Re: Struthers Memorial Independent Pentecostal Church
Posted by: MW89 ()
Date: April 06, 2024 04:27AM

I do remember being preached to about spiritual dwarves in heaven. In fairness, I also remember a sermon saying the least of our rewards in heaven would be so good we would not swap it for St Paul's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rensil ()
Date: April 06, 2024 09:16AM

Daisy69, Do you mean this death happened after deliverance in Struthers? Which Struthers branch-church did this occur in? How can they be proud about it if someone has lost their life?

Posted by: Daisy69 ()
Date: April 06, 2024 05:09PM

All I was told from sources, is that it was after a special service at camp last year.
It’s a brainwashing cult, they believe they can heal people with cooking oil, the leadership have messages from god, revealing everything.
The whole curing mental health problems, with praying in tongues. That’s plain dangerous.
Seeing people one to one for sin disclosure, is another thing that’s wrong.

Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: April 07, 2024 01:27PM

Hello, it’s great seeing it so busy in here. Obviously I just watched and read for a long time. But I am glad I have now started to share. Clearly I am not alone in my experience. I am sorry for that - no one should have had to experience the spiritual abuse that we did.

Interesting to read about the documentary. I assume there will be media reading these forums. I don’t expect it will be long before something is made about Struthers Memorial Church.

I have considered taking things further before. However I don’t have the confidence. I was saddened that the last 3 times I have logged in, I received a notification to say I had been hacked and there had been attempts to access my account from different IP addresses. Has anyone else had this before?

This is partly why I have been quiet for a while. Then I decided…..they tried to stop me before. I will not let them win.

I will share more later today. I am more determined than ever now. I want to be honest but fair. As I said, I do have some good memories. Just not many. The truth needs to come out. And it will.

Date: April 07, 2024 07:15PM

Rainbow put if the ip address is shown, put it into an online tracker

Posted by: blackwatch ()
Date: April 09, 2024 06:10PM

Hi Rainbow,

Where did the message about your IP come from? Sometimes these messages pop up in error.

I'm curious about your statement "they tried to stop me before". Can elaborate on this?

Posted by: Rensil ()
Date: April 10, 2024 09:57AM

Hi Rainbow
I have also received that warning message a couple of times when I was just about to post something on this Forum. I came out of my account then signed in again and everything was fine and I was able to post. It could be something to do with the Rick Ross website as we had problems with it a number of years ago, then it got fixed by whoever runs it. I wouldn’t necessarily assume that it’s Struthers folk trying to stop us from posting. I don’t think they can stop us. We are allowed to freely express our views in the UK and we are also trying to alert others to the dangers within SMC for both children and adults.

Re the idea of a documentary, I think it would be a good idea. Only thing is, as is usual with documentaries which expose fraud or abuse or cults, the presenter would likely want to speak to representatives from SMC and hear their views aswell. SMC leaders might either refuse or put forth some spokespersons to say how wonderful the church is, how happy the children in the School are and how the church helps folk in the local community.

Louis Theroux did some super TV documentaries about the cult-like Westborough Baptist Church in America and about the Church of Scientology, which is definitely a cult. You’ll be able to watch them on YouTube. Worth a watch! I’m not saying it should be Louis Theroux we would use, but his documentaries give you the idea.

Looking forward to hearing more from you all.

Date: April 10, 2024 03:05PM

The church don’t respond to this site. They see it as satans work. They say that Satan tries to pull people away from joining the church.
I took recordings of racism and other things said by those anointed ones.

Posted by: blackwatch ()
Date: April 10, 2024 04:21PM

Daisy69 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The church don’t respond to this site. They see it
> as satans work. They say that Satan tries to pull
> people away from joining the church.
> I took recordings of racism and other things said
> by those anointed ones.

And that's absolutely fine. All it does is add to the picture of lunacy. No reasonable person would think it ok just to dismiss it as 'Satan's work'. Nor would they think it acceptable to completely refuse to engage.

This thread has now had over 500,000 views. And it's all just the work of Satan? All just a delusion? All just a bunch of lies? That's the defense is it? Good luck with that. . .

Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: April 12, 2024 02:28AM

I remember the night I got ‘deliverance’. I don’t know why, but I opened up to some of my current friends about this story. They were horrified. They think I’m a good person. And yet I causally opened up about ‘that time I was possessed by demons’. I see now how weird and ridiculous it is. Everyone was gobsmacked wondering what it was I needed deliverance from. It was the most terrifying, horrific experience of my life.

This is truth and please know that while posting here I do want to be very genuine and honest. I’m not bitter as I have some good memories (just not many) but I do want to assure everyone that that I am being very real about what happened. I will give a very true honest story.

It was an evening meeting in Greenock. I was under 18 and taken into the back room (vestry?) with 3 adults - Grace Gault, Diana Rutherford and Andrew Jewell. I believe it became a manic, hyped up situation based on a desire on their part for what should happen. I did hear afterwards that there was some gossip about me that had lead to these leaders believing I was unclean and had been mixing with non Christians. It was actually untrue. I was quite a dull, boring student that tried to obey the rules.

I remember being heavily pushed to the floor by firm hands on my back and lying on my front. Screaming and crying. Wailing. Just 17 year old. I remember people shouting that they rebuke the demons, be free. Get out of her demons, leave her clean. Evil will leave the room. Everyone was shouting and shouting. All hands were heavily on me. I was flat out on the floor wailing, sobbing and screaming. Again I say….just 17 years old.

And then suddenly. Just suddenly it went silent. Like they'd had enough. I remember thinking ‘oh. What have I done’. So I sat up quietly and no one spoke. And no one did speak after that. They just left. 17 years old. In a room. Experiencing this terrifying ordeal and the 3 adults with a duty of care just walked away. No one spoke to me, no after care, no explanation. Nothing. The blood vessels all burst in my face as a result of the screaming. I don’t think I have ever been so traumatised in my whole life. If I needed deliverance before that horrific experience, goodness only knows what I needed afterwards. A hug would have been nice but hugs were banned from struthers. I received several warnings about that.

I do believe that this experience caused serious trauma. Thankfully I have had help and I’m in a better place. But what if this kind of behaviour is still happening?

On a side I notice above the comment about them being racist. Yes, sadly I sat through a meeting where Mary Black and Andrew Jewell and possibly some others (Alison speirs?) repeated some jokes that they thought were funny about ‘Jews’. Everyone was in stitches. It was awful, absolutely shameful and cringeworthy.

Sadly that it was they are like. The CU at the university would get slated. We had our own meetings as we were better than them.

I did try and speak to 2 leaders on separate occasions about my concerns. One of them scoffed at me in the corridor of the Greenock church. She said ‘what is your problem, you’re not right in the head’. No one was about - very telling in my opinion. She was one of the favourites, up and coming. Think she’s married to Andrew Jewell now, Rhian? Sweetness and light in public.

The following time I asked questions I was asked not to return. I was distraught as I had given up everything in my desperate desire to be accepted and be part of the church.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.