Current Page: 13 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: January 12, 2009 02:43AM

Today in church Pastor Mike made the announcement that Casey Treat "word of faith movement teacher" was coming to Turning Point as a speaker for the discipleship training conference in October. From everything I was noticing was that the church was going in this direction and now I've got the confirmation. I was wondering if
Casey was coming in his limo or helicopter? Buddy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: January 12, 2009 11:05PM

all I can say to you brothers and sisters is you need to demand the truth! We have a responsibility to test what these pastors and speakers believe. if you don't test what they teach then you are willingly handing over the keys of faith to these false teachers.

Date: January 13, 2009 12:19PM

For years we have heard Christian leaders say that the Christians in America have no idea what real persecution is like. We have all heard the many examples of how Christians in China, Russia, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and through out the world have suffered such outrageous examples of human torture all because of one’s faith in Jesus Christ. You can look up the history of the martyrs in “Fox’s book of martyrs” and “Jesus Freaks” and yes there are many examples of persecution and torture.
The enemy would be so bold and crass to challenge a Christian to renounce there faith in Jesus Christ. We don’t have that kind of persecution here in the states yet, but we do have a very subliminal seduction occurring.

I would agree the freedoms we have here in the United States has insulated believers from facing true persecution. I believe Christians in America have adopted an apathetic attitude rather than standing firm in there faith. They have aloud strange people to come into there congregations and woo people to follow there new teachings. America has become a breading ground for false religions and false teachers. We the Church have become complacent and apathetic to the schemes of the devil. We have the keys to lock up and protect our faith but we don’t use them. It’s like leaving your keys in your car eventually somebody is going to steal your car. I believe that’s the condition of the Christian Church today. We have willingly given up the fight for the truth and allowed thieves into our homes.

Meanwhile people like Tony have posed like a genuine pastor only seduce the members of the congregation. He has wooed members to think he is an apostle, prophet and “man of God status” The illusion is propped up where people stop questioning and just go with the flow. People in the church have not tested these goofy teachings and we end up with Spiritual Authority, Covenant Relationships, Spiritual Parenting, Heart of David, Strategic Advance, Discipleship Training and Leadership Development. Teachings like these go unchallenged and unchecked turn into religions like Mormons & Jehovah witnesses the Christian Scientist and now Tony Cunningham of Radiant Life church.

You see the church has given up they have willingly handed over the foundations of faith in Jesus Christ to these false teachers who covertly are doing the devils work. They have allowed there ears to be tickled and seduced to follow a false Pastor. Call it the subliminal seduction of our souls.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: January 17, 2009 01:20PM

I recall Pastor Mike saying that he'd been to a Benny Hinn service once, and Mike said that he didn't think it was OK to question/be critical of Hinn's ministry since God may well be working through Benny, and who are we to question that? (Interesting commentary on Benny's more recent ministry antics at this link: [www.deceptioninthechurch.com] )

Mike has failed to teach those he is leading to distinguish false doctrine and to reject a minister who insists on teaching it. Mike looks at signs and wonders, and if they are present, he will not venture to "touch God's anointed" so to speak. Benny Hinn has consistently clung to false doctrine, even when Christian editors (at the publishing houses through which he has been published) point it out to him and ask him to correct it. Casey Treat is in this same camp of heretical teachers and now, apparently, Mike is opening the pulpit to Treat. Has Mike googled mainline Christianity's responses to Treat's doctrines?

Oh, speaking of the helicopter, here's a tongue-in-cheek-blog about it (read clear to the end, and note the quote from Treat). I pasted it below but found here: [www.citybusinesschurch.org]:

Church to use Helicopter only for Special Occasions, like Pastors Birthday.
Posted on January 2nd, 2009 by catalyst into the Prosperity Doctrine category
Chris sends in this follow-up article on Christian Faith Center's new helipad.

The church sensing some backlash sought to clarify the use of the helicopter:

The church will use the helistop only on major religious holidays and for special guest speakers, said Hulsmann, owner of Abbey Road Group Land Development Services. Another case would be a special event, such as Wendy Treat’s birthday, so she could be at both campuses for services, Hulsmann said.

So, no worries, folks. This will only be used on religious holidays and the Pastor's birthday. You know, Christ's Birthday and um, Pastor Wendy's Birthday. What? What? That's the same thing.

This is actually par for the course for a pastor who once uttered: "When God looks into the Mirror, He sees Me. When I look into the Mirror I see God."

So with Mike having a standard of not questioning those who claim a special anointing, the door is wide open. His desire for increasing sensationalism, for more and more hype and excitement will lead him precisely where wisdom forbids him to go, leading many down that slippery slope with him.

Date: January 17, 2009 08:44PM

WOW it sounds like Mike is mimicking the same rubbish that Tony Cunningham has used down here in Sacramento. Tony has defended Benny Henn addressing the folks at the Saturday night prayer trance, also known as the GAP, with phrases like; “who are you to know what the power of God is going to look like?” and How can you sit back and judge what you see? Then he would give examples of how God would show up and do things in the Bible. He would use examples like the ground opening up and swallowing up a group of people who opposed and questioned Moses.
What I fear for mike and the leadership of Turning point Church is no matter how much Mike tries to distance himself from Tony he is still embracing the false teachings and false beliefs that he as learned from Tony. He still has the unholy soul ties with the demonic spirits that embrace Tony. People at Turning Point Church who have submitted to Mike’s authority are under the same Demonic oppression.

It appears that TPC is simply reinventing the image of the school (SOMA). dressing it up with a new name but still holding to the core curriculum that was started by Tony Cunningham down here in Sacramento.

Again my concerns would be that church leadership i.e. Elders, Deacons and Staffers have been seduced by the promise of prosperity and spiritual favor. That they have let down there guard an aloud false teaching into there church just like the leadership of Radiant Life Church has here in Sacramento / Elk Grove

Date: January 18, 2009 03:22PM

Just to clarify: I heard Mike make his comments about Benny Hinn a few years back.

Date: January 18, 2009 03:49PM

Another link to information about Casey Treat: [simplicityinchrist.org]

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: January 19, 2009 06:20AM

Mike Villamor's quote of the week:"If a wolf gets into our midst we will buy some dog food. Idon't know! We will deal with that when we get there."
-Fan the Flame 1/16/09

What if the wolf doesn't like dog food?

Date: January 19, 2009 09:08AM

buddy
Mike Villamor's quote of the week:"If a wolf gets into our midst we will buy some dog food. Idon't know! We will deal with that when we get there."
-Fan the Flame 1/16/09

What if the wolf doesn't like dog food?

Buddy thanks for the post and that is a good question "What if the wolf doesn't like dog food?"

I need to address Mike directly....
Mike, what a moronic irresponsible statement!!!!
You just tipped your cards to everybody and you have exposed your strategies.

In other words what you are saying, when a wolf comes into to the flock you befriend it and try to turn it into a domesticated pet! You think you can change its nature and natural instincts? But the truth is, you can not tame a wild wolf!!! and they love to eat sheep!! Oh and before a wolf can eat the sheep the wolf has to kill it first!

Hmm
So that is how you handle a false teacher? You befriend it? You cuddle it and you feed it? You give up your resources to make friends with it?
That sounds like a classic liberal tactic! Go make friends with your enemy, the devil
....oh and by the way liberalism is a cult!!!

All I can say to your embracing of Tony Cunningham and now Casey Treat.... "WHAT'S UP WHIT THAT?"

Why Don't You Try Embracing Christ and Christ only!!!

Date: January 20, 2009 02:44AM

What happens when it is the pastor who invites the wolf into the flock and asks the flock to eat the wolf's food?

Current Page: 13 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.