Current Page: 175 of 180
Re: Struthers Memorial Independent Pentecostal Church
Posted by: Daisy69 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 08:38PM

Hi rainbow sending love to you!
I remember sat listening to a certain persons testimony, about dumping their boyfriend because god made a revelation to them to do it.
I was disgusted by the detail gone into, that night was one of the worst nights of my life, I was imposed upon and prayed over.
I knew then it was a cult!
You are right that everyone’s private business is shared around the church.
They actually thought I was stupid and converted. When actually I was intel gathering.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Daisy69 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 08:48PM

Worse still the meetings are decided times etc, by putting it over to god. Really.

Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: April 25, 2024 07:43AM

Is it just me that checks for replies lol. It would appear the form has blown up in the last year. Has anyone got thoughts on why this may be?

Is it because Alison speirs has left?
Is it because many others have opened up and shared?
Is it just your time and you are ready to share?

I only ask as, I did say, I stayed hidden for many years. I could say sorry, but I’m also not sorry. I am ready now. I wasn’t then. I wasn’t strong enough. I am now. I can stand strong. Right now - I can’t say any more. I’ll be back though.

Date: April 25, 2024 08:16AM

I would like to apologise for my spelling. You’re and forum. Sorry about that guys!

Date: April 25, 2024 08:42AM

So I got a message from someone claiming to be the BBC. Wanting to do a show or story about this. I’m looking for anyone who is into tech to check out IP addresses etc… please. I get very paranoide. But if true. Maybe we could save a lot of lives x

Date: April 25, 2024 03:11PM

Any thoughts/insight grateful. I am keen to stay anonymous for now. If I can save others, however, well that changes everything.

Hi,

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is Jax, I am a journalist with the BBC. I am currently looking into allegations relating to Struthers Memorial Church. I am working with Mark Daly our investigations correspondent.

I have read your posts about your experience at SMC. I wondered if you would be up for chatting about this? What I would like to suggest is that we could have a conversation over the phone or Zoom, where I could further explain my plans to you. This conversation would be completely off the record.

I hope that this message has not been too much of an intrusion.

I really look forward to hearing from you soon.

Email: Jax.sinclair@bbc.co.uk
Mobile: 07369207137

Kindest Regards,

Posted by: blackwatch ()
Date: April 25, 2024 03:40PM

Hi Rainbow,

Yes, that's genuine. Mark Daily is fairly prolific investigative journalist with the BBC. He's made some pretty hard-hitting documentaries if I remember correctly. Presumably the person that's contacted you is a colleague.

With a thread that spans 14 years, 175 pages and half a million views, I'm not surprised it's come to this.

Date: April 25, 2024 03:45PM

Thanks blackwatch. Really appreciate your quick reply.

I think I have thought about this moment so many times and now it’s here my heart is racing. But I am willing to speak. I do want to stay anonymous for now. I have many reasons for that which is about family and obviously fear. But maybe in time and with reassurance I can open up even more.

I would be very open to everyone’s thoughts on this latest development. Thank you everyone for your understanding and kindness. I am grateful for you all sharing and relieved that I have been nothing but honest in this forum.

Date: April 25, 2024 04:19PM

Hi folks. Things are definitely taking a turn in this forum. It’s clear that there is interest and the press are watching. I believe they have already spoke to a few members and due to speak to some more. I would love if we can all be on the same page. Let’s be very honest, true and real. Facts are crucial just now but I understand it’s very difficult when it’s their word against ours. But please. I understand there is a lot of emotion. But…..Let’s not go on the attack. Let’s share. Be honest and see what happens. The latest developments have shook me a bit. I’ve probably waited my whole life for this and now it’s here I’m terrified because the spiritual abuser may be outed and they will do their thing very subtly. I’m sure there will be a sermon with a random verse being chosen just now. It’s a very difficult situation.

Posted by: blackwatch ()
Date: April 25, 2024 04:34PM

At the risk of sounding like a snob, personally I would rather it's the BBC than The Sun!

If you are willing to speak to them, but stay anonymous, they would absolutely honour that. On a personal level, perhaps it would help bring you a proper conclusion / closure?

You've asked for thoughts. Personally, I think it can only be a good thing if it exposes what's happened, brings about change and stops others from having similar experiences. I've watched quite a few of Mark Daly's documentaries and to my (non-journalistic eye) he seems to be balanced and fair.

I think the effect it would have would largely be down to how the church chose to respond. I would imagine there would be quite a lot of people that would want to distance themselves from such a thing entirely.

Current Page: 175 of 180

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.