Re: Struthers Memorial Independent Pentecostal Church
Posted by: Al Duff ()
Date: April 02, 2024 01:50AM

Hi again Rainbow

I've read your heartfelt comments with interest and largely sympathise. However, I might be tempted to have a slightly different take on your last point, where you write 'From what I understand the Speirses have left. Maybe not of their own will but one day I hope they will look back and thank God as they have been saved. I am glad for them'.

I think you may be being too easy on Alison Speirs, whose conduct has sometimes been highly questionable. Quite apart from what others have documented here, I mentioned in an earlier post the way I was demonised over my reasoned challenge to the 'Cedars School of Excellence' (incidentally, what a pompous, irritating name for a wee school!).

Now I wish to mention another egregious piece of misconduct. My wife was asked to speak at and chair a large church-related funeral. Alison turned up with her usual side-kick and instead of, in the spirit of the solemn occasion, supporting my wife, she did not even speak to her, sitting in a corner afterwards in one of those notorious extended tete-a-tetes which the Struthers leaders delight in.

My wife, who had made a supreme effort, did not deserve this bad-mannered, confidence-undermining, unChristian snub. It angers me to this day. I am awaiting an apology from her.

She has my email: I know this because she made one of her kids email me, falsely accusing me of having set up the Latigo website. I replied cordially, refuting the allegation. Did they get back with an apology? No. Like their mother, no manners, no sense of fair play, I would almost say (but I won't, since only God can judge it), no Christianity.

I do not need an apology, but I still want one for my wife. Until that happens, she (Alison Speirs) is for me an outlaw.

Hi Daisy69

Again, I am with you in most of what you say. However, I don't think running to the press is wise.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: April 02, 2024 01:58AM

Alduff, thanks for your reply and I accept your comments. You are right and I may have mislead people with my thoughts. I agree with you. Alison speirs has now left (I can’t confirm if it’s of choice or forced) but in my opinion she caused massive damage to myself and other people at struthers. She believed herself and her family were untouchable and without sin. This of course is my opinion.

I am so sorry for what happened to your wife. She deserves and apology.

Posted by: Daisy69 ()
Date: April 02, 2024 03:24AM

Something needs to be done, to save others. Panorama did a documentary on another Pentecostal church. It exposed all sorts of abuse. Google it.
All we can do, is try to save others.

Date: April 02, 2024 06:23AM

The days of the church will be numbered, with scotlands new hate crime law out.
In the churches case, it’s just what’s needed.

Posted by: MW89 ()
Date: April 02, 2024 09:03AM

Al Duff is the only person on here where I know exactly who he is and remember him well. I guess because he is using his real name.

I got lifts to and from Struthers meetings many times in his car, so I would say I probably knew him fairly well, and highly respected him.

It's a shame his wife was hurt, as I remember her as a lovely christian lady.

Someone a page or 2 back mentioned someone kicked out of the Struthers house for alleged witchcraft. I remember a year or so ago I read this entire forum, and someone was accused by the Cumbernauld leader of witchcraft, and the accused lady responded on the forum that the allegations were utter nonsense.

Posted by: blackwatch ()
Date: April 02, 2024 04:10PM

Al Duff,

Agree with your comments re Alison Speirs (incidentally - another one fairly fond of a pie or two whilst preaching moderation and sin in other people).

The name of the school grates with me to this today. It is, as you say, pompous and irritating.

I suspect re the treatment of your wife, a certain other-worldly place of eternal torture shall surely freeze over before you receive an apology. What a terribly thoughtless and altogether hurtful affair. So typical I'm sorry to say.

Interesting that you were accused of creating latigo. I have often wondered if the creator(s) is / are participants here.

Posted by: blackwatch ()
Date: April 02, 2024 04:18PM

Someone else mentioned about the potential for a documentary. I have to say I agree with this - the whole thing is ripe for the picking. The history, the entire backstory - the endless catalog of hurt and failure - the separation - the bizarre teaching - the hypocrisy - financial scandal - the school. There's plenty of material there for a pretty compelling piece - especially in the current climate where there's quite an appetite for this kind of thing.

Date: April 02, 2024 05:05PM

Hi black watch
I only suggested a documentary to help others. Especially the children to escape.
There are real safeguarding issues for the children.
Camp weekends are a real worry.

Posted by: Al Duff ()
Date: April 02, 2024 06:28PM

Hi MW89

Thank you very much for your comments. I am not sure who you are, and would be interested to know. My main passenger for several years was Susan Latham, who had awful physical disabilities. But she died young, sad to say, so unless you have risen from the dead, you can't be her!

Hi blackwatch

'I suspect re the treatment of your wife, a certain other-worldly place of eternal torture shall surely freeze over before you receive an apology.'

Lol. Nice one!

Posted by: MW89 ()
Date: April 02, 2024 07:07PM

Al Duff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi MW89
>
> Thank you very much for your comments. I am not
> sure who you are, and would be interested to know.
> My main passenger for several years was Susan
> Latham, who had awful physical disabilities. But
> she died young, sad to say, so unless you have
> risen from the dead, you can't be her!
>
I'll give you a clue. I have Free Church Of Scotland connections and was friends with a Free Church missionary and his wife who lived on the Glasgow University campus. They used to have prayer meetings at their flat which we both sometimes attended, although never at the same time.

Sorry to be cryptic, but although I was only ever on the edges at Struthers I don't want to out myself completely.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.