you're alone and agonizing over the inconsistencies between where TP is going and what God's Spirit of Truth is saying to you.) Your conscience has to be uneasy at times, because you see some of the lies and hypocrisy and more important, the lack of being true to what is written in Scripture. If there is anyone who will stand up and say "NO MORE! This has gone too far." I've always believed it would be you.

Do you think that something good can go bad? I do. Look at things for what they are now, not for what they were 10 years ago. I am convinced that you belong to the Truth, and therefore I'm convinced that you are uneasy on some level. Please don't sell your soul for a job, a new church, for relationships here on earth. The Gospel is too precious.

You're going to find it harder and harder to preach the PURE gospel the longer you remain connected to the rising tide of the gospel of prosperity at Turning Point. My prayers are with and for you and your family, as well as for the call God has on your life to preach the pure gospel of Christ crucified and victoriously resurrected that we might have eternal life in and with Him. "For the joy set before Him, He endured the cross, despising the shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." So that we could be financially prosperous? Is that what you truly believe? I know you don't.

I beg you to jump out of the kettle, and stand up, David! You are positionally poised to call others out of the growing deception.

3If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.
6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Paul's Charge to Timothy
11But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

I am confident of your calling and of your allegiance to Christ, David. May your SOUL prosper. Amen!

Date: February 02, 2009 07:23AM

Dave Luster has chicken feathers! If he is a real evangelist (2Tim4:1-5)he would correct and rebuke these nut cases.

Date: February 02, 2009 03:19PM

buddy
Dave Luster has chicken feathers! If he is a real evangelist (2Tim4:1-5)he would correct and rebuke these nut cases.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one, Buddy. I believe that David has the capacity and commitment to stand up for what is true. (I hope I'm not mistaken.) Meanwhile, let's keep praying for TP leadership. Repentance is next to impossible (but for the grace of God) for any of us when our pride is at stake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 03:19PM by LearningPoint.

Date: February 02, 2009 03:24PM

OK,I am sorry Dave Luster ,I do not think you have chicken feathers!

Date: February 02, 2009 03:26PM

buddy
OK,I am sorry Dave Luster ,I do not think you have chicken feathers!

:) Gotta love your good heart, Buddy.

Posted by: wherefromhere ()
Date: February 02, 2009 03:43PM

at church today the topic was joy again. pastor mike made reference to scripture in ezra 3 about how some wept and others had joy. i always interpreted that scripture to mean the ones that wept were weeping tears of joy. correct me if im wrong someone. anyways my wife and i have decided to go one more week. we plan on each fasting one day and seeing what the Lord my speak to us. also, we really like david luster and his preaching. another one who is good at preaching is pastor jeff moors. neither one of them sounds like mike. we wondered about pstor barnes, because sometimes he didnt sound like he was convinced of his own sermons. well this is the hardest decision we have ever really had to make and we would appreciate your prayers.

Date: February 02, 2009 04:04PM

wherefromhere
at church today the topic was joy again. pastor mike made reference to scripture in ezra 3 about how some wept and others had joy. i always interpreted that scripture to mean the ones that wept were weeping tears of joy. correct me if im wrong someone. anyways my wife and i have decided to go one more week. we plan on each fasting one day and seeing what the Lord my speak to us. also, we really like david luster and his preaching. another one who is good at preaching is pastor jeff moors. neither one of them sounds like mike. we wondered about pstor barnes, because sometimes he didnt sound like he was convinced of his own sermons. well this is the hardest decision we have ever really had to make and we would appreciate your prayers.

The verses imply that the older generation wept when they saw the foundation of the new Temple because it was clear that this Temple wouldn't hold a candle to the old one Solomon had built. These older folks could recall the incomparable glory of the first Temple. It was likely a regretful kind of mourning at what had been and would never be again--all because of not listening to God's Word through Jeremiah decades earlier.

May God grant you wisdom and courage in your decision-making process.

PS: Did Mike refrain from boasting about things--both prior to and during his message? I sincerely hope he did.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 04:05PM by LearningPoint.

Current Page: 19 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.